Start by marking “Misadventures with a Firefighter” as Want to Read:

Misadventures with a Firefighter

Cara Murphy is a New York City kindergarten teacher with a bright future and tenure on the horizon, and she won’t let anything—any man—distract her. She’s had her heart broken before, and she won’t make that mistake twice. She’s got her career to focus on, and being single has many, many advantages.

Noah Hughes is a firefighter with a charred heart who heats up every room
Published January 14th 2020 by Waterhouse Press LLC

To ask other readers questions about Misadventures with a Firefighter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Misadventures with a Firefighter

Start your review of Misadventures with a Firefighter
Jessica Morales-Lafaille
This was the first time I read a book by this author. Knowing it was part of the Misadventures series I knew it couldn't be bad. Plus I kept hearing great things about it I had to see what it was about. I'm so very happy I did. I love meeting new authors. I got introduced to Julie and she was so sweet. She told me to sign up for the arc and see if I liked it.

I freaking loved the book from the first page. I couldn't put it down one can't go wrong with a sexy firefighter who is so loving and in
Jessica Alcazar
I see from reading the early reviews of this book that almost every reader has loved almost everything about it .... how? *blinkity blink blink* #twitchy

Kathryn
Dec 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The saying goes ‘there’s no smoke without fire’.... well this book is SMOKIN’ HOT!!

Meet Cara. From a wealthy family the world is truly her oyster, but she thrives as a kindergarten teacher and devoted herself to her job of passion.

Aside from work, Cara enjoys to let loose and love life. This carefree nature can be ideal except when your job that you love is put at risk because of it.

Meet Noah. A perfect specimen with dreamy blue eyes and a smile to thaw ice! This specimen of a man then reveals
TheSassyNerdBlog
Dec 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: top-2019-reads
So, Julie Morgan is a new author to me, so I didn't know what to expect going into this... and I am glad I got the chance to read this. I love this series for this reason.. I have discovered so many new to me authors that I will go on to read more books by them, and I most certainly will be with Ms. Morgan.

Cara is a kindergarten teacher and after having her heart broken once before, she had focused her time on working hard and building a career for herself. She won't let anything or anyone get
Mayas
Dec 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Cara well Kindergarten vixen I guess all things come to those that wait and fight for what they want. A guarded heart helps if you shield it from the right people. What you learned was a lesson of love, friendship, and an open heart. Noah and Marshall taught you that and more. Noah taught you how to never give up and to believe in love and you two as a unit. Marshall taught you that a bond between a parent and child doesn't mean there is not room for one more.

This was my first book by Julie and
Sissy's Romance Book Review
Misadventures with a Firefighter by Julie Morgan is the story of Noah Hughes and Cara Murphy. This is part of the Misadventures Series but is totally a standalone book.
Cara has moved forward from a breakup that has left her wanting to only focus on her career as a kindergarten teacher and say no to men. But one night her and her friends go out and she ends up having that hot encounter that she doesn't plan on seeing or repeating. Noah is a widower who is working to raise his child along with
Nicki - The Overflowing Bookcase
Noticing a hot firefighter across a bar turns into a night fueled by passion for Cara and Noah. They both feel an instant connection with hopes of it becoming so much more. When one of her kindergarten students ends up being Noah's son the relationship needs to end immediately. But the sparks do not end. Can the two hide their relationship to save her job? Will they end up with a HEA despite the rules and regulations that are against them? With characters that are totally relate-able and a ...more
Karen Aguilera
Dec 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Noah and Cara will bring all the heat. Once chance encounter leads to a complicated mess.
Cara is a school teacher with the hots for one certain fire fighter who happens to be the father of one of her students
Noah is a smoking hot fire fighter with the hots for his sons teacher.
Will Noah and Cara end up together or will this situation cause them to end before they can even see where this can go.
If you want the answers then you need to read this 5 star book.
Donna
Dec 23, 2019 added it
Misadventures with a Firefighter by Julie Morgan is smoking hot and incredibly sweet. Firefighter Noah Hughes is a widower and single dad. Cara Murphy is a New York City kindergarten teacher with scars on her heart. But when these two get together it is HOT. I really enjoyed this story but recommend a fan and a tall cool drink.
Curtis E Evans
Dec 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When the Misadventures series first started, we all knew there would be growing pains. Well seems those pains were all for the good if we can take anything from Misadventures with a Firefighter. Julie Morgan brought us into a relationship unknown and hooked us with whit, compassion and lots of hot sexy action. What else could ya ask for?

