Start by marking “The Way Back To Me(The Way #1)” as Want to Read:
The Way Back To Me(The Way #1)

(The Way #1)

NOTE: This is a second edition with major revisions. The book does end on a cliffhanger.

My life was charmed. I had the best friends ever. We were known as the Fab Five and our futures were planned out.

In a flash, everything was taken from me. I don’t know how to live without them. I don’t want to.
I’m broken.

When I get to college, I see him.

Cameron Stonsee .
ebook, 3rd Edition
Published August 20th 2019

To ask other readers questions about The Way Back To Me, please sign up.

Start your review of The Way Back To Me(The Way #1)
Olga therebelreader

The Way Back To Me is a heartachingly beautiful book about the power of love, the true meaning of friendship, and the choices we all make. Multiple times whilst reading this baby, tears welled up in my eyes at the beauty of Ms. Mercier’s writing. Without giving too much away, she makes all characters in this story extremely real.

Olivia was involved in a tragic car accident. The other passengers were pronounced dead at the scene and Olivia was the only survivor in that frightening event. The crash left her wstars
The
Geri Reads
Can't rate it higher due to the events in the second book.

Sounds petty? Well, it is.

But I've thought about it and sad to say that this book is tainted for me. In fact, I don't really understand why the author spent so much time building up Cameron in this book when...oh well, you just have to read my review for the second book because that one was a doozy.
Michelle
 photo 5271240546e13452f74cab67451ba9_zpsqkqkzwci.gif

The blurb of The Way Back To Me by Anne Mercier sounded something that I would possibly love since I am a big fan on books that focuses on second chances and finding oneself. But unfortunately, this book was just okay. Nothing really stood out for me since I found it a little repetitive and couldn't connect to the heroine. I felt the heroine's pain for her loss but she just didn't draw me in emotionally to feel her despair. I know I am in the minority in my review since others found this book to
Beneath The Covers Blog
As I'm sitting here writing this review, I'm finding it extremely difficult to come up with the precise words to describe The Way Back To Me. To say I enjoyed this book, would be a complete understatement. This book stripped me bare, and devastatingly ripped me apart. It left me exposed to the numbing realization that not all love stories are hearts and flowers. Some are filled with pain. Some drip with despair, and anger. And others can leave you with more questions than answers.

Olivia Brennan
Anne OK
Mar 02, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016-reads
At best a mediocre college romance full of drama told from both the male and female leads point of view. In a heartbreaking story, Olivia is scarred physically and mentally as she embarks on her first year of college and a new beginning. It’s a shock when she finds her roommate is an old acquaintance from her hometown – and the sister of the guy who bullied Olivia all through high school. Of course, it won’t be much of a surprise to find that Cam, who is the roomie’s older brother and the campus ...more
Rohina
5 Stars!

description I am alone. I'm still feeling. This is unacceptable."

As I am sitting here and writing this review, I can't put it in words and tell you how much Anne Mercier has come far in her books, in her characters, in her storyline and definitely in her writing.

The Way Back To Me was something that I hadn't expected. To say I enjoyed this book would be an understatement of the year. I LOVED this book so much! This book kept me in its clutches from the dedication! I just... I never expected
Jan
Fabulous five, I've got you kitten stars

A beautiful college romance with just enough angst and drama, banter, hotness and to top it off a swoon worthy bbf called Cam.

One of Anne's best writing yet, although I also loved The falling down rockstar series this was in a class of its own. Loved it.

Loved all the extended characters too and looking forward to reading more about them.

Your pulled straight into the heartache of the story as Olivia struggles
Dani
An emotional ride, a beautiful story, and heart warming characters!

I read a lot of books, but only once in a while a story grips me. It takes hold and suddenly I am immersed in this world that I never want to leave. That’s what happened with The Way Back to Me. From the characters, to the heart wrenching story, to the ending. I was on a whirlwind of emotion, being tugged back and forth, but never once did I want to put this book down.

Olivia has suffered a devastating loss. Her transition from a bubbly, happy girl to adown.
Oliviacharacters!
I

Olivia has suffered a devastating loss. Her transition from a bubbly, happy girl to a depressed shadow of her former self is what sets this whole story off. I was grabbing my tissues from the first page. As we follow Olivia through her transition as she leaves her small home town to go to University you feel all the pain, the emotion and the turmoil she does. Anne has developed a character that will pull you into her world and not let go, even when you read the last few words at the end, you look for more.

The Way Back To Me

Cameron Stone is the ultimate jock. A playboy by nature. A footballer with the world at his feet… and many of the girls too. But no one grabs his attention like Livvy does. He knows Olivia better than she knows herself. He’s watched her transition and needless to say, he wants to help her. The only thing is, he’s been bullying her for years. So why the sudden need to make her smile again? Why does he want to help her find her find the way back?

