Start by marking “A Silver Willow by the Shore” as Want to Read:
A Silver Willow by the Shore

A Silver Willow by the Shore

How do you face the future if you don’t know your own past?

When an unexpected pregnancy changes her dreams, seventeen-year-old Annie tries to keep it from her mother and her grandmother. But secrets have a way of coming out. In a household of strong women, the arrival of a new life sets off a spiral of truth that reveals a past full of whispers and lies—a past that exist
Published October 22nd 2019 by Fine Print Writing Press

To ask other readers questions about A Silver Willow by the Shore, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Silver Willow by the Shore

Start your review of A Silver Willow by the Shore
Jocelyn Green
A deep, contemplative novel built around three generations of women asking the same timeless question: ‘Who am I?’ The answer unfolds with Stuart’s trademark attention to history and hauntingly beautiful prose.
Becky
Nov 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2019
Oh, my, this book! This story of three generations of women gripped me right from the beginning. Elizaveta, Nina, and Annie are mother, daughter, and granddaughter all living under the same roof, but as the story begins, they couldn't be farther apart. Each woman carries a secret, and it's in the revealing of these secrets that they find healing.

While the novel centers around the three women and is told largely from their perspectives, Viktor (Nina's love interest) and James (Annie's
Lori
Nov 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was blown away by this book! How amazing is it that three generations of women who have kept secrets forever changing future generations of women to come.
I will say you'll need to have a box of tissues because there are so many scenes in this book that will make you cry. I know it did me.
And then there are others that will make u hold your breath to see what happens next. This book did that to me too.
Not many books will leave you thinking about them long after you finish it.
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was immediately drawn into A Silver Willow by the Shore, first, because of its intriguing title, secondly because of its premise. Kelli Stuart has crafted an interweaving tale of three generations, past, present, and future, linked by their shared heritage and wealth of secrets. I've always been drawn to Russian culture, ever since my parents first came back from trips to the newly dissolved U.S.S.R with toys from the children whose family they'd stayed with. My papa also came home with Russia ...more
Andrea
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
To me, this is a very powerful book. Probably some of that is because I just lost my mother last year, so I am inevitably taken back to our own personal ups and downs over the years. And of course, I had also been close with my grandmother, whom we just lost a few years ago, though it seems much more recent than that.

Relationships between mothers and daughters are complicated. There are always going to be ups and downs, disappointment, misunderstandings, and overwhelming joy and laughter. It's
Beckie Burnham
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved Kelli Stuart’s novel, Like A River from Its Course, and knew I had to read A Silver Willow by The Shore. Good choice on my part! Wow! What an incredible story from a gifted author. An emotional read, the story takes you into the lives of three women who should have a strong connection through family ties, but find themselves isolated from each other, struggling to find an identity amidst the secrets kept by each generation. A thoughtful and poignant book, I had to force myself to slow do ...more
Amy
Nov 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Mothers and daughters and the secrets they keep from one another is the theme of this story, A Silver Willow by the Shore. And let me tell you they are doozy of secrets. We are given this story from three points of view- an elderly Russian grandmother Elizaveta, her daughter Nina, and Nina’s high school daughter Annie. These three women live in the same house and eat dinner together, but the secrets make them strangers.

Annie is dealing with a big secret- she is pregnant and she is trying to hid
Erin
Nov 07, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: prism-book-tours
My Thoughts on A Silver Willow by the Shore
Who doesn’t love a good book that includes history? I love learning history whether it is the history of a family or the history of our country. History in all forms is fascinating to me! I loved learning the history surrounding the family within A Silver Willow By the Shore.

If you like a good historical fiction type read then this is the book for you!

This is more than just learning about your history as a family, this is
Hallie Szott
4.5

I discovered from reading Like a River From Its Course that Kelli Stuart has talent for bringing history (mostly unfamiliar to me) to life with exquisite, heart-touching beauty. When I picked up A Silver Willow By the Shore, I had high expectations, of course, and I am glad to say it did not let me down.

Elizaveta, Nina, and Annie all hold onto secrets—secrets that keep them from truly connecting with one another. As the plot progresses, each secret-laden story unfolds,
C.E. Hart
Oct 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A 2019 Favorite!

What a wonderful cast of characters with a unique set of storylines.

There are three main characters in The Silver Willow by the Shore. This multi-generational story is told from the perspectives of Annie, her mother Nina, and her grandmother Elizaveta. They are dynamic and resilient women, despite the enormous burdens of secrets they keep from each other.

