Start by marking “Lady Law and the Texas DeRangers” as Want to Read:
Lady Law and the Texas DeRangers

Lady Law and the Texas DeRangers

Cowboys, Indians, and outlaws.

It may be 1892 but the Old West is still alive and kicking in the dusty west Texas town of Abalone. When a bad batch of coleslaw kills Texie Cortez’s father she takes over his old job:

Sheriff.

She’s proud of how she keeps the gunslingers away and the cowpokes in order. Then HE comes to town.

Gambler Alec Malone aims to attract attention
Published October 1st 2019 by XCPublishing.net

To ask other readers questions about Lady Law and the Texas DeRangers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lady Law and the Texas DeRangers

Start your review of Lady Law and the Texas DeRangers
Brenda Moser
Oct 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Texie is a feisty and determined woman who also happens to be a small town sheriff. Alec plays the ladies man and has a secret. The author brings an old time western and weaves an adventurous and at times hilarious story. She adds a cast of colorful characters and delivers an entertaining read. It moves quickly and smoothly and is brought to life with the descriptive writing and vividly detailed scenes. I enjoyed reading their story.

I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this book. All opinions in
Sandy
Oct 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
A western with Snow Globes?
I liked Texie one strong will lady if I ever saw one. Alec, now there is one charming rogue. Can these two really get together? The cast of characters were a group of magnificent goofballs and a hoot to read about. This western was so different and unique I loved it. I did receive a free copy of this book and voluntarily chose to review it.
Regina Kiddy
Oct 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a cute story. Textie is the sheriff of Abalone. When a silver tongued devil by the name of Alec comes riding into town in the stagecoach, the fireworks begin. From ladies of the night to outlaw gangs join Texie and Alec on their adventure. Can this sheriff get her man?

I read this book as an arc from NetGalley
Simon
Oct 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Rather enjoyed this one - Westerns and romance stories are not on my usual reading list but in this one the two themes work well together. A nice heartwarming tale with some hilariously funny slapstick comedy sections.
Zenobia Neil
I don't normally read comedy romance novels, but this was one was charming. I really enjoyed seeing a lady "lawman" and reading about the town of Abalone. The names of the characters were fantastic and the love story was very sweet. This book offers a great escape into a light version of the old west, which I highly recommend.
Denice Langley
Nov 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
A great spin on the traditional western adventure story. The characters are VERY unexpected, while they work through the expected hazards of life in the late 1800's wild west community. This was a quick read for me, mostly because the story was so entertaining. Yes, it's a western for those of us who love westerns, but it's also a change from the shoot 'em and hang 'em high stories.
Pat
Oct 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
I found this book to be a very enjoyable read with the good storyline and great characters that kept me turning the pages until the very end!
Annmarie Reddick
Oct 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! It was well written and immediately drew me in. Not only was it easy to get into it kept my attention and I didn't want to put it down! The book was easy to read and was very light and funny! If you're looking for an easy read this is it.

The characters were very well written. I could picture what they looked like and their personalities were quite apparent. The only thing that got confusing to me was the author using 3 names similar to each other; Rodger, Randy, and Ralph.
Helena#bookdreamer
Thank you netgalley for providing this ARC in exchange for an honest review.
While this novel had very fun realistic dialogue, I wasn't too fond of the characters. The Sheriff is a tough, no nonsense woman who puts up with too much when she meets Alec. Alec from the beginning is portrayed as a ladies man who doesn't mind using charm and looks to get what he wants. Although it had funny, chaotic moments, the novel just felt flat to me.
Sarah Tondra
Nov 11, 2019 rated it liked it
Texas Sheriff, Texie, is in control of her wild west town until sweet talking, good lookin' Alec shows up. There are many crazy antics in this story and I enjoyed most of it but there was just something about it that didn’t bring it home for me.

I was provided with an electronic ARC through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. Thank you for letting me read this story.
vaneeta naik
Oct 11, 2019
Paul Franco
rated it it was ok
Nov 10, 2019
Xina Uhl
Nov 02, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
Joyce
is currently reading it
Oct 08, 2019

• Baking Me Crazy (Donner Bakery, #1)
  • The Shadow Prince (Mortal Enchantment, #0.5)
  • Weight Expectations (Cipher Office, #1)
  • Crazy for Loving You (Bluewater Billionaires)
  • Twice in a Blue Moon
  • Meet Me At Midnight
  • Pucked (Pucked, #1)
  • Finding Her Chance (Stealth Ops, #4)
  • Wonder Woman: Warbringer (the Graphic Novel)
  • Doctor Who: The Eighth Doctor, Vol. 1: A Matter of Life and Death
  • Borderlands (DCI Ryan Mysteries #14)
  • Bloodline
  • Book Boyfriend (Book Boyfriends, #1)
  • More Than Just Mum
  • A Small Semblance of Home
  • Feral Sins (The Phoenix Pack, #1)
  • The Serpent Sword (Bernicia Chronicles #1)
  • Kin of Cain: A Short Bernicia Tale
Author Xina Marie Uhl lives in sunny Southern California with her husband and assorted furry and scaly pets. The setting of her first novel, NECROPOLIS, has been heavily influenced by her interest in ancient history. She holds both a BA and an MA in history. When she isn’t reading and writing, she enjoys hiking, yoga, and planning new travel adventures.

Xina’s available ebooks include Necropolis,