Start by marking “For the Love of Us: Fighting to Keep Our Love Alive” as Want to Read:
For the Love of Us: Fighting to Keep Our Love Alive

For the Love of Us: Fighting to Keep Our Love Alive

What happens when the kids leave for college and you remember you’re not just mom, but a woman too?

Simply going through the motions, on autopilot day after day, weighed heavily on me.

The one thing which bonded my husband and me, before the kids came along, was slowly cast aside as their needs grew more demanding.

Intimacy became an act; a
Published September 9th 2019 by Red's Bookshelf Publishing

To ask other readers questions about For the Love of Us, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about For the Love of Us

Zane Michaelson
Aug 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Well, well, well, what can I say?
I have been waiting for this book and was lucky to receive an ARC in return for an unbiased review.
So, here goes...
While I myself write romance, it isn't a genre I actually enjoy reading, so I didn't know what I was going to be getting from this new author's debut release.
Knowing Kaylee as I do, it would have a lot of heart (Tick), lashings of emotion (Tick) and something for those who like a bit of raunchiness to their reads (Tick, Tick, Tick)
Marcus Brown
Aug 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A great debut from Kaylee Rose.
For those of you who like a bit of romance, a lot of kink, and some feelings of empty-nest syndrome, this will be right up your street.
I won't give away the story because I don't want to ruin it for others, but a lot of people will be able to relate to the story.
5* well deserved Miss Rose.
Luna Lopez
Sep 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the debut book from the lovely Kaylee Rose and it doesn't disappoint.
A tale of forgotten love and forgotten passion mixed with Callie trying to come to terms with a now empty nest.
It is a simple tale we can all relate to; there is no fluff or overwriting, it just tells the reader how life is for this couple.
I suspect there is more to this than simple fiction, but that is for Ms. Rose to divulge... a very enjoyable read indeed.
Looking forward to your next release.<
Linda Lee
Sep 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
When I read the blurb to this debut novel it resonated with me. I was waiting not so patiently for the release date. As I’m celebrating my 35th anniversary this year it was akin to looking into a mirror. The author managed to include the doubts and emotions, love, lust and banter of a relationship. This was a solid book for a debut and I look forward to following her journey and reading more books as she grows.

As women we lose our identities, we become someone’s wife and mother. It’s a struggle
Susan Freestone
Sep 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a beautifully, well written Debut book. I had been so excited to read, and I absolutely loved and enjoyed reading. It held me till the end.

I found myself being able to relate to Callie which made me appreciate this story...
It had me laughing and a tear or two along the way.
I could feel the love that Callie and Brad had for each other coming from the pages.

What a brillant start for this new author, I can't wait to see her develop.
I highly recommend this book.
Sharilyn Russell
Sep 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Touches the heart

For her first book She hit the nail on the head for this reader. The enjoyment I received from this book touched my heart in so many ways. As we get older and experience the kids leaving and trying to find ourselves back to what we were before is conveyed in this book. It takes you through what most of us become after being parents to being just a couple again. It was a great book thank you
Michelle
Sep 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Always a way with words as Kaylee delivers this emotional and very relatable story to life through Callie’s eyes. I really connected to Callie and her feelings of loss and loneliness as she goes through empty nesters syndrome, and the self doubt and insecurities as she try’s to reconnect and bring the spark back into her once passionate marriage. But it’s not all doom and gloom as Callie and her best friend Tina have me in fits of laughter with their antics while hatching their “get my sexy back ...more
Kellie
Sep 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Can Callie relight the spark in her marriage?

This debut book from Kaylee Rose is an absolute gem to read. It’s beautifully written and extremely insightful of a twenty plus year marriage. Callie wants to reignite the spark that was present in the earlier years of her marriage to Brad. Their boys have left home and it’s just the two of them now. Callie doesn’t want to stay in the humdrum of everyday married life that they have fallen into especially as it forgoes passion and adventure. Does Brad
Mardell Bonasso
Sep 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this story! The subject of losing yourself while raising a family, keeping a household running and making sure your children are here there and everywhere, is something I never thought I would enjoy. Kaylee Rose did a wonderful job writing this book. It was humorous and yet touched on how easy it is to lose track of who we are as women and spouses in our busy every day lives. I look forward to reading more from her in the future!
Aide Gonzalez
Sep 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Kaylee Rose has done an amazing job writing this relatable story. It’s not something we really think about until you get to the point of “what now?” and sometimes that’s too late. The way Callie planned to get the spark back was funny and entertaining and was great to see the help she had along the way. I felt like I was part of her group, part of the story. I loved it and can’t wait to read more from Kaylee Rose! Fantastic job!
Susiej
Sep 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a lovely debut story!

