Start by marking “Demise of a Self-Centered Playboy (The Baileys #5)” as Want to Read:
Demise of a Self-Centered Playboy (The Baileys #5)

Demise of a Self-Centered Playboy

(The Baileys #5)

You might be wondering how you’ll know when your playboy ways are coming to an end. For some it might be an unexpected pregnancy (ahem… you know who), for others it might be finally landing the one woman you’ve always wanted (cough… I won’t mention any names). For me, it was the death of my mentor and the subsequent reading of their will.

The signs were there, t
Expected publication: November 19th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Demise of a Self-Centered Playboy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Demise of a Self-Centered Playboy

Start your review of Demise of a Self-Centered Playboy (The Baileys #5)
Melissa B
This Bailey has left me with so many emotions! Oh Denver Bailey..... how the mighty playboy has fallen!!! Denver was the one Bailey that by his own proclamation would never fall in love or marry, he just wasn't the type. Cleo was struggling to find herself and where she belonged and it didn't hurt that she LOVED to drive Denver crazy. What happens when the two people who love to drive each other crazy are left to run a business together? Let's just say there's lots of sexual tension, witty bante ...more
Shawna
Oct 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
DIBS ON DENVER! You've been warned! LOL

Coming November 19th :)

Gab Mce
Nov 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I fell hard for this book!!! How do you conquer a playboy? And better yet, how does a playboy conquer a woman that has peaked his interest? In all the previous Bailey Books, we have seen Denver be the playboy, the comedian, the one who can take a serious situation and break the ice with laughter, he is your go to guy for some comedic relief. He is also very well versed in the land of the ladies. He is a favorite near and far across towns. Maybe a self proclaimed commitment-phobe.

Wel
PP's Bookshelf
Nov 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Baileys are getting bigger and better with each new story in this amazing series by Piper Rayne. I finished this delicious sexy story so fast as I could not wait to see what Piper Rayne has planned for bad boy and lady killer Denver. And I miss the Baileys so badly as soon as I read the last word!

I will repeat same words from my last review of this series. These stories can be read as standalone but you should read other stories first as that will give you more in depth idea about the ch
Erin Lewis
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 Star Review Demise Of A Self-Centered Playboy (The Baileys #5) by Piper Rayne

I love small town romances and often find myself wishing that I could be a part of the Lake Starlight, Alaska community and I happily admit I would love to be a friend of The Bailey family. I have fallen more and more for the Bailey’s and their circle of friends as each book in this series releases.

I know when I pick up a Piper Rayne book that there is going to be plenty of humour, there’s no question, bu
Naadira  Moodley (BookedMercy)
You can never go wrong with a Piper and Rayne book. Especially a book with the Bailey clan. This book made me swoon and want to just move to Lake Starlight already!

Cleo has just lost her father whom she wasn't very close to. Although they spent time together, she still felt like a stranger to him. She is his only child so she expects to inherit all his belongings and assets so she is flabbergasted when she has to share her father's dream and passion with Denver Bailey. She despises him and is u
Johnaka
Nov 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Demise of a Self-Centered Playboy by Piper Rayne
“Uncommitted finally commits, 5 stars”

I loved Demise of a Self-Centered Playboy. It has all the banter and humor we expect from Piper Rayne but at the same time has some serious undertones. We discover why Denver is the way he is and how Cleo is like him but just shows it in a different way. I don’t know about you but I cannot get enough of the Baileys and the next book cannot come soon enough.
Denver is as loyal as they come
Anja Dettmann
Nov 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Demise of a self-centered Playboy will take you on a rollercoaster of feelings and will tug on your heartstrings!
I couldn't hold my tears back so often.

You get to know Denver in the previous books as a Playboy with no care in the world who loved to make pranks in the past.
In this book you will get to know him better. He is deeper. Much more deeper. He's caring - too much at times (this is G'ma D's part to tell) and lost too much.

