Start by marking “Wedded Blintz (Lexy Baker Mystery)” as Want to Read:
Wedded Blintz (Lexy Baker Mystery)

Wedded Blintz

(Lexy Baker #7)

Lexy Baker is finally tying the knot with hunky homicide detective Jack Perillo. She’s planned the perfect wedding right down to her custom designed gown. Nothing can go wrong. ... Until Lexy stumbles across a double murder and one of the victims is a Bridezilla that Lexy had a major fight with just hours before. This time Jack can’t help her because he’s been taken off ...more
Published October 6th 2013 by Leighann Dobbs Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Wedded Blintz, please sign up.

Start your review of Wedded Blintz (Lexy Baker Mystery)
Melissa
Jan 08, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Cozy Mystery Readers
I've read the previous books in the Lexy Baker series prior to reading "Wedded Blintz." Each book in the series has been light, cute, and a super quick read. I would call the series "mind candy" - no blood or gore, no heavy thinking, no crazy twists, just silly and fun sleuthing. The story is far fetched, predictable, and a little corny, but that's what makes it fun. I love Lexi and Jack. I was thrilled they finally tied the knot, but I was a bit disappointed Jack didn't have a bigger role in ...more
Betty Hood
Oct 26, 2016 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Jack and John

Really enjoy all the characters in your series ! So glad the marriage finally took place ! Can't wait to see how the honeymoon goes...
Ruth
Dec 19, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ms. Dobbs put together a nice little mystery. Although you knew who some of the suspects were it was not revea.ed until the end what had happened and who did what.

As Lexy is getting ready for her wedding she has a knock down drag out with another bride who is angry that Lexy has a dress very similar to hers. Since both of them had requested one of a kind dresses this should not have happened. Of course, the fight that they had in the bridal store over this is not too great either. The next
Helen
Nov 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
E-Reader. Cozy Mystery

Lexy Baker owns Cup To Cake Bakery. She's due marry Detective Jack Perillo in a couple of weeks. Her grandmother, known as Nans has been an important part of life. She now lives in a retirement village & lives in her Nans house.
She goes to Chez Pillipe for final fitting of her wedding gown. It's a little tight but beautiful, custom designed for her. All of a sudden Veronica Maynard who's not a friend from High School, comes charging across the room & tells Lezy to
Linda
Jun 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
How could I not like the seventh book in the Lexy Baker cozy mystery series when the title is, Wedded Blintz?! This may be my favorite book in the series so far! Lexy is gearing up for a visit from her parents as she is about to marry Detective Jack Perillo. The Bakers haven't met Jack yet since they have been traveling the country in an RV for over a year. Lexy is at Chez Philippe, the shop of world renowned gown designer Philippe Montague, when her high school nemesis, Veronica Maynard shows ...more
Georgie Mac
Fun read.

Light hearted story despite the murder mystery focus with a generational team of quasi detective want to bes. They're snooping helps the local police detectives stay ahead of the bad guys so alls forgiven. This story has the wedding to sweeten the plot, as well as the elements of humor know to those who have read any of the series. All the loose ends are tied up by story's end, the villains are jailed, and the newest member of the police detective team is now a welcomed addition.
Its a
Carlin
Mar 23, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: on-kindle
I enjoyed this book, one of the Lexy Baker mysteries. She and Jack are finally getting married and wedding planning is driving Lexy crazy. The fun begins when Lexy and Veronica, an old rival from high school, discover their wedding dresses are very similar and have a fight about it in the wedding boutique resulting in needed repairs
When Lexi shows up to have her dress repaired, she discovers Veronica and the owner dead and becomes the chief suspect. I really enjoyed her efforts to clear her
Sally Hannoush
Dec 01, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is book seven in the series. I can't say I've read anything in order so I'm not sure how it would impact the series as a whole but I had no isssues reading this book as a stand alone. There is a huge case of bridezilla and a double murder. Which one is crazier or is it one thing tied together? Can she solve the case in time to still get married? Then there is another murder and some double-crossing action. It kept you reading in different directions. The ladies are at it again by putting ...more
Mairi Krausse
Nov 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very exciting and mysterious story!

