Start by marking “Cowboy's Pride (A Big Sky Short Story)” as Want to Read:
Cowboy's Pride (A Big Sky Short Story)

Cowboy's Pride

(Big Sky)

He's made something of himself and, in spite of herself, she likes what she sees.

Rosalie George hasn't been back to the lakeside tourist town of Paulson, Montana, for years. She's got her reasons -- damned good ones. But this year her family wouldn't let her miss the annual cherry festival, so in an effort to appease the people who loved her so well through so much, she's bac
Published August 13th 2019 by She of the Wild

To ask other readers questions about Cowboy's Pride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cowboy's Pride

Start your review of Cowboy's Pride (A Big Sky Short Story)
Sassy Angel
Aug 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a great story. I love this latest series from the Flirt Club and Poppy Parkes. I couldn't get enough about this story.

Rosalie is going home for the Cherry Festival after being away for several years. Things seem not to be going her way and she ends up at a luxury camping resort. She runs into Jess who is the owner and went to school with her. Jess has loved her for years but didn't think that they would ever have a shot. Will this time be different?

I received a f
poppy
Aug 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
A great read from Poppy and a super addition to the multi-author series. This is Rosalie and Jess story these two knew each other in school and Jess has had feelings for her for years. This is Rosalie's first time back in town in years and he owns the resort she is staying at. I liked these two together but she does not intend to stay and he does not see himself leaving town
Susanne Scott
Aug 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
What a beautiful story. So much packed into one short novella. I really enjoyed unraveling Rosalies story. It was tragic and sad but what a happy ending. Jess is simply perfection. I loved that he silently loved her from a far, watching and helping her family when she wasn’t there. It was just as if he was waiting for her to come back to him. The love they have for each other is beautiful.

lf
Aug 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Take me where I can see the stars..........

Rosalie is an overworked online magazine owner and publisher of The Simple Life, and living in NYC. She has promised her family that she will go back to her hometown of Paulson, Montana to visit for the annual Cherry Festival. This lady's travel plans do not go the way they were meant to as the rental car company lost her reservation, the only 5 Star hotel in Paulson also lost her reservation, she cannot stay with family and all the other good hotels are full
Amy
Aug 13, 2019 rated it really liked it

It was a cute book. Rosalie left the small town of Paulson and never looked back. Jess never left and has made something of himself right in Paulson. It’s a pretty short book, and it could have been awesome.

Girl comes home, boy woos her, boy gets girl, the end. Cute enough unless you think too hard. Because:

Then you wonder why she’s not staying with family (her reasons in the book seem flimsy)? You know nothing about Jess’s family... where are they? I
Julianne Macneil
Aug 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
i read this book as part of an arc program. This is a book in the Big Sky series written by The Flirt Club, a group of various authors. In this book, Rosalie left her small town and now lives in New York, running an on-line magazine. When Rosalie returns home for a vacation for the first time, nothing goes right for her. At the airport, her rental car was cancelled and her hotel room was given away. Rosalie is very angry and tells the hotel clerk to find her a room somewhere. He calls Starwood R ...more
Lauren
Oct 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cowboy’s pride is a novella in the ‘’a big sky’’ series. This story is short, fast paced and an enjoyable read. I read this book in one sitting and was satisfied throughout. I found the writing style easy to follow, the characters likeable and the storyline enjoyable. Rosalie George hasn’t been back to her hometown for years. When her family push again for her to come home for a visit she reluctantly agrees. After a series of mishaps with her bookings, she ends up reuniting with someone from her ...more
Debbie Caswell
Aug 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Once again the flirt club a group of authors all writing books that revolve a single town or situation have done it written a series that draws us in and keeps so engaged They are all short stories that are perfect for those times when you want something fast. This is their latest offering all the books in this series revolve around the town of Paulson Montana and the cowboys that call it home.

This is Jess and Rosalie's story she fled Paulson when he felt she was to blame for her fat
Marianela Aybar (Mari Loves Books Blog)
I’ve been falling in love with Poppy Parkes stories and her collaborations with Flirt Club are just as great. Jess and Rosalie are one of my favorite couples. They had some issues to work through as any other relationship and it was beautiful to see them grow and come admit their feelings. I was only a little disappointed in that this wasn’t really a short story. I loved reading their story and ended up not being able to put it down. But it was longer than expected in these collaborations. I loo ...more
Sheila
Aug 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Rosalie left Paulson Montana as soon as she could because of the guilt she felt about her fathers death but she has promised her sisters and aunt and uncle she would come back for the Cherry Festival. Her reservations at the towns resort get mixed up so the resort finds her other lodging at Starwood Clamping which is owned by Jess Porter a old high school friend. Jess sure has changed from the skinny guy to the muscled hunk of a man and all the years she has been gone he has been taking care of ...more
Marichus Real
Aug 13, 2019 rated it liked it
Rosalie left Paulson right after her father died in an accident and never went back to visit her family again.
Jess has always been in Paulson helping people out when they needed it. He is a good, honest man who has contributed largely to make Paulson a well-known place.
A sweet short reading where demons from the past disappeared to make people feel better.
Although I enjoyed the book, it has lots of gaps, lots of info missing as for example: where are Jess’s family? Are they alive or
Michelle
Aug 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Rosalie is back in her hometown of Paulson and she ends up staying at Starwood Rest where the owner just happens to be Jess Porter. He had a crush on her in high school so when he found out she was at Starwood all those feelings came rushing back. Rosalie and Jess's love story is sweet, steamy and I was cheering for them to get their HEA. This is a quick read and a great addition to the Big Sky short story series. I voluntarily reviewed a copy of this book.
Julia Gerard
Aug 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Rosalie hasn't been home in years and after much pressure, came home for the annual festival. She's stayed away because of a tragic incident in her past. But travel plans are messed up, and she ends up staying with the One man who had loved her almost all his life. Some truths are revealed, and Rosalie discovers what she once ran from, she's now running too! A lovely, quick insta- love story, I liked very much! My first ever read of Poppy was enjoyable!
Ashleigh
Oct 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A quick enjoyable read.
I felt that the author had the ability to convey some depth to the personalities of the characters bringing a greater sense of reality to her story.
The writing draws you in and keeps you interested until the end.
The chemistry between the H and h is great plus their attitudes and events going on make the story even richer.