Cleo ... she was so bitchy in the beginning! But she
MJ's Book Blog and Reviews
Nov 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Review by: Jennifer
(5 stars)

Denver has been the brother that was always fast and loose. He has never been one to take commitment seriously, proof is the one and done attitude toward the opposite sex and his job as a bush pilot means low responsibility. So when his long time mentor and boss dies leaving Denver half of the business, he is at a loss as to how to handle the situation. Not only is this something that he was trying to avoid, but he also has to deal with Cleo, Chip's
Crystal's Book World ~ Crystal Cordova
In the previous Baileys book, Denver was just a guy that like to play but never work. He was just slowly sliding into his life. No purpose, no time to grow up. And then the unexpected happened. Denver's life is changed and nothing seems the same anymore.

Cleo, Chip's daughter, seemed to be portrayed as a snob. But that was in a previous book. We get the drill down of her character and BOOM! She is human after all.

You unpeel this story one layer at a time. Piper Rayne killed it with their story
Dimple
Shelves: 2019-read

Another great read from Piper Rayne! They're taking us home to Lake Starlight (it's quickly become one of my favorite fictional places), a place as quirky and loving as the people who live there. All Bailey books can be read as standalones but trust me, you want to fall in love with the Bailey's!

When dearly departed Chip leaves half his business to Denver and the other half to his daughter, their heads almost exploded. They don't have much respect for each other;
Sherry Patrick
Nov 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a perfect book and a perfect title for Denver's book. In "Demise of a Self-Centered Playboy", we see Piper & Rayne give us yet another amazing Bailey story that will take you on a rollercoaster of feelings and pull on your heart strings.

In the past Bailey books, Denver is a playboy with not a care in the world. Yet in this book, we get to see that other side of him and my oh my was it amazing!!!! I absolutely love the view we get into him and how he feels and cares. So sweet and not wh
Brittany from Can’t Quit Books
I know I say this in all my reviews of this series, but I’m seriously obsessed with this family. Denver has been a mystery ever since Rome’s book, and I’ve been so excited to see him get his HEA.

Denver really isn’t the type to settle down. He is a go with the flow, no goals, see what happens type of person. He is still not over the loss of his parents, and the trauma guides his decisions.

Cleo is mourning the loss of a father she never had, living in a new town, and trying to follow
Bibliophile  Chloe
Nov 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I so love this family and the stories that come from the dynamic duo of Piper Rayne.

This is Denver and Cleo's story...

When I was reading, especially when Grandma Dori was talking about Denver in his childhood, I was thinking of the old Bugs Bunny cartoon when the abominable snowman has Bugs in his grasp, stroking him and saying "I will call him George, and I will love him and pet him and squeeze him..." Denver is slow to love but when he does, whoo wee, he loves hard and
Donna Smith
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh Denver. He is the brother no one ever thought would settle down for anything but when his mentor, Chip passes away he is left with a responsibility that even questions himself. Not that you have to read the rest of this series but denver has been the fun loving brother not understamding what posseeses his siblings to settle down with a significant other. He enjoys his time single and able to get up and go whenever he likes. But he always comes home. That makes him very complicated. He hides t ...more
Cee Cee Houston
Nov 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 'Bursting Out Of The Bag' stars.

Demise of a Self-Centered Playboy is the fifth fabulous book in ‘The Baileys’ series by Piper Rayne and is filled with sexy banter, sassy comebacks and more interfering from G’Ma Dori. It’s Denver turn in the spotlight of the Buzzwheel. Aaaah, Denver, Denver, Denver! He’s not the playboy was all thought he was.
Once he set his sights on Cleo Dawson, he was a goner. She may have hated him, but it didn’t last long. Denver sees himself as the ultim
Marina Skinner
Nov 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Denver Bailey's story was an amazing adventure with laughs and all the feels.
He has solidified a place in my heart as my favourite Bailey. Denver is Rome's twin and these two men couldn't be more different.
Denver surprised me, especially when he comes across as a playboy in previous books but you can't help but love everything about him in this one!
When push comes to shove he is a caring and attentive man but with an incredibly soft side and it was such an amazing ride that I didnt
Nov 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Plenty of sexual tension, witty banter and mind-blowing turn of events...Piper Rayne has given us another INCREDIBLE Bailey family 5-Star read! I always know when I pick up a Piper Rayne book that there is going to be plenty of humor, but this book had so much more than its usual dose of humor. I loved Demise Of A Self-Centered Playboy. It was full of love and family and it ticked all the boxes for me.

