Start by marking “The Amendment (The Contract, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Amendment (The Contract, #2)

The Amendment

(The Contract #2)

Richard VanRyan has it all.

A loving wife, a beautiful family, great friends, and a career he excels at.

He's riding high on the crest of life.

What happens when the ride stops?

When the unthinkable becomes reality and life may never again be the same?

The Contract has changed.

Can Richard and Katy overcome The Amendment?
Published October 7th 2019 by Moreland Books Inc (first published September 27th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about The Amendment, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Amendment

Start your review of The Amendment (The Contract, #2)
Carol [Goodreads Addict]
The Amendment is book three in The Contract series by Melanie Moreland. If you are like me, you already fell in love with Richard and Katy in the first two books in this series. Going in to this book, I had no idea what so ever what Melanie had planned for this couple next. I had a couple of guesses but was completely wrong. So, this review is going to be a little different than some of my others. Because there really isn’t much I can tell you without spoiling anything. I want you to go in the s ...more
Thi
Sep 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh Richard, I loved you in The Contract and I love you even more in this book. Yes, you were a complete jerk but you turned it around before and you’ll do it again.
I totally got the feels when reading this book. I’ve loved Richard and Katy the moment I started reading The Contract. I loved Katy the moment she told Richard to F off. I slowly started to fall for Richard when you started to see more of his heart as the story progressed. In The Amendment, you see him regress but like before, h
Heather Navarre
Sep 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have come to expect certain things from melanie when I read a new book by her. I expect some heartache, some laughs and above all a who lot of love especially when Richard and Katy are involved.

I cannot express how amazing of a couple they are. They have adorable girls and a life many dream of.

But this book, this book tests them at every turn.

I laughed, I cried (ok teared up), I got angry and I smiled a lot. I have loved Richard from the get go in The Contract and that hasn’t changed. He ha
M L Dyson
Sep 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
20 ⭐’s from me for this book! Melanie has taken all the emotions you could want in a story and packed them into this little gem!!! Richard and Katy have quite the story to tell. It’s the story of life, love and change. Life is great....until it isn’t. It can be messy, scary and downright miserable at times! Sadness and insecurities are always present but sometimes they can be overwhelming. But if you can realize where your strength truly lies, life can be the most wonderful thing ever!!! Absolut ...more
READ ME ROMANCE
Shelves: finished
I became a fan of Melanie Moreland’s writing when I read book one of the Vested Interest series at the recommendation of friend. I then binge read the entire series and fell in love with each couple. Naturally, I was drawn to read the Contract which features Richard VanRyan as our leading man, and was thrilled that his friends from the previous books made appearances.

The Amendment can be read as a standalone, but I do encourage you to first read the Contract, which is free on kindle unlimited i
Trina Patterson
Oct 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Melanie MorelandI am a big fan of Melanie Moreland, and of all her books, and have been from the beginning when I read Into the Storm. Through each new release, I professed the current book is my favorite of all time. When I read The Contract, it was plain to see that it was on a level by itself! One that goes beyond simple words like "favorite book", "favorite characters", "favorite author"! Although I love each and every book by Melanie Moreland, The Contract is now considered my GOAT! (Greatest of All ...more
it.sgottabethebooks
Sep 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It’s been years since we’ve had the pleasure of being introduced to Richard and Katy. The Amendment touched my heart as Melanie Moreland delivers such a beautiful story.

Richard and Katy’s love shines so bright off the pages of this story. Melanie has such a way with her words that you literally feel like you are in the minds of her characters and are going through everything they are. Feeling all the ups and downs making the story so much more personal and relatable.

Richard and Katy’s book wil
Peggy Copeland
Sep 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I fell in love with Richard and Katy in the first one... the next two stories was the icing on the cake... This book however... made me fall in love with Richard all over. What an amazing story to add to their love story... I still get goosebumps reading The Contract... and those goosebumps only continued during The Amendment... one word that I didn't like reading... FINAL installment...
Nicki - The Overflowing Bookcase
Wow - I fell in love with Richard and Katy's story from the first book (Contract) and then again in the second book (Baby Clause) my admiration for the couple grew. Now we have the third book in the series and I just want to give them both a hug. Their marriage will be tested, their strength wil be tested and they will have to hit rock bottom before they can go back up again. Melanie Moreland has a way to bring the characters to life and the reader feels every heart break, every shattered hope a ...more
J Williams
Sep 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely adored Katy and Richard in The Contract. They had their HEA, I was perfectly happy with it! But Melanie Moreland takes us a step further with The Amendment. What happens when your HEA isn't happy any more? What happens when everything you believe about yourself, your life is put to the test?

