Start by marking “Transforming Your Thought Life: Christian Meditation in Focus” as Want to Read:
Transforming Your Thought Life: Christian Meditation in Focus

Transforming Your Thought Life: Christian Meditation in Focus

Your Mind Is Under Attack

Thousands of thoughts fly through our minds every day, many of them negative. And Satan knows how susceptible we are to these negative thoughts that leave us frustrated and feeling defeated. However, the time-honored practice of Christian meditation can help us find victory in these spiritual battles.

"Transforming Your Thought Life" offers guided
Published October 1st 2019 by Leafwood Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Transforming Your Thought Life, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Transforming Your Thought Life

Start your review of Transforming Your Thought Life: Christian Meditation in Focus
Kate Motaung
Sep 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent, comprehensive book that challenged my personal thought life from a biblical perspective.
Ginger Harrington
Sep 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
TRANSFORMING YOUR THOUGHT LIFE is a valuable resource for every believer.In this comprehensive book, Sarah dives head-first into the needed topic of harnessing our thoughts with the life-giving practice of meditating on God’s Word. Tucked in with insightful explanations of Scripture, Sarah weaves ideas on different ways to meditate in every chapter of the book. Sharing many personal struggles and stories, Sarah reveals challenges from her life with authenticity and courage. Her candid stories ...more
Erin Rodewald
Sep 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Self-talk can either drag us down or lift us up. Too often, we let the negative conversations in our head take priority in our thought lives. In her new release, Transforming Your Thought Life: Christian Meditation in Focus, Sarah Geringer teaches us how to tap into the power of scripture to set the negative thoughts aside and replace them with the healing, affirming, joyous words of God.

Sarah's writing is relatable and instructive. In each chapter, she offers personal anecdotes to illustrate
Jessica
Sep 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Transforming Your Thought Life by Sarah Geringer is a down to earth, heart-warming book on meditation from a Christian perspective. Sarah shares many personal experiences throughout her book and how she allowed God to use those experiences to bring her thought life closer to Him. I love how she shares that now, after years of intentional practice, she can frequently rein in her negative thoughts and replace them with Scripture of God’s promises.

Sarah writes like you are sitting down to coffee
Michelle Welsh
Sep 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Yes! I recommend this book. It is a well-written, relatable book that’s like getting a personal pep talk from a friend, with the talks concluding with heart-felt prayers. In the 17 chapters, she covers careless, negative, anxious, self-critical, critical of others, fearful, idolatrous, guilty, discontent, impure, painful, defeated, regretful, angry, unforgiving, self-focused, and untrue thoughts. The last chapter wraps them all up perfectly with a verse that sums up the entire book.

Nancy Silvers
Sep 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am reading this book right now and even though I am not done reading it I can see a change in my thought life. I know my biggest battles often center in my own mind. I am sure someone reading this is shaking their head in agreement! Sarah shares about the benefits of meditation and how to turn our thoughts from a battle to a blessing. She uses her personal applications and Biblical truths to guide the reader to Transforming their thought life. I highly recommend this book-you will be blessed, ...more
Hadassah
Sep 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Transforming Your Thought Life is a valuable and extremely helpful book for every believer since the most important battlefield is the mind. Sarah Geringer did a great job in identifying 17 different kinds of thought-patterns that have a negative influence and are obstacles for spiritual growth and maturity. For example careless, guilty, self-critical, painful, impure, defeated, angry and other kinds of thoughts. For each of these kinds, Sarah shows a tailor-made strategy for overcoming and ...more
Donna Balsavich
Sep 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
As I’m reading this book, I’m highlighting from every page as I am reminded of God‘s promises. He wants us to live with the renewed mine. Sara does a great job of writing in a simple way, and sharing God‘s word so that we take the time to be renewed in a godly way, not from her perspective only but through her experiences and wisdom as well.

