Start by marking “The Baron's Rose (Unlikely Match, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Baron's Rose (Unlikely Match, #2)

The Baron's Rose

(Unlikely Match #2)

Hell, hath no fury like a woman scorned. Good thing he likes a challenge.

Rose Allen was supposed to be duchess when next she came to London. Instead, she was thrown over in favor of her sister. Now, no respectable gentleman, let alone a man of title, will have anything to do with her—except a fortune hunter desperate for her large dowry.

Not only had Lord Oliver Brandon
Published August 15th 2019

To ask other readers questions about The Baron's Rose, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Baron's Rose

Start your review of The Baron's Rose (Unlikely Match, #2)
Lori
Oct 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
3 1/2 Stars! Enjoyable book overall, but it took me a bit to warm up to Rose’s character. She ended up winning me by the end. I thought Oliver was really sweet.
Joy
Aug 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When life hands you lemons, don’t become sour yourself!

Feeling resentful of her sister’s happiness prevents Rose from appreciating the joys life does move her way—a man willing to marry her and who does his best to show love and consideration for her despite her negative reactions. What a pleasant change when Rose is finally able to put aside her selfish feelings and appreciate the gift of love her husband holds out to her! Although it was tempting to put aside this book, initially, as Rose was
Kai
Aug 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019-read
Rose Allen was pretty horrible in the first book An American In Duke’s Clothing when her sister and the Duke fell in love. I liked the struggle in this book of watching her try to grow to be a better person. She was the one having a hard time forgiving herself, and because of that she doubted everyone.

There were some really sweet little moments between Rose and Oliver, and the meaning of the flowers Oliver gave her was interesting.

I suggest reading An American In Duke’s Clothing first. Not only
Lorraine
Aug 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Floral goodness.

This is a very enjoyable follow up to An American in Duke's Clothing where we met sisters Rose and Violet. Rose was betrothed to the Duke before he arrived, but Violet met and fell in love him before she knew who he was. He fell for her as well and broke his betrothal with Rose to marry Violet. You kind of need to know what happened in the first book to understand what was happening in this one, although Mindy Burbridge Strunk did a good job of sharing the details of the previous
Robyn Echols
Sep 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Tempestuous Romance

A marriage for all the wrong reasons, so can they make it right? I enjoyed how the author portrayed these characters. The hero is pulled into a marriage out of financial need, but wants to make it work. The heroine, whom I gathered was a stinker in a previous book, still suffers from being jilted by another. There is a lot of overcoming unrealized expectations on both their parts. There was also a need for forgiveness. The author handled this well. I enjoyed the secondary
Bridget Lewis
Sep 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Rose with thorns

Rose was an unhappy bitter harpy! Oliver is a nice guy in need of a fortune! Rose was upset with her sister usurping her position as Duchess and not Taking into account it was a genuine love match! She endangered her sisters life and acted ill used! Rose had to examine her life and find out where she went so wrong! I am not sure she deserves her HEA! Read to find out how she gets it!
MaryEllen
Aug 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
(view spoiler)

I love that despite her often surly behavior, her kindness and compassion can still, occasionally, be seen... and that her husband witnesses those moments.

I love that he falls in love with her while she seems unlovable to most.
I hate that she feels she doesn't deserve his love and so easily believes it's an act.
Desiree
Sep 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was nice redemption story. Usually it's the H that needs redemption and we have to peel back the layers to see the good. I think the author did well to show the sides of the h & her character and motivations. The road to romance for the couple and growth of each was done well and believable. It held my interest from page 1 to the final page. The story had a nice flow, good dialogue, characters and satisfying end. I'm glad the sister got her own story.
Margie
Aug 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When I pick up a book by Mindy Burbidge Strunk I expect well developed characters and romance with a bit of challenge. My expectations were met in this book. Rose has totally lost all sense of behavior for a young lady, much less a sister. Oliver has a good heart, but is clueless when it comes to Rose. I think I need to learn more about the language of flowers. I enjoyed this story.
Jeanie's Kindle
Sep 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
A Rose By Any Other Name

Daisies just might tell if you only understand the language! I'm this novel Lord Oliver uses flowers to convey his feelings. His mother and sister understand the symbolism of each flower and color. Unfortunately his new bride does not. Unlocking her heart and breaking down years of hurt will take patience. What flower and color is patience?
Lara
Aug 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! Wonderful, deep characters, a sweet and lovely clean love story, a wonderful ending, forgiveness, change for the better. Just all around beautiful!

I received a complimentary copy of the book. All opinions are my own and are expressed voluntarily.
Sarah Southerland
Sep 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
It took me awhile to get in to this book once I did I loved it. I had expected it to be the standard format for a Regency romance with a marriage of convenience but it wasn’t. I fell in love with the characters. Well written. Clean.
Sep 14, 2019 rated it liked it
After reading the first in the series I wanted to know what happened to the sister who didn't catch the duke. A quick and cute read.
Rachel Robins
Aug 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good read--I love Regency's and I've enjoyed Strunks. I didn't like this one as well as the first, but it was still a nice, quick read.
Tom Prejsner
Sep 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Romance

Thank you for sharing these wonderful romance novels series books. Please keep writing more of these wonderful books. Thank you
Melissa Hayford
Aug 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful love story

Another wonderful story in this series. I'm glad Rose received her HEA and became deserving of one. She was quite awful before her change of heart. Oliver is wonderful. I enjoyed the language of flowers usage, but had to look some up as the meaning was not mentioned. This book could be read by itself, but I suggest reading An American in Duke's Clothing first to get the entire story as there are parts alluded to, but not fully explained.
David Evans
Nov 23, 2019
Silviavg
Aug 22, 2019
Deborah W.
Sep 11, 2019
Melodie B. Edison
rated it did not like it
Sep 14, 2019
Aretta Billips
Steph
Oct 22, 2019
« previous 1 3 next »

• Discovering Grace (Inglewood, #2)
  • The Marriage Bargain (Regency House Party: Havencrest Book 5)
  • The Captain's Lady (Regency House Party: Havencrest #4)
  • An Unwelcome Suitor (Entangled Inheritance #4)
  • A Clever Alliance (Regency Brides: A Promise of Love, #1)
  • Saving Miss Everly (Inglewood, #3)
  • Goodwill for the Gentleman (Belles of Christmas, #2)
  • The Vexatious Widow (Regency House Party: Havencrest #2)
  • Love in the Wager (Women of Worth #4)
  • The Rivals of Rosennor Hall (Entangled Inheritance #3)
  • Rescuing Lord Inglewood (Inglewood #1)
  • Isabel  (Families of Dorset #2)
  • His Unexpected Heiress (Entangled Inheritance #2)
  • The Duke's Second Chance (Lords for the Sisters of Sussex #1)
  • Charmed by His Lordship (Regency House Party: Havencrest #3)
  • Nine Ladies Dancing (Belles of Christmas, #4)
  • A Provision for Love (Entangled Inheritance #1)
  • Wyndcross (Families of Dorset #1)
Mindy loves all things history and romance, which makes reading and writing Regency romance right up her alley. When she isn’t living in her alternate realities, she is married to her real-life Mr. Darcy and trying to raise five proper boys. They live happily in the beautiful mountains of Utah. You can follow her on her website at properlovestory.com and on Facebook at Mindy Burbidge Strunk- ...more

Unlikely Match (2 books)
  • An American In Duke's Clothing (An Unlikely Match Series Book 1)