This book is filled with hope, love, and family. Yes, all those things are threatened here and yes, you will need a box of tissues (maybe two) but the ultimate message is so beautiful
Sue Dayoub
Sep 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When I heard there was a new Richard story I admit I was happy but also scared to see the old Richard return.
Melanie Moreland has come up with a story where emotions are on the forefront, happiness, love and joy, then fear, anger and heartbreak but in true Melanie fashion she brings it back.
Richard and Katy’s journey this time is hard, though you can almost sympathize with his anger. The surrounding cast of characters show us family isn’t always blood.
DJ Sakata
Favorite Quotes:

Love is filled with second chances, Richard. If I didn’t think so, I wouldn’t have answered the phone.

It’s amazing how clear the view can be when one pulls his head out of his ass.

Perks of being Gramps. I turn them over to you when they smell or get too loud.

My Review:

I adore this loving couple, they bring the sizzle to the sheets and when things are good, the fire department needs to be on standby. But we all know
Thuy Taylor
Sep 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
GOODNESS GRACIOUS THIS BOOK!!!!

If you haven't read The Contract and Baby Clause, DO IT NOW!!! You need Richard and Katy in your life!!! I was so nervous going into The Amendment, I knew Melanie would just break me, and she did. She broke me, (I knowwww, HOW DARE SHE?!!!) and put my crushed heart back together.

Richard and Katy's relationship is what every couple strives to be. They are equal partners, so loving, so EVERYTHING to each other. They love so hard, so much. I don't want to
Isha Coleman
Sep 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
FOREVER. We use that word so casually we tend to forget what it means. Forever, seems a long time coming, but tends to never last long enough. The Contract series is an ode to what that one word means. Richard and Katy embody the best of love at the most heartbreaking of moments. They were and will always be my favorite Melanie Moreland couple. The Amendment is a celebration of the healing power of love.
Sep 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs, faves, angsty
About two years ago, a friend said there's a book that everyone needs to read and it's on sale so one-click it asap!! That book was The Contract. That book, my first by Melanie Moreland, made me hate then fall in love with Richard VanRyan.

The Amendment is everything I didn't know I needed. Richard and Katy are on a roller coaster and I felt every single one of their emotions: fear, devastation, despair, happiness, and love.

Anyone who has read the Vested Interest series knows those BAM boys wil
Pimm Cullen
Sep 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So obviously, I really enjoyed The Amendment, 5* peeps! Before I started I was worried/ scared even. I'd seen the teasers, so I had all sorts of scenarios running through my head. But let me just tell you I didn't theorize at all well. Melanie knocked out of the park, beyond my wildest expectations.
I started one night then continued the next at 12%, when 86% dawned about 5:35am and my tablet almost broke my glasses as I almost passed out I had to stop. I didn't even realise I'd read so long. I
Cathy
Sep 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Van Ryans return. I had no idea what to expect from a novel about a couple that already had their HEA but the crack on the cover had me scared. I don't want to give any spoilers, because I think everyone should enjoy this story as much as I did, but I would just like to say that Moreland puts us through the wringer again. I will let her off because she writes a cracking epilogue! I love the strength of the relationships in the story, the essence of family and how together we can find the cou ...more
Tracey
Sep 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh Melanie! I wish I could give you a 100-star review for The Amendment because it was spectacular! I'm embarrassed to say that it took me reading all about the BAM boys before I read The Contract to find out just what this character Richard VanRyan was all about. And he's all that and more! I loved he and Katy's love story so much and could not wait to read this book. I had no preconceived notions or ideas about it so needless to say, I went through all the emotions that I usually go through wh ...more
Cee Cee Houston
Sep 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Amendment is the third and much anticipated and desired book in ‘The Contract’ series. We first met Richard and Katy VanRyan in book 1 The Contract. These characters stole my and other readers’ hearts and in the intervening three years we’ve all wanted more of their story. Melanie tidied us over with the novella, The Baby Clause, and as sweet and tender as that story was, it just whetted our rabid appetites for more, more, more!!
Well, Melanie finally gave us what we wanted and I’m glad
Hanne
Oct 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Contract is one of my favorite books ever! Richard VanRyan and Katy are one of my favorite couples ever. Their love story is one I love to reread and still love every single time. I guess I need to reread The Amendment after The Contract from now on, because I absolutely loved it! I absolutely adored the emotions and all the characters.

I was a little hesitant to start this story, because Katy and Richard had the perfect happily ever after and I was so happy with that. I should ha
Island Girl Romance Reads
Sep 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Amendment is the third book in The Contract series by Melanie Moreland and the final book in the story of Richard and Katy VanRyan.

I was so afraid to read this book because they already had their HEA. But I should have trusted Melanie because it was beautiful. Yes, sure. It was emotional and heartbreaking. And you could feel the emotion of katy and her angst and her heartbreak. You could also feel Richard’s desperation and his frustration.
Love the side characters so much. This i
Erin Lewis
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 Star Review The Amendment (The Contract #3) by Melanie Moreland

Having read and fallen in love with Richard and Katy in The Contract and The Baby Clause and again seen glimpses of them, most recently in Reid, I wasn’t sure what Ms. Moreland had in store for one of my favourite couples.