It was easy to sympathize with the three women and I gained a deep understanding of their pain and desires. I love how t
Suzie Waltner
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Don’t you love it when you read something original? In A Silver Willow by the Shore, Kelli Stuart gives readers a story of family, of mother-daughter relationships, and of the damage keeping secrets does to ourselves and those we love. All of that while also giving readers a little history about Russia.

As Elizaveta, Nina, and Annie’s stories are told, these three women seem worlds apart at first Yet, as their lives entwine and truths are revealed, those separate threads begin to weav
Jenni Keiter
Nov 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I often find myself loving a novel based on a few simple things. Did I get so lost in it that I forgot it isn't real? Did I wake up at night in the middle of a dream that I was part of the story? And do I end up craving the foods of the culture or a visit to that place? Did it leave me wanting to know everything I can learn about the time period? Normally, if I can answer "yes" to 3 of the four questions I feel it was a good read and am glad I invested the time in it. With this one, I can answer ...more
Yakira Goldsberry
Nov 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
My first thought when reading the last few lines of A Silver Willow By The Shore was. “Wow. This is one touching story.” And I can’t think of any other way to say it. This book really left me thinking about my own family, about my wonderful mother and my many sisters, and how they are all just so special to me, and how important family is.

So, did this book move me? Yes. Yes, it did. I could see the clear dedication and love the author Kelli Stuart had for her book while writing it, a
Amy
Nov 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow! A Silver Willow by the Shore blew me away. It is one of those stories that you are not sure about at first and was hooked within the first couple of chapters. I thought this book was great! It is my first introduction to Kelli Stuart’s writing and she has earned herself a brand-new fan.
I would give A Silver Willow by the Shore one hundred stars if I could. It is being placed among my favorite reads of the year.
I received this book from the publisher. This review is 100% my own honest opin
Spring
Nov 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Stunningly beautiful! Kelli Stuart's writing is so deep and lovely. She makes reading a true pleasure. I fell completely in love with each of the three characters, and I rooted for them all to come together. I could feel Kelli's love for the Russian people through her writing.
Christy
Oct 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A Silver Willow by the Shore captivated me. Several weeks ago, I read a book called Cilka’s Journey, and I think that was the first time I’d ever read about Siberian gulags. So, when I was reading Elizaveta’s childhood memories in the gulags, I had a point of reference. Awful things happened to her, and she has so many secrets that she has lived with almost her entire life. Those secrets guided her; they made her fearful and overly protective of her daughter Nina.

Of course, Nina didn
Leslie M.

As the year draws to a close, I can honestly say Silver Willow by the Shore is one of my favorite reads from 2019. I’ve read other books by Stuart, and she’s become one of my go-to authors.

This book was quite unique, as it’s an engaging multi-generational tale told via three POVs: Annie, her mother Nina, and her grandmother Elizaveta.

You can see the full review on my blog: https://lmckeeediting.blogspot.com/20...

Disclaimer: I received a complimentary copy as part of the Prism Book Group blog tour, but I
Asheritah Ciuciu
Marlette
Oct 12, 2019
Elizabeth
Oct 14, 2019

• The Painted Castle (Lost Castle #3)
  • Hope's Highest Mountain (Heirs of Montana, #1)
  • Aiming for Love (Brides of Hope Mountain, #1)
  • Choices (A Joyful Cup Story Book 1)
  • Practically Married
  • Keeping Her Close (A Pacific Cove Romance #3)
  • The Family Upstairs
  • The Art of Rivers (Coastal Hearts #3)
  • Christmas in Winter Hill
  • Once Upon a Christmas: Contemporary Retellings of Timeless Tales
  • 100 Ways to Love Your Wife: The Simple, Powerful Path to a Loving Marriage
  • 100 Ways to Love Your Husband: The Simple, Powerful Path to a Loving Marriage
  • Barbie Forever: Her Inspiration, History, and Legacy
  • When God Says Wait: A Devotional Thought Journal
  • No Turning Back
  • Summer Flash Burn (Worthington Investigations, #2)
  • The Vacant House (Sophie O'Brion Mysteries Book 1)
  • Fatal Memories
Kelli Stuart is a writer and a storyteller at heart. A graduate of Baylor University with a degree in English Professional Writing, and a minor in the Russian language, Kelli has honed her skills in the written word through editing, ghostwriting, blogging, and traveling the world. Kelli has a gift for languages that puts her at ease in other cultures, allowing her to view this creative life from t ...more