Start by marking “Belinda Blake and the Wolf in Sheep's Clothing (Exotic Pet-Sitter #2)” as Want to Read:
Belinda Blake and the Wolf in Sheep's Clothing (Exotic Pet-Sitter #2)

Belinda Blake and the Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

(Exotic Pet-Sitter #2)

Exotic pet-sitter Belinda Blake is nervous about her new job at the White Pine Wolf Preserve, but it turns out that the care and feeding of wild carnivores may be the least dangerous part of the gig . . .

Published October 1st 2019 by Lyrical Underground

To ask other readers questions about Belinda Blake and the Wolf in Sheep's Clothing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Belinda Blake and the Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

Carole Jarvis
Reviewed at The Power of Words: https://bit.ly/2p4mZjD

I was not only pleasantly surprised – but shocked – by how much I enjoyed Belinda Blake and the Wolf in Sheep’s Clothing, book #2 in the Exotic Pet-Sitter mysteries by Heather Day Gilbert. This is a great cozy mystery series, totally different from other books in the genre. Characters are colorful and well-drawn, prose and dialogue flow steadily, and the mystery itself has an emotional, almost haunting, appeal. I have not yet read the previou
Gloria
This is a page turning mystery with an interesting twist as Belinda Blake works as an exotic pet-sitter along with a side job doing reviews of games for a gamer magazine. She has sat for all types of pets for people, including a snake. After all, her dad is a veterinarian in upstate New York. Recently, she moved from Manhattan to Greenwich to get a change of scenery and lower rent and lucked out for a great place on an estate.
With her checking account getting low, she hesitantly takes a job hel
Patty
Oct 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Belinda Blake and the Wolf in Sheep's Clothing by Heather Day Gilbert is the 2nd book in the Exotic Pet-sitter mystery series. I really liked the 1st book in the series, Snake in the Grass, but this book was even better. Belinda Blake lives a carriage house in Greenwich, Connecticut and is hoping to find new pets to watch. When she gets an opportunity to work at White Pine Wolf Preserve, shes nervous, but needs the money, so she takes the job. When a staff member is found dead, eaten by the wolv ...more
Susan Snodgrass
Aug 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
'I know this sounds impossible, but I think someone's framing the wolves.'

Belinda Blake, sitter of exotic pets, is back on the trail of a murderer once again in the second offering of Heather Day Gilbert's 'Exotic Pet Sitter' cozy mystery series. This time Belinda is tasked with helping out at a wolf preserve for 8 days. True to form, though, Belinda isn't there long at all before a dead body turns up. And another. That's all the clues you'll get from me.

Belinda has a natural bent for solving cr
Noriko
Oct 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cozy-mystery
This is a fun, delightful read. I've just finished the book, but I cannot wait to read the next book already! Although this is my very first from the author, this certainly won't be my last.

I have read a decent amount of cozy-mysteries in the past year, but I have never come across anything that features wild animals such as wolves. My usual go-to cozies are culinary ones, so I found the theme of this series quite intriguing and novel, rather refreshing.

Two murders happen in a wolf preserve wh
Mary Brown
Oct 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Belinda Blake and the Wolf in Sheep’s Clothing
Exotic Pet-Sitter, Book #2
Heather Day Gilbert
5 Stars

Synopsis:

Pet-sitter Belinda Blake is no stranger to dealing with wild animals, but she’s wary when the owner of the Greenwich, Connecticut, preserve asks her to help out with her “fluffy darlings.”
Rebecca
Oct 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

"Was this whole thing some kind of elaborate mind game?"

What on earth had she gotten herself into? Exotic pet sitter Belinda Blake expected "off the beaten path"; it was the nature of her occupation, but when her first day on the job at the White Pine Wolfe Preserve brings here face to face with a mangled body, she is second guessing her decision to sign on the dotted line. . . . no matter how much she needed the income.

Staying the course, Belinda determines to remain on the job. But
Wade
Aug 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
“Think of the wolves as wild, not pets.”

“She had a kind of imperfect, tragic beauty.”

“You have to build a supportive environment in order for someone to start to heal.”

