Start by marking “Bridge to Us” as Want to Read:
Bridge to Us

Bridge to Us

When life falls apart, Julianne must embark on a journey of the heart and soul…

Julianne Garvoli is content being a devoted wife and pediatric nurse. She is following her every dream, or so she believes. After her idyllic world is shattered, she must reconcile her lost past to rediscover her deepest passion.

World-renowned photographer, Jokob O’Callaghan, lives a life most c
Published August 20th 2019 by Parallel Pathways, LLC (first published June 2nd 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Bridge to Us, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bridge to Us

Lisa Aiello
3.5 stars - I thought I would love this. It has everything that is my book catnip - angst, tragic pasts, and hearts and souls that need healing. However, some of the storylines seemed to be included just for angst's sake. It's like every angst trigger was thrown in there and it just kept piling on. And the healing and accepting and clearing up of misunderstandings just came too easily. And then, to not give me the ending I wanted to have? Well, that can be forgiven with enough wine and chocolate ...more
Georgia Rose
Jun 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Art of Healing was a story that grew on me. It felt a little sticky and slow at the beginning and I’ll admit I wasn’t sure about it but I then found myself drawn into the relationship that eventually developed between Julianne and Jokob. And that’s what I enjoyed because both of these characters had been through a rough time, Jokob particularly (I actually thought Julianne had a lucky escape!) But it was the fact that the romance grew steadily, and dare I say it, normally. The first date, fo ...more
Laura Nelson (Tangents and Tissues)
Life has a way of leaving its scars on us. It’s just that most can’t be seen with the naked eye. We try to learn from each hurdle in the hope that we become stronger, maybe a tad wiser, so we’re better prepared going forward. With the hope we can become a better person for it. But, some things you just can’t plan for.

These are the ones that wound our souls, and inevitably, our hearts. These scars are much harder to repair. These are the ones that make us more cautious, tentative. For how can we
Wendy Livingstone
This is a new author to me, and I will certainly be looking out for her work in the future. Julianne is a paediatric nurse, and Jakob is a work-renowned photographer. Together these two work at dealing with their pasts and healing each other. No spoilers; this is a must read, you will not be disappointed. I was intrigued and hooked throughout this story, and recommend this authors’ work for all readers.
Mandy Eve-Barnett
Sep 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really enjoyed this novel of heartache and love, trials and tribulations. There is a sweetness in Jeanne's writing. Love is never an easy path but with faith you can find it.
Eva
Oct 18, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very Moving Story

This story tells about love, betrayal, loss yet it talks about taking risks again. How do you love again if the live might be lost again to death or betrayal?

Surprises throughout the story with a surprising, yet touching ending.

I give it a 4-stAR rating only because I believe true love waits for marriage before sexual intimacy. A couple of times language is rough.

The story also speaks about how family & friends are important to helping you through difficult times. A touch of
Lora
Jun 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3 1/2 out of 5 stars

Julienne is a newly divorced nurse who feels comfortable in her safe space with her routine. Jokob is a photographer who captures everything from sunrises and sunsets to people and communities.

The first time they met, when Jokob was explaining a photo to Julienne, this quote literally gave me goosebumps as I read it. Somehow this author was able to get to my emotions be describing this photo that I can totally see in my head and this gentlemen who had lost his only son, daugh
Sue
Aug 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018-challenge
Julianne has been betrayed by the person she loved. She was in the dark that her husband Clay was no longer happy in the marriage and is blindsided to come home to a completely empty home. Because of her Catholic upbringing, she is in no hurry to divorce but after encountering the woman Clay left her for, she realizes she has no choice.

Jokob has lost the love of his life to cancer. He doesn’t know how to go on without her, so he spends his time immersed in his work as a photographer.

Julianne and
Lauren Dodson
Jun 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A wonderfully unique twist on second chance romance.
Two people equally broken from different hardships in their lives meet and begin to wonder if they can heal each other. Julianne has her heart ripped out by her ex-husband when she discovers his betrayals. Jokob lost the love of his life far sooner than he was ready to. Jokob has spent the last 3 years of his life just wondering through life. At a chance meeting Jokob and Julianne decide to take a leap of faith on each other. While their short
Beyond The Covers Blog
Jun 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romaine
The Art of Healing is a beautifully written love story that will tug your heart strings.  The loss of loved ones, betrayal and second chance at love. Two lost and broken souls discover the art of healing one another.

Julianne is a strong woman and a nurse. She is devastated when her cheating husband walks out on her without so much of an explanation.

Jokob is heartbroken when he loses the love of his life and their child. Being a photographer, he travels losing himself in the beauty of the world t
Tricia Sanders
Apr 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book. The local St. Louis references were fantastic. I love reading a novel set in a real location. The references to The Hill neighborhood and Julianne's close knit family really pulled me in. And Bella, the requisite best friend knows just what to say to to Julianne in the tough situations. From Julianne's breakup with Clay (the scoundrel) to her acceptance of her situation and the longing within her heart, I rooted for her all the way through. Jokob tugged at my heartstrings. Th ...more
Dawn Brookes
May 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A really engaging romance. Two people who have been hurt in the past for different reasons, meet and a romance develops. What I liked about this romantic novel is that the main characters are likeable and cautiously enter into a relationship, both afraid of being overwhelmed by hurt again. The dialogue is good and the book well written and told from different POV although mainly from Julianne's perspective. I was pleased that they didn't immediately fall into bed as so many romance novels go tha ...more
Written In Red Book Blog
Jun 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: jo
The Art Of Healing is a second chance of love romance.
It’s emotional, passionate and heartbreaking!!

