Start by marking “The Fire (The Hurricane, #4)” as Want to Read:
The Fire (The Hurricane, #4)

The Fire

(The Hurricane #4)

Evelyn Danaher lives a quiet, uneventful life. That is until she meets Tommy. The only man who makes her lose control of her temper and her knickers at the same time.

Tattooed Irish firefighter Tommy Riordon found the woman of his dreams, then crashed and burned when a misunderstanding left him on his knees, clutching his balls.

They are wrong for eac
Published November 5th 2019

To ask other readers questions about The Fire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Fire

Start your review of The Fire (The Hurricane, #4)
Barbara➰
Oct 28, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own-tbr, mf
I feel like I have waited ages for Tommy's book and here I am only reading MM at the moment. But, I am very, very tempted to read this one.
Izzie d
Nov 05, 2019 rated it liked it
Amy
Nov 08, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
How is this book getting all these great reviews?The story was so boring and I couldn’t stand the level of immaturity Tommy had. We’re constantly being reminded of what a man-whore he was before he started pursuing Evie.
Seriously did the author have to even include him sleeping with his mothers church friends. I hated the foul language that came out of his mouth when he spoke to Evie. It wasn’t even dirty it was just straight crude and inappropriate. Only thing I liked was the humorous ban
Ann (Literary Lust)
Nov 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I just know that I won’t be able to write a review that will do this book justice. R.J. Prescott has written another incredible story in this incredible book series and my emotions are all over the place right now.

Reading The Fire over the past couple of days has felt like I’ve been back home spending time with family. To say that all the Driscoll boys and their girls have a place in my heart is an understatement. I’ve spent the past few years getting to know them; Watching the family grow; Wit
Patricia Wonderland
Nov 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
RJ Prescott is one of my fav author. Her writing and her stories are like her. Sweet, funny, generous, wise, human... It's like a big hug that warm your heart and makes you addicted.
She creates the perfect husbands (they're all mine and i don't share!!!), the perfect friends, the perfect heroines (sensitive and strong)... They all make the perfect family.
THE FIRE is the fourth book in The Hurricane series. We already love so much every character and it's such a joy to spend time with
Rachael*Caribbean*girl*bibliophile
Spoilers ahead (this review is rated R for language please proceed with caution)

Well this is how you fuck up a series, I'm hurt,angry and disappointed so don't try me today with any dumb messages about my review!

So the backstory
In the previous books we knew something had happened between Evie and Tommie, here we found out. Tommie approached Evie one night and they had a sweet little connection until a woman Tommie had hooked up with a few hours before approach
Elenasbookblog
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
You can also read my review here: http://elenasbookblog.com/new-review-...

After the years of waiting for Tommy’s story, The Fire is finally here and it’s fantastic! This story is sweet, funny and emotional! I laughed so hard with Tommy’s sunny attitude and then I cried buckets of tears with some heartbreaking scenes. R.J. Prescott has succeeded in making us invest in this family of fighters and I loved being back with them.

Tommy has always been a womanizer but then he meets Evelyn, the shy girl and he sees only he
Anne Victoria ·curlingtoesbooktalk·
I'd say, if there's one book you should read this year, you should make it a priority to make it this one.

The Fire by R.J. Prescott has left me feeling all the feels. This book was well-written, with characters as beautiful as the story.

There's just too many things I loved in this book and I don't think there's one I didn't liked or enjoyed.

First thing first; I loved the main characters here. Their relationship as it progresses had my heart melting in a puddle.

I loved how the author unraveled/>The
Uzma
Nov 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
'Fire' is my first book by Ms Prescott and it was a pleasant surprise to say the least. I didn't know what to expect when going in to the book, but once I started, it started to check most of the boxes that I have all set up in my subconscious. Yes I love me some naive heroine who isn't a doormat, and I love me some hero who finds feisty-ness sexy. Double check right off the bat.
As far as characters are concerned, we have a heroine who is a genuinely good person, one who doesn't compromise
Between the sheets book reviews
I know I won’t ever be able to put into words just how much I loved this story . There isn’t enough words in the dictionary to describe adequately, but I’m going to give it a shot anyway .

R.J Prescott .... this Author speaks my language, her stories, words and characters reach a part of me like no other . I Adore her and think her brilliance is untouchable, her talent is endless and I’m a forever fan.

Ever since I read ‘The Hurricane’ I have been hooked with the whole Driscoll boys and their gi
Cecilie Elise
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Tommy is my favorite of Driscoll's boys. So I was happy I started this series so late, so I didn't have to wait that long for Tommy's story.

