Start by marking “Forking Good: An Unofficial Cookbook for Fans of The Good Place” as Want to Read:

Forking Good: An Unofficial Cookbook for Fans of The Good Place

For fans of NBC's The Good Place, a pun-filled and fully illustrated cookbook of 30 original recipes inspired by the philosophy and food humor of the hit show.

With its high concept, exceptional writing, eye-popping set design, stellar cast, meaningful explorations of what it means to be a good person, and clam chowder fountains, The Good Place has captured the hearts and minds of critics and viewers alike.TheNBC's The
Published October 22nd 2019 by Quirk Books

To ask other readers questions about Forking Good, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Forking Good

Start your review of Forking Good: An Unofficial Cookbook for Fans of The Good Place
karen
Jun 02, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
PEEPS and M&M chili? yes?

Candace Robinson
This book made me forking hungry! Fun illustrations and good recipes!
Mary
Oct 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Forking Good: An Unofficial Cookbook for Fans of The Good Place

The day before I got this book, my husband offered to go to the store to get what I needed for a roast. I asked him to buy a specific type of potato. He returned with every potato that the store carried except the sort I wanted. What was I going to do with a bunch of potatoes? Especially purple potatoes? The first recipe in this book is for HUME FRIES (hah - get the pun?) It required purple potatoes - problem solved!

The
Mandy
Disclaimer: I received this ARC courtesy of Quirk Books. I am grateful for the opportunity to review an ARC for my readers, but this will not influence my final rating. All opinions expressed in this review are my own and based solely on the book.

This sadly wasn't forking good.

The moment that I saw The Good Place + cookbook, I was convinced I needed this. Sha turned me onto The Good Place earlier this year, and I binge read it all in a few short weeks. It's such a wonde
Janet (MommyTheReader)
If you are a fan of The Good Place, this cookbook won't disappoint you. There's lots of quirky fun to be found in here, and some interesting recipes too. There aren't as many recipes as I expect to see in a cookbook, and many of these are the boozy kind, but this didn't hurt my impression at all. There's plenty of variety and, as I'd hoped, nothing is ordinary, while still being doable by an average home cook like me. I mean, that's ultimately what I look for in a cookbook. Oh, and photos of the ...more
Emily
Sep 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: giveaways
#giveaway #goodreads giveaways

Many thanks to Quirk books for the ARC. This review is voluntary and strictly my own.

This book is delicious both inside and out! I’m not one to read a cookbook cover to cover, generally I thumb through the pages, quickly breezing over the photos and recipes and truthfully, ignoring mostly all of the personal testaments. But this book is chalked full of awesomeness and I’ve found myself paying very little attention to the actual recipes and more so to th
(a)lyss(a)
This is a cute and clever cook book!

Unfortunately every recipe doesn't have a photo, but the recipes are named after Good Place lines or characters. There's also quotes from each show, a little fake back and forth dialogue between characters, and bits of philosophy. The philosophy takes for each recipe give moral lessons, which tie back to what the characters learn in the show.

Overall the recipes are pretty straightforward.
Judy
Sep 19, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
This book was inspired by the philosophy and food humor from the show "The Good Place." It contains thirty recipes for the adventurous cook to try. My favorite is Dante's nine layers of torture bars. Be sure to share. Lots of colorful illustrations are included in the book and lots of philosophy to be learned and enjoyed. I received the book for free through Goodreads First Reads.
Mary Cokenour
Oct 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I won this cookbook in a Goodreads Giveway. I've never seen the show, but the stories inside the book are funny to very quirky. Many of the recipes I would like to try out. When it comes to cookbooks, I'm not much on words, so...
Sheila
Oct 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of the tv show
Won the back in a goodreads give away, Thank you. Loved the premise behind the book, funny tie in to the show and fun recipes. Would definitely reccomend to fans of show. In fact getting a copy for my son as a gift.
Tiffany
Sep 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: giveaways
This cookbook was not what I expected. I have never seen the show but the amount of research and effort that went into the philosophies and the reasoning behind the recipe choices was refreshing. I'm looking forward to trying some of these recipes.
This book was won as part of a Goodreads Giveaway.
Barb Johnson
Nov 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you like the show, you’ll like the cookbook. I can’t see myself making anything but it’s a fun read.
Roger
Oct 28, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I am looking forward to reading this book!

Thank you Goodreads for this opportunity to read something in a new genre! I will post a proper review when I have completed this book.
Loan Phùng
Natasha
Bill Schlott
Semifinal Round
2,139,960 Votes Cast
Valya Dudycz Lupescu has been making magic with food and words for more than 20 years, incorporating folklore from her Ukrainian heritage with practices that honor the Earth. Valya is the author of The Silence of Trees (Wolfsword Press) and founding editor of Conclave: A Journal of Character. Along with Stephen Segal, she is the co-author of Forking Good (Quirk Books) and Geek Parenting (Quirk Boo ...more