There were elements of the story I could completely relate to, with parts making me chuckle, smirk and laugh out loud, while others resulting in me tearing up. The conversations between Brad and Callie were truly heart warming at times. I'm excited for more stories from Kaylee Rose and to witness her continuing to develop as an wonderful author.
Jonathan
Sep 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It's not really my sort of book, or genre but a friend had recommended it to me and so I thought it must be good... well it was better than good. This author had me on an emotional roller coaster from start to finish. Also thanks to this author for actually helping me see you should never judge a book by its cover, or it's genre where I'm concerned... loved it. Enjoyed it. I'll most likely read it again too.
Susan  (Sandra Loves Books)
Sep 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing

What a brillant start for this new author, I can't wait to see her develop.
I highly recommend this book
The Honest Reviewer
Sep 10, 2019 rated it liked it
This novella was recommended by an author friend and I wanted to love it but as it turns out, I didn't even like it.

I can only assume the 5 star reviews so far are from friends of the author.
Okay. Onto the novella itself - I thought it was written well enough, if not at high school level, but a lot of the dialogue was basic and I found it hard not to cringe at certain points.

The storyline was non existent, to the extent I wondered what the point of it was. To me it was like
Maggie Schuler
Shelves: romance
People traditionally meet, fall in love, marry, live a little life as partners, have kids, raise kids, and then...the empty nest hits. Callie finds herself wondering if Brad still desires her now that the house is empty and the chaos is gone.

For the Love of Us is a debut release for author Kaylee Rose. Her ability to grab the audience through slapstick style humor between long-time friends keeps the laughing at a high and the reality of the empty nest on a fun roll. She tackles a hu
Ida Jolley
Sep 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
For the Love of Us

What a great read. This was a really interesting and funny type of story. One I could relate to. So many times life gets in the way and your marriage gets left behind. At least Callie decided to do something about hers.
I loved how she made a plan to get her husband’s attention when she realized things were not like they used to be between them. She took action and planned a romantic evening for herself and her husband. The perfect dinner, a new outfit, hair, nails, sex
Jenn Turnham
Sep 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When you take a chance on a new author, you never know what you're going to get. I absolutely loved this book!

Callie and Brad is a husband and wife raising a family, thier life becomes routine and you get lose your relationship in the shuffle. Then the kids grow up and are out the house and their routine is no longer your routine, what do you do? Just settle for quiet, yet very boring life with someone you love? Or do you put a plan into motion and hope it works to get back to the co
Candace Meloche
Sep 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Perfect!

Congratulations Kaylee on this stellar debut book! It was real, sweet, funny and pretty steamy! It was all too relatable and had me examining my own relationship and everything I’ve missed or took for granted! Love this and you!
Aimee MacMahon
Sep 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a fabulous book!

Kaylee Rose is a first time author and what an incredible story she has given us! I love that the main characters are in their 40’s and are re-discovering the sexual chemistry they have for each other.

Can’t wait to read her next book!
Sharon
Sep 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really liked this book because it is real. Real as in a 40 ish year old couple going through what most couples go though that have been married a long time. I'm not a spoiler, but will say the characters are real. Have real problems, both feeling the same thing but not sure what to do. Ideas form in her head, and that's the start of something wonderful. I highly recommend this book as a great read and give it a chance. You'll love it too. Even good for young one that have issues being in a rut ...more
Joy Boutwell
Sep 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own-a-copy
Very good debut book. This isn't your typical romance book with a love story and a lot of action, it's more of a weekend adventure full of informational facts. This book is great for people that have been in a relationship for a long time and have got in a boring routine and lost the spark. It also has some funny parts.
Bambi Bloomfield
Oct 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Short, sweet and steamy

I really liked this short, sweet and steamy story of rekindling the spark between a husband and a wife who recently became empty nesters.
Joanne
Sep 15, 2019
Tanja
Sep 10, 2019
Kaylee Rose
Aug 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Taylor Freeman