Start by marking “The Christmas Witch” as Want to Read:
The Christmas Witch

The Christmas Witch

Misfiring spells. A gorgeous new boss. Looks like this Christmas will be magic...

The festive season isn't Mina Rosso's favourite time of year. It reminds her that as a descendant of La Befana - Italy's Christmas witch - she's cursed to forever be unlucky in love... Her plan this Christmastime is to lie low, keeping her secret identity under wraps as usual, and do what
Published November 1st 2019 by Escape Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Christmas Witch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Christmas Witch

Start your review of The Christmas Witch
Lee
I always enjoy Caruso’s books and this one had a lot of her trademark touches.

For starters, Italians. I adored this aspect. Our lead, Mina, is supposedly a descendant of La Befana, a legendary witch who delivered gifts a'la Santa. Her Italian family's over the top quirks fit in perfectly with the book’s imaginary magical community of witches.

Caruso once again set the book in her hometown of Adelaide which I also liked. Caruso needs to get paid by their tourist board as I always want to go there
Theresa Smith
Who doesn’t love a good old-fashioned Christmas rom-com? Well, normally me, to be honest, but this one was a little bit different. Think Bewitched, think Practical Magic, think Charmed, and you’ll be coming close to the themes of The Christmas Witch.

Mina, our main character in the Christmas Witch, is a descendant from a legendary Italian Christmas Witch called La Befana. She’s considered a red witch, which is in layman’s terms, a good witch. Mina is very much a Mother Earth type of witch. She’s
Stef (Noveltea Corner)
(I received a copy of this book from Netgalley in exchange for review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.)

The Christmas Witch, by Carla Caruso, is a Christmas rom-com with paranormal elements thrown in, and is an easy-to-read story set in Adelaide. The main character, Mina, works in an antique store and everything’s going fine for this young witch until her boss’ son, Jadon, arrives to take over the management of the store, which throws Mina for a curveball. Jadon is smart, successful and
Shelagh
Dec 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Christmas Witch is a delightful, frothy fantasy romantic comedy, which is perfect for those moments when you just want to smile or laugh without taking your reading too seriously.
Set in the Adelaide hills, this story features Mina, a white witch, who doesn’t believe she’ll ever be able to have a happy ever after because she’s witch. She’s jealous of her sister, who isn’t, and who is getting married as the story opens. Min is utterly endearing. She talks to plants, sees auras, and thanks the
Faith
Dec 02, 2019 rated it liked it
This is a story of a witch from a family of witches but there is one daughter who is normal. Mina, a witch, works in an antique store and some of her “ powers” are hearing plants speak and seeing auras around furniture. This I liked.

Two main themes seem to emerge a sister’s wedding and a son determined to bring the antiques store into the present, including making a profit.

What wedding ever goes along according to plan? Mina’s sister’s didn’t; untangling everything made for entertaining fun.

Carrie
Nov 17, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019
This book has a sprinkle of Christmas magic in with some plant witchery to make for an interesting twist on your typical paranormal romance.

Mina is a plant witch and comes from a line of very quirky and strange witches. They blend with their neighbors as much as some very interesting folks could, but they are forever making mistakes and having to cover their powers. A group of evil witches in town, however, are blending in some bad and very wrong ways. Mina, as ever the peacekeeper, is working
Carole Rae
Oct 25, 2019 rated it liked it
I couldn't resist picking this up. The title, the cover, the summary. Sounds perfect.

The story follows Mina who is a witch and it is Xmas season. She is cursed to be forever unlucky in love. Her plan is to keep low and spread the goodwill. Well...with the arrival of her boss's son, Jadon will toss all plans array. He is a hottie, but he has arrogant plans to overhaul her antique shop.

This was a fun story. Short, cute, and fun. A little topping of cheesy. A perfect quick read for the season.

Marisa
Oct 08, 2019 rated it liked it
The Christmas Witch was a good story, not so much Christmassy as the title suggests. The plot line was good and the characters were funny. At times the world was robust and full of color and at other times it was a bit one dimensional and monochromatic. It was hard for me to really connect with the characters but I enjoyed them and the plot line enough to finish.

Thank you to Netgalley for this ARC for my honest review.
Karen Roma
Oct 25, 2019 rated it liked it
The Christmas Witch was an enjoyable story, even though the title is somewhat misleading, as there is very little Christmassy about this book. That said, I liked the characters, the overall world building and the fun and light-hearted moments throughout the plot. This was my first read by Carla Caruso, but I would definitely read another of her books.
Cherry
Oct 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book! The writing was fresh and vibrant, I loved the witchy/magical aspect, and the characters were great. Definitely looking forward to more titles by this author!
I received a free digital copy of this book from NetGalley, but the opinions expressed are my own.
Cali Jewel
Nov 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Highly entertaining, emotionally thrilling, action packed and engaging adventure filled with intriguing charters, witty banter, exciting twists and turns..... was a great read from beginning to end. Really enjoyed this journey!
Barbara Cotton
Oct 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
I laughed, I cried, I got mad, but I really liked this book. The characters were well thought out, they meshed together. I think the Christmas theme was great. If you want to read a good Christmas read, this is your story.
Dani(elle)
Nov 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Very cute. It is like a very slightly saucier version of The Good Witch but set in Australia. A little light on the plot side of things, but perfect if you are looking for a slice of life romance with a dash of magic.
Annarella
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An unusual Christmas story, well written and engrossing.
I liked the plot, the cast of characters and the setting.
I look forward to reading other books by this author.
Highly recommended!
Many thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for this ARC, all opinions are mine.
🌈⭐️RoseOfRainbows⭐️🌈💕
This author’s unconventional approach to Christmas reads has paid off. It’s a story fit for the upcoming season and has a marvelous plot line. It had me hook, line and sinker. 5/5 stars for a “not your average” Christmas story.
Lovely Loveday
The Christmas Witch by Carla Caruso is a magical holiday read that is full of mystery, drama, and lots of spells. Can the magic of the season bring everyone together or will misfiring spells ruin everything? A fascinating story that you will not want to put down. ...more
Karen Machamer
Nov 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review. Highly recommend this book to everyone. Can't wat to read more from this author.
Carolyn
Jessica
Dec 08, 2019
Nicole Bannister
Dec 24, 2019

• A Wicked Hunger (Creatures of Darkness #1)
  • Red Awakening (Red Zone, #2)
  • Josephine's Garden
  • The Diamond Hunter
  • Her Christmas Kisses (Rainbow Cove Christmas, #2)
  • The Urban Sketching Handbook: 101 Sketching Tips: Tricks, Techniques, and Handy Hacks for Sketching on the Go
  • A Cowboy Like You (Heart of Texas #4)
  • Up on Horseshoe Hill
  • Chosen Mate (Crescent Moon #9)
  • Selkies are a Girl's Best Friend (Mystic Bayou, #3)
  • Cry of the Firebird
  • Return to Stringybark Creek (The Callahans of Stringybark Creek #3)
  • Accidental Knight
  • Bodyguard to the Billionaire (Billionaire Duet, #1)
  • Awaken the Dragon (The Legion, #1)
  • Bishop's Queen (Endgame Trilogy, #2)
  • The Living Canvas (Master of Trickery Duet, #2)
Carla Caruso was born in Adelaide, Australia, and only ‘escaped’ for three years to work as a magazine journalist and fashion stylist in Sydney.
Previously, she was a gossip columnist and fashion editor at Adelaide’s daily newspaper, The Advertiser. She has since freelanced for titles including Woman’s Day, That’s Life and Marie Claire.
These days, she writes fiction in between playing mum to twin