Start by marking “Lasting Shadows: Shadows Landing #3” as Want to Read:
Lasting Shadows: Shadows Landing #3

Lasting Shadows: Shadows Landing #3

(Shadows Landing #3)

Ridge Faulkner was a renowned luxury house builder. When Ridge was selected at a charity bachelor auction, he was surprised when it wasn’t for an actual date. The woman only wanted him to help fix up her house.

Savannah Ambrose was starting her life over in Shadows Landing. But she needed help with the fixer-upper she was moving into. With little money to spare, she
Published October 22nd 2019 by Laurens Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Lasting Shadows, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lasting Shadows

Start your review of Lasting Shadows: Shadows Landing #3
Kathleen
Oct 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Savannah Ambrose was determined that she was going to get the man of her dreams at the Bachelor Auction....Ridge Faulkener. She did not just want a dinner with him, but wanted him for a whole different reason. She needed him to help teach her how to 'Fix up" her home she got in the divorce in Shadows Landing, SC.

I know when I start to read a book by Kathleen Brooks, I am going to love it. And this book is no exception. I really liked the Ridge and Savannah together. There attraction to one
Shirley
Nov 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow! Wow! Wow! Love love loved this read

Wow! Wow! Wow! Love love loved this read from Kathleen. Ridge and Savannah wow! That all I can said except this give me laughter tears both good and bad lol. Savannah is a new-be to Shadows Landing and what a beautiful woman she is with winning Ridge at the bachelor auction just so he could fix her house was a major plus because she thought outside the box (well I suppose I should thank Kathleen for it) lol it’s pure genius also the way she won over
Karen
Oct 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: brooks
Once again this author does not disappoint! As we travel back to Shadow's Landing we are met by Ridge and introduced to Savannah. Savannah has just moved to Shadow's Landing following her nasty divorce. She got a house here in the settlement. As we learn, Savannah is starting over with this house and realizes that the house needs LOTS of help so she decides to go to the town auction and bid on Ridge who is a designer and carpenter all in one. Instead of dinner and dancing she wants him to help ...more
Carlise
Jan 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved it

Savannah is trying to start her life over, but so.done is trying to kill her. Ridge is Savannah 's purchased date from the bachelor auction. Instead of a date, she needs him for his handyman skills while she's fixing up her house. When he gets embroiled into saving her life and his own, the attraction can't be denied. Now if only they can find the person who wants to kill her or him maybe they can do d out of their attraction is temporary or HEA.

As usual, Kathleen hasn't disappointed.
Rebecca Goss
Oct 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This adventure takes us back to Shadows Landing where Ridge was purchased in an auction by Savannah, who needed his help in repairing the cottage she got in her divorce. Their attraction is instant and he is delighted to learn that she wants to learn how to make repairs herself. There’s plenty of mystery and both find their lives endangered more than once. The community of Shadows Landing works to protect their own and embraces Savannah into their community. There are so many interesting ...more
Jamie
She's done it again

I can never say enough good things about her books, this one included. Every time I read her books it makes me.wish that small towns like this really exsist. I loved Savannah and Ridges story. They were perfect together. I loved the names in this book too. Very fitting to their characters. As always I would recommend this book and any of her other books. If you're looking for a sweet, funny, action packed romance with amazing supporting characters then this is the book for
Jan Locke
Oct 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It began at an auction...

This series is great! The humor is a constant thread running through a very tense and exciting story of suspense. The characters stand out with the well developed personalities and the family love is something everyone would like to live among. About a third of the way in to the suspenseful story I thought the plot was revealed and wondered how the last two thirds would be filled. Never fear! There were so many plot twists and possibilities I was riveted to the book and
Nancy
One of my favorites....

