Start by marking “The Rancher's Bride (Brides of Golden Valley Book 2)” as Want to Read:
The Rancher's Bride (Brides of Golden Valley Book 2)

The Rancher's Bride (Brides of Golden Valley Book 2)

Madeline loves her job working at the newspaper, even if it's under a pen name. What she doesn't love is the knowing glances from her neighbors, thanks to the awful man who turned her away. When she is given the assignment to write about mail order brides, she decides to take it one step farther and become one herself.

Nathaniel loves his homestead in the wilds of Idaho,
Published August 6th 2019 by Dragons & Fairy Tales Press

To ask other readers questions about The Rancher's Bride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Rancher's Bride

Start your review of The Rancher's Bride (Brides of Golden Valley Book 2)
Texas
Aug 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Rancher’s Bride #2 – This is a sweet story starting in New York and settling in Idaho about an independent woman becoming a mail order bride as research for her newspaper article. The romance is sweet, the characters are good, kind and caring, and the storylines are interesting. While not of the substance or depth as Ms. Hardy’s usual writing style, this is better than many of the mail order brides “books” available today. Cottonwood Ranch Series is still my favorite. 4*

Cottonwood Ranch
Dorothy Roller
Aug 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Awesome story by a new to me author.

This is a wonderful story about a woman who writes for a paper in New York but under a man's name since women would not be allowed to do so. She is also not well tolerated in town since her fiance called off their wedding. People thought it was all her fault plus her parents disowned her even when she told them he was the one to call off the wedding because he loved another.
After she had enough of the stares and gossip, she decided to become a mail order bride
Lori R
Aug 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Jaclyn Hardy is so good at weaving a story that I fell in love with and could not put down. The characters are so real that I felt like I was right there and they were my friends.

I also liked that characters from her book in the Book Club series were woven into this story about Madeline and Nathaniel. Madeline is a bold, outspoken woman in this book. She writes for a newspaper in New York City under a man's pen-name. She decides one day just for research she would become a mail order bride.

The
Lisa
Aug 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a little different than the average mail order bride books. Madeline is an unusual woman for her time. She writes newspaper articles under a male pen name. Nathaniel is a farmer in Idaho. Both characters are likable. The plot had some twists and turns and moves along at a good pace. There were a few little things that didn't make sense to me, but I did enjoy reading this story. There's an HEA and a tender epilogue. I like Jaclyn Hardy's writing style and find it easy to read. If you ...more
Melissa Hayford
Aug 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
I feel like a lot of mail order bride stories are about how different life is and quite an adjustment period. We didn't have that with this one. I kept expecting it, but it didn't come and I kind of enjoyed how easily they melded their lives together. Madeline was a lot more adept at living out west than I expected and it was great. Her and Nathaniel work well together and both were invested in making it work. This was a fun story. Every once in a while things didn't feel accurate to the time ...more
Bernadette Cinkoske
Aug 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Rancher's Bride was a very interesting book that I really enjoyed. Madeline was a very interesting character. She wrote for a newspaper - using a male pen name. When asked to write about mail order brides, she became one! Fortunately Nathaniel turned out to be a good man. There are many challenges as winter approaches, fires are set, and Nathaniel learns he was a research project. If you want to know more you will have to read this entertaining book for yourself.
Susan Hamann
Aug 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the second book I've read in this series. The characters are sweet, but with an interesting desire to persevere and succeed in building new lives in Idaho. The writing is well done. The story lines are clean and anyone can read these books. I enjoy spending a few hours with these characters.
D'anah
Aug 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good

I really enjoyed this story. Love her gumption and determination to be herself, and not let others limit her. Nathaniel is a great partner for her too. It's a lovely story. Enjoyed every minute of it.
Jason Kincheloe
Aug 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Amazing

It always amazes me when I read about a woman who steps out on faith to become a mail Order bride. This story is a great read
Donna Campbell
Aug 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this story. It was a different take on a mail order bride. I loved the chemistry and how supportive these two were of each other. This is a really sweet, clean romance.
Anita Rohn
Aug 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Mail order

Wanting independence and adventure leads to a journey and a new beginning in a small town. People are more welcoming and happiness is easy to find.
Glaidene Ramsey
Sep 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Mail Order Bride Romance

Jaclyn Hardy is a new author for me. I enjoyed this book and will look forward to reading more of her stories.
Juanita Colo
Aug 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Very good book, this was a Good Mail Order Bride story.
Tammy Rolle
Freedom Anderson
Aug 20, 2019
LadyKaty
Oct 06, 2019

• Ingrid (Walker Creek Brides, #2)
  • The Destined Duchess (The Book Club 16)
  • The Blacksmith's Bride: A Brides of Golden Valley Story (The Book Club 14)
  • The Clerk's Bride: A Golden Valley Story (The Brides of Birch Creek #1)
  • The Widower's Bride: A Golden Valley Story (The Brides of Birch Creek #2)
  • Kari: Sweet Western Historical Romance (Walker Creek Brides Book 1)
  • The Pretend Princess: A Lindzee's Royal Secrets Romance (Book Club #15)
  • The Compelling Cowboy (Firestone Falls Book 2)
  • The Lucky Lady (The Book Club 13)
  • Barclay (Bachelors and Babies, #4)
  • Calico Cupid (Quinn Valley Ranch Book 22)
  • Dallas (Bachelors and Babies Book 5)
  • The Practical Pretender (The Book Club 12)
  • The Reluctant Royal: A Royal Romance (Book Club 6)
  • Two-Step with Tess (The Matchmaker's Ball Book 1)
  • Moonstruck Marine (Quinn Valley Ranch Book 23)
  • Honoring Her Heart (Cowboys and Angels Book 46)
  • An Agent for Esme (The Pinkerton Matchmaker #40)
Jaclyn is an Idaho farm girl who grew up loving to read. She developed a love for writing as a senior in high school, when her dad jokingly said she was the next Dr. Seuss (not even close, but very sweet). She met her husband, Steve, at BYU, and they have six happy, crazy children who encourage her to keep writing. After owning a bookstore and running away to have adventures in Australia, they ...more