Start by marking “The Pioneer Woman Cooks: The New Frontier: 112 Fantastic Favorites for Everyday Eating” as Want to Read:

The #1 New York Times bestselling author and Food Network favorite The Pioneer Woman cooks up exciting new favorites from her life on the ranch in this glorious full-color cookbook that showcases home cooking at its most delicious (and most fun!).

Welcome to Ree’s new frontier! So much has happened on Drummond Ranch over the last couple of years: The kids are growing up,

Published October 22nd 2019 by William Morrow Cookbooks

To ask other readers questions about The Pioneer Woman Cooks, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Pioneer Woman Cooks

Start your review of The Pioneer Woman Cooks: The New Frontier: 112 Fantastic Favorites for Everyday Eating
Susan
Nov 17, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library
Sad.......I've always loved her cookbooks but this one seemed to fall flat. I think some of the recipes were repeats from previous cookbooks as well. I did save two of them but I'm glad I got this cookbook from the library and didn't buy it.
KC
What I will say about this book is that the pages are laid out nicely w easy to follow instructions and pictures. The recipes are more traditional and she does love her meat. Not many options for this household.
Amy
Oct 31, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
First, let me say, that this is a great book - typical Ree - showcasing recipes, with step by step instructions and pictures (that go along to show each step) for producing said recipes, and if you are new to this game or have a lot of people to cook for, then I highly recommend this!

However, as someone who has read pretty much everything she has ever produced, I found some of the recipes to be repeats. Also, most of her recipes are for 6-8 or 8-10 services. There are very few recipes that only
Karen
Oct 22, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I have to say that I am disappointed. My favorite cookbook is the first one, The Pioneer Woman Cooks, followed by The Pioneer Woman Cooks: A year of Holidays. I have bought all five hard copies and I am sad to say this is my last.

The recipes are uninspiring and there are only a handful that I thought might be good, but they seem forgettable. Animal cookies, pop tarts, egg salad a million ways, fried red tomatoes (not in the South, honey), Spiked spa water, seriously?! There are a lot of misses
Kate Guinan
Oct 14, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I really like many of her early recipes and some have become standards for me. But this one has little to offer, I think. This feels like she's grasping to come up with new ideas by throwing things together. and her good ol' cowgirl (homeschooling, football, ranchin' and jeezus) shtick is becoming tiresome. I'm disappointed.
Anke
Nov 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Got this today, read it in one sitting and now I'm hungry:)
Tena Edlin
Nov 09, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookbook
These cookbooks are always beautiful and entertaining. The recipes, for the most part, didn’t seem to ring my bell as much as the other Pioneer Woman cookbooks, but I still enjoyed reading it.
Sandy
Nov 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I just love Ree. You just want to be her friend and sit down and have a meal with her and her family. There were not any recipes in this book that I would make but I loved reading about them and looking at the pics.
T
3.5 stars because pictures. Lots and lots of pictures. Otherwise, I found most recipes to be pretty blasé and uninspired. For a cookbook with over 100 recipes, there were very few I would want to try out and see if they’re good enough for my usual rotation.
Maria
Nov 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I don't generally like celebrity anything, but I ordered this on a whim and I was happy I did. Like Drummond I have a household of teenage athletes and meal planning for both State and Junior Olympic athletes is at the minimum a part time job. I took a nutrition class last year and I decided to impliment some of the things I learned into my athletes meals, and I noticed they made significant athletic gains. These recipes were written for hungry athletic teenagers, and this is exactly what I am ...more
Nov 04, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved her first two cookbooks, and this really doesn't stack up that well compared to them. I still lover her conversational tone, and hearing about her family and daily life (which has also changed a lot). But these recipes aren't as homey; they're more modern, but not truly modern - modern-for-Ree, which isn't really the Ree I expect. The drinks chapter was kind of a throwaway; I liked the appetizers and seafood best. Her pictures are still great; and her tone is very warm; but I don't know ...more
Melanie
Oct 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Rainy Day books had Ree Drummond appear for a talk at the Unity Temple located on the Plaza in Kansas City, MO. We paid to attend the event and got a signed copy of this book as we left. As her two daughters have flew the nest to attend college and the dynamics of the ranch are now a man cave the style of cooking is also changing. She tried KETO for a short time and has incorporated some low carb recipes - she said she quit because it was making her hate many of the foods she loved before the ...more
Nicole
Nov 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookbooks
Not your normal Pioneer Woman cookbook. However, the reader is warned by her title of "The New Frontier". She includes a lot of drinks, desserts, and appetizer recipes. I love that she prefaces recipes with notes on lower cards, great to freeze, make ahead, etc. I will be freezing recipes for the winter and making meals the night before are great for during the work week.

