Start by marking “The Other Gloria” as Want to Read:
The Other Gloria

The Other Gloria

The truth lies in what she can't remember. There is another who harbors her unspeakable secrets. Meeting her is where the danger lies.
On a dark January night in 2019, Gloria finds herself behind the wheel of a car, beaten and covered in blood. She has no idea where she’s coming from, or where she might be headed. After pulling to the side of the road, she begins to fade
Published October 1st 2019 by Empire Publishing and Literary Service Bureau

To ask other readers questions about The Other Gloria, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Other Gloria

Start your review of The Other Gloria
Linda Strong
Nov 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
The truth lies in what she can't remember.

And than finds herself in bed with her ex-husband, Charles .. a man she ran away from 2 years earlier. Charles was disgustingly abusive ... mentally, physically, sexually. She has woken to the year 2003 and living her life all over again with this monster.

In order to cope with
Mandy White
Nov 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
To begin with I found this book a little confusing with the changes in timelines. Once I got my head around that it was a great family drama I would call it. I felt for Gloria, a strong woman beaten down.

Thanks to the author for the audio code prize. Very enjoyable listen!
Reads a Latte Thrillers
Nov 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Wow! What a unique and gripping page turner. I just finished this book and I’m still grappling with the two Glorias. I absolutely adored the characters in this book (with the exception of Charles) and found them all completely relatable. I also loved the mix of romance that was intertwined with this compelling story. I love a story with a strong female character and this definitely delivered. I think I actually want to read it again. I would certainly recommend this one!
BreeAnn
What I Loved: The mystery that surrounded this story was captivating! I was so interested in what had happened, what would happen, and in what order. The way the story was told had me moving through the book as fast as I could!

How I Felt: I found this book to be very interesting. The story is told jumping back and forth in time, but also between two timelines; one that had happened and then one that is happening now. I can see how it could become a bit confusing, so this is a good story to take
Brianas_best_reads
Sep 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Review

A huge thank you to L.A. Villafane for sending me an ARC of her book “The Other Gloria” which releases in October!

The book begins in 2019 with Gloria behind the wheel of a car, badly beaten and covered in blood. She has no idea what has happened to her and must work hard to uncover lost memories and secrets. This book was quite a journey and I really enjoyed reading it.

One thing I enjoyed about this book was the multiple time lines. I personally like when a book jumps around in time and
Melissa
Oct 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Thank you @lavillafanewriter for my copy of this thriller!
This was such a great story, with great characters and found myself laughing out loud with them at times.
And the ending made me happy!
Gloria has dissociative disorder, and not being able to remember things leaves her feeling ungrounded. Not being able to mentally latch onto something concrete, and the fear of the unknown is terrifying for her! I definitely recommend this book!
Bree Lynn
Sep 07, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5 Overall, I really did enjoy this book and it does have a way of keeping you constantly turning the pages. I found the storyline to be unique in that it switches back and forth between “before” and “after”, but they are reversed. “After” is 2003 since the main character Gloria is reliving her past. The time jump did end up getting a little confusing when reading. You do get a sequence going and catch on, but towards the end some things get a little mixed. For a debut book it holds its own ...more
The Reads
Nov 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is my review of the incredibly beautiful novel, The Other Gloria by L.A. Villafane. Following on from a very chilling first chapter, being introduced to Gloria was reminiscent of an out of body experience. She enimates the aura of a ghost trying to find her way into the afterlife. Its chilling, eerie and claustrophobic. It set the tone for the entirety of the novel, there was an undercurrent of fear and worry, it was addictive, and it left me with palpitations. The things Gloria had to ...more
Jana
Nov 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
**Thank you Net Galley for providing me a copy of this book to read and review**

3.5
The story pulls your in right way because it starts with Gloria in a car covered with blood with no memory of what happened. She suffers from Dissociative Disorder which makes her lose memories as a result of trauma. Gloria calls on “The Other Gloria” to help her during these times.

The story then jumps back in time to 2003 and Gloria find herself still married to her abusive ex-husband. It seem like she’s being
Reanna Byars
Nov 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 stars!

