Start by marking “Incendiary (Hollow Crown, #1)” as Want to Read:
Incendiary (Hollow Crown, #1)

Incendiary

(Hollow Crown #1)

I am Renata Convida.
I have lived a hundred stolen lives.
Now I live my own.

Renata Convida was only a child when she was kidnapped by the King's Justice and brought to the luxurious palace of Andalucia. As a Robari, the rarest and most feared of the magical Moria, Renata's ability to steal memories from royal enemies enabled the King's Wrath, a siege that resulted in the
Expected publication: April 28th 2020 by Disney-Hyperion

To ask other readers questions about Incendiary, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Incendiary

Start your review of Incendiary (Hollow Crown, #1)
Zoraida
Jul 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: my-books
UPDATE 11/27/19:
We have ARCs! If you've like a chance at a copy contact dpw.publicity@disney.com or request via Netgalley or Edelweiss if you're a librarian/bookseller.

________

UPDATE 9/8/19:

The cover will be revealed 9/9/19 on B&N teen blog!

_____

I haven't talked about this book enough. We now have an official date April 28th, 2020! A *fiery* cover is coming soon ;)

If you've been waiting and watching, just know that I've been working on it for the last two years. We sold it in 2017 and
Sabrina
May 22, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition

“...loosely based on the Spain of the 15th century, reimagining the Inquisition...”

Assassin’s Creed anyone?

Nilufer Ozmekik
I already gave my votive offerings to the Ancient Gods and performed ritual dances when I lost my hope of request's acceptance from my Fairy God Mother NetGalley and Goodreads Giveaway campaigns! It's torturous to wait for the normal release date. I wish I had a soul to sale for early reading chance of this book!
Ellie (faerieontheshelf)
this sounds wicked af and I’m so excited because “inspired by Inquisition-era Spain” HELLO TAKE MY MONEY??? Also I’ve been dying to start reading something by this author for agessss so I’m v excited
Elise (TheBookishActress)
a thief getting revenge on the royal family. 15th Century Spain and the inquisition. guys, holy crap.
Kat Cho
Jan 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A book filled with intrigue, secrets, spies and complicated relationships. With a memory thief at the center you know it's going to be a lot of secrets and twists and turns! Add in Zoraida Cordova's beautiful writing and ability to give us a gorgeous slow burn romance, and this will be one of your favorite new YA fantasies for sure!
Holden
Oct 10, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
15th century Spain??? Sign me up!
Nat ⭐
Nov 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book isn’t even out yet and I already need the sequel. ZORAIDA, HOW COULD YOU????

TW: [fade-to-black and passing mentions of] sex; graphic depictions of violence, murder, and torture.
♠ TABI ♠
May 04, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
all right, while I wasn't a fan of the author's previous works . . . THIS LOOKS HELLA FINE OKAY??
Shorouk Abd Elhamed
Jan 13, 2020 marked it as anticipated-2020  ·  review of another edition
Pre reading:
Spain + Royal =Add on my most anticipated TBR
Cindy ✩☽ Savage Queen ♔
Ooo I much prefer the burgundy cover to the one being used for the US publication, so I hope Bookdepository will have it available for purchase
Bria
Dec 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was so excited to get my hands on an ARC of this book and I was not disappointed! I love Ren as a main character and the world building is aces. I also always really love it when an author seeds just enough hints about the twist throughout the story that I figure it out a little before the reveal (but I won’t say more than that!) Definitely make sure this book is on your radar for April when it comes out.
Adriana Martinez Figueroa
*screams into the void*
I am speechless.
Brynn Gibson
I was so excited to receive this book at Yallfest. It starts off at the beginning with a spy covering for another spy. Chaos ensues. Then you meet the main characters. You learn a bit about the magic system. Then then author does some straight up George R. R. Martin. You're like whoa. Then it becomes a story of revenge. It was very thrilling and exciting then moved into a slow burn. It was almost as if you're reading the sequel to the book you originally started. All you want is to see the MC ...more
Kat
#Incendiary
#NetGalley
Another great book from Zoraida Cordova. I exciting and dangerous fantasy that young adults will thoroughly enjoy.
Kat
#Incendiary
#NetGalley
Glasstown Entertainment
Epic, sweeping, and utterly romantic. You won't be able to put this down!
Simone
Nov 30, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Earlier last week, I did a promotion for Incendiary by Zoraida Cordova. I was so excited about this book that I decided to read it right there and then even though the book comes out in April 2020. While I absolutely loved this book, I struggled with sharing my thoughts way too soon. However, looking at Goodreads, I can see a few folks have already read the book and since it was offered as a giveaway ARC at YallFest, some folks have already written their reviews. So, what's stopping me?

