Start by marking “Catching Her Heart” as Want to Read:
Catching Her Heart

Catching Her Heart

(For the Love of the Game #2)

When a beautiful brunette driver meets Nashville Slammers catcher, Sawyer McBain, at the airport, he figures it's his lucky day. Sure, he's usually pretty guarded around people, especially after what happened with his ex, but he can definitely enjoy the car ride. Until she passes his apartment...and keeps driving. All of a sudden the woman seems a lot less like romance mat ...more
Published September 9th 2019 by Entangled Publishing, LLC (Bliss)

To ask other readers questions about Catching Her Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Catching Her Heart

romancejunkie
Aug 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Addie desperately needs someone high profile to help her with the multiple sclerosis society she is presiding over and no one she knows is available so she decides to "kidnap" Nashville Slammers Sawyer McBain and after that happens she tells him that he can ask for a favor in return, he accepts and they are soon solving their problems together and starting to fall in love.
This was the sweetest love story for me, the way their relationship developed was so cute, and the couple's relationship a
Deanna (Deanna Reads Books)
Aug 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
This review was originally posted on my review blog Deanna Reads Books
Baseball is not really my thing, but occasionally I will read sports romance books that are about baseball. Jody Holford's Catching Her Heart was one of those times. This is actually a second in a stand-alone series, and I hadn't read the first one, but I wasn't lost at all. The characters from the first book show up in this one, but I didn't find it confusing at all.

The initial start of the plot was a bit weird, and Addison
Bookgasms Book Blog
Sep 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: shelly
I love sport romance.
I love baseball.
I love sweet romance.
And I love Jody Holford.

So, shall we make any bets on how I felt about this story?

Y'all, it was so much better than I even expected. This will surely go down as one of my favorites that Ms. Holford has written. I sunk into it easily, comfortably, with the feeling like I was indulging my heart in some kind of sweet treat. And it was not disappointed. Addie and Sawyer were completely adorable, completely lovable, and so much deeper than you
Linda Quick
Aug 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book!!! Sawyer is the catcher for a MLB team in Nashville and is a bit jaded on people after his parasitic family members have done their best to extract every dollar possible from him, treating him more like an ATM rather than a son or brother. Addie is a member of the staff for his team and is responsible for player wellness and special projects and has a perpetually sunny personality. Her family, while not perfect, is everything that Sawyer's is not.

They first meet when Addie attem
Melena Torretta
Sep 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley-arcs, 2019
Catching Her Heart is an adorable, sweet, and heart-warming read!

Sawyer plays catcher for the Nashville Slammers, the team that Addie works for and her best friend owns. Their first encounter is unexpected and funny and sets the tone for them to grow from tentative friends to more.

Addie is the kind of character I wish I could be friends with in real life. She cares about those she loves, her community, and her co-workers. She genuinely wants to make people's lives better.

Sawyer has been burned b
TSN
What a wonderfully sweet romance.

“Regardless of what happens this season, I think you might be my greatest catch ever.”

For Addie the glass is always half full, NOT half empty, and it actually makes her happy creating happiness for other people. Previous experiences, have left Sawyer way more guarded, which creates a nice dynamic i their relationship. The whole swapping IOU makes this romance extra enjoyable.

You can probably tell, that I really liked Sawyer and Addie!

This was my first book by Jod
Laurie
Sep 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Jody Holford's "Catching Her Heart" was a cute, sweet story and a lovely follow up to the first book in this series. It is a complete stand-alone, but characters from the first book do make cameo appearances. It's not necessary to read the books in order because the author does a good job of providing background for readers new to the series, but I'm glad I read the previous book first. I think it helped me understand Addie, the female main character, a bit better since she was such an important ...more
Jeeves
Aug 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So sweet and adorable, this clean romance has all the feels and a connection between the characters that you can feel from the very beginning. I loved this charming sports romance, which pairs a jaded pro baseball player with a woman who only sees potential for good in the world. The story follows Addie, the new wellness advisor of sorts for a pro baseball team. She’s trying to help raise money for MS and promised to bring a celebrity to an event, but a last minute cancellation leaves her desper ...more
Tara Peters
Sep 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Addie is making the best of her life now that she has a new job and is living away from her parents. When she promises to produce a big name for a charity auction, in the hopes of becoming a board member, she decides to 'kidnap' Sawyer, the catcher for the local baseball team. The only problem, he doesn't know that she needs him to help her out. Sawyer doesn't trust easily, he has a good reason: his mom and family use him as their personal atm and his ex left him for his brother. Even though he ...more
Holly ~ Southern Girl Bookaholic
For being the second book in a series, you totally can jump into this book without worrying that you might be missing something from the first book and that alone makes this book totally worth reading!

