Start by marking “Holding on to Forever” as Want to Read:
Holding on to Forever

Holding on to Forever

Secretly dating Coach Parker’s daughter was never part of the plan. Neither was becoming her dealer…

ADAM
Returning to my drug-dealing past wasn’t on the agenda when I accepted the full ride to play ball at Cypress U. But Mom lost her job. And my sister’s medical bills are mounting. So, I’ve no choice but to change the playbook.

When Emily walks into my life, like a fal
ebook, 1
Published September 15th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Holding on to Forever, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Holding on to Forever

Start your review of Holding on to Forever
ABookLover73
Sep 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019, arc
Five emotional stars for Emily and Adam 💞!

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

I love Siobhan's and Susan's writing style and this is the first book I've read that it was written by both authors. I love their co-writing and can't wait for their next book.

I have to admit that this book shocked but in a good way because I didn't expect that this book will be so emotional.

I thought it will be typical college romance but it wasn't and because of that, I love it more.

It was more than romance...
Siobhan Davis
Aug 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Meredith
Sep 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow! This is a heartbreaking depiction of college life and how they process and deal with some difficult situations. It was such a real and raw portrayal of addiction and the toll that it takes on all of those involved. My heart absolutely ached for Emily and what she was going through. And Adam too. He had such a big heart and loved so hard. He sacrificed so much to protect and take care of those that he loved. It was the sole reason that he was driven to sell drugs. It was dangerous and reckle ...more
Miftahul
Sep 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
She’s everything I’m looking for in a woman—beautiful inside and out despite her addiction to drugs.

title - holding on to forever
author- shiobhan Davis
publish- 15 September 2019
genre- college, contemporary, dark, romance
amazon- Holding on to Forever https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07XGBP33Z/...
available on kindle unlimited
my bookstagram- https://www.instagram.com/miftahul_ms...

♥♥♥♥

standalone Novel by Siobhan Davis! Emily is a drug addict and Adam is the drug seller. She is rich and he is poor. He is the famous football player and she is the coaches daughter. His family loves him and her mom hates her. She is force
Tasha Mahoney
Now, before I go any further. I should tell you that this book deals with the dark subjects of sexual assault and the drug world. Does  it deal with them well? I believe that it represents just how dark these things are and how they impact someones life so yes, they deal with them well.

Due to the subject matter this is predominantly not a warm fuzzy romance. It is raw and shows both the good and bad in people and that while some people are pure evil, many people are not and they cann
TheSassyNerdBlog
So I’m not new to Siobhan Davis but S.B Alexander is a new to me author, so when I saw that SD had calibrated with her... someone I had never read before I was intrigued, and holy crap... I’m not sure what I was expecting when I went it to this book, but it sure as hell wasn’t what I go, but that’s not a bad thing. This book had me clenching my kindle, on the edge of my seat and totally and utterly obsessed with this plot.

It’s definitely not a light hearted read. It hit some pretty real and relatable top
Anne OK
Full up and over-flowing with angst -- imagine college campus frat parties on steroids + nightmarish sexual abuse and drug addiction. I don't think I was prepared for what this book put these characters through and how it was accomplished. Too far-fetched in too many areas and didn't fully convince me either in the ongoing storyline or the final wrap (although a happy ending is accomplished).

I didn't care much for any of the characters -- except for Sam, the nerdy computer genius.
Dianne
How deep into the dark side of life would you go again, to save your family? Adam took that chance to leave his drug dealing days behind, but as his sister’s life lay in the balance and medical science needs money to perform its miracles, he resumes his old profession. Little did he know, he would be an enabler to the girl who steals his heart…can he save her from herself? Can he save his own soul or must he choose between family and his heart?

Siobhan Davis’s HOLDING ON TO FOREVER is a painful look into the world o
Bookgasms Book Blog
Sep 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ratula
The minute I heard that Siobhan Davis and S.B. Alexander had an angsty NA romance coming I knew I had to read it. Emily and Adam's story was a huge angsty trip! It was sexy and engaging but also dealt with some pretty serious topics including drug addiction and sexual abuse. I was hooked from the start and did not look up once!

Without giving away and spoilers, just know this story is so addicting and will make your head spin. Adam, a college quarterback and NFL prospect is in a diffi
Siobhan
I’m always happy to dive into a new Siobhan Davis release, but I fear I’m going to be in the minority with this one. I was ready for an emotional book, one that broke me, but I found myself unable to connect with this one. Whilst the story had me reading to the end, I was never invested in the way I had hoped to be.

