Start by marking “A Family Dinner” as Want to Read:
A Family Dinner

A Family Dinner

Mum's cooking carrot and potato soup for dinner, but she's run out of carrots! So she sent Dad on an errand to buy more from the corner grocery shop, just five minutes' walk from home. What could possibly go wrong? Who would expect such a simple outing would turn out to be a great adventure of a life time, filled with dangers and bizarre encounters Dad would never have exp ...more
Published August 4th 2019 by The Luminous Cat

To ask other readers questions about A Family Dinner, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Family Dinner

RobinLeigh Morgan
Aug 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
I, or should I say my inner-child read this book via an Amazon Unlimited download.

As a child growing up you’ve got to remember all the things your father would do for your mother like when she asked him to go shopping at the nearby store to buy a specific item, I do. No matter what he had to buy he wouldn’t come back home until he got what he needed to buy.

In this book the author, Cory Q Tan, has taken this real-life situation and has transformed it into enchanting fantas
Jocelyn Soriano
Aug 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Cory Q Tan's books have always left me wanting to read more. I've always considered them "classics" in the making, and I'm just fortunate enough to be among those who were first able to read them.

His latest book, "A Family Dinner" is no exception. Although the events include elements of fantasy, the story itself is very much grounded in real life. This authenticity gives me a certain feeling of nostalgia, like I'm entering a portal back to my childhood. Reading this story also relaxe
Melissa T
Aug 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: author-sent
I was sent this book by the author. Thank you so much! I absolutely loved this story. I was feeling bad for the dad, with what he had to go through to get some carrots. But it all worked out in the end!

The pictures in this book are exquisite. Cory is very detailed oriented in his work. The colors are vibrant, vivid, and beautifully done.

I can’t wait to read more.

Thank you so much!
Antonina Novarese
Sep 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have received the advance review copy from the author. The book is wonderful, both the text and the illustrations. It has a nice warm retro look and makes you think of home and good old times. The story is a page-turner, and the illustrations are impressing. I absolutely loved it and definitely recommend both for children and adults who appreciate illustration art.
Andrea
Aug 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: giveaways
This is the third book I have read by the Author and it did not disappoint. His work is dazzling and mesmerizing. One of the best creative and imaginative books I've read in a long time. The illustration work is unparalleled. Such detail and color work, simply beautiful! I could see these books being on display in bookstores, at comic conventions and the like. I continue to be a big fan and look forward to reading more of the author's work.

An adorable read for adults and children alike. If you
LK
Sep 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another fascinating story by this imaginative author.
This time it's dad's time for an adventure....and what an adventure it is! Who would guess that a simple trip to the grocery store could turn in to a whirlwind venture.
Kids (and adults) of all ages will truly enjoy the unexpected mis-haps and triumphs of dad's journey almost as if they were there!

The author once again excels in his artistry skills with fabulous and intricate illustrations to fully coordinate with the st
Allison Clark
Aug 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is my favorite book by Cory Q. Tan thus far! Life gives you paths to take and sometimes you pick the one that seems to be the shortest, but it actually has many more challenges along the way. Dad did this very thing! He took the shortest path to get the carrots that were needed for family dinner, but was presented with many obstacles along the way. Dad was able to make it home with the carrots, but all his family needed was him. In the end family is what is important.
ΑΝΝΑ ΚΑΡΑΙΣΑΡΛΗ
It's interesting how a simple task asked by Mum turns to be a big adventure for Dad. It is not uncommon for Dads to find difficulties in easy tasks, like picking carrots from the grocery shop, but the plot becomes a thriller! Good for kids from 1-99 years old. With HEA!
Darinda
Sep 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
A children's picture book a father's exciting outing to get carrots for dinner. The mother needs carrots to cook dinner for the family, and she sends the father to the store to get them. The quick errand turns into a magical adventure for the father.

A fun and imaginative story. Lovely picture book with fantastic illustrations.
Carol Cormier
Julia
Christopher Wilhelm
Jessica
Sep 06, 2019
Cory Q Tan is a Children's Book Author and Illustrator. He graduated from The Slade School of Fine Art (London) in the UK, spending most of his time on Printmaking and Painting. His friends always tell him that his works 'seem to tell a story', and to produce a series of works that truly string together as a story has always been his dream. Nothing is more beautiful and satisfying than to be able ...more