Lexy and her grandmother run an amateur detective club. Lexy runs a bakery and the other older ladies all live in the same Retirement Center. Lexy is getting married at the end of the week and has many unfinished things to do for the wedding. Then there’s a problem with her wedding dress. During an after-hours visit to get it fixed, she finds 2 murdered bodies! The exciting events start happening then, and Lexy and her fiancé are both involved.
Gen
Nov 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another murder solved by the Gangs of Ladies Detective and Lexy the "Doubtful Detective". I like that the author present those octagerian as smart, perky, who can contort in the back of a VW. People in retirement homes are usually described as mentally and physically deficient who don't even know how to use the basic search online. Not these iPad totting crime solving grandmas. Just giving a shout to all the Grandmas out in the universe.
Alice Hazelbaker
Another Sweet Cozy Mystery

I have read all of Dobbs Lexy Baker mysteries and have thoroughly enjoyed every single one. I love her crazy grandmother Nans and her detecting cohorts at the retirement center. They are such a hoot! I look forward to each one and recently read the Blackmoor sisters mystery with their varied mystical talents. It's another series I'll be following. Dobbs writing is fresh, her characters are so likable and the mysteries are right up my alley!
Lyn Jenkins
May 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As if weddings aren't stressful enough.

While what happens is fairly clear, who is a bit harder for a while, but follow the clues and a killer shall be found. Between brisdezilla, identical gowns , the bide to be being a suspect and a victim and a new cop on the beat, it's almost like the wedding isn't meant to be.
Sandie Parrish
Sep 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wedded Blintz

This is a triple murder mystery with a love story and a group of elderly ladies thrown in for good measure. It has the small town history with almost everyone knowing everyone else. So be set for a fun book to read, oh don't read it on an empty stomach or you will have to stop for something to eat as so many goodies are in the story.
Mary Barrett
Sep 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Five stars

Another home run, Leighann! This book brings us to days before Lexi and Jack's wedding, when again, Lexi Baker stumbles across a body ... Make that two bodies! Leighann Dobbs writes with humour and boy, can she spin a good tale! This is a good cozy mystery series and I have read them as they have been released.
Kathryn Moore
kinda a weak story, but ok if you read in "fast forward" through all the other nonsense.
book 7. Ii've read all the previous books and I will, at some time, finish the series.
This one is set the week before the wedding and goes in for a fitting for her dress, only to find someone else there as a very similar dress. They fight. the next day, she is found murdered along with the tailor.
Mary
Aug 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lexy is finally marrying her Jack. Things take a scary turn when Lexy finds two bodies when she goes to get her wedding dress repaired. With her Nans and her senior pals they set out to find who is guilty before it spoils her big day.
Very entertaining cozy mystery with great characters.
Anita
May 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Interesting plot

It's a story of mystery and happenstance. It brought one characters past smack into their future. Since this was the seventh book, does the first introduce us to the detective and the baker?
Kim
Sep 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
HILARIOUS read!!!

This book was hilarious and yet a mystery all in one! I LOVE these kinds of books because they are set in such unusual places, and yet are a fast paced read that holds your attention all the way to the climax at the end!!
Dorn Carran
Well written, but very predictable

Although this was a nice book, it was let down by the fact that the killer's and motive were obvious less than a third in. The author dropped the hint too readily and too openly and as such the cement of mystery and surprise was gone.
Leigh Roberts
Oct 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Get hooked!

This is a great mystery, well written and entertaining. Lexy and her grandmother ‘s detective club solve a triple murder. Kept me guessing all the way to the end. I would highly recommend this book to anyone that loves cozy mysteries.
Lisa Tollard
Jan 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fun

This was such a fun and entertaining read. Love the characters Ms. Dobbs created for this series. I am looking forward to reading more of Lexy Baker and her Grandmother's sleuthing
Judy Roberts
Mar 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another series I have to read through

This book caught my attention and I was unable to stop reading! Now I have to read all the preceding books in the series as well as the ones following. Lexy and family and friends are a wonderful addition to my list of must reads!
KIM
Nov 07, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I expect a cozy to be a fun quick read. Found this one boring but I haven't read the whole series which might have helped. I didn't like any of the characters and the story was a bland rehash of dozens of others.
Shakir Nelson
May 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I like the book's

