Start by marking “Audition” as Want to Read:

Audition

Blood and sweat. Bethany Lewis danced her way out of poverty. She's a world class athlete... with a debt to pay.

Joshua North always gets what he wants. And the mercenary wants Bethany in his bed. He wants her beautiful little body bent to his will.

She doesn't surrender to his kiss.
He doesn't back down from a challenge.
It's going to be a sensual fight... to the death.

Published December 9th 2019 by Book Beautiful LLC

Start your review of Audition
TheSassyNerdBlog
Dec 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I don't even know how to put into words just how much I loved this book. I have been a massive Skye Warren fan for some time now, and with each book she writes, the more I fall in love with her. She has the ability to grab your attention from the moment you open the book and have your jaw hitting the floor over and over and she did just that with Audition.

This book can be read as a standalone with no worries at all, but in my opinion, I think it's best if you read the North Security series. You
Kelly
Dec 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: loved-it, 6-stars
Josh and Bethany's story is full of grief and regret, hope and hopelessness, as well as love. It encompasses all the emotions and feelings, which is the creative craft of Skye Warren's books.
Josh, as well his brothers, had a terrible upbringing filled with abuse and torment. They all escaped and became men who have large walls around them, refusing to let anyone in.
Bethany has her own demons and abuse issues from her past but expresses herself in her dance.
They are drawn and pulled together over
United Indie Book Blog
Sultry and sexy!

I love this book! There is just enough steamy scenes and mystery of who is the stalker. I did not guess who it was,

Bethany and Josh have wanted each other for years. They are each fighting against horror from their childhood. Bethany hides in her dance while Josh stays aloof and protecting.

I like how the story goes back and forth in time. It is well explained in the chapter headings. It also helps that the point of view goes between Josh and Bethany.

I love Mamere. She doesn't
Carrie Youngcourt
Dec 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I cant express.how much I loved this book! I wish I could give it 10 stars! I love the North boys, so brody and hot and sexy as f***k! They feel unworthy of love because of there upbringing but little did they know all they needed was a strong woman who could see past thier demons! That being said we've gotten Liam and now Josh's book, here's hoping we get a book for Elijah! I'd love to learn about Noah's past too! Way to go Skye!

We first learned of Josh and Bethany in Liam and Samantha's book.
Skye Warren
Dec 10, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
AUDITION is out now! Mercenary Joshua North always gets what he wants. And he wants the beautiful little dancer bent to his will.

Amazon: https://amzn.to/33mriFH
Barnes & Noble: https://bit.ly/34gqtiF
Apple Books: https://apple.co/2setaTX
Kobo: https://bit.ly/37Dytwy
Google: http://bit.ly/2PsnTQr

This book is a STANDALONE.

Fair warning though: the hero is a serious asshole.

And I have an excerpt for you...

“No, I won’t help you.” The laugh that tears from my throat is the cruelest sound I’ve
Beyond The Covers Blog
Dec 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: celeste
The stories just keep getting better with the latest in the North Security series. Audition by Skye Warren is another riveting tale of strong muscled bound men with a sense of right and wrong that love to protect the women in their lives. I can only pray that Warren will continue this amazing series with another book about the third North brother. This book has it all, action, sex and ballet. Did I mention the sexy as sin men? Warren is able to capture the feel of New Orleans and the ...more
Courtenay Bennett
Dec 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
As most other readers would, I have many favourite authors, for many different reasons. Some authors excel at world-building, some at angst. Some are great with comedic timing, and some just write great banter.
The reason Skye will always sit in my favourites list is because of her lyrical prose, and spellbinding storytelling. I always have this feeling of less is more when I read her books. She has this truly amazing gift of using just the right amount of words for any given situation so that
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

I love the North brothers! Three hard, brutal men forged out of a traumatic childhood. Liam’s story was taboo and gripping, and through his romance with Samantha we saw the friction between his brother Josh and ballet dancer Bethany. We knew there was something there, but it wasn’t until this story that we really found out the extent of their relationship.

I was really looking forward to Josh and Bethany’s story, but I couldn’t help but feel that something was amiss in the retelling.

Bookgasms Book Blog
Dec 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ratula
I was excited to read Audition as Joshua North has stayed with me since the North Securities books. He intrigued me and I was curious to see how this North brother would fall for the woman that brought him to his knees. I enjoyed his connection with Bethany but felt like there was something missing in this story. As a result, this was somewhat of a mixed bag for me.

