Start by marking “The Lost Spear (Lost #0.5)” as Want to Read:
The Lost Spear (Lost #0.5)

The Lost Spear

(Lost 0.5)

Archaeologist Dr. Eve Blakeley has dedicated her life's work to finding Genghis Khan's final resting place. But first she'll have to find the Spirit Banner, Khan's lost spear, an eight-hundred-year-old weapon shrouded in as much mystery and lore as his lost tomb. The two are intertwined by centuries of secrets.

During her search through the mountains of Mongolia, she's join
Published August 26th 2019 by Sideways Books

To ask other readers questions about The Lost Spear, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Lost Spear

Bandit
Sep 15, 2019 rated it it was ok
I really don’t normally read this sort of thing. It’s all too Clive Cussleresque for me. The pseudohistorical adventure quests that mainly serve as a platform for dishing out as much action as possible. But…this one grabbed my attention with Genghis Khan. And the novella length made it seem like it might be worth checking out. And who knew…maybe the author was going to radically upturn every genre stereotype and deliver a quality so exceptional that it would completely change my mind about the g ...more
Dísir
It's strange that 'The Lost Spear' came as part of the ARC offering under Entangled Publishing. But the blurb wasn't one that I could resist, so I took a chance on an archaeological thriller, not knowing whether it was actually part of an imprint primarily associated with romantic fiction.

The long and short of it is, 'The Lost Spear' would be a disappointment especially if you think this is one that falls under that category. The romance plot is thin and weak, with the barest hint (that's more t
Anima
Sep 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: adventure
A bit of Indiana Jones adventure for you! Eve has been trying to locate Khan's spear because it leads to his tomb. But, Zach thinks it's linked to terrorists and is trying to follow the leads. Although novella in length this packs a pretty good story in a small space. There's a little hint at romance, plenty of spies, some guns and lots of mystery. I requested the book from Netgalley because I felt like reading an exciting adventure, I got it. Looking forward to the rest of the series.
Tonya
Sep 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Lost Spear by N.J. Croft was an engaging, quick read featuring a quest to find the missing Spear of Genghis Khan. Dr. Eve Blakeley is an archaeologist who is really enjoying the security that her job provides as she is researching from her office. She receives a surprise visitor with an invitation to lead the search for this missing spear and soon she is off on another adventure in her life. She is joined by MI6 agent Zachary Martin, who poses as a journalist on the expedition. Someone wants ...more
Nikki Brooks
Eve was kidnapped when she was just a student. It has shaped her professionalchoices over the years, making her research based than out in the field. She divorced her husband and now it's her and children. She won't let anyone else in. But what's an academic to do when she is offered unlimited funding to go after her own "white whale", Genghis Khan's tomb!

Zach works for MI6 but he's benn put on leave after his partner was injured in a bomb blast and they think he has fallen prey to one too many
Paul
Sep 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a good, short read. Good action and interesting characters kept me mostly engaged. I rue cliff-hangers, and if you do then either skip this or be ready to get the next one before you get this. Good otherwise.

I really appreciate the copy for review!!
sveta
Laura Potter
Aug 29, 2019
« previous 1 3 next »
1 follower
After a number of years wandering the world in search of adventure, N.J. Croft finally settled on a farm in the mountains and now lives off-grid, growing almonds, drinking cold beer, taking in stray dogs, and writing stories where the stakes are huge and absolutely anything can happen.

Lost (1 books)
  • The Lost Tomb (Lost #1)