I received a free copy of this book. This review was posted voluntarily.
Jen
Aug 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
A very fun, quick read. Parke's writing style is easily accessible and has a beautiful rhythm to it. She provides visual descriptions that allow the reader to vividly picture the action and characters without becoming too wordy. This short story moves at a perfect pace, allowing the reader to know much about the characters in a very short time span, creating an immediate connection and investment in the story. Cowboy's Pride is worth saddling up for!

QuinnReads
Aug 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Rosalie and Jess went from practical strangers (where one was nursing a MASSIVE high school crush) to insta-lust to insta-love in the span of a day but the steamy melding of their minds ...and bodies... made this a delightful and cute read. This was the first story of Poppy's that I've read but it won't be the last.

I received a free story and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Jenny H
Aug 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed Rosalie and Jess's story. The characters were likable - there were a couple plot inconsistencies - but overall it was well written and enjoyable. Overall a good read - can't wait to read the rest in the Big Sky series.
Michelle Vandal
Love of a lifetime
Rosalie left Paulson as fast as she could and didn't look back. Jess has loved Rosalie for what feels like forever so when she ends up at his resort it feels like fate. Rosalie and Jess have a sexy, sweet love story on their way to their HEA. Great story that made my heart swell.
Sara Oxton
Aug 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Cowboy’s Pride by Poppy Parkes a five-star read that will fill your dreams with stars from above. Rosalie George you are my hero, she made her own way in the world, but it doesn’t matter, she knows what she wants, and she will go for it. Jess Porter why can’t you and your site be real, I would love to come and visit.
Debra Richardson
Aug 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An outstanding and enjoyable fast pace page-turner! The storyline is emotionally deep, well written, and relatable. The characters are likeable with off the charts chemistry between them. Definitely recommended!

Mary
Aug 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a good new story in the "Big Sky" series written by one of the Flirt Club writers. It's a short story and a fairly quick read. This is Rosalie and Jess' story. I like these two and their story. Things don't go as anticipated in their life but do find happiness in the end. It's a sweet, nicely developed love story with a touch of heat.
Yvonne Nelson
Aug 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow

This is a story I wasn't expecting. This book was great and had everything, had me gripped from the start, however did get me at certain points for personal reasons. Well written and highly recommended
Barbara
Aug 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Part of the A Big Sky Short Story series a quick fast story to read about a second chance between Rosalie George and Jess Porter. I enjoyed reading this book. I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Ritu
Aug 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Rosalie reluctantly comes home to visit her family. She reconnects with Jess. I really love the epilogue. Good book, well written!

Jamie
Aug 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’m dead. I just died. This was the sweetest story. Jess is such a strong character. Rosalie is his perfect perfect perfect counterpart. I wish it weren’t just a short read. This made me so happy.

Sydney Springer
Aug 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Rosalie and Jess are cute together! The plot of this short insta-love story was great! The little twists that Poppy Parkes put in there was great!

Heidi
Aug 14, 2019 rated it liked it
Rosalie and Jess story was the up most romantic book iv read in a while its full of sweetness and wholesome love which will make your heart melt.

BooksRLife247
Sep 02, 2019 rated it liked it
This is a sweet quick read. I cannot say that it is my favorite in the series or by this author but it was still a good read.

Raven
Aug 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
It took me a little more than a chapter to get me into this story. It was good once I was felt the connection. The plot and characters were interesting. A quick read good for a slow night.

Trixie
Aug 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The story just made me swoon! I loved how sweet Jess Porter is and how accepting Rosalie is, recognizing the gold in front of her.

Poppy Parkes is the author of sweet and hot love stories, including The Light Between Us and Finding Me and You. Poppy writes, paints, and dreams in Montana, where she raises her two sons. She is in love with luscious color, moon-gazing, and dancing wild. And coffee. And wine. And chocolate. You know how it is.

Visit www.poppyparkes.com for more sassy and scintillating tales.

Big Sky (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • CeeCee's Cowboys: A Big Sky Short Story
  • Cowboy's Cherry (A Big Sky Short Story)
  • Cowboy's Conquest: A Big Sky Short Story
  • Cowboy's Fantasy
  • Cowboy's Heart (A Big Sky Short Story)
  • Cowboy's Kiss
  • Cowboy's Melody (A Big Sky Short Story)
  • Cowboy's Promise
  • Cowboy's Redemption: A Big Sky Short Story
  • Cowboy's Touch (A Big Sky Short Story)