Start by marking “Fire in the Heart (Metahuman Files: Classified #3)” as Want to Read:
Fire in the Heart (Metahuman Files: Classified #3)

Fire in the Heart

(Metahuman Files: Classified #3)

Surrender to vows.

Staff Sergeant Alexei Dvorkin has come a long way since being turned into a metahuman, and all he wants to do is marry the man he loves. A wedding is easy, but it’s the honeymoon where his past unexpectedly catches up with him.

A future together.

All Agent Sean Delaney wanted was a romantic honeymoon with his new husband. When he and Alexei stumble
Published August 13th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Fire in the Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fire in the Heart

Start your review of Fire in the Heart (Metahuman Files: Classified #3)
Simone
***4.5 Stars***

To say it in Alexei's words:
"Try to have honeymoon, keep getting interrupted."

With 'Trouble' basically being Alexei and Sean's middle name, I was somewhat shocked but eternally grateful that the wedding itself and the ensuing wedding night proceeded without things that go boom - ahem, other than those that are liable to do so during a wedding night *cough* - and any dead bodies showing up...
Ähnliches Foto

The honeymoon was a different story entirely, though. When an old nemesis
Ariana
Aug 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
*4,5 stars*

Alexei is incorrigible.
Yeap.
I don’t know why, I don’t know how, but he manages to melt my heart every single time. Big time.

Is it his possessiveness? The 100% loyalty for the ones he loves? His one- way mind when it comes to sex? His passion and love for HIS guy? His little (horrendous) guilty pleasures like gold chains and big showy rings? (I have no idea why I find the last one ‘adorable’ on him, when I have a pet hate for that stuff?) His (brilliantly executed) accent? His sense of
~Volha~
Aug 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I had so much fun reading this story! All through the series, Alexei grew on me - his gruffness and unabashed attitude made me love him so much! All was calm before the storm. Even though the events leading up to their wedding and the wedding itself were smooth sailing, Sean and Alexei found themselves in the middle of the mission which wasn't even their own. Poor guys! If Alexei got interrupted one more time, I thought he might set someone on fire! LOL

The wedding vows were so romantic! *le
Joyfully Jay
Aug 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kris
A Joyfully Jay review.

I loved this book. I know no one is surprised to hear it, because the Metahuman Files series is one of my all time favorites. Turner has managed to build such a magnificent world and weave her characters into it with a skill we don’t get to see all the time. It was a truly satisfying novella.

Sean and Alexei have been through so much. They’ve had the worst happen to them, and they’ve managed to battle back and make their love even stronger. To see them finally get
haletostilinski
What a delightful little addition to this series, with Alexei and Sean getting married and going on their honeymoon, where they run into trouble basically right away, as it tends to happen in these books.

It was nice to see these two finally get married and be so happy, and it had some story as they tried to capture the CIA guy who betrayed them all, as he is still on the loose.

We get to check in with the others in the beginning of this, and we get to see Liam (who might possible have a
Denise H.
Year: 2286 Earth. A wonderful addition to the Sci-Fi Metahuman Files series. We get to see the Team members, who each have a different super power, as they are all attending the wedding of Alexei and Sean. Russian, Alexei, with his sexy accent, code name Inferno, and Sean, former CIA, code name Wraith, are happy and excited to seal the deal.

There is a surprise waiting when they get to their Mediterranean honeymoon island, but not a good one. We do get to see the high tech gadgets, action,
Denise
4.5 Stars

Alexei and Sean....

description

I could read a million books in this world and never get tired of it. This made my closure-needy heart very happy and it was a delight to get to spend more time with these two as they tied the knot. I'm dying for a Liam/Oliver book and, of course, Jamie and Kyle's wedding.
Nazanin
Aug 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
I liked it even though Alexei's English really started bothering me in this one, I feel like his accent is even more exaggerated than in the first Metahumans book. Anyway, I look forward to Liam's book! I hope it'll be more than a novella, I want a sweet slow burn with lots of sexual tension!
~nikki the recovering book addict
Another great addition!

Ahhh.. to be back in this universe, even though it’s brief and mostly just Alexei and Sean. But Alexei is my favourite character anyway, so

Short novella and one that would have been sweet and sexy because it’s their honeymoon. But it’s got action so hurray from me!
Parvathy
Aug 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 Stars

Fire in the Heart is yet another amazing novella that features Sean and Alexei and how their honeymoon turns into yet another nail biting suspense filled episode.

I have always loved Sean and Alexei and they have occupied a special place in my heart. It was beautiful to read about them, their wedding and how they fall more and more in love with each other. Moreover, it was amazing to see all the familiar faces from the Metahuman series too. I missed them all and it was wonderful to read
Cadiva
Sep 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love these bite-sized snippets into the lives of the now-retired Alpha Team and this one's a real doozy as Alexei and Sean get married and get dragged into an op while on honeymoon.

