Start by marking “Dark Secret (Darkhaven Saga #1)” as Want to Read:
Dark Secret (Darkhaven Saga #1)

Dark Secret

(Darkhaven Saga #1)

There's no wrath like that of a witch scorned.

Seventeen-year-old spirit witch Ava López is the self-appointed guardian of the witches and humans of Darkhaven, an idyllic village nestled between the forest and the sea. Her watch: vicious and bloodthirsty vampires.

Ava is a novice in the eyes of her coven. If she expects to protect them and the secrecy of their powers,
Expected publication: February 18th 2020 by Waterhouse Press LLC

Win a Copy of This Book

• Dark Secret by Danielle  Rose
    Dark Secret (Darkhaven Saga #1)
    Release date: Feb 18, 2020
    ***SIGNED COPIES***

Enter for a chance to win 1 of 5 signed advance paperback copies of Dark Secret (Dark Haven Book #1) by USA Today best-selling

Format: Print book

Giveaway ends in: a

Availability: 5 copies available, 2389 people requesting

Giveaway dates: Jan 03 - Feb 02, 2020

Countries available: U.S. and Canada

• Friend Reviews

Start your review of Dark Secret (Darkhaven Saga #1)
    Abi
    This review is also at The Rave Library.

A witch who turned into a vampire? That sounds like an interesting idea! Well, while the premise sounds good, the plot kind of fell flat at the second half because nothing interesting happens there.

Sure, Ava is a badass who only wants to help everyone, even breaking the rules when necessary. She's a character to root for, even midway of the book she fell flat. It's because her mind went mush after meeting Jasik. But still, her struggle to become a
    Dawn
    Jan 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    Yet another winning book from Danielle Rose and Waterhouse Press! I, for one, am super excited to know that it is a series and has four more coming out. (Can I have them today?) If you like witches and or vampire novels, then this one is for you! Bravo Ms. Rose, bravo.

Ava was born a spirit witch. Her mother is also a spirit witch. Her grandmother is in charge of the coven, and one day Ava will fill that role too.
    Part of the covens job is to protect the town from vampires. Ava is sent out on
    Meghan
    Dec 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    Shelves: library
    This book was received as an ARC from Waterhouse Press in exchange for an honest review. Opinions and thoughts expressed in this review are completely my own.

This book was a mix of Twilight and Divergent and I loved every page and chapter from beginning to end. After being betrayed and summoned away from her family, Ava is found in captive with the Vampires in which she was tasked to hunt. She is after nothing but revenge on those that have betrayed her. Then when she was with the Vampires she
    Staci Campbell
    That cliff hanger ending though!!! OMG!! I want more of Ava's story to come to paper!! I immediately fell in love with the premise and plot but the writing definitely honed it all together. I'm excited to see were the book goes, although it is a shorter, fast-paced read I thoroughly enjoyed the characters, the world building, and prose!!

Ava has only ever known her coven, and protecting it. But one night a ritual goes awry and Avas life is changed for ever. She also learns that her beloved
    Books
    Jan 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
    Dark Secret is a perfect introductory novella for a series.

It's got a fast paced plot that follows a young witch turned Vampire that is exiled and has to come to terms with her new life living as her old enemy, being cast out by her family and discovering her new Vampire family.

The witch rituals are pretty accurate as far as my pagan friends knowledge is concerned and my high school interest in Wicca. It's nice to know the rituals and processes are accurate to reality despite being a
    Angela Hetzel
    Dec 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
    I'm anxious to see where this story goes. It was a quick read and I was dying for more. Ava being forsaken by her family because she turned into the one thing she sought to kill was devastating. Jasik intrigues me and I'm ready to find out how him and Svz progress. I like this premise and I hope it keeps building because this part left me hanging and hoping for more.
    MaryAnn Costanzo
    Jan 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    Well, as a first time reader of Danielle's I have to say I am pleasantly pleased. The ever stubborn witch turned vampire Ava is still coming to terms with the change of events as a rogue vampire attacks her at every turn. Ava is trying so hard to deny her feelings for the vamp that sired her Jasik. I can't wait for the continuation of her story.
    Ashley
    Dec 17, 2019 rated it it was ok
    This was a quick read. Not much of a story, it had potential but unfortunately fell flat. It went by quickly but nothing really happened.
    Sue
    Dec 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    Wow! Danielle Rose, what an amazing start to a new series! Ava is so fierce and goes through so much! A great read, kept me fully engaged and I absolutely loved it!
    Sara Palmeri Rennard
    Jan 24, 2020
    Cheryl Musfeldt
    Jan 03, 2020
    Rem
    rated it did not like it
    Dec 08, 2019
    Shawna Borman
    Jan 09, 2020
    Doreen Platt
    rated it it was ok
    Jan 04, 2020
    Danielle Rose
    Nov 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
    Amanda Mae
    Roseanna Rivera
    LaTonja

• Reverie
    • Prosper's Demon
    • The Hunt (The Twisted Kingdoms #1)
    • If You Tell: A True Story of Murder, Family Secrets, and the Unbreakable Bond of Sisterhood
    • Night Spinner (Night Spinner, #1)
    • Yes No Maybe So
    • Crown of Coral and Pearl (Crown of Coral and Pearl, #1)
    • Lobizona (Wolves of No World, #1)
    • What Kind of Girl
    • Foul Is Fair
    • One of Us Is Next (One of Us Is Lying, #2)
    • Girl, Serpent, Thorn
    • The Will and the Wilds
    • Kingdom of Spirits (Bleeding Realms: Dragon Blessed #2)
    • I Am Still Alive
    • Ember and Stone (Ena of Ilbrea Book 1)
    • Wrath and Wing
    • Misadventures with a Firefighter
    Dubbed a "triple threat" by readers, Danielle Rose dabbles in many genres, including romance, fantasy, and suspense. The USA Today bestselling author holds a Master of Fine Arts in creative writing from the University of Southern Maine.

For more information about Danielle Rose, visit her website: www.droseauthor.com.

Darkhaven Saga (4 books)