Start by marking “The Murder Game (Stephanie King #2)” as Want to Read:
The Murder Game (Stephanie King #2)

The Murder Game

(Stephanie King #2)

A BRAND NEW STEPHANIE KING NOVEL, FROM THE +3 MILLION COPY-BESTSELLING QUEEN OF PSYCHOLOGICAL THRILLERS

A year ago today, we all gathered for Lucas's wedding at his glorious Cornish home overlooking the sea.

But no one was married that day.

Now Lucas has invited us back to celebrate the anniversary. But the anniversary of what? The wedding that never happened, or the

Expected publication: April 16th 2020 by Wildfire

To ask other readers questions about The Murder Game, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Murder Game

Start your review of The Murder Game (Stephanie King #2)
Puddlyduck
Dec 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs, crime, mystery, thriller

The Murder Game is a fantastically compelling read with an interesting cast of characters and interesting hook. Lucas’ invitation to his guests to play his elaborate game seems somewhat inappropriate. What would they have to celebrate?

The story begins with one of our main characters (and through whose eyes we experience the majority of the book) and her husband on the road. Their relationship is fraught and she’s clearly reluctant to attend the game. Why can’t Lucas simply be refused? The book
Shellbertina Otter
Jan 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved the first Stephanie King book, this one blows your mind. It's a brilliant psychological, murder mystery, suspense novel. It's totally gripping and keeps you on the edge of your seat and guessing all the way to the end. The ending is utterly brilliant. It's like a twisted game of Cludo. I can't wait for book three in this awesome series. Rachel Abbott is one of my favourite authors. I'd highly recommend.
Hazel
Dec 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2019
Reading Stuff 'n' Things

What a great read this is! I haven't read any of Rachel's books before but I certainly will in the future if this book is anything to go by. This is the second in the series featuring Stephanie King but I don't think it essential to have read the first ... I haven't and it didn't detract from my experience at all so I feel this can be read as a standalone but will definitely think about reading the first to get some additional background.

In this book, a group of friends
Karen
Jan 19, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed the first book in this series so was looking forward to reading this one!
This was a really good murder mystery story with an excellent cast of characters and set in a huge house that made the whole thing feel a bit like if Agatha Christie was playing a game of Cluedo!
Gripping, twisty and leaving me guessing every other page as to who had done what and when, I definitely recommend this as an entertaining read!
Calenmarwen
Dec 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Original and well written murder mystery.
Kerry Henderson
Dec 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A group of friends gather for a wedding but tragedy strikes, a year later and they are all together again but the host has a game planned to learn the truth. Can Stephanie King figure out the truth from all the lies about what really happened the previous year.

This was a fascinating read. The plot intrigued me from the very beginning and there are some amazing twists in the story. I could not figure out all of them making it an even better read. The final truth was well executed and makes you
Amanda Varley
Jools
Nov 16, 2019
Beverley Lydiate
Nov 22, 2019

• Hold Your Tongue (DI Eve Hunter, #1)
  • Nine Elms (Kate Marshall, #1)
  • A Nearly Normal Family
  • The Farm
  • The Prison Doctor
  • First Blood (D.I. Kim Stone, #12)
  • The House on Cold Hill (House on Cold Hill, #1)
  • The Other Wife
  • Here To Stay
  • The Dilemma
  • Sleeper's Castle
  • All The Rage (DI Adam Fawley, #4)
  • Messy, Wonderful Us
  • The Beast of Buckingham Palace
  • Sister of Mine
  • The Incredible yet True Adventures of Alexander von Humboldt: The Greatest Inventor-Naturalist-Scientist-Explorer Who Ever Lived
  • Paranoia
  • The Man in the Woods
I was born and brought up in the north of England, and worked for many years as the managing director of an interactive media company. I wrote every day - everything from creative proposals to user manuals - but most exciting of all was writing interactive dramas - including for the Cluedo (Clue in the US) interactive games. I was fortunate enough to sell my company in 2000 and we moved to Italy ...more

Stephanie King (2 books)
  • And So It Begins (Stephanie King #1)