It's starts off with a kidnapping of sorts with Addison picking up the handsome Sawyer from the airport but little does he know, what she has up her sleeve. From there, this friendship blossoms that turns into this romance that both Addison and Sawyer totally deserve but Sawyer's brother and mother
Connie
Sep 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received a complimentary copy of this book from Entangled Publishing via NetGalley and I am voluntarily reviewing it.

This was a good story. I enjoyed get to see Isla and Liam from the first story making multiple appearances here. Addison (Addy) and Sawyer both work for the Nashville Slammers baseball franchise. Sawyer is the catcher with a knee injury and Addy works behind the scene working both PR and wellness for the entire franchise. Sawyer is a very private person who knows his days are nu
Paula
Sep 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Catching Her Heart by Jody Holford is a delightful make your smile story. I don’t even like sports or sports book for that matter but I am loving this For Love of the Game Series. There is just so much great about the series and the book Catching His Heart.

Let me just tell you –
It is a Nashville story that doesn’t center around a musical artist trying to make it big time.
The players are normal, everyday, feet-on-the-ground people, though Sawyer has some major family issues because of his succe
Mary
Sep 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Such a fun, sweet sports romance. Addie and Sawyer’s first meeting is epic. Addie has a true heart of gold and is always doing things for others. Her job to help the players and families for the Nashville Slammers is geared to giving them all-around wellness to make their lives easier off the field. But many players are resistant but she always perseveres. She is also very involved in charity work which is how she met Sawyer, the star catcher for the team. Of course, kidnapping him to be auction ...more
Up All Night With Books
Sep 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 Stars
Review by Elizabeth
Late Night Reviewer
Up All Night with Books Blog

Jody Holford caught my attention with just the first few lines of her blurb for her newest release, Catching her Heart. I have to say that there is nothing about this book that I did not like. Which is very usual, at least for me.

When we first meet Addison and Sawyer, Addison is picking him up from the airport with the intent on kidnapping him. Why? For a charity auction, of course! Just by this one action, they are in f
Linda
Aug 30, 2019 rated it it was ok
Rather blah story with blah characters.
The blurb and the “trading of IOUs” sounds a lot more interesting that the story actually was. I didn’t particularly care for either character who both seemed somewhat superficial and not particularly developed.
Probably started off when Addie so called kidnapped Sawyer as his driver meeting him at the airport to drive him back home. Fully intending to use him as her ‘contribution’ to a charity event auctioning off high profile celebrities when she isn’t abl
Claire Scott
Aug 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another fantastic book from Ms Holford. I loved the first book in this series, and was so glad to read more about Addie, Isla’s right hand gal. Such a selfless person, tirelessly working to make things better for everyone around her, not necessarily factoring in her feelings. Desperate to keep her word at a charity event, she “kidnaps” the Slammers Catcher, Sawyer McBain and begs him for help!

Multiple times, Sawyer broke my heart. He’s so cynical, used to people only wanting him for money or fav
Rhonda Brant
Sep 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’ve come to love this author, and this particular series. I read Isla and Liam’s story in book one, so it was a no brainer to continue on with the second book. I think I liked this couple more than the first! Sawyer is the jaded catcher for the Slammers, his only true family is his Grams (tug at the heartstrings) because his mother and brother are only after one thing, his money in the big leagues. Addie is Isla’s best friend, and really sees no fault with anyone, especially the hot and sexy ca ...more
Fizza
Sep 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars
It's a sweet romantic story. I enjoyed reading it a lot. It started in a very intriguing way and ended beautifully.
Addie is trying not to panic because this is her only way. So, she asks Sawyer for a favor and unexpectedly he agrees. But now she owes him too. They are both going to be working together so she hopes that it doesn't turn out to be a big problem.
Sawyer couldn't believe this woman. She practically kidnapped him but oddly enough instead of getting angry or frustrated he actua
Diane McConnell
Aug 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley-arc
I loved Addie and Sawyer!

Addison Carlisle knows that she should have asked baseball player Sawyer McBain if he would go with her to a gala for the multiple sclerosis foundation instead of basically kidnapping him because they were already late for it because she wanted to make enough impact so she would be appointed to the board. Addie knew that trying to convince him to do go would be difficult since he hated to go to large functions.