Ridge and Savannah are perfect! Having read all books by this author, she has created yet another place I wish really existed! All books in this series are standalone, but are even better read in succession because there are a lot of quirky characters you will fall in love with even more from each installment in the series. Once you are hooked, you need to read her Bluegrass series and that quirky, little town gets bigger and better. If I could give 10 stars, I would!!!
Mary Smith
Oct 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Kathleen Brooks just keeps you coming back for more.
Savannah Ambrose moves to Shadows Landing after divorcing her abusive husband.
She goes to an auction and purchases Ridge Faulkner because he is a building designer and she needs help fixing up the house she bought. He also has a lot of men working for him to get the job done.
There is a lot of suspense that will keep your interest besides the off the charts chemistry between Savannah and Ridge.
This is a fun book to read and hard to put down.
I
Tracey Rosen
Nov 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love the community of Shadows Landing, and Ridge and Savannah are beautiful together. Kathleen Brooks has the most wonderful twists and turns in her suspense and even when you think you know what's going to happen, you never get it quite right.
I loved the women's "self defense" classes at the church, Ryker's fear of getting "death cooties" on his boat, and most of all the cross over to the Faulkner's cousins in Keeneston.
Victoria Sturlini
Nov 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love this author

I didn't find this story as riveting as all the other Kathleen Brooks books..... It was a good and solid read but just felt lacking in some ways. However, I have absolutely enjoyed and re-read all of her other books and have them all. I could never give Kathleen a negative rating and will continue to read the Shadows Landing series lwhile rooting for the next one to be a bit more exciting.
Judy Lovely
Ridge and Savannah

I never get enough of the people of Keeneston and now Shadow’s Landing. In this 3rd book of the Lasting Shadows series, we are reintroduced to Savannah who has bought Ridge in a bachelor auction...not for a date but to fix up her house! However, who is trying to kill Savannah? And why? Another exciting romantic suspense from one of my favorite authors. Highly recommend.
Lisa Iveson
Great read

I don't know how Kathleen does it but what a fantastic read, kept me hooked I had to finish it. (It's now 3.20am and I've just finished reading). What I loved the most was how Savannah took back control after years of mental abuse. The conflicting emotions of feeling shame/embarrassment and wanting to be proud of taking back control of her own life and future is very realistic. I felt it was quite an empowering read. Thank you Kathleen your the best !
Brooke Clanton
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shadows Landing

I have always loved checking in with the Davies clan, but I'm beginning to look forward more and more to these little visits with their cousins! Love the women of Shadows Landing and finding out a little more of the the backstory while Savannah was learning how to stand on her own! Ridge is her perfect counter balance. Supporting and quietly helping her find her way! I can't wait to see what happens when Jackson Davies visits!
Glenda Thedens
Oct 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Kathleen Brooks is one of favorite authors. Her Bluegrass, Forever and Shadows Landing series are great reads. The characters have made me laugh, cry, made me anxious and made my see red. The settings are described so well that it makes me want to visit Keeneston Kentucky and Shadows Landing South Carolina to (meet the wonderful characters that seem so real.)
I definitely recommend these books. Looking forward anxiously to the next books in the series.
Glenda
Jeannie Jerolis
Love them!!

Loved this story. Loved the crossovers! I’m happy that it had its Shadows Landing flair with a touch of Keenston mixed in. I’m a big fan of “ guest appearances” of favorite characters in different series, it gives them a little extra kick. Anyway, this story had a lot of action, sweet supportive romance, after an abusive marriage. I can’t wait for Harpers story!! Kathleen Brooks has several great series, you can’t go wrong!
Keryn
Love this series!

Oh how I never get tired of these books! Can't go wrong with a town formed by pirates . In typical fashion there's oodles of suspense, treachery, secrets galore and one fierce female at the center! With a town that their church teaches "self defense" with swords and knives like their pirate ancestors how can you go wrong? I dare you not to fall inn love with both this and the original series it spun off from!
Karen J
As usual, AWESOME!

You're killling me! I loved this book as much as every book of your I have read. You got it all, HUMOR, very important, thrilling crazy killers, love without end, and a family that simply doesn't quit!
And Savannah, now she was truly a kick ass heroine, I loved the Pilates line! Society bitch... Laughed till I cried there!

Bottom line another stellar novel by Kathleen Brooks!
Harper cannot come soon enough!

Karen
Julie Schreckendgust
OMG Kept me guessing

I loved this book! Bow down to Mrs. Brooks and her story telling. I was talking to my husband about some of the IT stuff from Kale and he said she must have a background in IT. That is how realistic and bad@$$ her writing is.

I love all her books! Take a read and I am sure you will too
christine hodson
Another fantastic story.

Having read every book in the Bluegrass series and now the Shadows Landing cousins i eagerly awaited this one. I was not disappointed, this was every bit as good as the rest. I really don't know how Kathleen thinks up all these stories. Looking forward to the next which I assume will be about Harper.

