Start by marking “A Time of Courage (Of Blood and Bone, #3)” as Want to Read:
A Time of Courage (Of Blood and Bone, #3)

A Time of Courage

(Of Blood and Bone #3)

Battle the dark
Reclaim the world

The Demon-King of the Otherworld is finally free. And armed with mighty new starstone weapons, Asroth prepares to lead his demonic war-host south. With the help of his dark bride Fritha, he plans to crush the warrior-angels and their allies.

In the shadows of Forn Forest, Riv and the surviving Ben-Elim hold a war council. After the
Expected publication: April 2nd 2020 by Pan Macmillan

Start your review of A Time of Courage (Of Blood and Bone, #3)
Petrik
Recommends it for: Epic fantasy & The Faithful and the Fallen fans
ARC provided by the publisher—Pan Macmillan—in exchange for an honest review.

A Time of Courage is one of the best final books to a series I’ve ever read in my life. It was truly a bittersweet, satisfying, and masterfully crafted finale to conclude Of Blood and Bone and the entirety of The Banished Lands saga.

Permit me to start this review with words from Gwynne himself:

“So, finally we come to the end of this series, and with it, the end of the Banished Land’s tales. Although Of Blood and
John Gwynne
Dec 03, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
The cover to A Time of Courage has been released. I hope you like it!

This is quite a moment for me, seeing the cover art for what is in effect the culmination of seven books and the end of 150 years history of the Banished Lands.

I'm thrilled with how this cover came out, and overjoyed at the level of detail the amazing Paul Young has put into it...
There are numerous elements in this cover that make my inner-geek extremely happy - the long axe with norse runes that spell 'The Final Battle,' the
Will.J.R. Gwynne
Sep 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, favorites
LOOK AT THE COVER!
Eon ♒Windrunner♒
Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What an ending!!! Full review to come.
Emma
I don’t have the words right now. All the stars (Bright ones, of course)

TS Chan
Jan 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What a magnificent and emotionally powerful finale.

RTC.
Edward
Oct 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A Time or Courage, The by final book of Of Blood and Bone is AMAZING. I won’t say too much, but it is a phenomenal last chapter in The Banished Lands that had me as always crying, laughing, punching the air and wanting to take up my spear and shield and join the shield-wall. Can’t wait for you all to read it. Truth and courage!
Jan 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I had very high expectations for A Time of Courage after reading the first two novels in the series (and from the Faithful and the Fallen series before that) but this novel just blew me out of the water. It was spectacular. From the first page to the last I was hooked and I didn’t want to put it down (for the sake of my eyes I had to at some point).

The story picks up immediately after the end of book two so I won’t give any spoilers but it just shifts right into the story and it doesn’t really
Katharina
Dec 03, 2019 marked it as to-read
I am sooo happy that there is a release date - I didn‘t dare to touch part 1 yet, because I want to read them alllllll without waiting time!
Kayla
I GOT AN ARRRRRCCCCCCCCCCCC ...more
Jem
Oct 31, 2019 marked it as to-read
I have one word for how I feel about this book coming out, and that word is: yes

(Sometimes when I’m sitting alone in the dark I just reflect on how lucky I am to be born in a time when the most amazing books are being released)

(That was 31 words. So let’s stick with “yes”.)
Ninosleah
Jan 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Amazing book very fast paced and full of action, Very strong storyline once I started it I couldn't put it down would recommend this highly to anyone who likes historical fantasy's with lots of battles and adventures.
Phil
Jan 18, 2020
Petrik
Sep 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Epic fantasy & The Faithful and the Fallen fans
ARC provided by the publisher—Pan Macmillan—in exchange for an honest review.

Permit me to start this review with words from Gwynne himself:

John Gwynne
Dec 03, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
The cover to A Time of Courage has been released. I hope you like it!

Will.J.R. Gwynne
Sep 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, favorites
LOOK AT THE COVER!
Eon ♒Windrunner♒
Oct 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What an ending!!! Full review to come.
Emma
I don’t have the words right now. All the stars (Bright ones, of course)

TS Chan
Sep 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a magnificent and emotionally powerful finale.

RTC.

Kayla
I GOT AN ARRRRRCCCCCCCCCCCC
Jem
Oct 31, 2019 marked it as to-read

(That was 31 words. So let’s stick with “yes”.)
Ninosleah
Audrey
Maja Ingrid
Michael
Fantasy Buddy Reads: A Time of Courage [Apr 20, 2020] 2 7 Dec 23, 2019 10:31AM

• The Last Wish (The Witcher, #0.5)
  • Oedipus Rex  (The Theban Plays, #1)
  • The Color Purple
  • Sons of Thunder (Raven #2)
  • Four Minutes Twelve Seconds
  • A Clockwork Orange
  • Odin's Wolves (Raven, #3)
  • Miecz przeznaczenia (Saga o Wiedźminie, #0.75)
  • Death of Kings (The Saxon Stories, #6)
  • Henry V
Malice is my debut novel. Goldsboro Books of London, specialists in signed first-editions, have made Malice their 'Book of the Month' for December 2012.

I was born in Singapore while my dad was stationed there in the RAF. Up until he retired that meant a lot of traveling around, generally a move every three years or so.

I live with my wife and four wonderful (and demanding) children in East Sussex.

Of Blood and Bone (3 books)
  • A Time of Dread (Of Blood and Bone, #1)
  • A Time of Blood (Of Blood and Bone, #2)