It's January 2019, Gloria finds herself driving in the middle of the night, badly beaten, covered in blood, and with no recollection of where she's going or where she's coming from. In the next moment, she wakes in bed next to her abusive husband, Charles, whom she had escaped from 2 years earlier, and the year is 2003. Due to the years of abuse, Gloria suffers from dissociative disorder, which has caused her to miss out on years of her daughter's lives. Now Gloria is wondering if she
Sarah Bowe
Sep 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a very interesting psychological thriller.
Gloria, the main character suffers from dissociative disorder. In the new year of 2019, Gloria goes through something traumatic that catapults her back to 2003 and back to her abusive ex-instead of being safe with hey fiancee Rick.
The way this book used the year of 2003 as the "after" and the 2017-19 years as the "before" was sent I have ever encountered before and I kind of liked it.
Gloria needs to figure out what is happening and what choices
Sheri
Oct 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The book opens with Gloria driving a car covered in blood and no memory of what happened. This draws you in right away. As Gloria's story continues you discover she has an abusive husband. In order to cope with her husband her mind takes her away during the abuse and the "other Gloria" takes her place. The author skillfully takes us on a journey with both Gloria's while she navigates her life and attempts to find happiness. I loved Gloria's devotion to her daughters and her strength as it ...more
Stef Trunk
Nov 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A thrilling nightmare! This was a great listen (audiobook) for any thrill seeker! I really enjoyed how the storyline plays out with Gloria’s past and present! I found myself really pulling for Gloria’s character! The Other Gloria needed to invite Gloria through the past by way of a terrible nightmare in order to get to the present life she’d always dreamed of, dive right in for the twists and turns you won’t see coming! This book reminded me of some of my other favorite thrillers like The Girl ...more
Pamela
Oct 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The tight prose style and quick pacing of The Other Gloria make this psychological thriller a fast and satisfying journey. Readers can't help rooting for Gloria as she tries to leave an abusive relationship. The alternating timelines add dimension, tension, and mystery. Deftly handling the protagonist's missing memories, Villafane's story sheds light on dissociative disorder, a complex condition that often accompanies abuse. Above all, though, this is a story about family and the human spirit. ...more
Tanya Riley
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this twisty thriller! The author really coveys the emotional turmoil that abuse causes to families. Gloria is such a strong character in so many ways, and I found myself rooting for her throughout the book. The book also had a great ending! I won’t say much more because I don’t want to spoil the book for readers. Thanks to the author for the advanced review copy in exchange for my honest review.
Alix
Oct 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: suspense, thriller
Another good and quick read!

I enjoyed this psychological thriller. Yes- it's about another abusive husband.

Gloria is a great and strong character! She may suffer from dissociative disorder, but she doesn't sit there and complain about what she can't remember.

No, what she's going through is no picnic (AT ALL!), but she does everything in her power to escape and help her daughters.

Gloria is someone who you root for all throughout the book!

The plot is interesting and it definitely kept me on my
Siobhan
Oct 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Other Gloria ~ L.A. Villafane

All I have to say was ... wow! I was not expecting this! I loved how I couldn't predict what was going to happen next! Lori's writing style is fab and I would definitely read another book by her! I highly recommend reading this!
But also **trigger warning** this book contains toxic relationships and violence.
Jenny
Dec 01, 2019 rated it liked it
Thank you @lavillafane for a copy of this novel! Your book was a great debut novel. While it wasn't as fast-paced, or as thrilling of a thriller as I thought it would be, I really enjoyed the character development of Gloria, and an introduction about dissociative disorder. I would describe this book as easy-paced - a very polite and well behaved domestic abuse novel than anything else.
Diane Black
Oct 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Other Gloria has an unexpected story arc. Nothing else like it. It’s an amazing thriller about a woman who has Dissociative Disorder.
April Lea
Sep 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
Gloria, the main character suffers from dissociative disorder. You start off as Gloria is in her car covered with blood in 201o but because of the trauma of it she finds herself slipping back to 2003 and back to her abusive ex-husband instead of being safe with her fiancee Rick in 2019.
She can remember Rick as she is reliving her live in 2003. As she fights to stay in the now and figure out just what happened in 2019 to make her blackout back to 2003. And why the other Gloria makes her forget
Janice

• The Child of Auschwitz
  • The Other Daughter
  • The Grace Year
  • Where Sleeping Dogs Lie
  • Trace of Evil (Natalie Lockhart #1)
  • The Better Liar
  • The Nanny
  • Saint X
  • I See You (Criminal Profiler, #2)
  • The Silent House