Sam Howard
Nov 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another fantastic read!

Kathleen Brooks never fails to disappoint. This is a fantastic series and it was great to see characters from the Bluegrass series make an appearance. As always there was laughs and intrigue. Ridge and Savannah were great lead characters. I thoroughly enjoyed this and highly recommend it.
Suzi
Great

Really enjoy Ridge and Savannah’s story. She is new to town and trying to repair the home she got in her divorce, he is on the auction block at a charity event and is perfect for the repairs she needs done. Neither of the, expect the sparks that will fly between them and the danger that is after both of them. Great story.
Samantha
So wonderful

This book is just another great one from Kathleen Brooks. There is suspense - fire, car accidents, knife fights, and even some gun fire - in this book. I really enjoyed the way that the woman was a strong woman and yet appreciated the comfort and protectiveness from a strong guy. Can't wait for the next one.
VERGIE MONTGOMERY
Write Faster!

Love all your series. However, the crossover Bluegrass series are my favorites. This particular series with it's close ties to the original one is quickly becoming a can't wait to read the next one favorite. Savannah and Ridge 's story has all the earmarks of the others, love, comedy and action. Can't wait for the next one, see, told ya!
Cheryl
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
AWESOME STORY

I don’t think I could describe a story full of all the things I enjoy; however this one does. Love, suspense, laugh out loud humor, great small towns, and of course Bubba. Kathleen knows how to draw you into the story and makes you feel you’re right there with Savannah and Ridge. Love all theses characters and look forward to many more.
Andrea Minier
Oct 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another great story!

What a great story. Ridge and Savannah meet at the auction. Ridge helps her with more than her house reconstruction. Between all their struggles, they find true love. Once again, Kathleen Brooks weaves you into her story. Love the Davies Faulkner connection. Enjoy
Kirstie Ibrahim
Nov 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kathleen-brooks
This was fantastic, loved every single page. Love all the wacky and wonderful characters and the fact that Kenneston and Shadows Landing cross over. This story was action packed and kept me turning page after page wondering what's next. It also finished with me wanting more and of course the next story.
Rhonda
Love Shadows Landing

Savannah needs help to get her house livable and she buys a date with Ridge for his construction experience. As they fall in love they discover someone is trying to kill Savannah. There is quite a bit of crossover from Keenston which I love. And of course the get the HEA.
Linda Zelinsky
Dec 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was an awesome story filled with excitement, emotion and suspense from the first page. I found Kathleen knows how to keep her readers hooked with action from the very first page. She has her readers guessing what will happen next. Loved this series and the amazing writing of This talented writer. Can’t wait for her next book.
Kflynn1k
Another great read by Kathleen Brooks

This is th 3rd book in the Shadows Landing series. If you like good suspense books with strong female characters, humor and Good writing, try Kathleen Brooks
« previous 1 3 next »

• Trouble After Dark (Gansett Island, #19)
  • As Long As I Have You (London Sullivans 1)
  • Famous (Quantum, #8)
  • Shelter for Penelope (Badge of Honor: Texas Heroes #15)
  • Fatal Accusation (Fatal, #15)
  • Declan (Undercover Billionaire Book 4)
  • Finn (Anderson Billionaires, #1)
  • Never Goodbye (The Barrington Billionaires, #7)
  • Three Dog Night (The Dogmothers, #2)
  • Dachshund Through the Snow (The Dogmothers, #2.5)
  • Defending Everly (Mountain Mercenaries, #5)
  • Securing Zoey (SEAL of Protection: Legacy #4)
  • Winter Hawk (Evidence, #9)
  • His To Protect (Elite Force Security, #2)
  • Colder Than Sin (Cold Justice: Crossfire, #2)
  • Bishop's Queen (Endgame Trilogy, #2)
  • More Than Sexy (Sexy #1)
  • Captivating in Love
Kathleen Brooks is a New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and USA Today bestselling author. Kathleen's stories are romantic suspense featuring strong female heroines, humor, and happily-ever-afters. Her Bluegrass and Bluegrass Brothers Series feature small town charm with quirky characters while her Women of Power Series shows that behind every sexy billionaire is a man strong enough to love her! ...more

Shadows Landing (4 books)
  • Saving Shadows (Shadows Landing #1)
  • Sunken Shadows: Shadows Landing #2
  • Fierce Shadows (Shadows Landing #4)