Start by marking “Aurora's Angel: A dark fantasy romance” as Want to Read:
Aurora's Angel: A dark fantasy romance

Aurora's Angel: A dark fantasy romance

A broken-winged angel trying to get home. Her escort a nocturnal huntress with a bloody past. It will be a dangerous journey – monsters are everywhere and the truly dangerous ones hide in plain sight.

Alone since her father’s brutal murder, Aurora has spent years hunting his killers. Battle-weary she’s ready to start over where no one knows who or what she is – she just
Published August 1st 2019 by Bluefire Books

To ask other readers questions about Aurora's Angel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Aurora's Angel

Start your review of Aurora's Angel: A dark fantasy romance
Doreen
Sep 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Aurora's Angel is flat out awesome.

A heady mixture of fantasy, adventure, intrigue and lesbian romance, Noon's novel strikes just the right chord. Aurora lives a wildly magical and deeply tragic story. Born of powerful Old Blood lines, her birth parents came from two different and battling apex predators. Her father kept her safe, loved and educated. They lived happily together in the woods. Her mother visited them occasionally but as much as she loved her family, she paid an extremely high
Michael J.
Aug 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Binge read it 17 hours straight

Title says it all. Granted I do binge read sometimes but not for books this long. I usually don't read fantasy but this was really good.

My first ever review too if that says anything
XR
Sep 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
Wolves, Mer-people, shifters, angels and dragons!! I'd have finished this in one sitting 'cause I wouldn't have put this book down for a moment if I didn't have to... it's that bloody good.
Kelly
Oct 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars, this debut shapeshifter fantasy novel is fantastic. I can't believe this was the author's first book. Coming in at nearly 650 pages, what might seem like a daunting read is actually a thrilling rollercoaster ride. This topsy turvy tale will leaving you wanting for more.

Aurora is beast shifter, who whilst robbing a crystal mine hears a sad captivating song. She realizes by the song that someone is being held against their will. In her attempt to locate said prisoner she stumbles upon a
El Gardener
Aug 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fantasy readers, LGBQT, Speculative fiction
Great read of a first time author. The pace really picks up in the last third of the book but Noon's writing paints a picture throughout. Real strength in world building and humour tucked in amongst darkness.

I see from her FB page and author comments on GR that she's writing more books based in this world - looking forward to seeing what comes next!
Frank Van Meer
Sep 27, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: fantasy
I'm not entirely sure how to review this book, because I don't want to be too negative. But there are two main parts of the story that bothered me intensly.

First off: the book starts with a bang. Aurora has infiltrated in a mine, when she discovers a horrible laboratory hidden inside it, with two wolf shapeshifters on the brink of death and the beautiful avian Evie. She rescues all of them, but the escape after Aurora destroys the facility goes awry, as Evie is shot down by artillery (yes,
Starsandsun18
Aug 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Wow that was an interesting read.
The authors has great imagination, Not as action packed as I expected it to be but I still enjoyed this one.
It’s quite long so you really have to be patient.
If you’re looking for romance/paranormal I can recommend this for you.
I like both MCs especially Aurora, you can really feel her power. And she’s very likable.
She has a lot of insecurities which I do understand considering all that has happened to her.
With Evangeline or Evie, she’s a total opposite of
Veronica
Aug 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Enthralled

Perfectly paced. Emotion was not only palpable, my own went on their own adventure! It's rare to find a great f/f fantasy romance that isn't rushed. It might be too long for some but I'm a fast reader and I loved that this book forced me to pace myself. Granted I still pulled some all nighters.

The characters are perfectly flawed and both gorgeously adorable. Fire sex scenes (all the puns intended)
Leslie J Holbrook
Sep 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Exceptional story!

One of the best fantasy stories I've read in a long while. Well done Emily Noon for your debut! I'm not giving any details of this story, you'll have to check it out yourself. I can't wait for more stories by Emily Noon.
A Alison
Aug 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.25. One of the most interesting shapeshifter stories I’ve read in a while
Lynn Curtis
Sep 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Incredible!!

What a fantastic fantasy love story! The imagery and writing are truly wonderful. I may have to read this a second time in case I missed something!
john d beckwith
Oct 29, 2019 rated it liked it
The book should have been called Beauty and the Blood Thirsty Beasts.

While the story was okay, it's execution was not. The dialogue/ internal monologues was so clunky and full of useless exposition, that I could barely read it at first. I finally got use to it, but every now and again, I would think to myself, nobody would really talk like that.
The second half of the book was overloaded with sex talk. It was as if the author felt that if she didn't work at least one sexual innuendo into every
Jason
Sep 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this shifter romance

I really enjoyed this shifter romance and I could see a return to this world. Interested in a few of the secondary characters and different groups of people like what happens next with Raven, Aurora, Evie and her flock and people.

