Start by marking “Loving Like Jane” as Want to Read:
Loving Like Jane

Loving Like Jane

Allie’s dream of writing a best-selling novel for a top literary agent is finally coming true. Except, she has already agreed to go on a bucket list Jane Austen Tour for three weeks with her newly-divorced aunt and widowed mother. To complicate matters, Allie can’t decide what the Best Novel Ever idea should be, and the first three chapters are due in, what else, three ...more
400 pages
Published September 24th 2019 by Mirror Press

To ask other readers questions about Loving Like Jane, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Loving Like Jane

Start your review of Loving Like Jane
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
Wowza, this is a looooooooong book. I didn't realize going into it that it was so long. It's not that I necessarily have any against long books but when they start feeling long, then it's probably too long. (if that makes any sense at all) I will admit to skimming a bit because the story just started dragging and I became impatient. It's funny because the author in this book, Allie, is given advice to cut her book down. I feel like this book needed some of that.

Having said that, there was
Julie Carpenter
It's no secret that I'm a Jane Austen fan! If it says Jane, I'm interested. And when I saw this book, I was definitely interested. I've read several books that are remakes of Jane Austen's work and I've read several that give a great tip of the hat to her works and her life. Some have been hits for me and others have been just ok. I haven't read any that I didn't care for yet but I'm sure there are probably some out there. This one was one that I enjoyed.

The beginning felt like I jumped right
Lisa
Sep 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh my! This book was Austin intense! I loved it! It truly made me want to read all the Austin and go on a tour right now! Beckett and Allie were great! So much attention to detail. Beautiful novel! Ready for the next!
Luci Jamison
Aug 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow!
I really enjoyed this book and how it reflected how life can throw challenges at you and you can still rise above. That you can be a good person and still have hard things happen. It is what you do with them and and allow it to make a better person from the struggle. The characters reflected this well.
I liked the characters Beckett and Allie. I thought the way they support and grow with each other and themselves was well done. Their self doubts and pain with previous relationships and how to
Becky Jensen
Aug 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
A sweet, clean romance set in Austen's stomping grounds of Old England, and New England too. It wasn't what I expected and went in a completely different direction than I would've thought halfway through the book. I liked that it wasn't predictable and that I enjoyed the journey to the end. I hope she continues the series with the other ladies in the group.
Kathy
Aug 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
This was a new author to me and I LOVED it! I loved the Jane Austen quote at the beginning of each chapter. The story line was wonderful and each time I thought things were wrapping up, there were new twists and turns. I loved the characters. I will look for more from Connie E Sokol!
Christi
Aug 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book and I'm not really a Jane Austen fan, although I am now after reading such a moving book!
Nari
Aug 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book had much more to it that I was expecting. The story had fun facts about Jane Austin. It has a great romance. It has likable and relatable characters. I like how the story developed and showed the growth of Allie and Beckett. I really enjoyed the strong family aspects to the story. The only complaint I had was it was very confusing at the beginning to kept straight Allie’s college friends who are introduced in the first chapter.
Corey
Aug 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This really only gets 3.5 stars from me, but I rounded up since Goodreads won’t let me do 1/2. I liked it until around 70% through. Then the book lagged a lot. It was a weird read, like they tried to rush the events and timelines in the last quarter of the story but it still felt slow somehow. It almost seemed like two different authors tried to write it and then smoosh their parts together.
Adrienne
Sep 17, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, contemporary
The premise of the book is fun, with Allie going on a Jane Austen tour, and Beckett was pretty dreamy. He definitely made a great leading man. I didn't connect with Allie as much as I would have liked; sometimes she annoyed me (like constantly pointing out another tour member's dentures). There were a lot of obstacles to the path of the happily-ever-after, and I wonder if the plot would have flowed better if there hadn't been quite so many; it was a little hard to keep being interested because ...more
Stacey
Aug 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
After months of not picking up a book, either hard copy or digital I found getting into Loving Like Jane very engaging. I was so excited to get the opportunity to read and review, Loving Like Jane. I was not disappointed. It was a great read. It's a book that you can trust with quality content. I would consider it to be a proper romance and I would be comfortable reading and sharing with someone else.
Charity Davis
Aug 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The perfect twining of Jane Austen and modern day clean romance. This book celebrates the importance of connection to family, good friends, community and most importantly to true love, not settling for anything less. The main characters are endearing and relatable. The story line is laid out perfectly leaving you struggling to put the book down because each chapter is a page turner. I was thrilled to learn this book is the start of a series because I mourned when the book ended, longing to ...more
Shana
Aug 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The interest of mixing modern day with Jane Austen is genius and the introduction of characters you know you get to revisit in the series gives me anticipation. The story is not all happy ending and I like that there are GREAT challenges the characters face. But all is overcome, not with ease but lots of hard work and participation of those that love. Family relationships are wonderful in this story and the place that it was written about, you want to experience for yourself.
Donna Campbell
Aug 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this story and the wonderful characters. The chemistry between these two was really sweet. This is a sweet, clean romance.
Annie
Aug 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Jane Austen fans, this book is for you. The story unfolds with the main character on a paid tour package to the English countryside. From there, her own clean romance unfolds with obstacles aplenty (too many?) along the way. But the HEA ending does not disappoint. Because of my love for this light genre, I expect to reread this book and look forward to the next one in the series.
Crystal (Books Are Sanity!!!)
Loving Like Jane is one of those stories that took a bit for me to really get into. However, once I did get into it, I found myself not wanting to put it down. I was cheering for Allie to find her way; find out what she really wanted. Was it Tate with his over-the-top shows of his love? Was it writing the perfect novel? What was it for Allie? Her character was down-to-earth and refreshing. She cared about her family and anyone else who came into her life. Beckett was one of those characters that ...more
Sunshinemeg
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book and can't wait to read the rest of the series!
I laughed along the way as the main character (Allie) tried to take advantage of her amazing opportunity to show off her writing and get an agent. She continually struggled to make all the pieces in her life fit the way she wanted them. She is kind and has great real relationships with her mother, aunt and friends. The idea of an Austen tour and adding quotes throughout the book was enjoyable. Allie faced some real challenges, where
Courtney
Oct 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is wonderful. She's taken an Austen theme and set it beautifully in our modern world. Her descriptions of England are lovely and accurate. She had also modernized our Austen hero. If only every man were so intelligent, intense, funny, romantic, selfless, humble, hard working, passionate, steadfast, and, yes, beautiful. So completely devoted and committed all while respecting your convictions to wait until marriage. Every woman on earth could fall helplessly for such a man. I enjoyed ...more
Wendi
Sep 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
I love Jane Austen and England, so of course I loved this book! Connie does a wonderful job with details in this book and capturing the spirit of the Jane Austen era. The quotes from Jane Austen books at the beginning of each chapter do a great job of foreshadowing the chapter, yet leaving you wondering how she will accomplish it. She makes it easy to relate to the main character Allie and all her struggles and challenges she is faced with during the tour and throughout the book. I loved reading ...more
Becky
This book was well done. The beginning moved really slow for me. I had a hard time getting into it. Then as the book went forward I was able to get more into it. The characters were fun. I was fun to see Beckett and Allie meet and build their relationship. It was a great story of following your heart and being happy. As well as dealing with the lumps life throws our way and finding ways to deal with it. Trails make us stronger! They only thing I did not like about this book was that Slade was ...more
Ballet in AK
Oct 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Loving Like Jane by Connie E. Sokol (4 stars)