Cara is independent, smart, successful and determined. But Cara has been hurt before and has shielded her heart from anything close to a relationship. Teacher or
Carmel Breffit
Dec 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Woww well the chemistry between Cara and Noah is smoking really did feel like a fire needed extinguishing. Cara a kindergarten teacher meets Noah a firefighter on a fabulous night off the job, what could go wrong?

An amazing rollercoaster tale which you seriously couldn't put down, I mean binge read and 3am style book, Who needs sleep???

Intensity was off the scales from the very first meeting and then this just combusted throw in some unexpected twists and turns this single father really has you
Clare Burns
Dec 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC. This is the first Misadventure i've read and my girl Julie has me hooked now. These characters are so my people and who doesn't love a hot firefighter who also happens to be a dedicated single father raising a boy on his own. The passion, the attraction and the mutual connection that is more the merely physical between these two makes my heart happy to read and when it is all at risk I just want to shake them and make them see what they have and I want to fight for them to ...more
Pamela
Jan 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
Cara is a kindergarten teacher with a great future ahead of her. Cara is happy being single and wants it that way after having a rough past. Noah is a firefighter that lives for his five year old son. He doesn't trust easily and has a damaged past. The couple meet at a club one night and end up having a one night stand. The second meeting Cara and Noah have they know they can't be together as it will threaten Cara's career. Will the two be able to work things out? A sexy read that I recommend.
Melissa Stelter
Dec 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was my first “Misadventure” and it did not disappoint. Julie did an amazing job creating characters that draw you in and had scorching chemistry.

Firefighters have always been my choice of a man in uniform and holy cow, was Noah one to crush on.

I can’t wait to read more books from this line.
Angela Hetzel
Jan 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Omg Noah and Cara are one hot couple. I was so happy when they decided to can the whole friends with benefits idea and explain their hearts. I love how Cara embraced being a stepmother and how Noah felt he could finally move on. The biggest blow was Cara's lousy best friend, Erin. Gah what a witch but the sweet Karma she got was amazing. I absolutely loved this story.
Lauren Luman
Jan 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
Julie Morgan is a new-to-me author, and she did not disappoint.

I really enjoyed the story between Cara and Noah. It was sexy, and full of heart and emotion. There were some moments where I felt like it tried to be angsty but didn't quite pan out that way.

I loved Noah's relationship with his little boy. You could feel the love between them.

The arc and pacing of the story worked well and our characters had great support systems from their families. I also liked how unashamed Cara was with her
Sparklin
Dec 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely loved this new addition to the Misadventures books. What a beautifully written love story. Cara has it all going for her. One bad experience has her closed off from finding love. That is until single hot dad Noah enters the picture. Together these two overcome heartbreak. So it seems until Cara supposedly friend turns her back on her. These two just have to let all outside forces go, put love first.
Vickie
Jan 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Misadventures with a Firefighter begins with Cara Murphy getting ready to go out with her friends for one last celebration before school starts. She is a kindergarten teacher and loves her job and has her future mapped out. Once she and her friends hit one of their favorite bars, it doesn't take Cara long to spot a good looking man, Noah Hughes, who piques her interest. When she approaches him, it doesn't take long for sparks to fly. It also doesn't take long for either of them to decide to ...more
Elizabeth
Jan 14, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, eram
2.5 Stars

I think one of the most frustrating things about books is when you go into reading one and really want to like it, but you just ....can't. The premise of this book is great.... A Teacher falls in love with the parent of a student and they have to deal with the pitfalls of that along with developing a relationship. Unfortunately, the execution of that promising premise left a lot to be desired for me.

I don't want to be a Negative Nancy on something I'm sure the author put time and
Christina  Thomas
Jan 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I have been done with this book for over a week and goodness I still do not know how to do this review over such a SPECTACULAR and PHENOMENAL Book!! Misadventures with a firefighter is one of the best books I have EVER read! Cara and Noah's story is romantic, its steamy, Hell it's not just steam its hot, sexy and you will need more than a fan to hep calm you down while reading this book. Julie Morgan wrote a book you can not possible put down and it leaves you wanting more and more after every ...more
Crystal
Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
When Kindergarten teacher Cara heads out with her friend Erin for a night at the club, she never thought that she’d meet a man like Noah. Noah is one of NYFD’s finest. Honest, loyal, caring, and oh so hot. After an explosive night together, they decide that being friends with benefits is a good thing, so they exchange numbers and go on about their lives. That is, until the first day of school. That’s when all hell breaks loose. You see, Noah is the super-hot single dad to Marshall, one of Cara’s ...more
Ashley Olson- lovestoread08
Dec 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Let’s just say that Misadventures with a Firefighter is hotter than a boiling kettle!! Right off the bat Julie Morgan has you fanning yourself and on your knees begging for more! You could feel Cara and Noah’s chemistry burning from the pages!! Intense from the first meet! I have absolutely loved all of the Misadventures books but this one is by far my favorite! I couldn’t put this book down!!! A must have for every book lover and book shelf!!! Pre-order today!!!