Two people come together despite there hesitations, both have experienced loss and although their losses are different, Felfe has managed to give the reader an insight into the struggles both characters face individually.
Felfe brings two broken souls together in a beautifully written love story, that will pull at your heart strings, will feel the emotions written on the page.
Heartbreak, empathy,
Elizabeth
I received an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review. The characters in this book are quite likable, but I did not necessarily enjoy the book. It is told in multiple perspectives, which I normally like, but I felt that it was a bit disjointed in this book.

The story itself is sweet and heartwarming- the story of second chances and love healing all wounds. I’d give this author another shot, but didn’t love this book.
Lucia
Jul 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Many thanks to NetGalley, the publisher and the author for a review copy. This is my honest opinion.

Two people experience painful losses in their lives but are lucky enough to meet each other and take another chance at a fulfilling love. A great story which was well written and a joy to read. Strongly recommend.
Jul 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book has been on my to-read list for a long time and I finally picked it up to take on vacation. I'm so glad I did! This is a really sweet story of love after grief. Julianne and Jokob come at a new relationship with a mismatched set of baggage, but it's a pleasure to watch as the promise of a new beginning unfolds against a backdrop filled with St. Louis charm.
Stuart Hargreaves
May 10, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I would not normally have read this book. I have read all the murder mystery's of Agatha Christie and Ed Mcbain, but I give it a go although struggled at times I am glad I read it and enjoyed it. The book is well constructed and I would recommend you give it a try
Robyn
Jun 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Julianne and Jokob have both experienced heartache and heartbreak. When they meet, and finally get to know each other, they learn to live life in the now and experience everything going on around them. This book left me with a whirlwind of emotions, and once I started it, I couldn't put it down.
Paula Pugh
Jun 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Two heartbroken, love scarred souls meet and begin the process of healing their hearts while falling in love. Their road to heart recovery is bumpy and riddled with potholes of fear of losing another love.
Pat Wahler
Jul 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I found this to be an enjoyable read, nicely paced, with well-developed characters. If you enjoy stories about love and second chances, this is the perfect book for you!
Robin
May 09, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good romantic novel about losses and getting over them to continue living
Susan
Aug 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book. Characters and storyline were realistic. Life is not always smooth. Love withstands the rough patches.
Gloria Antypowich
I loved the cover of this book, but at first the title threw me—“The Art of Healing”-- it sounded like it would be a book about psychology, or possibly health or even spiritual or hands on healing. But it said it was “A Novel”. Now I would have been prepared to read it if the subject matter was about any of those topics, because they would interest me. However, I was delighted to discover an incredible novel about two people who have been dealt difficult hands in life, and together, deal with th ...more
Diane How
Nov 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I couldn't put down The Art of Healing once I started reading it. The depth of the characters and their struggles through loss and betrayal pulled me in and took me along on their emotional journey. The passionate, love story has an unexpected, yet fulfilling ending. I highly recommend it with a smooth glass of merlot!
Wendy Green
Oct 31, 2017
Carla Stephens
Apr 09, 2017
Miriam Anaya
Jan 11, 2017
Megan Hawkins
Apr 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Beautifully written and so heart touching I felt like I was in these characters shoes crying feeling and doing what the felt. This book is so heartbreaking and at the same time heart healing. Like the books title says this really is the art of healing.
Carla Stephens
Apr 09, 2017
John Mitchell
Dec 26, 2018

• A Fatal Twist (Downward Dog Mystery, #4)
  • Promised To A King: A King Brothers Novel (The Fixer Series Book 7)
  • Home is Where the Bark Is (Paws Fur Play Mysteries Book 1)
  • The Stone House Legacy (Legacy Trilogy, #1)
  • In Cold Chocolate (A Southern Chocolate Shop Mystery, #3)
  • Riddle
  • The Little Black Book of Suicide Notes
  • Lose the Cape: Realities from Busy Modern Moms and Strategies to Survive
  • Moira's Song
  • The Remembering Wall
  • Writer for Hire, 101 Secrets to Freelance Success
  • Turn A Blind Eye (A Florida Murder Mystery)
  • Out of the Blue
  • Once Upon a Crime (Waterfell Tweed, #1)
  • Love By Accident
  • The Jealous Dandelion
  • Blue Blood for Life (My Blood Runs Blue, #3)
  • Two's Company, Three's a Coven
Jeanne Felfe (pronounced Gee Knee Fell Fee) started writing as a teen, but never seriously until about 2012. She would start writing with stark raving enthusiasm, and then mysteriously stop, sometimes for months or years. It wasn’t until she retired from her ATT Project Management job that she asked herself, “if not now, when?” She launched into the July 2013 Camp NaNoWriMo, the writer bug bite, a ...more