I would highly recommend this book if anyone has been through a tough situation and you feel like your brain and your mind is overloaded, confused,
Diana Rockwell
Sep 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
As I am reading this book, I am excited at that thought of how many will be helped by this book. Sarah Geringer tackles a hard subject, one that will speak to many and that subject is meditation. She is informative and yet gives instructions on how to meditate on God's Word. More importantly, how to take your thoughts captive to the Lord. I am a trained encourager and this book will help many with their many thoughts especially the destructive thoughts. Hats off to Sarah Geringer for such a ...more
Karen Sargent
Sep 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
From the introduction to the book, I immediately felt a connection with the author because she writes with transparency and vulnerability. As she shares how to control various kinds of thoughts that we allow to sabotage our emotional and spiritual well-being, she shares personal stories that validate she’s been there, she understands. She’s not on a holy pedestal...she’s walked the journey and is passionate about walking along side her readers as they learn to use scripture and empowered ...more
Brynn
Sep 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love this book! It has really made me dig back in scripture and prayer. I love how she focuses so much of her thoughts on scripture. It is so hard sometimes to even find good Christian books that do that as well as Sarah does. If you are struggling with any negative thoughts or your spiritual life, I definitely recommend. Even if you don't think you are struggling, it is always good to keep refocusing your thoughts!
C Davis
Sep 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Although Sarah Geringer has written several books, I had not heard of her until one of my friends mentioned being on her book launch team. I value my friends opinion so I decided to join the launch team and read Sarah's book. I could not be more thankful for that decision. I have never thought much about Christian meditation, I just didn't hold much stock in meditation at all. Sarah's book has completely changed my perception on what Christian meditation is and how to go about it. In the first ...more
Susan Shipe
Sep 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ms Geringer tackled a topic that at times puts the faith community in fear and trepidation! MEDITATION! But she hits the nail on the head right from the start, "You may be skeptical about the word meditation because of its association with New Age and Eastern religions..."
Bam! She continues explaining that meditation is simply the practice of thinking about scripture and communing with God.
Perfect, Sarah, perfect.
The book is so very well written with personal anecdotes and spiritual truth. It
Alyson Write
Sep 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sarah Geringer fills her book with honest and transparent struggles from her own thought-life highs and lows – and what God is doing to transform her thinking.

She explains, “You have an average of 60,000 thoughts every day, and up to 80 percent of those thoughts are negative. Almost all of today’s thoughts are recycled from yesterday’s negative thoughts. To stop this negative cycle, you must replace your negative thoughts with positive thoughts rooted in God’s Word.”

Paul wholeheartedly agrees in
Shirley Schuy
Sep 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
there are few words to describe how this book will change my way of spending time with God.
I appreciate that she set my mind at ease talking about being a Christian and meditating. Mediating on scripture means I take it apart and apply the words to my healing.
Each chapter hits a different insecurity in my life and it is good to know there is someone who understands and offers a way forward. Many times, I am having some of those thoughts at the same time, like being anxious and fearful when I
Jamie
Sep 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Each day we are bombarded with damaging thoughts which can easily distract us from pursuing God and the plans he’s placed in our hearts. In Transforming your Thought Life, Sarah Geringer couples real life experiences with valuable insight to illustrate how Christian meditation works to keep our minds set on the goodness of God. The book is chock-full of examples, reflection questions, Scripture references, quotes, resources, and prayers—all of which helped me in practically applying the material ...more
Sep 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a really good book, one that’s different from others. It’s “a healing balm” in combating our negative inner thoughts or self-talk and reminds us of God’s grace. It’s powerful! The author touches on those tough topics, as she writes of her own struggles and offers support and encouragement through Christian-based meditation. It will transform you in a comforting way. I highly recommend it and will be buying more for my loved ones ...more
Terri
Sep 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Transforming Your Thought Life identifies thought pathways imbedded in just about every woman’s mind. For instance, self-critical thoughts, discontent thoughts, regretful thoughts, unforgiving thoughts, and so on. These pathways can be transformed by the renewing of our mind. Sarah provides Biblical content and her own stories of thought-life healing. Moreover, it’s a great book to use as a reference for thought-life tune-ups.
Here’s a quote from the chapter on Defeated Thoughts,
Look for God’s
Cheryl
Sep 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Buy this book! Should you choose to apply its wisdom, you may well find it to be second only to the Bible as your most important read this year. In practical, vulnerable illustrations, prayers, and laser-focused Scriptures, Sarah offers healing advice infused with God's power. Current brain science confirms the principles she describes here; we physically change and heal when we apply these truths. An important book.
Emily Saxe
Sep 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My favorite aspect of "Transforming Your Thought Life" is that Sarah helps you understand this is something we can all do. It's not just the hopeful, flowery language of what we all wish to achieve but can't - rather, she gives practical tips, advice and examples of how transforming our thoughts to be healthy and Christlike is actually attainable! I would definitely recommend this book for any woman desiring to take her thoughts captive and break free of unhealthy thinking.
Elizabeth
Sep 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is for anyone and everyone who wants to grow deeper in the Word and in their relationship with the Lord. As you read this book, you will watch your thoughts and life transform. This book is amazing and provides you with the foundations you need to set your sights on things above. It’s especially great for people who suffer with negative self talk, anxiety, depression and for anyone who doesn’t know where to start or what to read in the Bible .
Kim
Sep 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If—like me—you struggle with worry, anxiety, and are prone to depression, this book is full of life-changing principles to implement. Scripture-saturated, this book walks us through the how and why of meditating on Scripture. I highly recommend!
Cheryl Lutz
Sep 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sarah Geringer’s new book, Transforming Your Thought Life, is teaching me to redeem meditation as a Christian disciple. We do this by memorizing and meditating on God’s Word. Sarah explains that we have an average of 60,000 thoughts everyday, and up to 80% of those thoughts are negative. Her passion is to exhort others to replace the negative thoughts with positive thoughts rooted in God’s Word. Order a copy for yourself and a loved one!
Kelly Basham
Sep 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is a must read on how to transform your thoughts. The author is authentic and transparent about her own negative thought journey. Different types of negative thoughts are covered in the book such as condemning thoughts, critical thoughts, guilty thoughts and a few other toxic types of thoughts that most of us experience.