Whoa, this was a good one! Always a fan of Heather Day Gilbert and this one does not disappoint. Like Book 1, we get a full dose of the quirky Belinda Jade Blake as she once again stumbles into a murderous situation. This time, it occurs on a wolf preserve and the questions are whodunnit: Wolf, man, or a combination of both? Belin
Mary
Sep 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The 2nd installment of the exotic pets mystery series. In this installment Belinda gets a job at the White Pines Wolf reserve and she is slightly nervous of working with wolves and of course her nerves don’t get any better when dead bodies begin showing up. Belinda gets to the bottom of the deaths and this is a good fast paced story. The story shows us that humans are the nastier of the animal kingdom and not the wolves! Good addition to this series.
Lisa Morin
This is the first book I've read by this author. I found the characters to be colorful and the story is well told.
As an exotic pet sitter, Belinda has seen her share of weird things, but to think someone is framing the wolves she's looking after is ridiculous, or is it?
The story is well told and I enjoyed reading about the wolves and their pack mentality.
I think to fully understand Belinda, the first book should be read to get a full understanding of her role as per sitter.
Kailey
Aug 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book! It was such a quick read! I love how Heather Day Gilbert kept me guessing who the killer was the whole time! I was shocked when I finally figured it out. I loved this book!

I received a complimentary copy from the publisher. I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are mine alone.
Maureen Timerman
Sep 25, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
I was quickly immersed in this read, and it held me to the end, but was left with questions as to who will win Belinda’s heart!
All the while I was reading and trying to guess what is going on, and hoping that the beautiful animals would not be put down. As we search for answers the clues seem to point to the wolves, I wanted to go and rub their bellies with Belinda.
Answers come and there are a lot of surprises here, and it quickly became a page turner for me.

I received this book through Net Gall
Miss W Book Reviews
Sep 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
Belinda Blake and the Wolf in Sheep's Clothing is Book 2 in the FANTASTIC Exotic Petter Sitter Series.
I absolutely loved the first book in the series, and this installment is so great!

Belinda Blake has a new job at a Wolf Preserve and murder seems to follow her when she finds the tour guide murdered. There are actually multiple deaths. I loved all the twists and turns. The mystery is well crafted.

There is humor, suspense, animals and a little romance. All the elements I look for in a great cozy
Tabitha
Aug 12, 2019 marked it as to-read
This was a fun read! I enjoyed this book better then the first one! This one ended making you wonder about Belinda's future. It also kept me guessing a lot. Thanks for another fun read Heather! Can't wait till the next one!
Chloe Flanagan
Sep 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The good news is that Belinda Blake’s reputation as an exotic pet sitter is expanding all throughout the well-to-do Greenwich community. But since that reputation has just landed her a job helping feed a pack of captive and formerly mistreated wild wolves...it could also be the bad news. The news doesn’t improve when, one by one, staff members of the wolf preserve begin falling victim to injury or death at the paws (and teeth) of the enigmatic canines. Yet the more Belinda gets entangled with th ...more
Linda Rainey
Aug 09, 2019 marked it as to-read
This was a intriguing book filled with plenty of suspense ,twists and turns
The storyline about a wolf preserve was interesting as was the vivid cast of characters.
This book is recommended for those who like mysteries.
Jane
Aug 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love this series! Great characters, great mystery, and great setting.

Thank you to NetGalley and Kensington for an ARC of this book.
Jeanie
Oct 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Belinda Blake is a pet sitter for the 21st century! Belinda is a brave animal lover and a brilliant video game reviewer and amateur sleuth. The characters in this second of a new series are delightful, the setting gorgeous, and the solution hard to unmask. We get to know Belinda, who I really like, better, even as she learns more about herself through the mirror of long-time friend, Jonas.

Belinda lives in a guest house in Greenwich, CT and has been expanding her exotic pet sitting business here
Brenda
Oct 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Belinda Blake and the Wolf in Sheep's Clothing is the second installment in the Exotic Pet-Sitter series set in the well to do community of Greenwich, CT and featuring exotic pet sitter Belinda Blake. After her recent job sitting a ball python, Belinda is looking forward to working at her second job of reviewing video games and waiting for the next pet sitting gig to come her way. She isn't prepared for the call from the owner of the White Pine Wolf Preserve, asking if she'd be willing to come a ...more
Janet Sketchley
You might think that after pet-sitting a ball python, Belinda Blake can handle anything, but she’s not too sure about wolves. Yes, it’s a rehabilitation sanctuary, and yes, they seem friendly, but they’re still wild animals. With sharp teeth.

When someone is found dead and bloody in one of the wolf pens, common sense tells her to bail on her contract and take the consequences. But the wolf preserve is short-staffed and she doesn’t want to let the owner down.