Denver Bailey's story was an amazing adventure with laughs and all the feels. And I
Rhonda
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
As usual, Piper Rayne delivers a wonderful book full of surprises on how a Bailey can fall in love. This time it's Denver. He's Rome's twin brother and always thought that he wouldn't fall in love and be with one woman. Enter Cleo, his deceased boss' daughter. When his boss died, he left half of his adventure business to his daughter and half to Denver to have them work together to save the business. Is there more than one matchmaker working to get Denver and Cleo together? Usually, it's just Gr ...more
Theresa Alberts
Nov 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Oh Denver! How we have all waited for you to fall, and you did not disappoint!

Demise of a Self-Centered Playboy by Piper Rayne is Denver Bailey's story, one of the twins who seems to run from any type of long term relationship, which he is adament about throughout the first 4 books of this series. But in true Piper Rayne fashion, when a Bailey falls, they fall hard and you can only hope that their "one" is there to catch them.

As always, these authors request that there ar
Louise  O
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Demise of a Self-Centred Playboy is book 5 in The Bailey’s series, Denver shows a side of himself that I never expected but made me fall in love with him even more.

Denver hides behind his playboy ways, he loves hard and is not interested in committing, to anything or anyone. When his mentor leaves him with a big commitment, he has to share it with Cleo, the gorgeous woman who holds her own and continues to give as good as she gets.

I personally loved this story, Denver and Cleo both have their
Isha Coleman
Shelves: first-reads
Demise of a Self-Centered Playboy (The Baileys #5) by: Piper Rayne

I LOVE THE BAILEYS, BUT MY HEART BELONGS TO DENVER. There is way more heart hidden inside of his self-absorbed shell than I ever could have dreamed. His make'em laugh motto shields the world from discovering just how sensitive he really is. It only took a ball buster to turn the playboy into a changed man. Cleo would not have been my first choice for the class clown, but she turns out to be the perfect fit. S
Karina  Gabriela
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have been reading about this family since the begining and Liam and Savannah's story was the one I kept hoping it came out...every darn month. Finally the authors did it. And it was a great book. So i started this one thinking Denver ( yeah, the other twin) will have his own 5' of fame, and that would be all?..
darn I was so wrong! This guy made me erase my #1 bookboyfriend ( sorry Liam) and his name is now shining on top!
This is a really sweet story, He was not at all the guy i expected
Bel
Nov 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Denver Bailey, Gah! Hottie, twin, playboy and all with a big ol' heart of gold. Cleo has no idea what she is walking into when she comes to Lake Starlight to share ownership of her father's travel company Lifetime Adventures. Their new partnership will definitely test them in ways could never possibly imagine. Luckily the remaining Bailey clan is on hand to offer their advice and grandma Dory and her hilarious antics are never far away.

These two melted my heart. They both had high walls up when
Susan McClintock
Nov 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another great book by Piper Rayne! This is the fifth book in the Bailey series that are centered on the nine Bailey siblings in a small Alaskan town. What is fun with this series is that the authors tackle a different romance trope in each book. This book centers around Denver Bailey who is a bush pilot for an Alaskan adventure company. When his boss Chip dies, he leaves the company to Denver and his daughter Cleo. Of course, Cleo hates the irresponsible playboy Denver, so we have a wonderful en ...more
Elizabeth Swain
One Day Can’t Put Down 5 Star Read! Elizabeth @ Carolina Chic’s Read

Denver Bailey has won me heart and soul! There is so much more to this Bailey twin than meets the eye! You are going to completely fall for him and then you have to deal with Cloe... but with the unexpected way these two seem to need each other you may just swoon and let her have him!