Audition tells the story of Joshua North and Bethany Lewis and their tumultuous connection with one another. Their story was very
Kim BookJunkie
”It’s not the violence that scares him. It never has been. It’s the certainty that he’ll lose me, that he’ll lose everyone. He’d rather walk away before it happens. He’s the bravest man I know, but in this, in love, he’s still a goddamn coward.”

When I was introduced to Joshua North in the NORTH SECURITY trilogy, I liked him right away. The sparks between him and Bethany were palpable. In AUDITION, we finally get to focus solely on these two, and as expected,sparks fly!!!!!

In the NORTH SECURITY
Nadine Bookaholic
I have been waiting for Audition to release for a while now, the release date has been pushed a few times but you know what....it was worth the wait! This was another great read by author Skye Warren and this time she has a co-writer Amelia Wilde helping her and to be honest I couldn't tell the difference if they just brainstormed together or if they actually sat down and went back and forth while writing it because it was done with a nice flow.

Joshua North intrigued me when I met him in the
Courtney
Dec 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
I had been anxiously awaiting Audition since I finished the North Security Series. Audition can be read as a standalone. However, I feel that readers will feel a bigger impact if they read the North Security series, which is where we first meet Josh and Bethany.

Josh and Bethany's story is told in from both their POV's in past and present times. The revisits to the past truly help give readers an understanding of why Bethany was off-limits to Josh and why he is such a dick. However, I truly wish
Jypsy
Dec 12, 2019 rated it liked it
Thank you Social Butterfly for an advanced copy. I voluntarily reviewed this book. All opinions expressed are my own.

By: Skye Warren, Amelia Wilde

*REVIEW*
I usually like Skye Warren's work, but Audition was not my favorite. The story has good moments, and I liked Bethany and Josh okay. My main problem was the past and present narrative. I would much rather read about the present with little snippets of background information. This story felt too divided between this and that with too
lazybookconqueror
Dec 06, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars.

Bethany Lewis is a beautiful and extremely determined ballerina. But when she starts receiving treats at the dance company she realizes that her past is catching up with her. Enter Joshua North, owner of North security. For Josh, Bethany's case is personal, very personal, and he will bully his way into her life to make her safe.

We go back and forth with both main characters as we see them five years in the past and now in their current situation. I really like the ballet plot
Sissy's Romance Book Review
Audition by Skye Warren & Amelia Wilde is the story of Josh and Bethany. This book is a spin off of the series North Security. So if you have read the previous books then you will have met Josh and Bethany. But if you haven't you this can easily be a standalone book. Bethany was young when she meets Josh who was protecting someone who was in danger. Of course her heart was broken but Bethany knows of hurt/pain which has added to her dancing. Josh due to his past has set his heart to stone ...more
Jessica Alcazar
If you don’t think to yourself...
what the fuck am I reading right now?!
OR
What the ever loving %$#$# is happening right now?!?!?

at least once maybe twice, while you read a book written by Skye Warren, you might not be doing it right.

Stay tuned. I have more to say but I just now finished and my brain hurts....
Snow
Dec 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved it.
*drops mic*
Samantha
Dec 11, 2019 rated it liked it
I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. All thoughts and opinions expressed in this review are my own.

So I have finally read my very first Skye Warren novel. Unfortunately, I thought it was just okay. I wasn't drawn into the story, and even though I enjoyed the ballet and relationship between Josh and Bethany aspects, I found the rest just didn't keep my attention. All the things that should of been interesting and easy to focus on, such as issues with her brother
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)

Beth has always loved Joshua North even though he broke her young heart into a million pieces back in the day. Now it appears he's back. To protect her. For more? To break her heart again?

Wow, the angst is high in this romantic suspense tale. I loved it, though. Beth is strong and loving through it all, through all the obstacles, through Josh's unbelievable assholeish-ness and that was my favorite part of Audition. I really wasn't fond of Josh, even as I felt for him, but I loved Beth and I
Weronika -  Little Steamy Reads
Dec 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Skye Warren has an extraordinary talent for describing characters in her stories. She’s so thorough that no matter what the character does, I can fully imagine it. Where the previous trilogy focused on music and I could almost hear the sounds coming from the violin, in Audition dance leads the way. And believe me, Skye describes each movement so perfectly that during reading I felt like a part of the audience that admires Bethany in her element. And the beauty of Mrs. Warren's words combined ...more
Jenny B
Dec 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It took me a little bit to get into this read but holy cow once I was caught I couldn't let go. I adored Bethany's character and her strength and determination and persistence and her feelings. Josh is a great alpha who definitely has his issues that helped make him who he was and on the same note are holding him back. This read was definitely packed with the angst and throw in some suspense creates for an incredible read.
Alexandra
Dec 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
I received an e-ARC in exchange for an honest review. Review and release blitz can be found on *Milky Way of Books*