Could’ve used a bit of editing to tighten the story up and a little more world building.

It focused a lot on the relationship between Evie and Aurora which is good, but would’ve liked a little more interaction with others....

Overall
Jackie Rhea
Nov 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
INCREDIBLE!!!

This book was absolutely wonderful!! It was so well done I have to say I was more than pleasantly surprised!! The characters were well developed and the storyline never became boring!! I sincerely enjoyed everything about this book!! I love romance entertwined with an excellent story!! 5 stars does not do it justice in my book!! I really can not wait until To read more of the author’s books!!
Marsha
Oct 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Really Good

I haven't read a book worthy of my 5 stars in a while, but this book was worth it. I love the world building and the dept of the characters. You wanted to laugh when they laughed.To cry when they cried. I was truly entertained and engrossed to the very last page. An absolute fantastic read.
Marta Minder
Oct 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So much of everything

This is not only a romance but also a story of healing. A tragic life that has been spent on paying a debt. Aurora finally finds acceptance in one person she saved from a horrible fate, Evie. An adventure worth reading plus lots of life lessons. Well written and highly recommended. Curl up and enjoy this one it has something for everyone.
marion dillon
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Beastly good!

Excellent world building. Intense characters,the author gives us a deep look into the lives and motivations and heartbreak of the 2 main protaganists. Ok enuff with the reasoned response, this was a d**n good read and the world is awesome! You have some really good supporting characters for the next books, get too work, chop, chop:)
Julie
Sep 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is my first time that I've given a review i really liked this book .I read a lot of st fantasy this is one of the best fantasy lesbian books I've read .very inventive. If you like sharpshooter novels this book doesn't disappoint

For a first timer this book is very good. I plan on looking for more books by this author hope you enjoy it as much as I did
Courtney Rowe
Nov 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic!

This book has it all! If you like lesbian fantasy novels, you will not be disappointed. Interesting characters and character development. The right balance of action, world building, and romance. I look forward to more books from this author.
Melinda Mimms
Oct 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Amazing and long!

Excellent story telling by the author. I really enjoyed this book. It's also long, which can be hard to come by at times, I love a good, long book.
Flausenimkopf
Sep 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful book :-)
Love Maltiby
Sep 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent Read

The book is so well written and rich. Interesting characters story to keep you reading till the end. I hope their story continues.
Belinda Lartigue
Nov 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great story

Good read. Some weird sentence flow but overall loved the story and the characters are two of my favorites. Would have loved more
Thomasjcobb
Oct 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great story

I write lesbian romance novels with a twist myself so Ioved the story looking forward to reading more of your work
Jessica Malveaux
Oct 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful!

Absolutely wonderful story! I enjoyed it so much! The characters are complex and their stories make you feel for them. I loved it.
Michelle
Sep 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely loved this book! I was hooked in the first few pages and then couldn’t put it down! The fantasy genre can be over-stereotyped, but Emily Noon does a beautiful job of creating a well crafted fantasy world with great characters and personalities. I loved Aurora and Evie and want to see what happens next for them!

Some may not agree, but 880+ pages wasn’t enough and I want more! After looking at the author’s website, I found out that this was originally going to be part of a series, but
Judy Cunningham
Sep 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Soooooo happy I found this on Kindle! I loved everything about this book and am on my second reading picking up little nuances I missed the first time! Will definitely purchase the paperback. Please, please keep giving us more! My new favorite author hands down!!
Cristy Kuhn
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Living
  • Hot Blooded
  • Anyone But Her
  • When Witches Wake (The Bancroft Coven #1)
  • Hart & Stocker
  • Outlaw: A Lesbian Retelling of Robyn Hood (The Robyn Hood Adventures Book 1)
  • Chasing Shadows
  • New Day Rising: Book Three in the Dusk Queen Series
  • Coming Home
  • When Dusk Comes (Dusk Queen Series #1)
  • Reservations of the Heart
  • Stay
  • Sunset Fallen: Book Two in the Dusk Queen Series
  • Lost at Sea
  • Perspective
  • Among Gods and Monsters (Fallen Gods, #2)
  • Birthright: A Lesbian Action Adventure (Ascension Book 1)
  • Sting & Song (Beesong Chronicles Book 1)
Emily always liked reading fantasies with a dark twist and if there was a romance between strong main characters to sweeten the deal, even better. After years of working in libraries while in secret creating magical worlds and lightly torturing her characters before giving them a happy ending, she decided to let them loose on the unsuspecting world.
“I’m not winded, I’m just breathing with enthusiasm” 1 likes