Start by marking “Slow Dating the Detective (Cowboys and Angels #3)” as Want to Read:
Slow Dating the Detective (Cowboys and Angels #3)

Slow Dating the Detective

(Cowboys and Angels #3)

A gentle bartender might have what it takes to mend a relationship-phobic detective’s broken heart… but first they have to admit they’re dating.
Keenan Day could kick himself for letting the hot, dark-haired stranger he met outside a strip club get away. Instead of a phone number, he gets a punch in the face—from the boyfriend of his prospective employer at the Cowboys and
Paperback
Published October 29th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Slow Dating the Detective, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Slow Dating the Detective

Start your review of Slow Dating the Detective (Cowboys and Angels #3)
Bronwyn Heeley
Oct 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
quick and simple: I think this was my fav in the series.
Long winded: What I like most about this book, actually probably all my fav Sue Brown books, is that they are very slice of life (that’s not to say nothing happens, thing do, it’s more the feel). This was a simple story about two people falling in love and I really loved it. There were some things I’d have loved being added, like details on Nate being gun shy, if Keenan ended up going speed dating or how that conversation went... honestly,
Mateo
Nov 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Easy to read, perhaps a little too much.
HEChapter -Tina J
POV ~> Third-person

Note: It was suggested that this is a stand-alone and while it did hold its ground well enough, I feel I would have greatly benefitted from reading the prior books first.
Keenan's new at being a bartender, after being laid off from his security position for a construction company. His twin sister is a detective with the NYPD.
Nate moved from Wyoming for a change after a relationship went bad. Now he's sworn off relationships, preferring only to "hook up" whether sex is
Natosha Wilson
Oct 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love this series. With each new book a new love affair with its limited amount of drama unfolds but so does the beginning of something wonderful as well. This book was soooo not a disappointment. This was another one of those books that while you are reading it you find yourself smiling at what you just read. And then when it comes nds, your like man, why did it have to end. Sue Brown is just one of those authors that is able to grab the reader and give them all the feels with her books. Like ...more
Kristin
Oct 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Book #3 in the Cowboys and Angels series. While this could be read as a standalone, having read the earlier books will give context to the characters and situation.

This is almost straddles the line of romantic comedy, where we have two characters interested in each other, but the universe seems to conspire against them each time they try to go out. Where it stays firmly on the serious side is Keenan wanting to hear the words “date” and Nate keeping things firmly in the “hook-up” realm.

This
meep
Nov 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, bbj
4 stars

Slow Dating the Detective is the third but hopefully not last book in the Cowboys & Angels series by Sue Brown. Keenan Day is forced to go to a strip club by his sister. While there he has an interesting meeting with Nate Gordon who thinks he is a stripper. Sad that he did not ask for a phone number, he is pleasantly surprised Nate ends up working with his twin sister as a detective. Keenan suddenly loses the one and only job he has ever had and is forced to look for another. By luck
JenCW
Oct 30, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, contemporary
4.25 Stars!

I think this one of my favorite tales of the series. I loved the first one, Speed Dating the Boss, and this one is just as good. When Keenan meets a hot guy outside a strip club, he regrets not getting his number. He never expects to see the gorgeous Nate again, let alone after he gets accidentally punched during a job interview. Their attraction is undeniable, but Nate has been burnt badly before and doesn't want to date again, and Keenan is trying to get back on his feet after
Tanja
Oct 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
I quite enjoyed this book, which has an apt title because it’s a lovely slow-burn romance. Although this book is the third in a series, I was told it could be read as a stand-alone. And it worked. The story is set against the backdrop of the bar Cowboys and Angels, and the boys from the previous books make their appearance, but it all centers around Keenan and Nate.
The story is told from Keenan’s point of view, which made it easy to like him. You had to admire what he made out of his life after
Helena Stone
Oct 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Slow Dating the Detective is the third and, as far as I know, last installment in the Cowboys & Angels series, and it’s a delightful, at times touching and often steamy, read.

To be fair, it should be surprising I use the word delightful because these two men are guilty of committing what I consider a most serious relationship crime, not communicating, for the longest time.

