Start by marking “Jon's Spooky Corpse Conundrum (Jon's Mysteries, #3)” as Want to Read:
Jon's Spooky Corpse Conundrum (Jon's Mysteries, #3)

Jon's Spooky Corpse Conundrum

(Jon's Mysteries #3)

I’ve investigated some pretty strange cases in my life, but I have to say this is a first. A corpse—a murder victim—has gone missing during the middle of an investigation, and no one has any clue where it went. Psy is called in to clear the investigative team, make sure they’re not an accomplice. It’s a four hour drive outside of Nashville, to a place famous for being haun ...more
Published August 2nd 2019

Barbara➰
I absolutely adore these two! We've got a case of a missing corpse and an unexpected surprise. Jon comes face to face with someone who's been missing and it's sad to hear their story as to why they've been missing. I was glad it all worked out. Plus, we get rid of two certain douche bags. Just fabulous!

Now I can't wait for Sho & Garrett's story. Plus, I want to see more of Caleb & Neil. I hope they show up more.
⚣Michaelle⚣
Best one of the 3 so far.

(But again, the use of "collaborate" in regards to independent evidence" instead of "corroborating" evidence was irritating.)
~Volha~
Aug 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Another wonderful addition to the series! Jon finally has settled into the relationship with Donovan, and whatever doubts he had before are now gone. So, when the unusual case takes them out of town, Jon never expects to find the answers to his past and change his family forever. I loved the family drama. It was very emotional and highly entertaining.

The case while still depended on Jon's psychic abilities did require some police work. And while working on it, Jon has uncovered evidence of a lo
Susan
Aug 11, 2019 rated it really liked it

I loved the first book but was quite bored with the second one. I was glad I liked this one better! But I do have to say that I still felt that there is so much untapped potential in these books.

There is something that bothers me in this series. I noticed in the second book that there was a lot of fuss being made of something that ended up being very boring. But I felt like I was constantly told how much of a big deal it was so I had to feel that way (spoiler, I didn’t).

The same thing h
Bo
Aug 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Claudia
I love A.J. Sherwoods work and I absolutely adore Jon and Donovan. and I loved, loved, LOVED, the first two books.
but although this one was a great read and a good addition, it was not on the same level as the others. but don't get me wrong ... normally this book would maybe get 5 stars but because of my expectations it got down to 4,5 stars.

nevertheless ... this is an absolutely recommended book!!!

the mystery is interesting and I loved to see that Donovan has also his little weaknesses ;)
maybe
Courtney Bassett
Still awesome

I love this series so much! It’s a great blend of humor, action, and romance. The characters are vivid and the mystery is interesting. Can’t wait for more!
Amy Aislin
Not my favourite of the series. The writing wasn't as tight and tended to meander, going into unnecessary places the reader didn't need to be privy to. We were told the same information multiple times, as if our characters forgot they'd already heard the same info in the previous chapter. While I adore Jon and Donovan, I felt like they didn't get much page time in this instalment, and thus the relationship development was nonexistent. Told in dual first person POV, I sometimes struggled to remem ...more
Amanda
Aug 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
"I can tell within minutes of meeting someone if I want to burn their house down or not."

This book has Jon and Donovan traveling to a haunted house, solving more than one murder , and reconnecting with family .

The case was interesting and just the right amount of spooky. I absolutely loved the fact that the setting is based on a real location! Just as important as the case, the family relationships in this one change and grow significantly. There are more than a few family moments that will lea
Devoted♥Reader
Sep 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Jon and Donovan have a new case and this time it’s weird even for them. A dead body has disappeared from a haunted house. If that wasn’t enough, the case brings a stranger from Jon’s past into his life and Donovan isn’t exactly sure how to help. Elsewhere, Sho’s ex is causing problems and Garrett isn’t happy about it. Something fishy is going on and it’s up to our merry band to find the solution.