I had lots of tears in this story but in the best way possible.

5 Beautiful Bailey Stars ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐

*Don’t worry... you get G
Christina Reed
Nov 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was perfectly titled. Denver Bailey was everything he'd been made out to be in the other books in this series, but he changed in all the best ways when he partnered up with Cleo. I wasn't sure what to think of Cleo initially because she gave off the rich girl persona, but that's not who she was. There were a couple of surprises, but that's to be expected with the Bailey family. We got to see everyone we've come to love from previous books, but it is not a requirement to read any book b ...more
michelle Shelly
Nov 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This has got to be one of my favorite series. With each book I fall more in love with this crazy loving family. When I saw this one was Denver’s book I actually squealed. Come on, he’s Rome’s twin and the I’m never settling down Bailey.

And in comes Cleo. I absolutely loved her. Once she loosened up she’s actually quite entertaining. I loved her character and she maybe my favorite addition to the Baileys yet. As for Denver, this really opens him up and we get to see why he is the way he is on re
Nov 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Yet again Piper Rayne have another winner on their hands. Demise of a self-centred playboy is the five book in the fantastic Bailey series. Denver is so much more than the playboy that new no from previous books. That boy loves hard and I love him! Cleo looks like she led a charmed life, no cares in the world but she is hurting, her dad just died, she isn't close to her mum she just wants to be loved. There were tears!!!! As always I loved seeing the rest of the Bailey family! Another amazing st ...more
Sharon Jones
Nov 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It was so good to step back in to Lake Starlight and catch up with the Bailey’s.
Denver’s story took me by surprise. Never did I think that he would fall so hard and so fast. Especially as the story started out looking like the hate between Denver and Cleo would last a lot longer than it did.
But after finishing the book, I was so happy that they fell for each other so quickly.
With the teaser at the end I hope that I don’t have to wait too long for Phoenix’s book!!
I volunta

• Joy Ride (Powertools: Hot Rides #4)
  • That Wild Player
  • Unhitched (Misfit Brides, #7)
  • Queen of First Dates (Canyon Beach #1)
  • The Billionaire Book Club
  • Spiced (Misfit Brides, #6)
  • Merried (Misfit Brides, #5)
  • A Pizza My Heart (Slice #1)
  • Dirty Letters
  • Sugared (Misfit Brides, #4)
  • Smittened (Misfit Brides, #3)
  • Nothing But a Dare
  • Matched (Misfit Brides, #2)
  • Blissed (Misfit Brides, #1)
  • Forbidden Lover (The Diamond Club Book 7)
  • Sweet Stripes (Paranormal Dating Agency & WhiteTide Streak, #2)
  • Zeke (Alpha Geek #2)
  • Undeniable Bachelor (Bachelor Tower Series Book 3)
Piper Rayne, or Piper and Rayne, whichever you prefer because we’re not one author, we’re two. Yep, you get two USA Today Bestselling authors for the price of one. Our goal is to bring you romance stories that have "Heartwarming Humor With a Side of Sizzle" (okay...you caught us, that's our tagline). A little about us... We both have kindle’s full of one-clickable books. We're both married to husb ...more

The Baileys (9 books)
  • Lessons from a One-Night Stand (The Baileys #1)
  • Advice from a Jilted Bride (The Baileys #2)
  • Birth of a Baby Daddy (The Baileys #3)
  • Falling for my Brother's Best Friend (The Baileys #4)
  • Confessions of a Naughty Nanny (The Baileys #6)
  • Secrets of the World's Worst Matchmaker (The Baileys #7)
  • Winning my Best Friend's Girl (The Baileys #8)
  • Rules for Dating Your Ex (The Baileys #9)