Siobhan Davis and S.B. Alexander make a great writing team, the story flowed so well together. Although I was able to work out who wrote what, this was nothing to do with
Paula White
Sep 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
Loved loved Adam, Emily took a bit more warming up to. Adam would do anything for his mum and sister and because of this he has to do something that he knows is wrong. Through this he encounters Emily and feels a connection. Emily is a drug addict due to something that happened in her past. Adam supports her through a raft of things - blackmail, abuse, the mother from HELL. They have a rocky road with twists and turns. We do get a HEA and two rather satisfying epilogues.
Jessica Robbins

Whoa buddy what a romance! Adam is the star QB with a home life of debt thanks to a sickly sister and a runaway dad. With no other option to help he finds himself agreeing to something sketchy. Emily has plenty of her own issues when the two of them meet through circumstance. Neither wants a relationship but I do believe fate has other plans. Can they save each other in time? An emotionally e
The Book Lover
Sep 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is not what you expect it to be! its sooooo good and soo different! Miss Davis has become a go to author to go when I want something different.
Donna
Aug 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Prepare to cry, swoon and fall in love with Adam & Emily. This is such a heartfelt and romantic story, that you’re not going to want to miss.

Written by two of my favorite authors, they wrote as one. It was seamless. It was such an honest, raw depiction of addiction. I cried so much through this book for Emily and what she was going through. Adam loved so hard. It was one of the things that drove him to sell drugs. A stupid and dangerous idea, but it is how he first met Emily. He was drawn t
Heather Confessions Of A Bibliophile Creighton
Confessions 4 Stars

Holding On To Forever by Siobhan Davis and S.B Alexander have blown me away with this tragic and emotional, new adult, college romance! This book was sp seamlessly written and just flowed so well that there’s no way I would have known it was a collaboration between TWO authors if I hadn’t already known. Siobhan is one of my TOP 3 all-time favorite authors and although S.B Alexander is a new to me, author, I most definitely wouldn’t be upset if these two decided to do another collaboration!😉

Confessions 4 Stars

Adam Miller is the talented quarterback of Cypress University in South Carolina. But Adam’s home life has been a struggle. When his mother loses her job and his little sister who has cystic fibrosis gets sick, he makes a decision that could cost him everything…

Emily Parker, daughter of the University President AND the head football coach. From the outside looking in, it looks like Emily has everything that she could ever ask for. But on the inside… Emily and her family are falling apart. With a mother that’s so cruel, she wishes her own daughter was never born, and an absentee father who just doesn’t notice the change and the emotional turmoil happening within his daughter, Emily is struggling. The horrific events of one night set her out on a path towards absolute destruction and after that, it’s one bad choice after another.

Their bad decisions lead them into each other's paths.

Both of them are making mistakes.

Both of them stands to lose everything.

Can they save one another before it’s too late?
You’ll have to check out Holding On To Forever to find out!

What an emotional college romance! This one was a bit different than the books I’ve been reading lately and I really enjoyed it. This book really hit home for me. Honestly, more then I wish it did. This is NOT something I broadcast, and I’m pretty sure this is the FIRST (and probably last) time I have ever mentioned this in or on my blog and reviews and I am really hoping I don’t receive negative backlash for this but… I am a recovering drug addict. I have been clean and sober for 5 years. Some days are harder than others but I couldn’t ask for a better life than what mine is now. I credit a lot of my recovery to my husband. He has been my biggest cheerleader and the greatest support system I could have ever asked for. So, yea… Holding On To Forever hit me RIGHT in the feels!

Adam Miller is far from the normal cocky star quarterback football player. He’s just a GOOD, wholesome guy and EXACTLY the kind of man Emily needed in her life. Adam makes some bad decisions but his motivations behind those decisions were good, Adam will do anything in the world to protect and provide for his family… no matter the consequences. It was so refreshing to see a character like Adam! I have gotten sooo used to bully romances and enemies to lovers, that I’m used to seeing the male protagonist being a total asshole, especially in a sports romance that Adam came outta left field! He is most definitely one of a kind. You could NOT ask for a better book boyfriend then Adam!

Emily Parker, I could FEEL what Emily was going through and could relate to her so, so much. Her life was spinning out of control and she had all these chaotic debilitating thoughts and emotions inside of her… so she found a way to quiet her thoughts. She’s a sassy, tough chick but everyone needs help now and again and without a support system, she was drowning. Despite her mistakes, you can’t help but root for Emily to get the help she needs and to pull through. Gahhh, yea this one hit home.

These two. Gahh… they found each other at exactly the right time. These are two people that NEEDED to find each other. Emily seems tough but she has an air of vulnerability to her that Adam’s instincts immediately reacts to causing him to want to wrap her up and help her. Adam is literally Emily’s knight in shoulder pads and a helmet!

