Start by marking “A Twist of Oleander (Maddie Malone Mysteries, #1)” as Want to Read:
A Twist of Oleander (Maddie Malone Mysteries, #1)

A Twist of Oleander (Maddie Malone Mysteries, #1)

An escape from madness leads to murder…

After a manic episode, Maddie Malone moves to a small town, where she finds romance and intrigue. Then her uncle is found dead, poisoned by oleander leaves in his tea. The police think it’s suicide. Maddie knows it’s murder. Now it’s up to her to prove it…A Kindle Scout finalist, 2018: “…the big reveal during the climax is satisfyingl
Published August 2nd 2019 by Brownridge Publishing

To ask other readers questions about A Twist of Oleander, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Twist of Oleander

Lisa Morin
This is an excellent start to a new series. Maddie Malone is a nurse who has suffered an emotional breakdown.
Her mother suggests she go visit her aunt and uncle, hoping a change of scenery will help.
As fragile as she is, Maddie is not prepared for the unexpected death of her uncle, nor is she ready for a romantic relationship, which seems to be happening.
While I wouldn't consider this a cozy mystery, it is definitely a great story. The characters are unique and the story unfolded smoothly.
I hope
Susan Wilson
Aug 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Book #1 of the Maddie Malone mysteries grabs you from the first chapter and doesn't let go. With charming characters in a quaint small town, this gripping plot keeps you guessing until the very end. A great read.
Canadian Book
Aug 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you enjoy cozy mysteries and romantic suspense novels, this book was written for you! A classic whodunnit, but with a twist: its main character, Maddie Malone is a young woman suffering from bipolar disorder. The character feels very real, and you feel a lot of empathy for Maddie as she struggles to keep her moods stable.
After a manic episode, she moves out to her aunt and uncle's cattle ranch in northern Ontario in order to find peace and sort out the rest of her life. She finds peace in the
Jacqui Huntley
Sep 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Maddie is a nurse in ER and suddenly finds the stress of the job too much. She collapses and is eventually diagnosed as being bipolar. She heads off to relatives in a small town to come to terms with her illness and find peace Her uncle dies, the police determine that it was suicide but Maddie knows better and that it was murder. She determines to bring the murderer to justice. The death occurred during a dinner party involving oleander tea and all of the diners turn out to have possible motives ...more
Stacy Williamson
Sep 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
A Twist of Oleander is a fun murder mystery with a touch of romance; a brilliant way to start the series. Maddie Malone is the main character and it is written from her point of view. Working hard as a nurse, she unfortunately suffers a breakdown and is diagnosed with Bipolar. This is shown very well in the writing of her character without going too deep; you can still feel the highs and the lows that Maddie experiences throughout the story.

She goes to stay with her aunt and uncle where she spen
Sue Em
Aug 20, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle, netgalley
Romantic suspense with a twist. Our heroine, Maddie Malone, is diagnosed as bipolar after a manic episode at the ER where she worked as a nurse. Realizing she needed time and calmness to help her regain her confidence and learn to manage her disease. She retreats to her aunt and uncle's place where she spent many happy days as a child. Unfortunately, the peace is broken when her uncle died in what turns out to be a murder. Maddie investigates and find herself in the crosshairs of the killer. The ...more
Sharon S
Sep 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Gripping, realistic, predictable, entertaining.

This was an enjoyable read and I look forward to the next book. Maddie the main character is a nurse finding herself as a patient and not a very good one either. Stress at work aggravated her medical condition and she finds herself within a family crisis filled with mystery. I liked how the mental illness was interwoven within the story along with a bit of romance.

I didn't understand the Artist's character or what role she played in the story, it a
Carol
Sep 03, 2019 rated it liked it
I really wanted to enjoy this book and it was a struggle for me. I just felt like there was too much going on in the book. The premise is good but it just didn't work for me, the book felt oddly disjointed. That being said, I would like to read the next book in this series, maybe my feelings for this book are a fluke.
mandabutler
Aug 28, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: e-arc, net-galley
I received this book via NetGalley. These opinions are my own.

This book is good, but I found it to be a little wordy in areas it didn’t need to be. The story and plot were good, and I didn’t suspect the killer until near when it became apparent. However, this one was hard for me to finish as it just wasn’t holding my attention.
Louisa
Sep 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Such a great, fun read! Really enjoyed it, it was so cute, and yeah, can't wait for more books from this series!
Leah Hines
Sep 02, 2019 rated it it was ok
I couldn't get into this one and didn't finish it. The writing is disjointed. The characters are not relatable. The plot wasn't enough to hold my attention. This was a miss for me.
Annarella
Sep 02, 2019 rated it liked it
It's well written but I couldn't connect to the characters and the book fell flat.
Not my cup of tea.
Many thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for this ARC, all opinions are mine.
pixiepoesie.books
Aug 31, 2019
Trisha
is currently reading it
Aug 21, 2019
Raven McKray
Aug 22, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: mystery
San
Sep 14, 2019
Linda
Aug 19, 2019
Raven McKray lives in Ontario, Canada. She received her master’s degree in English Literature from Carleton University and has a degree in Education from the University of Ottawa. Her first novel, “Under A Fairy Moon,” written under the pseudonym “T. M. Wallace” won the Gelett Burgess Children’s Book Award (Fantasy) and the Canadian Christian Writer’s Award (Young Adult Fiction) in 2012. “A Twist ...more