Also loving seeing more of Liam Wessex (can we please get his story soon Hailey ) and I'm totally onboard for it being with the stuffy MI6 agent!

This was a rollercoaster of steaming hot emotional sex - between my two fave characters in this excellent urban fantasy/sci-fi combo series - and action-packed mission
Natosha Wilson
Aug 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
I just love this series. I have been following it since the beginning and with each new book I just love the series more and more. This book is more of a novella then it is a book in my opinion but it was such a great read, as always.

This is Sean and Alexei book. Though most of the others from their tennis present at times, it is primarily based around these two men. Now that their wedding day is approaching m, these two men are preparing for the wedding and the festivities that happen
Danielle  Gypsy Soul
So much fun to go back to these characters and see Alexi and Sean get married. I have to admit Alexi is probably my favorite character in this series so I loved seeing his happy ending with Sean. Of course it wouldn't be these guys without some adventure/drama and facing off with bad guys on the honeymoon. I also really love Liam so seeing him in this book was lots of fun! Can't get enough of these characters.

Abdul
Aug 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So good to read this book.

I was so happy to read about Alexis and Sean. Now I want Jamie and Kyle wedding.

Also I want Liam and Oliver book.
Caz
Aug 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Sean and Alexei have been to hell and back, so if anyone deserves a wedding going off without a hitch, it's them! (And I admit they're my favourite of the two main couples in the series).

But a glitch-free honeymoon? Yeah, maybe that was a bit too much to ask!

I'm enjoying these post-In the Requiem novellas that continue the hunt for the Sons of Adam cells and illegal splice factories while also giving readers a peek at life-post MDF for our heroes. And this storyline clearly has legs, as not
Megan
Aug 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
It would appear that Sean and Alexei just can't catch a break. A wedding, a honeymoon, a whole lot of fire and explosions...what moment in their lives would be complete without those? There's so much love, passion, and respect that these men have for one another that most of us die-hard fans of theirs are wishing they could have a bit of uninterrupted peace, and yet, if we're really honest with ourselves, we're hoping even harder that they'll get to show off their own brand of badassery while ...more
Kimi
Aug 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fire in the Heart is a Metahuman Files: Classified Novella by Hailey Turner. I have read and greatly enjoyed reading all of the books in the Metahuman Files including the novellas, and I was really happy that there was another novella in this series. I grew to love all of the characters in this series, especially Sean and Alexei. In Fire in the Heart, Sean and Alexei finally get married and they get to go on their honeymoon, and of course things do not go as planned for their honeymoon. If you ...more
Ivy
I adored this novella about my favorite couple. Alexei and Sean are finally married and ready to flight for a romantic honeymoon in the south of France (thanks to Jaimie). But while they were enjoying their time, an enemy from their last mission with the MDF show up (read it if you want to know who). Their honeymoon will take a new turn between sexy time, poker party, gun shoot and actions.
Hailey Turner give us a sexy and funny novella with good action scenes. She stayed loyal to her MCs, their
Victoria Loves Books
I’m a big fan of Hailey Turner and am loving these Classified novellas. This was another awesome little addition to this series, with Alexei and Sean getting married and going on their honeymoon. Sounds simple, right? Ha! Trouble seems to follow them everywhere. These poor guys need a break along with some peace and quiet.

This was another edge-of-your-seat action thriller but it manages to make us feel the tender love that these two have for each other. Seriously, I loved how this book made me
gimmethosebooks
Aug 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love Alexei and Sean.

“You like?”
“I always like you.”

They are the best with each other, and I would legit read anything about them, including random grocery shopping.

They get married, and of course their honeymoon is interrupted (“Try to have honeymoon, keep getting interrupted.”) and bam action! The romance and action is super balanced, and I never lost sight of the fact that this was a wedding/honeymoon story. It’s wonderful.

All this and then one of my favorite side characters pops into
iam
Jul 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, unlimited
When I heard there's a new Classified Novella coming out, I was thrilled.
When it turned out to be about Sean and Alexei's wedding, I was over the (honey-)moon.

And Fire in the Heart was exactly as great as expected!

Content warnings include: violence, sex on-page, on-page gambling, hostage situation; mentions of terrorism, torture, PTSD, terrorism.

It had all the good things that make a Metahuman Files story: the wonderful large cast, a good dose of action, heart-melting love between the
Jaimed
Jul 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love the Metahuman books and this doesn't disappoint. The first team marriage with Sean and Alexei being their normal, wonderful, selves. These two always run into trouble even when they just want to be left alone and enjoy their honeymoon.

I had fun with this novella and I can't wait for everyone else to enjoy it as well. There is Alexei humor, explosions, sexy times, gunshots, and even a mention of pancakes. Everything a fan of The Metahuman Files series could ask for.