There was an amazing cast of secondary characters! Sam and Phoebe made my heart pitter-patter! You honestly can’t ask for a better friend then Sam is to Adam. And little Phoebe, I won’t give away spoilers but I’ll just say I thought something really, really bad was going to happen and when I got to the end of the book I was so, soo relieved that it hadn’t. Emily’s friends… Scarlett and Zach. Ugh. I really wanted to like Scarlett, I really did. And at first I did, but BOTH of them went from friends to enablers when they were pretty much pressuring Emily NOT to quit doing the things she was doing. I would like to see Scarlett or even Zach have a story of their own and be getting their life together… I haven’t heard of any follow-up books and I know this is a standalone so not sure if it’ll happen or not.

This one was a more of a “sweet” romance then I’m used to seeing from Siobhan, and I must admit that it wasn’t my favorite BUT I did enjoy it! If you like more of a sweeter but sexy romance with some angst, and conflict then I highly recommend checking out Holding On To Forever!

Confessions Of A Bibliophile Overall Ratings:

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️- I liked this one! It wasn’t my favorite, but I enjoyed it! Readers who enjoy YA/NA, college romance, sports romance, sweet romances with a little angst and conflict would really enjoy this one!

🔥🔥🔥- Not a whole ton of steamy scenes, but the scenes that are there are pretty spicy!

🌪 Cliffhanger Warning – No cliffhanger, the ending was all wrapped up in a sweet little epilogue! 💜💜💜

Goodreads Reviewed ARC Blog|Facebook|Instagram|Goodreads|BookBub|Amazon
Stefan Eveline
Sep 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, 4-stars-2019
I received this Arc for an honest review. Thank you.
This book is about Emily and Adam two teenagers who have problems and both of them choose the wrong way to deal with their problems. But both of them feel that it's the only way and they don't feel that they have a choice.
I loved Adam because he will sacrifice everything for his family. Adam is a football player who has the chance to be draft by the NFL but he will risk his career for his family. He adores his family.
Adam m
Patricia Rohrs (words we love by blog)
4.5

I love when authors take on the tough subjects and bring issues to light! There were many in this book from drug addiction, sexual assault, and dealing drugs just to get by! The story shows you that there are shades of grey and life isn’t just black and white, right or wrong! We make choices based on what we feel is necessity and Adam and Emily did just that!

Though Emily was dealing with her addictions she was also dealing with a much bigger monster! She had secrets and was scare
Amber Hodges
Aug 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a book that grabs you from the get go and makes you not able to stop reading until you finish the last page. I couldn't help but want to keep going to find out what happens to Emily and where things are going to go.

Emily is one of those characters that even though she does some things that are annoying you can't help but have her in your heart and want to help her along the way. She is a super smart give that makes bad decisions until you find out why she does them then you w
Penny Leidecker
Sep 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a beautifully written story that deals with some tough subjects. Holding on to Forever centers around Adam and Emily. Emily and Adam attend Cypress University and Adam is very attracted to her from the first time he sees her. Emily is off-limits, since she is Coach Parker’s daughter. Adam is the quarterback. Emily has an addiction to “Molly” and when Adam’s family has some financial troubles, Adam starts dealing. I won’t leave any spoilers as to what lead Emily to using, but no one shoul ...more
Lori
Sep 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely loved this book, I couldn’t put it down. Emily has had a tough go at life and really isn’t in a good place but once she meets Adam who has problems of his own you really get to see the type of person that emily could be. I adored Adam. The way he loves is amazing. His mother and sister are his world and you can tell he’s do anything for them. Siobhan and really becoming a new favorite author of mine. She writes the type of stories that you just have to know what’s going to happen ne ...more
christine harris
Omg this book was so good, i went back and reread it. This is the type of book you wont be able to put down. Adam and Emily story catches your interest right away. I really enjoyed how its started off with each of them having a story that worked into them being togeather.
Rhonda Ziglar
Sep 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 OMG MOMENT STARS!! This book was crazy busy that sucked me in from the first page. Adam and Emily both have had lots of drama, but these two will touch your heart. Their story will hit all your emotion button with some tough subjects and keep you turning pages. These two authors compliment each other writing and turned out a fantastic story.
Abby J Capps
Sep 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to get an ARC for this and I’m so glad I did!!
In the face of struggles with family, money, addiction and trauma, love is born. Adam and Emily cross paths and start up something that should be off limits. The struggles they go through are realistic and so well written. Their love is believable. This story was so good, you won’t want to stop reading! I even stayed up until 4 am to finish it! Plus who doesn’t love a hot, quarterback with pretty green eyes! Read this book! It’s w
Kari Davis
I don't know how I want to rate this just yet. I need to sit and absorb my feelings on this one.

