Jump to ratings and reviews

Vera's Still Point

Vera Curran is in love with her own repression. She's a 40-year-old lesbian librarian from a rural county in Virginia who follows the same insipid routine day in and day out. Vera hasn't had sex for years - and has forgotten exactly why. Then out of nowhere there is a new member of the faculty - Frankie Bourdon.

280 pages, Paperback

First published July 1, 2006

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Ruth Perkinson

7 books6 followers
Ruth Perkinson has a degree in English Education from Virginia Commonwealth University and taught both English and Creative Writing in Richmond, Virginia for many years.

She is a student of A Course in Miracles and meets with her study group each Monday night at the Unitarian Universalist Church in Glen Allen. Through her life experiences as a teacher, a spiritual seeker (and finder), and an advocate for the underdog, Perkinson has written six books: five novels and one non-fiction book. The latest is a book on spirituality called Spirit Home.

When she isn’t working part-time at St. Thomas’ Church, she is writing, dog walking or meditating on thoughts that inspire her. One dream is getting a movie made about her second book, Piper’s Someday. The story about a young girl, a dog, and the journey of a lifetime.

For more information on A Course in Miracles, please use the following address or click on the links: Foundation for Inner Peace, P.O. Box 598, Mill Valley, California 94942-0598: www.acim.org and info@acim.org.

If you purchase the newest edition, please find a study group in your area to assist you with the language of the text. It is MUCH easier this way;)

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
2 (9%)
Displaying 1 - 3 of 3 reviews
154 reviews
October 11, 2021
This was a tough one because pretty early on a key aspect of the story is revealed and.. it isn't good.
I read lesbian stories for the satisfying ending and I don't really like to be disappointed/heartbroken.
I did like the writing style but .. yeah... this isn't a happy place.
Profile Image for Barrett.
Author 28 books46 followers
December 23, 2011
Ruth Perkinson brings her unforgettable characters to life. "Vera's Still Point" is a tightly woven, layered story with ecentric and endearing characters. Bittersweet and touching. It left me rooting through my memory box for Still points.
Profile Image for Ulla.
994 reviews3 followers
Read
March 12, 2017
I liked this book very much. Very different, very intensive!
Displaying 1 - 3 of 3 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.