The Way Back To Me

These two unlikely characters paths cross when Olivia moves into her dorm room. Only to find out her roommate is none other than Cameron’s younger sister. This is where the journey starts for our heroine, and she’s pulled into trying to move on, but still living with the grief of the past. Can she ever let go and move on? Or will the pain of the tragic event drag her further away from herself? Will Cameron be able to help her find the lost girl through all the pain and tears?

Anne leaves us with a cliff hanger of note! I am desperately in need of the next book to see where this incredible story goes! Please give me more Cam and Liv!!!

Alpha Book Club

ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review.  Reviewed by Dani from Alpha Book Club

description

Kimothy
Feb 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is filled with so many emotions. I have to say i think it is my new fave book by Anne, i feel like you can see where her writing has progressed from the very first story she wrote, to this one. This book is very different to other stories Anne has released so far, i found it chocked full of highs and lows of emotions. From love and laughter to pain and sadness. Olivia is quite a complex character you think you know all she has been through and yet there is so much more. Cam hit me as q ...more
Laura  Redmon
Feb 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I finished this book in one sitting. No surprise there, it is by Author Anne Mercier, one bada$$ chic.

The way back to me was such a beautiful, dark, sad, and at time funny story. First chapter? I cried. There were several more cry sessions, but it is so so worth it.

This has a little bit of everything in it... Enemy's turn lovers, death, depression, pain, new friends, old friends, romance, love, and it goes on.

This is absolutely the best New Adult book of 2016.
[michele]
Mediocre writing. Books that are heavy on the dialogue just do not work for me, especially when that dialogue is flat and mediocre.
L.J (Lisa Jane)
WOW - I didn't really expect that but am so glad I got it :)

Olivia Brennan is no one to mess with. She is tough as nails and cold as stone but there's a reason for that...a heart breaking one that changed her life forever and the person she was and is.
Through out this book Olivia refers to her friends through her own eyes and it makes us connect with them on a level where we also feel like we knew them. The characters in this book are so well developed and true to life and the
CeCe
Manda Wathey
Apr 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I think this deserves more than 5 stars just on tissue usage alone. As an avid reader of Annes books, I have seen them getting better and better but TWBTM is in a class all of it's own!
The beginning makes your heart hurt for Liv and you don't think it's going to get any better for her as such a sudden hearbreaking loss of not just Danny, but all her best friends from being children, would send anyone onto a downward spiral of doom and gloom. Tissues were never far away from me while reading th
Michelle Barclay
Feb 25, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Absolutely loved this book, but I hated the Epilogue! Why do that to me just when I think they have a happy ending! Now I'm ready for book 2. So please hurry up! I love Cam and Olivia so please do not ruin this for me.
Dilek VT
Mar 15, 2019 marked it as never-no-way  ·  review of another edition
2nd book ruins the 1st book:

Jennifer Dietz-Smith
Aug 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you thought the first edition was amazing. Well you are in for a treat and alot more angst.
Let me just tell ya this is my favorite series of Anne's due to the realness and that I can relate to some issues. But this book and characters will always be in my soul. They are embedded. Cant wait for more
Kahea
***First reaction*** So, I read the sample last night, got sucked in, slept on it and then decided to buy it this morning...that was a good four hours ago and now I’m sitting here, pretending I didn’t all teary and shit while devouring the book (Thank God for waterproof eyeliner and the fact I don’t wear mascara on my bottom lashes anymore) and grinning like a fool at that ending.

***FULL REVIEW***

I didn’t expect this book to grab me by the throat and toss me down the rabbit hole the way that it did. I/>***FULL
Pam Hood
I loved the in depth way Anne went into characters and plot. I am ready for the next one. She brought out emotion that will break our hearts. 5 stars ⭐ ...more
Beth
Feb 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 stars

This story captured my attention from the beginning and I couldn't put it down until the end, even after I found out it ends on a small cliffhanger (yes I skipped to the end, I often do). I was so annoyed when I saw how it ended I'm not a huge fan of having a story continue over several books because it just means so much more drama, so I hope that if Olivia and Cameron get another book it will be a novella or at the most only one more book before we see a happy ending (even i
Stacey Johnston
Aug 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was gifted to me for an honest review xx
For me, after reading everything Anne has written, this has to be her best. It is different from her usual writing, but it is a story that you will love.
There is so much I can say about this book, it was a heartbreaking tale of love and loss. One that I could relate to more than I imagined.
It is an emotional story of Olivia, a girl who has lost not only the love of her life, but her friends as well. Her journey from that moment
Ashley Dunham
Apr 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received an ARC for a Honest Review.  I absolutely love  The Way Back to me .
I Love Olivia and Cameron story.  I like how Olivia was starting to realize that even though she is grieving over the lost of her friends  she needing to put her life back on track.
I love  how Cameron was there to help Olivia with the hard times. I felt a connection with Olivia and Cameron. I love how you could tell that Olivia and Cameron had this connection with each other but they both didn't want to admit it. I
Jaime
I couldn't put this book down once I started it.

