Start by marking “The Healing Star” as Want to Read:
The Healing Star

The Healing Star

Stars with healing powers are falling from the sky.

Feisty fourth-grader Julia’s best friend in the entire universe is her grandmother. Julia and Grammu share secrets while cooking soup together, stay up late eating junk food and watching scary movies, and go stargazing on Blackberry Hill. They even wish on the same star every night.

But everything changes when Grammu

Published July 24th 2019 by Quiet Storm Publishing, LLC

To ask other readers questions about The Healing Star, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Healing Star

Start your review of The Healing Star
Melissa | Recreational Hobbyist
Nov 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens
What a magical story! Chasing falling stars, magical stardust, a ladder to the stars & cloud people all in one fantastical story of young girl's adventure to save her dying grandmother.

Julia is a 4th grader whose most favorite person in the world, her grandmother, Grammu, is dying from the invisible disease. The only thing that can save her is a falling star. But catching one isn't easy. Only one person in the history of their small town has ever actually caught a falling star, but Julia is
Chris Vankoughnet
This was a very special book to read. MY husband has Alzheimer's and he now comprehends at about a 4th grade level. We read a couple chapters a day and I would follow up with questions about the story.For a child it builds suspense and allows them to imagine what the characters look like.Kudos to the Author for such a magical tale.
Lisa Gonzales-Goodman
My girls and I enjoyed this book. I asked them what their favorite thing was about it, and I don’t want to give spoilers, so I will paraphrase. They liked the relationship Julia had with her grandma, and that she cared so much about her grandma, even enough to risk her own life. They also liked that there was hope, even through the sad parts of the book. A great read for us all.
Robert Lobbia
Aug 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Amazing book!

This was a masterpiece! A.Kidd really knows how to write in an engaging and poetic manner. You could connect with the main character and the imagery was perfect. I couldn't put the Healing Star down!
Jillian Mellon
Stephanie Hill
Oct 27, 2019
Sydney Scothon
Nov 26, 2019
Great Middle Grad...: The Grateful Giveaway: 9 chances to win!!!!!! 1 11 Nov 30, 2019 01:48AM

• A Dangerous Path (Warriors, #5)
  • Rising Storm (Warriors, #4)
  • My Year of Meats
  • The Toilet Zone
  • Other Words for Home
  • TBH, This Is So Awkward (TBH, #1)
  • Five Fortunes
  • The German House
  • The Griffins of Castle Cary
  • Lemons
  • Peter & Ernesto: A Tale of Two Sloths
  • Pie in the Sky
  • The Mystery of Black Hollow Lane
  • Tilly and the Bookwanderers (Pages & Co. #1)
  • Charlie Thorne and the Last Equation
  • The Ten Thousand Doors of January
  • Weird Things Customers Say in Bookshops
  • I Work at a Public Library: A Collection of Crazy Stories from the Stacks
A. Kidd is the middle child in a family of three girls. She started making up her own stories at age four. Because she couldn't yet write, her mom wrote the stories down for her while she painted the pictures. Her first story was called Wagland and featured an island community with sea creatures that ate tuna fish sandwiches.

She has a B.S. in Written Communication with a minor in Language,