I loved that throughout the book Sarah encourages readers to seek God and his word to get a hold on our negative thoughts.
Isa To
Sep 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a powerful book with practical help for all of us who have battles within our minds. Sarah’s book is so important and helpful so that in whatever we do in life we are walking in truth. Really love and will treasure this book!
Carla Lake
Sep 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
One thing that strikes me as I'm reading through Transforming Your Thought Life is the number of times I see myself in Sarah's struggles. Sarah is open and honest about the struggles in her thought life, and as a result of her vulnerability and authenticity, I'm able to readily identify with her on many fronts. What's great about that is that in the same way that I relate to her struggles, I also can identify with her victories. She encourages me not only to meditate on the truths and promises ...more
Laurie
Sep 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Transforming Your Thought Life is a well written, extremely helpful book for all of us battling with negative and unwanted thoughts. This is not just a good read, it is an excellent resource book too. It goes through 17 different thought patterns that we deal with. It includes Bible verses for meditation and reflection questions at the end of each chapter. I highly recommend this book.
Rachael Adams
Sep 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Our minds are a battlefield. There is a constant tug-of-war between the truth God speaks over us and the lies Satan spews onto us. We can choose who and what we believe, but it takes intentionality and practice. Sarah has crafted a resource that aids in #transformingyourthoughtlife to lead us into victory in this battle once and for all.
Amanda
Sep 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
As women, we have millions of thoughts running through our minds at all times of the day and night. Our brains are constantly in motion, and if we are not intentional with our thought life, we can quickly spiral into negative, unhelpful, unwelcome places. This is why I wanted to read Transforming Your Thought Life by Sarah Geringer, and to be honest, I am so thankful that I did.

The great thing about this book is that it covers ALL negative thoughts, quite frankly ones that I hadn't even
Amanda Hartrich
Sep 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sarah's personal transparency married with sound Biblical interpretation resonated in my heart and helped solidify the lessons.
I read the book cover to cover, but its structure makes it an invaluable resource to turn to over and over again. In each chapter, she addresses a different destructive thought pattern we all find ourselves in from time to time and offers personal insight, Biblical examples of overcoming, and loads of Scripture to turn to. The best part ... instead of providing a flat
« previous 1 3 next »

• Rhythms of Renewal: Trading Stress and Anxiety for a Life of Peace and Purpose
  • Breaking Anxiety's Grip: How to Reclaim the Peace God Promises
  • No Better Mom for the Job: Parenting with Confidence (Even When You Don't Feel Cut Out for It)
  • The Complicated Heart: Loving Even When It Hurts
  • Women of the Word: How to Study the Bible with Both Our Hearts and Our Minds
  • One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are
  • Take Back Your Time: Identify Your Priorities, Decrease Stress, and Increase Productivity
  • None Like Him: 10 Ways God Is Different from Us (and Why That's a Good Thing)
  • Moving Forward: Inspiration for the Go-Getter Jesus Girl
  • She Prays: A 31-Day Journey to Confident Conversations with God
  • Breathe Again: How to Live Well When Life Falls Apart
  • The Bake Shop (Amish Marketplace #1)
  • Refine and Restore: Revive Your Heart, Release Your Purpose
  • 90 Minutes in Heaven: A True Story of Death and Life
  • Rise of the Truth Teller: Own Your Story, Tell It Like It Is, and Live with Holy Gumption
  • Beholding and Becoming: The Art of Everyday Worship
  • Sensitive and Strong: A Guide for Highly Sensitive Persons and Those Who Love Them
  • Risen Motherhood: Gospel Hope for Everyday Moments