But let me start at the beginning and the meeting of two men who are obviously attracted to each other, but don’t get the
Claudia Lezár
PLEASE READ MY RATING SYSTEM!!!

To my ratings:
A 3,5* is clicked with a 4* but in review marked as 3,5*:

5* - very very good and rare (it would be a Blow-Away-book like ‘Jesse's Smile’ or ‘Joey’ from Angelique Jurd, ‘Save the the kids’ series
from EM Leya, ‘Love’s Tethered Heart’ from C.L. Etta or ‘Liberty’ from Seth King),
it's like an A+

4* - very good and will be often reread and is a WOW-book with interesting plot and surprises (like most of Andrew Grey books and Davidson Kings 'Haven
Shannon
Oct 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemp, mm, owned
I thoroughly enjoyed the third book of this series.
Nate and Keenan were a delight to read about.
Their story held me entranced from first page to the last.
Normally, I don’t say this, but if Brown wanted to continue the book, I would have been thrilled. It ended perfectly but I want to know more.

This book had it all, steam, laughter (cuz you know, Gideon) some moments where you wanted to hug Keenan.
The writing was lyrical and kept your eyes from wandering. You absorbed every word.

Read this
Cathy Brockman
This is book three and can be read as a standalone but if you read the first two you will have a better understanding of the other characters especially Gideon and Dan ( book One). I had figured this would be Ramon and Mikey and was surprised at the new characters Keenan and Nate. I did like them though.
I loved the first two books but have to say I was slightly disappointed with this one. I felt it had a few loose ends and the end got a bit rushed.
Having said that I loved all the characters
Suzy
Oct 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
I've really enjoyed this series so far and this book was great apart from a couple of points...
*Nate never did tell Keenan about his shitty ex (felt like we waited most of the book for this story but it never came), i felt like it would have given a better incite to Nate as a person.
*The ending was very abrupt, almost felt like it ended mid sentence (which i know it didn't!), but it felt like it needed and Epilogue.

Overall I loved Keenan and it was great seeing the guys from the previous books
Alli
Nov 02, 2019 rated it liked it
Love this series, even really liked this book. But this felt unfinished for some reason.
Christy
Nov 06, 2019
Leonarda
Nov 16, 2019
Goodreads Librari...: Merge author and combine books 3 14 Sep 28, 2019 06:33PM

• Fish on a Bicycle (Fish Out of Water, #5)
  • Today (Single Dads #2)
  • Bailey (Confessions, #6)
  • Heart2Heart: A Charity Anthology, Volume 3
  • Rushing In (Ace's Wild, #3)
  • The Prince and His Bedeviled Bodyguard (Paranormal Princes #1)
  • Hellion (415 Ink, #3)
  • Nuts (Ace's Wild, #2)
  • Bishop: A True Lover's Story
  • Reunion (Ace's Wild #7)
  • Roots of Evil (Merrychurch Mysteries, #2)
  • Rocket Science
  • Stained Hearts (Links in the Chain, #3)
  • Ramen Assassin (Ramen Assassin #1)
  • Stand In Place
  • Tallowwood
  • Grant (Bound & Controlled, #3)
  • Law's Stubborn Omega (Cherry Hollow #1)
  • Brent (Bound & Controlled, #2)
  • Mooncakes
  • Reindeer Games (Ace's Wild, #6)
  • Kel's Keeper
  • Scarification (Irons and Works #6)
  • Chosen Bundle: Books 4-6
  • Brodie's Million Dollar Omega (Cherry Hollow #2)
  • The Twelfth Knight (Guardians of Camelot, #1)
  • The Doctor's Orders (Copper Point Medical #3)
  • Heroes for Ghosts (Love Across Time, #1)
  • Chosen Bundle: Books 1-3
  • The Wife Finder (The Billionaires of Silicon Forest, #1)
Cranky middle-aged author with an addiction for coffee, and a passion for romancing two guys.

Cowboys and Angels (3 books)
  • Speed Dating the Boss (Cowboys and Angels, #1)
  • Secretly Dating the Lionman (Cowboys and Angels, #2)