A wonderful story about self-discovery and unselfish love! Well-written and a great look into how one can succeed when given the right support system!

There are a couple of spots where the author could have been lazy and ended the book with its HEA. But she didn’t she kept going and gave us a glimpse of how supportive our H and h will be to each other in years to come!

I loved the Jane Austen quotes and overall theme of the book! And am eager to read
Peggy
Nov 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
I loved the Austen quotes at the beginning of the chapters and the little tidbits about her life that were woven into the story. I appreciated Allie's determination in finding and writing 'the best novel ever'--and wished my writing process could be so productive (I thought it was a little unrealistic, but that could be strictly based on my lack of ability). I loved Beckett and the romance that developed. I know beach season has wrapped up, but if you're heading there for the holidays, this ...more
Melissa
Sep 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
What a fun story. I really enjoyed Allie’s journey with her aunt and her mom.

Her struggle to determined what is real love, what should it look like, feel like will resonant with readers. Whether you are a Jane Austen fan or not you will also love the setting for this sweet romance.

Beckett is a great character with some secrets that are slowly revealed, leaving the reader wondering what his story is and where does his hidden talent come from. I had some suspicions but I wasn’t sure if I was right
LeMira
Oct 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book was engaging! You know those books where you wish you knew what happened to the couple after they fell in love? This is it! Every time I felt like it could end, it didn’t. It kept me on my toes and had me wondering what was going to happen next. I liked the length of the book because it was able to go deeper. I appreciated that the angst between the couple wasn’t juvenile or full of frustrating cliched misconceptions.

And can we talk Beckett?! (Swoon) Loved him as a leading man.
Jamie M
Oct 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love Jane and Loving Like Jane!

This book was so great! Of course I am a Jane Austen lover, and the little quotes at the top of each chapter were my favorite! But the story was so sweet and great, I love that you can read a good clean romance that still gives you all the feels! Great great job Connie!
Nashellej
Oct 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really REALLY enjoyed this book. It was fun and witty from start to finish. I loved the Jane Austen quotes and learning more about her life was fascinating. Allie and Beckett are such fun characters that really grew on me as the story developed. I appreciated how things progressed between them, it felt natural and not pushed or rushed. Great story-line and great writing.
Pennie
Nov 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love the Jane Austin tour setting of this book. Allie and Beckett filled were great in the Austin love story setting. Then the book took a truly unexpected turn and they stepped out of that world and into the stress filled twenty first century and a whole new story. I was only left with one question. Did Slade ever get the head slap he so badly deserved?
Pattisue
Oct 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Such a fun, creative story. Filled with lots of twists and turns, romance, and Jane moments. It is a long story but with a sweet, satisfying ending. This story is part of the Princeton Ladies series. When Allie Chase embarked on the tour, she never dreamed how quickly her life would change in three short weeks. Beckett had lots of plans but he never planned on meeting her. Sometimes the "one" appears right before your eyes. I enjoyed the romance and the fun and silly incidents. Delightfully ...more
Julie
Sep 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! I loved all the fun facts about Jane Austen's life. The characters were fun and well written, with great chemistry. There are several twists and turns in the plot. This is a wonderful clean romance. I am looking forward to the next one!
Jenny
Sep 01, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5 star rating.

• Mercer's Belles
  • Mostly Dangerous (The Women of Ambrose Estate Book 1)
  • Mostly Perfect
  • Blue Farmhouse Flowers
  • A Week in Brighton
  • Faceoff (Northbrook Hockey Elite #1)
  • Sweet Secrets in Pennsylvania (Just in Time, Book 2)
  • To Love a Governess (Timeless Regency Collection Book 14)
  • Deborah: Prophetess of God
  • Among Sand and Sunrise (An American Heiress #3)
  • A Holiday Affair (Holiday Harbor Book 1)
  • The Lady and the Highwayman
  • Midsummer Night
  • Mistaken Reality
  • Kissing on Third (Belltown Six Pack #6)
  • The Paradox of Love