Tommy's story starts with him being in the hospital where his leg is pretty useless and he has to learn to walk again. For him its Evelyn or Evie who gets him through it. With the promise he gives himself, when he learn to go and is a Firefighter again, he will come after her. It happens faster than Tommy thinks when he saves Evelyn from a fire.

description

I loved Thomas "Tommy" and Evelyn "Evie". For me they were perfect for each other. I loved their banter. We also saw the rest of Driscoll's gang. Their family bond is so amazing and is one of the main reasons I love these books so much.

description

I gave the book 5 stars. There were maybe some scenes I wish I could have seen, but it was fantastic. In The Storm, it was Kieran and Liam's stories. In this one it was Tommy and Danny's.

Danny's story destroyed me, I AM NOT OKAY. I don't know what to do with myself now that The Hurricane series is over. Cross your fingers for a 2 generation series with all the kids.
Jan
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
"The fire that doesn't kill you, makes you stronger."

I'm a mixture of happy and sad right now. Happy that I finally got to read Tommy's story, happy that I got a glimpse of my favorite characters again, sad that it's ended and sad for parts of this journey I have just been on.

I absolutely loved Tommy, he's the joker of the group, the Irish man with swagger who has all the girls falling over him with his cheeky smile and one-liners Tommy doesn't have to work too hard to get the girl, well, until he meets the
She's a Lip Biter
Omg! I never realised just how much I had missed the lives of the men And women of Driscoll's Gym. The banter, laughs and just down right brotherhood. Make you feel like you are home. I have waited a long time for Tommy Riordon's book and I wasn't disappointed. As in true RJ Prescott style when her men fall they fall hard and fast.

Now this book as with the others has an edge to it. There is a story running behind the romance. It always makes my heart race with fear that something bad is gonna h
Donna
Nov 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Cassie May
Nov 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Reviewed on behalf of 3 Degrees of Fiction Blog
The Fire is the fourth book in the Hurricane Series and while it can be read as standalone, I highly recommend reading at least one of the other books to get a grip on the characters since they appear in this book without a lot of additional information and it might be hard to connect with them without the previous books.
However, this book is my absolute favorite of the whole series. It had everything. A strong heroine who discovers herself a
Clare
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have waited for such a long time for Tommy to have his story told and OMG it was so worth waiting for!
This story was so bittersweet, but for me, it was absolutely everything I have come to expect from the talented writing of RJ Prescott. Tommy and Evelyn right from the very start have everything stacked up against them, with them both being the complete polar opposites of each other, they don't get off to the best of starts but somehow once the pieces start to come together everything fo
Sarah-Jane Dodd
Nov 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Susan Trewick
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow, just wow! I’ve been patiently waiting for Tommy’s story for a long time and I have to say the wait was so worth it!

I absolutely devoured this book from beginning to end, i was gutted when I finished the last page, reading this book was like coming home to family and being engulfed in a huge hug. While reading this book, I laughed, ugly cried, swooned and cringed at some of the things that came out of Tommy’s mouth! Finding his soul mate didn’t change Tommy one bit, he was still the loveabl
Mary
terrible book. Hated it. The author mentions his man-whore ways over and over. Seriously. In the first 30% it has been mentioned at least 15 times. The real icing on the cake was him talking about sleeping with his mom's friends. Why should I like him? No redeemable qualities.

No character development. I know nothing about him, except that he sleeps with everything and that fact is always being thrown in the girl's face. Like in the FIRST DATE when ow ask for a three some (or foursome
Katie
Nov 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Better Than I Could Imagine

I'm having a hard time coming up with the words to describe how much i loved this book. Tommy can carry a book on his awesomeness alone, but there was so much more to this story. If you're reading through reviews trying to decide if you should get The Fire, by R.J. Prescott, believe me, you will not be disappointed. I've patiently waited for this book, and even I was surprised at how much I loved it. It made me laugh and cry. It was everything i hope for when i start
Mags
The Fire brings an end to The Hurricane Series, and what a way to end it. With Tommy's story. The guy who is the heart and soul of this group and let's be honest a foul-mouthed man whore too. But he more than meets his match with Evelyn, the devout Catholic girl who firmly believes in no sex before marriage. Yet, Evie is far from naive or innocent, and she's certainly full of fire. Which for a firefighter like Tommy is perfect.