Once again, I love the mystery running throughout this story. It kept me entertained from cover to c
Rachelle
Sep 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Book 3 of this series, might just be my favourite.

In this book they go to solve the mystery of the "missing corpse". Yup, the dead man went "poof", gone. So the team is called to find the "body" and solve the murder.

This all takes place in a "haunted house". Donovan does NOT do ghosts. He may be a real bad ass, but give him a haunted house and possible ghosts and he's prepared to run the other way. Too funny! Garrett is enjoying this one, he's loving teasing Donovan about it.

Jon has a bit of dif
Sabella
Aug 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another winner

I have loved this series since the first one and they just keep getting better. Jon and Donovan’s relationship continues to improve and become stronger. We get to find out more about each of them with every book. In this one, we have a surprise from the past that will either bring resolution to Jon or break his heart. Donovan continues to work on how over protective he is and we find out something that scares the gentle man.

As with the others, the author does an incredible and ins
FairyG
Aug 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Still good

Third book in the series and still a great read. All the comments made in the last review still stand for this book but I would say there were a few more loose ends concerning the police drama aspect, than in the other two.

That said there is a lot more relationship drama in this story. This is also really well done, as we have got to know and invest in the characters for two other stories, it has more impact than it would have had in the first book. Again, the author seems able to weav
Shannon
Shelves: mm
Quite the conundrum as to what I liked more

This book knocks it out of the park once more.
AJ takes Jonovan and brings them to a haunted house and Jon’s haunted past.
We are introduced to more of Jon’s family and how a certain person seriously manipulated them. AJ deftly steers the the boys through the bog of hate and lies with the mystery of the haunted house.

I was on the edge of my seat as I read this book, eagerly absorbing it. The writing is clear and fast paced. The love that radiates betwe
Melanie Rawlinson
Sep 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Three for three - this series is wonderful

Once more, AJ Sherwood brings together the wonderful team at Psy Agency, an interesting mystery, some lovely additional characters and some personal stories and makes it all brilliant.
A corpse has gone missing in another town’s case, and the whole team comes in to track him down and solve the murder. But when they get there, Jon has more on his plate than this murder as personal and professional challenges come out of the woodwork. (I’m trying so hard n
Beth
Aug 04, 2019 added it
Yet another engaging story in the series

The series just keeps getting better. We get more developments in several of the relationships in the series. The mystery is enough to hold our interest but the book is really much more about character development, background and perceived relationships...which ties into the murders as well. The author does a great job of weaving those things together. When is love, Love vs obsession? What actions symbolize love? And not just romantic love but familial lov
R
Jon and Donovan are back with another case. This time they have to go to a spooky mansion. A body is missing and Jon’s help is needed to find out what happened. As they get embroiled in the mystery, Jon’s past steps up to greet him.

The joy of this series is the interaction between our psychic and his anchor. The mystery bits are intriguing and because the fun is discovering what’s next, it’s hard to review. I’ll just say this was as good as the other books in the series and I enjoyed reading it
Shey Houston
Aug 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic book 3 in this series!!!

I have enjoyed this series so much. I love Donavan and Jon as well as the other characters that make this such a great book.
This one was definitely a little more emotional than the past two but a lot of questions were answered from Jon's past. I can't wait to see more come from that storyline.
Another mysterious case, times two, you don't want to miss out!!
Natasha Lynn Harris
Aug 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great

So there is a lot going on in this book, we have two murders(one where the body just disappears right under the cops noses), a stalker on the loose, and a family torn apart being put back together.
I really really enjoy this series, everything about it just draws you in from the crimes, to the different psychic abilities, and the characters and their relationships. I hope more is coming.....
Celine
This third mystery was amazing from beginning to the end.

The story was very interesting, very strange and spooky.

I loved all the different relationships we get to see developing in this book. This one was more about family, roots, understanding, trust and so much love.