I received an ARC of
Diane Dannenfeldt
Jul 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am so very happy that we get Alexi & Sean's wedding. I love Alexi, he always makes me laugh. And it wouldn't be a honeymoon without gunfire, explosions & a lot of sexy time. And of course Liam pops up to cut into their honeymoon asking for help. I loved seeing everyone.

ARC provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.
Meg
Aug 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a quick and easy short story in the Metahuman universe. The characters are almost all from previous books, so there's not really much need for character development.

* SPOILERS AHEAD *

The story starts off with Sean and Alexei getting married, and then being sent to a dream resort for their honeymoon by Jamie. Everything is going smoothly until a stranger approaches them with a message from Liam. Unfortunately, even though their identities are widely known, and they are no longer active
Devoted♥Reader
Aug 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love these two so much! Sean and Alexei have been my favorite people in Hailey Turner’s Metahuman Files since I first encountered them.

Sean and Alexei are enjoying their much deserved honeymoon when trouble finds them. It always seems to follow these two, more so than the others. I blame Alexei. A slippery snake of an enemy tied to horrible memories for both Sean and Alexei ends up at their honeymoon destination and his appearance draws them into the mission. An old friend makes an
Joseph
Aug 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What was a long time in the making , finally happened. With Fire In The Heart we get to experience the nuptials for one of our beloved couples Alexei's and Sean. In this Metahuman Files novella that was sweet, and had the heat turned up to 11, cooling off was not in the cards until I read the final words. Anyone who has read any of these stories should be over the moon that we get to go back to this world and see some of our favorite characters interact and come together to celebrate these ...more
Misty M
Aug 13, 2019 rated it liked it
3-3.5 Stars
I love Turner’s books, and they are in my top 5 favorite authors ATM, but this one didn’t really work for me.

Full disclosure: I’m not a huge fan of Sean and Alexei anyway, so I probably wasn’t as excited as most for this novella. The wedding was cute, and Alexei is always good for some laughs. It’s well written, as always, and so easy to read you just fly through it.

Everything after the wedding just didn’t work for me. The action was more distant, not much was actually accomplished,
K.R. Phoenix
Heat Level: 4

A fantastic taster into Hailey's Metahuman world!!!

This was my first read of Hailey's Metahuman sci-fi series and I loved it! It can be read as a standalone/established couple read but obviously many other couples are mentioned and their team/found family is present and mentioned throughout this novella that would probably be better enjoyed or at least allow for a better understanding of the intricacies between all the characters and their team role better if I had read
Patricia Hoffstaetter
Aug 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: finished-reading
This is a highly intriguing MM romance novella & although I have not read any of the previous Metahuman books written by this author, I will admit that I really enjoyed reading this one. I found the story-line quite intriguing & the plot was well-written & entertaining. The characters are well-developed & have a variety of traits and different sides to their personalities & are quite realistic with their expectations.
There is: two retired metahumans agents (Sean & Alexei)
Maggie
Aug 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have been waiting with baited breath for this book! Alexei and Sean are getting married!

But given that they're former Alpha Team and that their luck always seems to be fubar, not even the honeymoon can keep them from finding trouble in this latest Metahumans Novella by Hailey Turner.

After surviving torture and a set of missions that would break lesser men, Alexei Dvorkin and Sean Delaney finally get to exchanged vows and make permanent the relationship they went through hell and back for in
« previous 1 3 next »

• King Slayer (Fog City, #2)
  • Mastering the Flames (The Beacon Hill Sorcerer, #4)
  • Ignite (Unbreakable Bonds, #7)
  • Kept in the Dark (Locke and Keyes Agency, #1)
  • Final Lover (Exit Strategy #3)
  • Ground Zero (Zero Hour #1)
  • Jon's Spooky Corpse Conundrum (Jon's Mysteries, #3)
  • How to Shield an Assassin (Unholy Trifecta #1)
  • A New Empire (Fog City, #3)
  • The Prince and His Bedeviled Bodyguard (Paranormal Princes #1)
  • Claiming Marcus (Lords of Discord, #1)
  • Prince of Killers (Fog City, #1)
  • The Twelfth Knight (Guardians of Camelot, #1)
  • Heart2Heart: A Charity Anthology, Volume 3
  • Jon's Crazy Head-Boppin' Mystery (Jon's Mysteries, #2)
  • Wolf Lost (The Wolves of Kismet #1)
  • Nothing Gained (The Chosen One #4)
Hailey Turner is big city girl who spoils her cats rotten and has a demanding day job that she loves, but not as much as she loves writing. She’s been writing since she was a young child and enjoys reading almost as much as creating a new story. Hailey loves stories with lots of action, gritty relationships, and an eventual HEA that satisfies the heart.

You can keep up with Hailey's future

Metahuman Files: Classified (3 books)
  • Out of the Ashes (Metahuman Files: Classified, #1)
  • New Horizons (Metahuman Files: Classified, #2)