Holding on to Forever was my first book by S.B. Alexander. I am a huge Siobhan Davis fan so reading this was a no brainer. I think the two of these authors meshed fairly well together and I didn't know who was writing which part. I really liked the blurb when I read it, so of course I couldn't wait to dive in. So lets get too it.

I struggled a little bit with it because of the whole drug issue. As so
darkwriter2011
I really adore S. B. Alexander's books and I really like most of Sioban Davis's books but I just couldn't get into this one. I found myself quitting this one so many times but then picking it back up only because it was an ARC book. I even went as far as to quit in the first half and write a DNF review but decided to delete that review and give it one last chance but it didn't really help. I did end up finishing the book and did give it one more star than the first time but I didn't really like ...more
Jennifer G
Sep 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
One is the sexy, talented drug dealing quarterback. The other is a beautiful, damaged drug-abusing daughter of the University President and Head Football Coach. Their vices bring them together. But once they meet, they both realize they are meant to be. This is a once in a lifetime love. Except that they are both spinning out of control.

Two popular authors writing as one have produced an emotional, relevant story about love in its many forms. However, falling in love, as wonderful as it might b
Mary Mooney
Sep 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Adam is the star quarterback at the local college but when his sister is rushed to the hospital because of her illness, he has to revert to his old ways to help pay her medical bills. He thought football would lead him to the NFL and that he would be set and so would his Mom and sister but things are not moving fast enough. So he finds himself dealing drugs around the college. He will be okay as long as the coach doesn't find out.
Emily uses drugs and alcohol to fight her dem
Sandy Knox
ANOTHER HOMERUN!
I voluntarily received this advanced copy for my honest review.
I ABSOLUTELY LOVED THIS BOOK! This book deals with some dark issues that could be a trigger for some people. It's a very emotional read. At times I cried. Most of the characters are so easy to fall in love with but some are absolutely evil hateful people. Adam is the gorgeous, sweet, kind, caring sexy as sin drug dealing Hero, the Knight in shining armour, he's the big protective brother to Phoebe this sweet be
Stacie Redinger
Sep 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Adam Miller isn’t your typical college athlete. Sure he’s the starting quarterback and he is darn good at what he does, but he’s also a family guy. He would go to the ends of the earth for his mom and sister. When he finds out that his mom lost her job and the health insurance that went along with it, he revisits a part of his past he would have liked to have left behind to help make cash to help his family out. He starts dealing drugs. It’s a quick way to make the cash he needs to help out, not ...more
Jess Lee
Sep 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This did not disappoint one bit. Siobahn Davis and S.B. Alexander and two amazing authors. And together this story is one of a kind
It touches lots of dark subjects and I applaud these ladies for bringing it out of the dark. This story is about addiction, depression, abuse, sexual abuse. And all the trauma that comes along with that.
Emily and Adam are ment to be. I loved how they did POV from both. Adam is hot shot QB that Emily's dad coaches. Em is a lost soul struggling in her addic
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• Unforgettable
  • Unbreakable (Haven Falls #6)
  • Unstoppable (Haven Falls #7)
  • Play With Me (Diamond In The Rough #1)
  • Promise Me (Diamond In The Rough #2)
  • Undeniable (Haven Falls #5)
  • When Rivals Lose (Bayshore Rivals #2)
  • The Game You Play (Rixon Raiders, #2)
  • Stay With Me (Diamond In The Rough #3)
  • The Risk (Kings of Linwood Academy #3)
  • A Hurt So Sweet: Volume One (Elite of Eden Falls Prep #1)
  • Cocky Player (Rough Riders #4)
  • A Hurt So Sweet: Volume Two (Elite of Eden Falls Prep #2)
  • Free Fall (Spring Hill Blues, #1)
  • When Rivals Love (Bayshore Rivals, #3)
  • Serenading Heartbreak
  • PRES (Bay Falls High - the Rulz #1)
  • Rock On (The Rockstars of Hollywood Hill #1)
Subscribe to the Kennedy Boys newsletter to read exclusive bonus scenes and advance samples of new romance releases. http://eepurl.com/cpxkFP

USA Today bestselling author Siobhan Davis writes emotionally intense young adult and new adult fiction with swoon-worthy romance, complex characters, and tons of unexpected plot twists and turns that will have you flipping the pages beyond bedtime! She is the author of the True Calling, Saven, and Ke/>USA