The anticipating spin-off series to the North Security series is here! I knew that Josh and Bethany would get their own story and I'm glad they did! I didn't know that they shared a common past and that this past would haunt them both. The story moved steadily through past and present and the chemistry between them was amazing!
Dísir
What draws me as always to Skye Warren’s books is the lyrical writing, so I know that ‘Audition’ will be a well-spun tale, at least when it comes to style. I’d been awaiting for this one with a little bit of trepidation, not because I generally liked Warren’s North Security series (I did) but because I hadn’t quite a good enough impression of Liam’s equally cynical younger brother to think he needed his own HEA.

Like the previous books in the establishing series, ‘Audition’ stayed on the edge of
Babel
The allure of a dark hero is never manifested more artfully than by one of my favourite authors, and this time she has added a partner in crime.

As a fan of the North Security trilogy, this spin-off about Bethany and Joshua was a must for me.

The threatening atmosphere is counterbalanced by a simmering sensuality, an intimacy of the words that tell a tale of woes and brilliance.

This exciting couple has doom stamped all over them. The little ballerina is strong-willed, has a grandma who reads
PP's Bookshelf
Dec 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Skye Warren and Amelia Wilde has created a dark fairytale between two beautifully broken souls in Audition. Josh and Bethany's tragic, twisted and intense journey will end in a happily ever after so well deserved. But not before the authors take you through hell and heaven.

Audition can be read as a standalone but I felt I enjoyed it more because I met these characters in previous North Security series. Bethany is a prolific ballet dancer living a hidden shady life away from the limelight she
Sofia Lazaridou
Dec 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Audition is a stand-alone novel in the True North series (?) by Skye Warren and Amelia Wilde. It's a spin-off from the North Security series and some readers, like me, are already familiar with the main characters. We got an idea of what was going on in the lives of our characters before the events of the story began.

While I read the book in one sitting and I finished it easily, I got annoyed with the flashbacks. I didn't feel like they added much to the story and I thought that the events of
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
The push and pull, rejection and emotions between the main characters in this book made me want to wring their necks. I found this story quite gloomy and thick with the humid atmosphere depicted in the pages; the sultry air of New Orleans was written very eloquently. I could feel the damp air and desperate feelings.

Josh is a hard character to love. The way he holds Bethany at bay and pushes her away had me wanting to strangle him! So frustrating; he clearly has deep feelings for her. Bethany is
V💜Greedy~Thirst~For~Forbidden🖤
Passionate, dark, gritty and unapologetically wicked.

Josh will soul punch you and leave you begging for more. Stubborn and alpha in the most infuriating way... he needs a Queen to be put back together

Bethany is a queen who won’t bend and is majestic in conquering her reluctant faithful knight.
Lina's Reviews  ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥ღೋBook Blogღೋ ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥
It's been a while since I've read a Skye Warren book but omg! Do I love her writing?? YES, I DO.
Do you fancy moody heroes? Do you love lovable heroines that dance the balllet? Then this is your book.
Great pacing, witty dialogue and spicy scenes that will have you craving more! Josh and Bethany are my new favorite couple from this author! The book is so easily read and I finished it quickly. Absolutely loved it.
I recommend it!!!
Michelle Claypot_Reads
Dec 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed Josh and Bethany’s story. I have had a soft spot for Josh since the North Security books and he didn’t disappoint.

Plenty of chemistry, dual POV and flashbacks made for a fast paced read that had me flipping the pages. Definitely recommend.

I received an arc of this book.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Lover (Betrothed #3)
  • Husband (Betrothed #2)
  • Spark (Web of Desire, #1)
  • The Doctor Will See You
  • Longing to Hold (Hard to Love #0.5)
  • House of Scarlett (Legend Trilogy Book 2)
  • Tempted to Kiss (Hard to Love #3)
  • Savage Hunger (Savage Trilogy #1)
  • Love in Due Time (Green Valley Library, #1)
  • Stolen Lies (Truths and Lies, #2)
  • Royal Playboy (Playboy Royal, #1)
  • Iron Crowne
  • Butterfly in Frost
  • Desperate to Touch (Hard to Love #2)
  • The Fight for Forever (Legend Trilogy Book 3)
  • The Bitter and Sweet of Cherry Season: A Novel
  • Devious Lies (Cruel Crown, #1)
  • London Soul (London Royal #2)