I don't like the reputation of man's and Jack being neighbors first and the reason y they met man's choosing to be in the retirement home and Lexus shop that she finally got because of the money from her parents
Michael W Dawson
Awesome

Luved it funny imagiative quirky very entertaining. Hard to put down couldn't wait for what happened next. Robin M Dawson
Heather
While I loved the story, I was sad that my version seemed to have missing pages. I could piece most things together but it was frustrating at times.
Sandra Osborn
Just okay. A little dull
Kim Feuchter
This book was okay. Nothing too compelling, and if I were more emotionally invested in the characters, certain aspects of the story would have really bothered me.
Lynda Bowles
Nov 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic story

Wonderful story. Second time reading it. Love the characters. Keep up the good work Leighann you have a fan for life.
Anne Turnley
Dec 10, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Amusing mystery

Lexi and her gran investigate a double murder, which Lexi is suspected of commiting. All this occurs the week before her wedding.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Madison Mega-Mara...: #17 - Wedded Blintz 1 1 Jan 21, 2014 08:28AM

• Pasta Pinot & Murder (Willa Friday Food & Wine Mystery #1)
  • A Dead End (Saints & Strangers, #1)
  • Play Dead (Allie Babcock Mystery, #1)
  • Dieting Can Be Murder: Every Wife Has a Story (A Baby Boomer Mystery Book 7)
  • Lattes and Lies (Comics and Coffee Case Files Book 2)
  • Deader Homes and Gardens (Southern Ghost Hunter Mysteries, #4)
  • Elusive (On The Run, #1)
  • Brownies & Betrayal (A Sweet Bites Mystery, #1)
  • Picture Miss Seeton (Miss Seeton, #1)
  • Cupcakes, Pies, and Hot Guys (Annie Graceland Mystery #3)
  • Rebecca Schwartz Mysteries 4-5 (Rebecca Schwartz Mystery Series)
  • Seaside Secrets
  • Marvels, Mochas, and Murder (Comics and Coffee Case Files Book 1)
  • Dying for Dinner Rolls (Chubby Chicks Club, #1)
  • The Case of the Fallen Hero (Inspector David Graham #3)
  • High Strung (Glass Bead Mystery, #1)
  • Better Off Wed (Annabelle Archer, #1)
  • Girl in the Shadows (Diamond Files Mystery #1)
  • Hawaiian Hangover (Agnes Barton Senior Sleuths Mystery #12)
  • Sweet Love and Devotion (A Sweet Cove Mystery, #14)
  • The Frosty Taste of Scandal (Angel Lake Mystery #6)
  • A Secret to Die For (Books to Die For Book 6)
  • Brownie Points for Murder (Jill Andrews Cozy Mystery #1)
  • The Deadly Art of Deception (Caribou King Mysteries #1)
  • Murder in the Latin Quarter (Maggie Newberry Mysteries #7)
  • Macaron Massacre (Murder in the Mix #10)
  • Bundle of Trouble (A Maternal Instincts Mystery, #1)
  • Death of a Dapper Snowman (Stormy Day Mystery #1)
  • Paper, Scissors, Death (Kiki Lowenstein Scrap-n-Craft Mystery, #1)
  • Body in the Woods (Reverend Annabelle Dixon Mystery #2)
USA Today bestselling author, Leighann Dobbs, discovered her passion for writing after a twenty year career as a software engineer. She lives in New Hampshire with her husband Bruce, their trusty Chihuahua mix Mojo and beautiful rescue cat, Kitty.

Her book "Dead Wrong" won the "Best Mystery Romance" award at the 2014 Indie Romance Convention.

Her book "Ghostly Paws" was the 2015 Chanticleer Mystery

Lexy Baker (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • Killer Cupcakes (Lexy Baker #1)
  • Dying for Danish (Lexy Baker #2)
  • Murder, Money & Marzipan (Lexy Baker #3)
  • 3 Bodies and a Biscotti (Lexy Baker #4)
  • Brownies, Bodies & Bad Guys (Lexy Baker #5)
  • Bake, Battle & Roll (Lexy Baker #6)
  • Scones, Skulls & Scams (Lexy Baker #8)
  • Ice Cream Murder (Lexy Baker #9)
  • Mummified Meringues (Lexy Baker #10)
  • Brutal Brûlée (Lexy Baker #11)