Start by marking “Rebecca (The Widows of Birch Harbor, #2)” as Want to Read:
Rebecca (The Widows of Birch Harbor, #2)

Rebecca

(The Widows of Birch Harbor #2)

From the wrong side of town, Rebecca married into the cream of Baltimore society. She is continuously ridiculed by her mother-in-law, Jacqueline, the queen of Baltimore, who makes it clear that Rebecca will never be good enough for her spoiled son, Luke. As well as the humiliation at the hands of Jacqueline, Rebecca must endure the scandals caused by her adulterous husband ...more
Published September 11th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Rebecca, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rebecca

Jennifer Pierson
Sep 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Rebecca is a short story in The Widows of Birch Harbor, who all have one thing in common, they have lost their husbands. My one chief complaint was that the length didn't really allow for Rebecca's backstory which deals with years of issues. I really believe that this story would make an amazing full novel to be honest. Anyway, obviously you know the heroine's name, since it is the title, but Rebecca has had issues with her mother-in-law since the beginning, and who had a hand in making her life ...more
Avid Reader
Aug 28, 2019 rated it liked it
The stories in this series are all very, very short (and I enjoy short stories). But in this case the backstory which covers years is a few sentences and you are left to fill in the rest yourself which means it is hard to empathise with a character since you have not had any sort of journey with them I loved the idea behind the series but the execution is very poor, they are more like author notes for books than an actual full book.

This is the second book in the series and has better content and
Em__Jay
Sep 12, 2019 rated it liked it
In my mind I’ve named Nancy George’s Widows of Birch Harbor series “quickie romances”; they take 20-30 minutes to read, they contain the fundamentals of a romance book and they come with satisfying happy-ever-after endings.

In REBECCA, we have a heroine who lived many years upholding the pretence of a solid marriage in order that her husband’s family name not be tarnished. With his death, the shackles are broken allowing Rebecca to take the first steps in a new life.

Sheriff Eli Barrett is attrac
Kathy Rouchelle
Sep 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved Rebecca's story. This book is well written and flows quickly and effortlessly from the beginning where Rebecca becomes a widow right through the ups and downs, mostly ups, of her new life in Birch Harbor. This is a sweet story, although the beginning wasn't so sweet, but beginning her new life, meeting the local Sheriff, Eli, and beginning a relationship with him is the sweetest thing ever. I loved Eli and his dog Tank and I really loved Rebecca.

If you love sweet love stories with wonde
Breen Rdz
“Rebecca’s story was flawless. The story was so well written and developed. I must warn you this is an extremely short story but it so worth it.

This is book #2 in the series. Rebecca becomes a widow after losing her husband Luke. Soon she must face her new reality, her new life and in the process, recover her damage pieces. This was a story about new beginnings. I loved how Rebecca's painful begin story turned out into something better.

A sweet romance with a beautiful ending that you must read
BookLover
Sep 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
This author has become I will read more of! This is my first book by her, but I am amazed. She writes flawlessly and kept me begging for more. She has written a story of heartbreak, redemption, and second chances.

Rebecca’s story starts out pretty rough. Her life takes an unexpected turn. Her story continues to when she’s in Birch Harber and you see how her beautiful story unfolds.
Jocelyne
Sep 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the second novella in the Widows of Birch Harbor Series. Rebecca's story is beautifully written. I loved it! She is a beautiful, understanding, and strong character. Eli is a handsome character, loving and caring. The secondary characters are also great. The storyline as some twists and turns, and a beautiful ending. Now, I can't wait for the next book in this Series, Emmerson.
Fran Zoch, LSoR
Sep 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Rebecca has married Luke his is from the rich and well off part of town and his mom can not let Rebecca have any kind of sanity. She is always putting her down and making her miserable.
She loses her husband and now is part of the Widows of Birch Harbor.
Sue Roycroft
Sep 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved reading this book. What's not to love about Rebecca. It was an easy read but I didn't want it to finish as I wanted more from Rebecca and Eli's story.
J. Grandison
Sep 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A quick, sweet & steamy read! This is book 2 in the short story serial.
Rebecca leaves Baltimore to start a new life. After arriving in Birch Harbor she lives a life she deserves!
Courtney
Sep 11, 2019
Nancy Jones
marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2019
Nancy George
Sep 07, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
I was born in Hamilton New Zealand. My passion had always been writing. Yet life just seemed to get in the way. Somehow career choices always came first. I met a man who I was to spend the next 34 years of my life with. Sadly I lost my husband to cancer last year. It was the reality of now being on my own that I decided the time has come to write. The funny thing is I can't write directly onto my ...more

The Widows of Birch Harbor (6 books)
  • Tatum  (The Widows of Birch Harbor, #1)
  • Emmerson (The Widows of Birch Harbor, #3)
  • Sloan (The Widows of Birch Harbor, #4)
  • Alexandria (The Widows of Birch Harbor, #5)
  • Viola (The Widows of Birch Harbor, #6)