And this certainly was a fabulous story. As it had everyt
carrie thackston
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a Sweet and beautiful story. Tommy is the clown and the anchor of his group, he is also a very dedicated friend and firefighter. Ev is a very good, Catholic girl who works as a librarian, but is being taken advantage of by her mother. These two had a great first meeting that quickly turned sour. There are several incidents that result in bodily harm for both the hero and heroine that puts many things in perspective and sheds light on their real character. I loved Tommy so much. He was s ...more
Rebecca Woolley
Nov 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the first time I have read a book by this author and I was absolutely blown away with this story. There are sections where the humour of this group of boxers will have you laughing out loud and their antics but each and everyone would do anything for each other and their extended families.
Tommy is a fire fighter and boxer he has recently been injured and this makes him review his outlook and perspectives in life, he sets his sights on the girl he really offended and she dislikes hi
Ann  Goubert (Driven by Books)
Nov 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
*4,5 stars*
If you have read The Hurricane and the follow-ups, trust me you have been waiting just like me for Tommy's story and it's finally here. It was so worth the wait! But also grab some tissues 'cuz at some scenes you'll need it :-)

After being in an terrible work accident and coming back from a hard rehab, Tommy doesn't want to take anything for granted and goes after the one that got away. When darkness was hitting him hard, Evelyn stood by his side although she thought he never kn
Lauren Irwin Wale
The Fire was my first read in the Hurricane series, so it felt a bit like I was playing catch-up in the first couple of chapters. After that, however, I was sucked in and couldn't put the book down. In fact, I finished it in one sitting - which is a great sign, I think!

This book has everything: romance, suspense, crime, etc. There was a lot packed into each page, but once I got to the end, I wanted more! I enjoyed Tommy and Evelyn's path to each other and how each navigated new feelings and set
DrivenbyBooks
Nov 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
*4,5 stars*
If you have read The Hurricane and the follow-ups, trust me you have been waiting just like me for Tommy's story and it's finally here. It was so worth the wait! But also grab some tissues 'cuz at some scenes you'll need it.

After being in a terrible work accident and coming back from a hard rehab, Tommy doesn't want to take anything for granted and goes after the one that got away. When darkness was hitting him hard, Evelyn stood by his side although she thought he n
Trish Kitty Taylor  ***UNBOUND BOOK REVIEWS***
Amazing. Smouldering. Breathtaking. Heartwarming. Heartbreaking. Hilarious.

I could seriously shout so loud about this long awaited, long anticipated book & all its goodness forever & a day. I’ve always loved Tommy & gosh, be still my beating heart, for he truly got the most phenomenal story to call his own.

RJP has truly has written the most beautiful story of pure, gods honest love. Of two complete opposites, who fall in love, no matter the obstacles life throws at them.
Lorayne Kelly
Nov 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Well this is another excellent book from RJ Prescott. If you’re familiar with the hurricane books then you will love this but even as a stand alone, it’s a great book. Tommy is the glue that holds the rest of the boys together and I really warmed to him as a character and fell in love with him in this book.

I loved the story between Tommy and Evelyn but it was an emotional rollercoaster, I was laughing, crying, sitting on the edge of my seat, this book has it all.

It was great to catch up with a
Katlyn’s Life of Books
Nov 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh, how I’ve missed the Driscoll gym family! I feel like I waited ages to get my hands on Tommy’s book, but it was definitely worth the wait because this book was fantastic. I am a huge fan of Tommy and Evelyn together! They complemented each other so well. With Tommy being so fun-loving and outgoing and Evelyn being a quiet bookworm, I thought they balanced each other out quite well. Saying that, this book was definitely not all smooth sailing. In typical R.J. Prescott fashion, there is always ...more
Nomims
Nov 08, 2019 rated it liked it

I didn't know there was another book in this series so when i saw it i checked and saw that i dnfed the last book ... Yet i decided to try this one anyway.

It was veeeery sugary sweet for half the book and very "proper" and i wasn't very into it honestly. I liked Tommy and reading about the other characters but it felt like nothing was happening and their day to day courting was cheesy lol.

But the second part of the book was more interesting and full of things h

• Gypsy King (Tin Gypsy, #1)
  • Landon & Shay: Part One (L&S Duet, #1)
  • Hold on to Hope
  • Unexpected Fall (Unexpected Arrivals #3)
  • Finding Storm (The Storm, #4)
  • Leave Me Breathless
  • Unexpected Fight (Unexpected Arrivals #2)
  • War of Hearts
  • Then and Now (The Edge of Retaliation #3)
  • Fighting Absolution
  • Single in Sitka (Odds-Are-Good, #1)
  • The Kingmaker (All the King's Men Duet, #1)
  • Perfect Strangers
  • Infatuation (Underground Kings #4)
  • Beard Necessities (Winston Brothers, #7)
  • No Broken Beast
  • In Peace Lies Havoc (Midnight Mayhem #1)
  • A Torn Paige (Hidden Kingdom Trilogy #1)

The Hurricane (4 books)
  • The Hurricane (The Hurricane, #1)
  • The Aftermath (The Hurricane, #2)
  • The Storm (The Hurricane, #3)