Melanie Moreland drew me into the story from the first page. I kept thinking just one more chapter and I just couldn't put it down until I had finished.

The Amendment had me in tears and wa
Michele McMullen
Sep 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
I love this series. Richard and Katy hold such a special place in my heart. I knew that Melanie was going to take us on an unexpected journey with them. They say that once you have found true love it can be work but no one was expecting what could have been in store for them! She has a way of pulling us into their world and giving you all the feels of her beautiful characters. This was certainly a tear jerker so please have your tissues handy. You and the characters will be broken down but Melan ...more
Lenny
Sep 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Holy mother ! For one, I love all your stories but Richard is my favorite. I guess I love assholes with redeeming qualities and you Melanie never disappoint. Your stories are always filled with sweetness, love and now THIS!!! I never expected what you gave us in The Amendment. This was a real test for their relationship. I cannot imagine what this would be like to live but you wrote it beautifully.
Where to start...boy meets girl, boy pays girl to pretend be in love, boy is an a-hole to the
Donna Smith
Sep 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Richard and Katy have had an emotional ride before this book ever started. They are happy though and it shows. Richard has become a loving husband and devoted father. Katy is his rock. Unexpected things happen and their world becomes a nightmare. Not that I had the exact same experience but one that has all the same emotions that Richard and Katy go through. Their marriage is tested to almost breaking and what they must endure will either make them stronger or not. I voraciously devoured this bo ...more
Pamela Lilley
Sep 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Well so much to say about this story, so many feelings, lots of emotions. To say I’m not normally a fan of ‘after the happy ever after’ stories is an understatement, they can be a little dull. Not The Amendment, no, nothing dull in this story, far from it. A few surprises that I wasn’t expecting from The VanRyans. My emotions were running high, I hadn’t prepared myself for the rollercoaster ride I embarked on whilst reading. Obviously no spoilers, all I can say is, perfect writing and an awesome ...more
Patty
Sep 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book should come with a warning label "WARNING: CRYING IS INEVITABLE MUST HAVE TISSUE." This book rocked me to the core. I ugly cried through almost the whole book. Melanie Moreland really outdid herself this time. She rips her readers souls out and crushes them leaving us to pick up the pieces and put our hearts back together in the happier moments.

The characters in this book are wonderful and have amazing hearts and souls. Of course there were times that I wanted to throat pun
Janet Taggart Baldwin
Sep 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
After The Contract and The Baby Clause, Richard and Katy had a pretty perfect life. They had overcome their hurdles and Richard was living very differently than he ever dreamed he deserved or could have. But in The Amendment, Melanie's 3rd book in this series, their lives are shaken up.

Richard and Katy's idyllic existence is threatened and Richard has choices to make. Has he really changed from his old ways and can Katy deal with the man he has become? All is on the line as family an
Josephine
Sep 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a great installment to this series. I hope it continues! As always Melanie writes a great story. The highs and lows will really get you. Keep tissues and some form og alcohol handy while reading and settle in for the ride. You won't be disappointed!
susan moore
Sep 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh Melanie what have you done to me I couldn't put it down and I have never needed so many tissues reading a book before. I loved Richard in the other books but in this one I have fallen for him even more. He was such a horrible man in the Contract but slowly turned himself round with the help of Katy, she was the light to his dark and it really worked for them. I loved him in this one and the love he has got for his girls is just so special. A book you definitely need to read
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Goodreads Librari...: duplicate book listing 2 14 Oct 10, 2019 07:19AM
Romance Retreat: The Amendment is LIVE 2 8 Oct 07, 2019 07:54AM
Romance Retreat: The Amendment - Sneak before release! 1 9 Oct 02, 2019 12:37PM

• One Hot Summer
  • Tempt the Hookup (Tempt, #3)
  • The Engagement Gift
  • Moti on the Water
  • Mr. Mayfair
  • Reveal (Wicked Ways, #2)
  • Call Her Mine (Harmony Pointe, #1)
  • Park Avenue Player
  • Mile High
  • Love In Santa Lena: The Complete Collection (Love in Santa Lena, #1-4)
  • A Dash of Christmas (Montgomery Brothers)
  • Happy-Go-Lucky
  • Magic Man
  • Unexpected Fall (Unexpected Arrivals #3)
  • You Can Have Manhattan
  • The Open Door (The Found Duet, #2.5)
  • Never Got Over You
  • Sweet Rose (Baytown Boys #10)
New York Times/USA Today bestselling author Melanie Moreland, lives a happy and content life in a quiet area of Ontario with her beloved husband of twenty-seven-plus years and their rescue cat, Amber. Nothing means more to her than her friends and family, and she cherishes every moment spent with them.
While seriously addicted to coffee, and highly challenged with all things computer-related and t

The Contract (2 books)
  • The Contract (The Contract, #1)