Once she begins to suspect someone stag
Melissa
Sep 28, 2019 marked it as to-read
The second story in the Exotic Pet-Sitter Series, Belinda Blake and the Wolf in Sheep's Clothing does not disappoint. In this book we pick up shortly after where Belinda leaves off in Belinda Blake and the Snake in the Grass. I enjoyed revisiting some of the characters from the first story, although I believe you could read this as a stand-alone and not be confused at all.

Belinda is an exotic pet-sitter who has a knack for coming across murders. In this story, a man is found in the wolves enclo
Jill
Sep 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 stars
I LOVE this book and this series. Heather Day Gilbert is back with the second book in her exotic pet sitter mystery series. Belinda Blake finds herself helping out at a Wolf Preserve when multiple deaths take place.
Gilbert is such a talented writer who instantly draws me into every story she writes! I picked this book up and read it almost completely in one afternoon. I adore Belinda, Red and Jonas. I found myself rooting for Freya and Evie and hoping Stone the V wouldn’t show back up. T
Becky
Aug 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Big Bad Wolf?

PLEASE READ THIS REVIEW ON MY BLOG: http://bookreadingtic.com/2019/08/13/... THANK YOU!

Belinda, although a pet sitter, does more than take care of cats and dogs. She also watches “exotic” pets. Because of that, she finds herself working with wolves at a sanctuary. Even though she is reassured the wolves are harmless, two dead bodies appear in the animal’s enclosures, as well as, a third person who is hurt, but alive. Are the wolves dangerous, or are they misunderstood, and false
Erin Addington
Sep 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! Though it is the second in the Exotic Pet Sitter mystery series, it was the first I'd read. I enjoyed it so much I will now be reading the first, and keeping my eye out for the many more I hope will follow! I felt a kinship in a lot of ways with Belinda Blake, and she is the type of character that I think many people could relate to. Her love of animals shown through, as well as her full-on approach to life that I truly appreciated. It was so neat to read about the wolves in t ...more
Kim
Sep 08, 2019 marked it as to-read
What an enjoyable read! Heather writes unusual stories, that's a complement. I would classify this as a cozy mystery. Belinda has such an unusual job, exotic pet sitter. I enjoyed reading about the wolves and her interaction with them. This was a clean story, with just a bit of romance, but mostly suspense. A great mystery!
Becky Lewis
Belinda Blake and the Wolf in Sheep’s Clothing by Heather Day Gilbert was one of the most satisfying cozies I have read. It just hit my reading sweet spot. The characters and story will stay with me as will the fear and trepidation. If I could, I would pick up book three, and start reading immediately. Thoughts?
First, while you can read this as a stand-alone, it will flow better if you read the books in order.
Secondly, this cozy was totally satisfying...from the first word to last. The mystery
Emily Yager
Sep 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cozy-mystery
After falling in love with the quirky Belinda Blake in the first book, I was eagerly waiting to read this one. It does not disappoint. When she stubbles onto another murder, she sets out to figure out if the wolves really did it. This cozy mystery is a quick read and well plotted. With a few surprises and plenty of twists it took me a bit to figure out the who in the whodunit. An excellent follow up novel in this series.
Laurie Dolph
Sep 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The second edition in the Belinda Blake series is just as amazing as the first. The authors love for animals, in this case wolves, shines through. Belinda is a strong main character and the author did what amazing authors do, she left me wanting more. I can’t wait to read the next book!!
Janet Graham
Aug 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wolf Sanctuary Murder Mystery
This was a fun book to read. This the second book in the series. I have read the first book and I would strongly recommend that to any reader. I believe that reading the series from the beginning will give the reader a much-needed background that is not given in the second book. Having said that, this book is quite the page-turner! The plot is tight. I really enjoyed the setting of the wolf sanctuary and the discussion of the animals and their behavior. I can't wait
Jackie
Sep 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely fantastic. Belinda usually deals with exotic pets not humans. When the body count keeps going higher, what is she supposed to do. Don’t miss out once it’s released.
HEATHER DAY GILBERT, an ECPA Christy award finalist and Grace award winner, writes contemporary mysteries and Viking historicals. Her novels feature small towns, family relationships, and women who aren't afraid to protect those they love. Publisher's Weekly gave Heather's Viking historical Forest Child a starred review, saying it is "an engaging story depicting timeless human struggles with faith ...more

Exotic Pet-Sitter (3 books)
  • Belinda Blake and the Snake in the Grass (Exotic Pet-Sitter #1)
  • Belinda Blake and the Birds of a Feather (Exotic Pet-Sitter #3)