Tilya Petrus
Jan 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Cara Murphy a kindergarten teacher who after having her heart broken is focused on nothing more than work and guarding her heart. Her cat being the only man in her life. She is independent, and only looking to have fun and live life.
Noah Hughes a firefighter and single dad of a 5 year old named Marshall. After losing his wife and sons mother he's not looking to date just focused on his son. But then everything changes for them both.

After meeting in a club things become hot and heavy for these
Amy [Book Addict Reviews]
Jan 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Gorgeous single father who just so happens to be a firefighter, plus a gorgeous teacher!? Yes, please! Julie Morgan is a new to me author and I can’t wait to read more from her. I DEVOURED this book. I couldn’t put it down.

Cara Murphy may seem like a rich, beautiful, club girl. However, there is so much more to that. She is a kindergarten teacher and working her way to her tenure and a major promotion at the school she teaches it. Celebrating one last time before the start of a new school year,
Kelly Kemmerly
Jan 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
I think I have read all the Misadventures so far and this one is an excellent bonus of extreme heat and strong characters who do not disappoint!
Cara is a determined kindergarten teacher who knows what she wants and how to get it. Her career means everything to her. She is strong, confident, and independent. It wasn't easy for her to start over after a broken heart, living in New York, and starting at a new school, but she did it without apologies.
Noah knows what it means to lose it all and
Alphas Do It Better Book Blog

This is my first book by Julie Morgan but I've read several of the Misadventures stories. To date I've always enjoyed them so I'm sad to say this one just wasn't my style.

While I've always enjoyed the parent teacher storyline, the way the "relationship" here began really hindered my enjoyment. From the beginning, I felt the book was truly a collection of sexcapades. If that's the intent of the book, then it was well done, yes, the sexcapades were hot. I, however, really missed the
Sharon
Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
This is one fire that you do not want to extinguish and it will just keep burning higher. Cara is a teacher who has had her heart broken and is leery of getting involved again. Noah is a firefighter and father to a five-year-old boy and he is not looking for a relationship. The last weekend prior to the opening of the new school year, Cara is out at a club with friends and meets Noah. Things get a bit steamy but then they go their separate ways after an explosive night. A few days later, Cara ...more
Dimple
Jan 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020-read

Living My Best Book Life
Jan 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, arc, spicy
Misadventures with a Firefighter is SCORCHING HOT! This is my first time reading Julie Morgan and I am so happy I did!

Cara Murphy and Noah Hughes have both have their hearts broken. They are not looking for a relationship but when they meet there are fireworks. They can totally have a friends with benefits arrangement...we know how that always works ;)

Cara is a kindergarten teacher and Noah is a firefighter. They have seen each other multiple times, but when Noah finds out that Cara is his
Linda Dunn
Jan 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Sparks that turn into Flames....

I am declaring this book a 5-alarm fire read. Noah Hughes and Cara Murphy are so hot they could start a fiery blaze with the chemistry they have together. Cara is a school teacher who loves her job and doesn't have time for a half decent social life. But all that changes when she hooks up with Noah. Noah is a firefighter who is a gorgeous hot firestorm. He is a widow raising his son, a son who is his top priority in his life.

Cara and Noah start off being "friends
« previous 1 3 next »

• Shark's Rise (Shark's Edge Book 3)
  • Shark's Pride (Shark's Edge #2)
  • Misadventures with a Twin
  • Shark's Edge (Shark's Edge #1)
  • Misadventures of a Time Traveler
  • Reunited: A Novella
  • Misadventures at City Hall
  • Misadventures in Blue
  • Ravenous (Steel Brothers Saga #11)
  • Misadventures with a Master: A Misadventures Novella
  • Tempted to Kiss (Hard to Love #3)
  • Insatiable (Steel Brothers Saga #12)
  • Burn (Men of Inked: Heatwave, #2)
  • Black Ice
  • Flame (Men of Inked: Heatwave, #1)
  • Misadventures with My Ex (Misadventures, #21)
  • Wait for Me
  • Longing to Hold: Prelude to Hard to Love
Hailing from Burleson, Texas and growing up in the country with big tractors and bon fire parties, I would day dream about far off lands, hoping to one day get inside their worlds.

Always having a love of books and paranormal stories, I finally took the leap to begin writing with encouragement from my husband. Having worked in IT my entire career and finding my way to Central Florida, I spend free