Her photos are beautiful throughout the book. I love photos of her kids and her life on the ranch. Her life is so filled with
Jessica
Nov 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookbooks-2019
I've always loved Ree Drummond and her show and recipes, but many of them are so high calorie that you would need to be working cattle all day to eat like that. However, in The New Frontier many of her recipes are healthier, lower-carb, etc. while still including more indulgent recipes as well. And as is her cookbook signature, all the recipes have tons of step-by-step photographs to go along with the instructions. There are definitely a few recipes I'd like to try. Overall, another great ...more
Jocelyn DeShon
First off, I must say I'm a huge Pioneer Woman fan! But, sadly, this cook book was not great. I've seen almost all of the recipes on her food network show already, but they are supposed to be new. I found 4 recipes that I would like to try. That's it. Sorry, Ree I still love you! I will say that the pictures and the steps are very clear and helpful. This would be a good cookbook for people who aren't great cooks and need help the whole way. I'm glad I didn't buy this and just checked it out at ...more
Sarah Cook
This is the first, and maybe only, time I will ever say that a cookbook has TOO MANY pictures. I did not like the layout of the instructions with one hundred photos, and a lot of the photos were of a 90’s cookbook quality. To be fair, I only picked this up at the library because it was new, not because I love her recipes. I do have a few from her early years that we have adapted and use frequently (the Marlboro man sandwiches became a meal we serve over rice). I wasn’t wowed by anything, but ...more
Andee
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Typical Ree...and I mean that in only the best possible way. Beautiful book, beautiful food, beautiful life, beautiful lady and family. I had the pleasure of having my book signed by The Pioneer Woman herself, on the CA leg of her book tour. Ree was even prettier in person, and could not have been any nicer or more gracious if she tried.

I wish her all the success in the world. She’s certainly earned it and deserves every bit it.
Kelly Miller
The cookbook is laid out nicely,and there are alot of simple recipes. I tried my first recipe, Slow Cooker Butter Chicken, and found the end results were bland, but it was not hard. Leftovers the next day tasted a lot better than the initial cooking. While I find pictures helpful, there are so many of them that it makes it hard to follow instructions. I do own a few other of her cookbooks as well, so should have been expecting all of the pictures.
Rebecca
Oct 24, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cooking
Pictures of recipes? Yes.
Commentary on recipes? Yes.
Nutrition facts? No.
Recipe Style? Midwestern with a lot of Tex-Mex influences.
Any keepers? No.

Not my favorite PW cookbook. This one seems to include a lot more vegetable centered dishes, which makes it seem a bit healthier than some of her others.
Amanda
Nov 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is probably the first cookbook ever that I want to make almost everything in it especially the dessert section. I love Ree because her recipes are perfect for families especially picky eaters. I also love some of her spins on foods that my family wouldn't normally eat, but they love her versions. Her recipes are also really easy to turn dairy-free, huge bonus for me!
Ladan
Nov 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cook-books
I almost didn’t buy this book because of some of the reviews. However last night after looking through it in the store, I decided to buy it. I absolutely love it and I cannot put it down. I have not made anything out of it yet, but I will as soon as I can. Meanwhile I am enjoying reading it.
Kirsten
Nov 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love the Pioneer Woman!
This book continues with her full color photos for step by step instructions. I like how there are recipes for every meal of the day, including some vegetarian dishes. A joy to read, and I'm sure a joy in the kitchen.
Lisa Suit
Oct 25, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2019
I enjoyed this. Some of the recipes are a little outlandish that I wouldn't make, but most of them are the same delicious sort of recipes I expect to get from Ree! Will update when I've actually cooked some of the recipes.
Skourik
Not the same

I have every cookbook she has written and enjoy many of the recipes. This one is not my favorite as I do not use a crock pot or an instant book.
Carla
Oct 23, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookbook
The photographs are beautiful and it's nice to have step-by-step pictures.
But, there aren't too many recipes in this book that my family would eat...
Evelyn
Nov 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019-read-books
It’s a beautiful book and there are some recipes in it. Over the years she’s adjusted herself to carb craze, instant pots and lighter foods. I enjoy Ree. There are a few recipes I might try.
Mandy Hakemian claerhout
Good recipes

• Rachael Ray 50: Memories and Meals from a Sweet and Savory Life: A Cookbook
  • Antoni in the Kitchen
  • Bobby at Home: Fearless Flavors from My Kitchen: A Cookbook
  • Delish Insane Sweets: Bake Yourself a Little Crazy: 100+ Cookies, Bars, Bites, and Treats
  • Cake Pops: Tips, Tricks, and Recipes for More Than 40 Irresistible Mini Treats
  • 25 Easy Thanksgiving Recipes: Delicious Thanksgiving Recipes Cookbook (Simple and Easy Thanksgiving Recipes)
  • Eat at Home Tonight: 101 Deliciously Simple Dinner Recipes for Even the Busiest Family Schedule
  • The Official Downton Abbey Cookbook
  • Skillet Love: From Steak to Cake: More Than 150 Recipes in One Cast-Iron Pan
  • Taste of Home Copycat Restaurant Favorites: Restaurant Faves Made Easy at Home
  • Martha Stewart's Cookie Perfection: 100+ Recipes to Take Your Sweet Treats to the Next Level: A Baking Book
  • Vegetables Unleashed: A Cookbook
  • Finding Chika: A Little Girl, an Earthquake, and the Making of a Family
  • Better Homes and Gardens New Cook Book
  • When Life Gives You Pears: The Healing Power of Family, Faith, and Funny People
  • The Taste of Home Cookbook
  • Giada's Kitchen: New Favorites from Everyday Italian
  • Home Work: A Memoir of My Hollywood Years
Ree Drummond began blogging in 2006 and has built an award-winning website, where she shares recipes, showcases her photography, and documents her hilarious transition from city life to ranch wife. She is the author of the #1 New York Times bestselling cookbook The Pioneer Woman Cooks. Ree lives on a working cattle ranch near Pawhuska, Oklahoma, with her husband, Ladd; their four kids; their ...more