Olivia faces unimaginable tragedy in the beginning of the story, one that haunts her through the pages until almost the end, where we learn the full details of what happened the night that changed her life. Her character is so strong, stronger than she gives herself credit for, but she struggles as little more than a shell of her former self. It takes Cameron, her roommate's brother and Olivia's childhood bully, to bring her back to her
Oumy
Feb 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Freaking Beautiful !!! A stellar 5 stars read :D

I loved this story of loss, pain, forgiveness and love.
Olivia was an amzing h that dealt with her loss the only way she knew how. Cameron was a perfect H who knew her too well to let her fall in the abyss of darkness and brought her back to light the only way he could.... By pissing her off !!

Loved all the secondary characters and hope I get Seb, Lex or Brax's story. I loved them the most ! Actually I loved them all. Seth w
Tera Chastain  (Co-Creator of The Book Bistro)
4.5 Stars
This was a good read...Olivia has been through so much these past few months ...it was "heavy" where it needed to be and light when it called for it ...this book was a good balance of the two...Cameron was not so easy to like ...once he was enter acting with Olivia ...but that changed quickly ...he became everything you want in a leading man ...

~~"There's a fine line between love and hate and an even thinner one when it comes to desire."~~

I felt for Liv so mu
Sophie Ruthven
Dec 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow.
I always find it interesting when authors re do earlier books.
This author has just proven WHY it is a good idea.
This book seemed like a completely new book redone.
I was hooked from cover to cover.
The author has grown as a writer so much from when it was first written and it shows in the very best way.
This book will have you riding on a rollercoaster of emotions so buckle up, you're in for one hell of a ride.
Definitely a must read!
Kelly Anne  O'Connor
As this is my first book by Anne I really didn't know what to except, I loved the cover but blurb had me intrigued. The first few chapters were so emotionally charged i just knew this book was going to be a winner. It has angst a plenty and that ending had me begging for a few more chapters. Really glad I decided to read this awesome book !
Tangerine

DNF @ 35%

I was really liking Olivia. It was just everything else that wasn't working. The storyline up to this point is just a whole bunch of different storylines from other books thrown into one book. The writing, in my opinion, was just mediocre. Maybe it got better after I stopped. Sadly, I'll never know. The bright spot was Olivia. I really did like her. Just not enough to carry on.
Kim
Nov 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is a heart wrenching young adult romance. It makes you feel so many emotions and has you gasping at Anne’s words. Perfectly woven in is drama, angst and steamy sex scenes. Can’t wait to pick up in the cliffhanger with book 2!
Dicksy Presley
Feb 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMG!! The tears...the feels and wtf?!? Yea...I freakin love this book hard!!!
Reading Tigress: Review - The Way Back To Me 1 4 Jul 17, 2016 05:49AM

• In Ruins (Something More, #3)
  • Summer Girl
  • Love To Love You: A Love/Hate Novella (Love/Hate, #3)
  • Escaping the Blackness (Cooper Brothers #1)
  • Daring Attraction (Dare to Love)
  • Always with You (With You, #3)
  • Surviving Regret
  • Working Girl
  • Claiming Carter (The Carter Trilogy, #1)
  • Trading Yesterday (Trading Yesterday, #1)
  • Pepped Up & Ready (Pepper Jones, #3)
  • Bully
  • Assumptions (Assumed Expectations, #1)
  • Four Weddings and a Werewolf (Seattle Wolf Pack, #2)
  • Stars (Penmore #1)
  • The Tomboy & the Rebel
  • Escape: Heartbreaker / Duncan's Bride
  • Finding Me
Anne Mercier is the International Bestselling author of adult contemporary romance, new adult contemporary romance, and mature young adult romance. She was born and raised in Wisconsin and still lives there today.

When she's not writing she enjoys reading amazing books, listening to music, keeping up on all things Avenged Sevenfold and Milo Ventimiglia, chatting with readers and friends, and bingi

The Way (3 books)
  • The Way With You (The Way #2) - SECOND EDITION
  • The Way We Love (The Way #3)