Sawyer McBain was so used to people asking for things from hi
Brenda
Sep 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed

Slammers executive Addison Carlisle needs one little favor. Sure, she may have kinda maybe kidnapped one of her professional baseball players, but it’s for a really good cause. Now Sawy
B.
Aug 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the second in Holford’s series about baseball stars in the Nashville Slammers finding love. In this one, catcher Sawyer McBain is surprised to find himself attracted to Addy Carlisle. He’s so used to people, especially his awful mother and brother, wanting to use him for his money or celebrity that he almost can’t believe that one woman could be as straightforward as she seems. All she wants his help for her charity. She also wants to help him deal with the annoyances in his life.

There w
Kari Hansen
Sep 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Sawyer is a catcher who has recently joined the Nashville Slammers. He is a very private person who is still recovering from an injury and is growing weary of everyone in his life wanting something from him and not him. When he is picked up at the airport by Addie and asked to attend a fundraiser for MS he is about to say no until he realizes that there is nothing in it for Addie besides her desire to help.

Addie has personal reasons for wanting to support the MS fundraiser and although she knows
Sarah Light
Sep 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
A first time reader of Ms. Holford and I was pleasantly surprised with how much I really enjoyed this.

I love baseball, and I really love sports romance, and this one has it all. At first it was a little confusing, trying to figure out the plot to the story, but once you get into; it's like any other really good book. You can't put it down until it's finished.

Sawyer is the catcher for a MLB teamed based out of Nashville and is the best in the business. Now when you think baseball player, you thi
Kristina Birch
Sep 07, 2019 rated it liked it
A kidnapping as a meet cute?!

Addie needs an huge favor but she’s not sure how to ask it of someone she’s never met so she decides to take action first and ask questions later. Sawyer isn’t sure why Addie has all but abducted him but he is sure there’s something special about her.

The shift from weary acquaintances to friends to lovers was so fun and definitely fit the story perfectly as both Addie and Sawyer had some self discovery to do.

My only issue with the book was that the baseball knowle
Rachel
Sep 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I adored this book! Catching Her Heart. This is the second book in the For the Love of the Game series and is a definite winner.

The relationship between Addison, an exec with the Nashville Slammers, and Sawyer, the team's star catcher, starts out a bit rocky. Eventually the two become friends and are constantly trading favors. When their friendship turns into something more they must decide whether they should let their guard down or walk away from something special.

We met Addison in the first b
Breen Rdz
Sep 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
“I absolutely adored this book! Catching Her Heart was a marvelous sweet romance that gave me all the feels. This is the second book in the For the Love of the Game series and I highly recommend it.

A story about true love. The relationship between Addison and Sawyer was flawless, their connection was settled long before their feelings. Once their friendship was threaten for their feelings, they had to decide whether to risk for something more or lose their hearts.

Jody wrote a beautiful love st
Katie
Sep 10, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: reviewed
"If you keep being all sweet on top of the sexy, I'm going to have no choice but to completely fall for you." . . ."I'm a professional catcher, babe,. go on and fall, I've got you."

The story sounds fun from the blurb - a little "kidnapping" meet-cute - but the cheesy lines , superficial character development, make-everyone-happy, optimistic, do-gooder plus a reclusive ball player felt cloyingly sweet. It has it's moments but I was so disengaged from the story it was a chore to finish.

Objectivel
Sara Oxton
Aug 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Catching her Heart by Jody Holford a four-star read that will catch you. This is a for Love of the Game Romance but they can be read as stand-alone, in some places this deserves five-stars, but then it seemed to lack in a couple of others. Addison Carlisle is a whirlwind of a woman, she is so busy helping others, that she missed herself sometimes, but it’s what pushes her to be the woman anybody would be proud of. On the flip side Sawyer McBain is someone who hasn’t had anyone in his life for a ...more
Kelly
Aug 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another FANtastic book!! I love these Nashville Slammers books - the characters are fun and realistic and the interactions between Sawyer (McBain) and the newest member of management, Addie Carlisle, are believable and HOT!!! I liked seeing McBain as he realized that some people are just nice to be around and how hard it was to realize that not everyone was around him. Addie had such a positive attitude and it came through loud and clear to me as a reader.

I received an Advanced Readers Copy of
Becky Wise
Aug 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Catching Her Heart is a fantastically cute read. I loved this one so much. Addison is a delight. She is someone you can see being best friends with. I love her attitude toward helping everyone. Sawyer, he is sexy and sweet and you just want to get to know him more. I love the chemistry between Addie and Sawyer. I love Sawyer and his grandma's relationship. I love the changes in Sawyer throughout when it comes to how he is with his family and his career. Addie and Sawyer are just a fun couple tha ...more
a wife* a mom* a reader and a writer* a friend* a daughter* a teacher* a sister* a blogger and follower* a worrier and word twister* a gemini*

For the Love of the Game (2 books)
  • Covering all the Bases (For the Love of the Game #1)