Jump to ratings and reviews

Driven by Fire #2

Out of Bounds

When I wanted her, I couldn’t have her. Now I want to get rid of her and I can’t do that either.

Luca: Bobby was the love of my life and I thought she felt the same way. When she left me nearly ten years ago and burned all traces of herself, I learned how she really felt. I finally gave up looking, moved, made some new friends. Now she’s moved to my town and I want to spend time with her like I want to hang out on a ship with plague-infested rats. But I’ll be damned if I let her leave again without telling me why she left me in the first place.

I wish I could look at him and see that things are different. That he isn’t the same person anymore. I wish I could introduce myself to him and start from the beginning; pretend like we don’t have a shared history.

Bobby: Of all the place in the world, my first steady job in over a year has to be in the same town as Luca. I spent the last eight years lonely and living in the most remote places, spinning tales about my past to put distance between us only to land right in his lap again. He’s going to want the truth from me and I can’t give it to him. Honesty will only hurt him more than I already have.

Out of Bounds is the second full-length steamy contemporary romance novel in the Driven by Fire series. It contains sexual content and is intended for mature readers.

419 pages

First published October 1, 2019

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Eden Rayna

10 books39 followers
Eden Rayna was born in Calgary, Alberta. After several attempts to leave through travels and school in far off places, she realised there was no place better to call home than the sprawling city at the foot of the Rocky Mountains. A lover of her family, Chinook winds and romance novels, Eden is thrilled to be writing stories that represent her culture and way of life.

Built to Last, Book 2 in the Black Ladder series is available for pre-order! This steamy contemporary sports romance will release on Feb 11, 2022.

Stood Up: A quick and steamy romcom, is available FREE from https://www.edenrayna.com/stood-up-a-....

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
1 (5%)
1 star
0 (0%)
Displaying 1 - 12 of 12 reviews
Profile Image for Kathleen Bradbury (Bulfon).
16.3k reviews154 followers
October 11, 2019
AMAZING! A fantastic, well written read. An intense storyline that holds your attention as you get caught up in the fierce twists and hot chemistry. Plenty of excitement and emotionally heartfelt. A thrilling must read.

13 reviews
September 13, 2020
I have read the previous two books and liked them, maybe a bit slow but I enjoyed the development of the story between the main characters, and they were really hot! But this one is just frustrating! The most frustrating heroine I have ever read about. A silly, self-centered, selfish child!, there is no other way to call her! At the beginning I thought there was some really important reason for her leaving him, but then as it unfolded what it was, I was like what, that's it?!!??!?!? and she would still not talk to him about it, even after the pub altercation, and she would still lay it at his door. Now I am where they reconciled and what, one paragraph on what she was feeling, not even addressing the reasons and worries she had, no proper conversation to clear the air, again him making a concession. I had to put the book down, I can't even enjoy the sex scene (the only one in this book), I don't think I will even finish it. I have enough frustration in my own life, I read these books to escape the drama and dream a bit about things that really won't happen in my life; I don't need a book like this to make me feel even more frustrated. I am sorry for how much time I wasted on this one.
4,449 reviews13 followers
April 10, 2020
Loved the book, the story was well written and the characters were intriguing. Once I started I could not get enough, from the start till the end I was engrossed I was even on the edge of my seat with twists and turns, lust and passion, strength, happiness with a happily ever after. Do yourself a favor and buy the book you want be disappointed.
Thank you for allowing me to review your book.

Profile Image for Anathea Krrill.
Author 5 books3 followers
December 30, 2019
Another great book from Eden Rayna. A wonderful second chance romance, which captivated me right from the start.
Bobby and Luca are a seriously hot pair. Their history is overshadowed by a tragic event, which caused a rift in their relationship.
Bobby left Luca out of the blue and without explanation. Eight years later, they meet again, and there is a lot of unfinished business.
There is angry, angsty energy running through this book. Mixed with explosive sexual chemistry and emotional twists and u-turns, this story is guaranteed to keep you hooked from start to finish.
Loved it!
546 reviews
October 15, 2019
My...oh my! This book was fantastic! I could hardly put the book down! I was hooked from page one! Luca and Bobby were great characters. After not seeing each other for nearly ten years, Luca and Bobby come face to face. Bobby's job brought her to town and she thought it would be a great new start. A past Bobby has been trying to leave behind since the accident on that fateful day. A day that changed both of their lives forever. Luca just wants to know, why? Why Bobby left him? It was nothing he could do to stop the course of that day. When Bobby comes to town it's like fresh wounds being opened for both of them. Each of them have their own reasons for being angry. Will they be able to live in close proximity for the year that Bobby's job has her contracted? Can they get past the hurt and pain to the real issues of what caused their separation? I highly recommend this book!
8,192 reviews93 followers
October 5, 2019
This is the 2nd book I've read written by Eden Rayne; she has done a great job at writing a good book; I can’t wait to read more of her books.

I loved the chemistry between the characters.

Profile Image for Booknook Reviews .
424 reviews8 followers
September 22, 2019

My review-

What worked for me:
-the story was heartfelt, angst ridden and steamy
-there were some super funny moments
-I loved Jules and I want one of my own
-the slow burn hurt so good
-there was some serious romance featured
Profile Image for Erin Knuth.
306 reviews5 followers
October 2, 2019
A sexy slow burn and a budding second chance romance with deep roots. I downed this in one sitting like a delicious alpine lager. I’ve thoroughly enjoyed this series. Out of Bounds is the best yet. Well done, Ms. Rayna!
Profile Image for Tayra Sanders.
2,313 reviews25 followers
October 18, 2019
7,813 reviews56 followers
October 20, 2019
I loved everything about this book from the well developed and engaging characters that have lots of chemistry. The storyline flowed smoothly from beginning to the end.

Profile Image for Jackie Roberts.
927 reviews8 followers
November 23, 2019
This was a hot steamy erotic romance story perfect for a quick afternoon read.

This was a great heart pounding read. The story was very well written with great characters.
The story drew me in and I had it finished in one sitting.
I would highly recommend this read.
Displaying 1 - 12 of 12 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.