Start by marking “Watchers of the Black Rite (Black Planet Book 1)” as Want to Read:
Watchers of the Black Rite (Black Planet Book 1)

Watchers of the Black Rite (Black Planet Book 1)

Dark Occultists. An Ancient Discovery. Metaphysical Horror

When a bizarre structure is discovered under a cabin in North Pine Woods, deep-state agents quickly move in to secure the location. They conduct an investigation of the cryptic symbols and strange geometry of the stone. As a result of their experiments, the veil between our world and another is pierced, and a powerful s

Published September 14th 2019 by RedRum Reviews

To ask other readers questions about Watchers of the Black Rite, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Watchers of the Black Rite

Start your review of Watchers of the Black Rite (Black Planet Book 1)
Joseph Spuckler
Aug 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
A short book that manages to grab on to all the 1980s horror movie themes. The story revolves around an area that was formerly a state park and now owned by a mysterious corporation. People have gone missing and there is something that isn’t quite right about the park. A sister tries to patch up a relationship with her younger brother who has recently visited the park with a friend and stumbles into something sinister. Secret dark agencies, an unsuspecting town, violent murder, teenagers experim ...more
M.E.
Sep 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Extreme horror with graphic, and often lethal, sex

This story, ending in cliff-hanger with many threads unresolved, starts out smoothly and builds curiosity and tension well. As it progresses into extreme violence and sex (with several sex scenes ending in violence or death), the characters start to die off leading into an increasingly dark mystery.

A large cast of characters is handled very effectively and a complex story line is delivered in an impressively competent, easily fo
Amber J
I try to express only my most honest opinion in a spoiler free way. If you feel anything in my review is a spoiler and is not already hidden in spoiler brackets please let me know. Thank you.

So after Tyler and Bennet shout what ends up being a mechanical owl in the woods. Tyler turns to his sister Haley for help out of fear from breaking the law. After taking it to the police and having a weird and creepy encounter in the woods, they start having bad dreams and Bennet is acting weird as well. Somethi/>

So
Bruce Blanchard
Sep 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A communique between the writer & myself. She told me the story was twisted & I assured her I like twisted stories...I was far from ready for all the things that happen in this book. Eyes wide open.
Nikki Noir's Watchers of the Black Rite being the 1st in the Black Planet series blew away a lot of expectations. The opening scene in this book is one making you turn back the pages to make sure you read everything correctly. And, yes, you did. The movie Bad Influence with Rob Lowe spri
Dan Allen
Sep 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
An owl that isn’t an owl, secret societies, dark cult conspiracies, and some naughty bits that leave you wanting more and more. Nikki Noir manages to blend horror and erotica like no other in “Watchers of the Black Rite”. I believe this is her first full length novel and the story sets you up for a sequel so I’m sure we’ll see more from this author.
Nikki can lay down a scene and definitely has some talent, especially in describing the sexy stuff. This novel is fast paced and has several WTF mom
Bill Halpin
Aug 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A well-written, fast read that I finished in same day.

The story revolves around a teenaged brother and sister who, while having grown up together, were never really close. Their relationship felt genuine, especially as it grew stronger the more they investigated the strange happenings. Their decisions, while not always the most logical from an onlooker, made sense for them.

It'll be a good idea to read the synopsis first, especially the part about Sex. Murder. Glue. They don't always
TKBoss
Oct 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
WATCHERS OF THE BLACK RITE by Nikki Noir

(Review by Trevor Kennedy for Phantasmagoria Magazine)

In the town of Shale, USA, teenage lads Tyler and Bennett are out exploring the nearby North Pine Woods, whilst taking potshots at local wildlife with their air rifle. After shooting and killing what they believe is an owl, it turns out what they have actually shot is some sort of robotic spying device that it soon transpires belongs to the clandestine company which now owns that
Jill Girardi
Sep 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
After reading this book, I now know why there's a buzz going around about Nikki Noir. It is a sleek, sexy blend of pure extreme violence, fear and eroticism. It goes down like fine wine with never a word or sentence out of place. Clearly this woman has honed her craft to perfection. I don't want to give away any spoilers so I will just say that this is not a book you want to miss. I'll be watching this author's career with great interest. And so should you...
Amy Garrett
Oct 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was definately a can't put it down book. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars was a few editing overlooks. For example, location 346 on my kindle says Ka-bar knife. Nothing major, just a few things I noticed. Plot was great, characters were great and well developed.
Eugene Gorodinsky
Sep 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: horror
Good occult horror, but too short: the book ends just as things start to get interesting and the protagonist actually finds herself in danger. Hopefully, the sequel will be "meatier".
Blood Bound Books
John
Rachel
Erin Hudgens
Sep 24, 2019
Nikki Noir writes erotic thrillers, extreme horror, and bizarre plotlines. She enjoys reviewing all forms of dark fiction and fashion at her website Redrum Reviews.