But you
Sheri
Dec 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow! This is a long book but very much worth the read!
Summary:
I am Renata Convida. I have lived a hundred stolen lives. Now I live my own.

Renata was only a child when she was kidnapped by the King’s Justice and brought to the luxurious palace of Andalucia. As a memory thief, the rarest and most feared of the magical Moria, Renata was used by the crown to carry out the King’s Wrath, a siege that resulted in the deaths of thousands of her own people.

Now Renata is one of the Whispers, rebel spies
Ninoshka
Jan 22, 2020 added it
Shelves: dnf, a-r-c
*I received this ARC from the Disney Book Group through Netgalley in exchange for an honest review*

I don't know how I can begin to explain my feelings about this book.The beginning was interesting and captured my attention almost immediately. There was magic, and secrets, and a war against people. I needed to know more. Then we immediately jump into the story where we meet our main characters and get thrown all this information about the world and the past and suddenly I completely regretted
Meghan
Nov 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: library
This book was received as an ARC from Disney Book Group - Disney-Hyperion in exchange for an honest review. Opinions and thoughts expressed in this review are completely my own.

At first this book was massively confusing at first learning about Renata and her past of stolen lives and now that she has settled in on her own, chaos erupts. Now she becomes one of the Whisperers, a rebel group that is destined to takeover and fight against the crown. This book is also packed with a lot of drama when
Dawn
Dec 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ren has magical powers. She can take away memories from people. The memories she takes, she keeps and they sometimes haunt her.
She is part of a group of magical people called the Whispers. They are trying to save others like themselves from their king who is killing magical people as fast as he can find them.
The king however does keep a few magical people for his own use. Ren’s ability is rare and she had already belonged to him before she escaped. Back then, her “uncle” took care of her and
Dee
Jan 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
~~ I received an ARC of Incendiary from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review ~~

Wow. I remember the feeling of reading Zoraida Cordova’s Vast and Brutal Sea trilogy and being completely sucked into the world building, her characters and the twists and turns of her narrative. I’m so pleased to say that Incendiary is no different. Renata is a complex character and the characters around her all carry the weight of personal tribulation and trauma. I absolutely loved the plot and honestly did
Sammy
Nov 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Straight up GMM-ish in the beginning. I would have liked the middle to be a bit faster but I can see how Renata is continuing the mission that her old team was supposed to carry out. She has to be smart about it but the whole time I just wanted her to be reunited with the prince.

I'm ready for the sequel because even though I guessed the ending I still liked the way it was written.

Early copy received through Edelwiess.
Tânia
I only noticed that the cover of Incendiary has already been revealed and I'm so in love with it. Stunning! It just made me even more excited about this story loosely inspired by the Spanish inquisition.

Blog // Instagram // Twitter // Redbubble
Beccalou73
Jan 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
*This book was given to me by NetGalley in return for an honest review*

Oh man, this book. Filled with magic, spies, betrayal, and heartbreak. The perfect combo to keep me up until 3 in the morning. I devoured it how will I make it until the next??!
Lindsey
Jan 05, 2020 rated it liked it
I will most likely purchase this title for my library, but I cannot seem to get into it. I am 43% into this title, but I cannot force myself to sit down and read it. I like it when I am reading it, but it doesn't make me want to continue when I stop.

I received an advanced reader copy from NetGalley
Georgina
Nov 14, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020-releases
This is gonna be one of those 'the cover made me buy it' scenarios.
HOLY CRAP
Doris Raines
NICE BOOK.
Xandra (Literary Legionnaire)
THIS SOUNDS SO INCREDIBLE I'M SO EXCITED

• Ruthless Gods (Something Dark and Holy, #2)
  • The Queen's Assassin (Queen's Secret, #1)
  • Thirteen Doorways, Wolves Behind Them All
  • The Night Country (The Hazel Wood, #2)
  • All the Stars and Teeth (All the Stars and Teeth, #1)
  • Race to the Sun
  • In Five Years
  • 10 Blind Dates
  • Shine
  • The Queens of Animation
  • Girl, Serpent, Thorn
  • Hush (Hush, #1)
  • The Queen of Nothing (The Folk of the Air, #3)
  • The Life and (Medieval) Times of Kit Sweetly
  • The Kingdom of Back
  • The Deep
  • The Shadows Between Us
  • Frozen Beauty
Zoraida Córdova is the author of many fantasy novels including Star Wars: A Crash of Fate, the Brooklyn Brujas series, and The Vicious Deep trilogy. Her novel Labyrinth Lost won the International Book Award for Best Young Adult Novel in 2017. Her short fiction has appeared in the New York Times bestselling anthology Star Wars: From a Certain Point of View, and Toil & Trouble: 15 Tales of Women ...more

Hollow Crown (2 books)
  • Untitled (Hollow Crown, #2)