Jon and Donovan once again set the barre very high in relationship goals :-)

Really loved it and looking forward to more Jon's mysteries and his lovely cast of characters
April Lyn
I love me some good Jon and Donovan story. This book peels a different layer of Jon. We get to meet his father here. We also get to experience Donovan's utter abhorrence towards haunted houses. Jon and Donovan are a great team. Their adventures are always a delight to read. There's murder that needs to be solved, mysteries that needed to be unraveled.

I cannot wait for more stories from these bunch. Also, Alina. She's awesome.
DeeNeez
Sep 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’m loving this series.not only do I love Donavan and Jon, but whole premise of the psychic police team. Of course I love the humor too! This book was a key family reunion and forgiveness, especially when the truth of the past comes out. Loved the mystery of both murders, and to find out Donavan’ Achilles heel is ghosts. Hah! We need more Garrett and Sho. I still want a book on Donavan’s brother with the FBI. And we have not seen the last of Roger, you can count on it!
Diana Glewwe
Sep 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
My favorite of the series so far

I really enjoyed this. With the main characters relationship firmly established, the author spent some more time on secondary characters. If I had any complaints, its that things tend to wrap up a little too easily on the personal family drama side after a little hesitation at the begining. The mystery side is interesting and has a couple nice tangents.
Lisa Goodman
Aug 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Solid entertaining stories

I've read and enjoyed all three books. The characters are folks I'd like to get to know. Best of all, the psychic stuff came off as so normal that I expected to discover that it was true. Wishful thinking, but fun. I'm already waiting for the next book in this series to come out. Thanks!
Orianna Blesi
Aug 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love this so much

I love this author, I hope she never ever stops writing. I love this series so much, and when I say that, I mean it. My heart's all warm and fuzzy. Jon and Donovan are great characters, I love their relationship, and I wish they had about 5 more books coming. I can't wait for Sho and Garrett's book!!
Lindsay Hardin
Aug 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Jon’s Mysteries 3

I love Jon and Donovan. These two tend to find trouble...or maybe trouble finds them. Loved getting to meet and know Jon’s fathers. That made this book extra special since we had the mystery and the added depth of family in this one. Was so excited to hear that more books are coming in this series.
Christa Mclendon
Aug 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Nothing like the smell of bacon first thing in the morning

Can I just say that I love these books? OMG 😍 I fan girled so hard over Caleb and Neil just couldn't get over how cute they are! I can't wait to hear more from Jon, Don , their physic crew and the sexy grandpa's XD MORE PLS
Sandy Smith
Another awesome book

Another awesome story. I wasn’t sure if it would get monotonous with the same couple doing similar cases. Absolutely didn’t at all. Jon is fantastic but I absolutely adore Donovan the great big teddy bear. A couple of side stories moving along too. Cant wait for more
Diana Davies
Aug 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wonderfully written story

This was a great story. It kept moving along and didn't grow stagnant. I haven't read the other books in the series yet, but didn't feel lost at all. Both mystery and love and a reunited family. It was written very well! A full length book. Great story! I will now be looking for the others in the series.
Tricia
Aug 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
I dig this series!

Donovan and Jon are jiving so well now! So much less fear. We got to meet Jon's dad, which rocked. The story in the middle was actually not easy to figure out. Normally I have the who dunnit figured way in advance. I enjoy being stumped.
The story ends with something we have been looking forward to, also. So yay!
« previous 1 3 next »
AJ Sherwood believes in happily ever afters, magic, dragons, good men, and dark chocolate. She often dreams at night of delectable men doing sexy things with each other. In between writing multiple books (often at the same time) she pets her cats, plays with her dogs, and attempts insane things like aerial yoga.

She currently resides in Tennessee with aforementioned cats, dogs, and her editor/best

Jon's Mysteries (3 books)
  • Jon's Downright Ridiculous Shooting Case (Jon's Mysteries, #1)
  • Jon's Crazy Head-Boppin' Mystery (Jon's Mysteries, #2)