Start by marking “Downfall (Kingdoms of Sin, #1)” as Want to Read:
Downfall (Kingdoms of Sin, #1)

Downfall

(Kingdoms of Sin #1)

I was naïve to think my marriage to Luka Catano might work.
I was infatuated with him from afar…
Until I met him.
He loved the challenge of his next conquest, anyone would do...
Except me.
A wife was never something he wanted.

Torturous was not a strong enough word to describe how I felt when I was in a room with Luka. Besides hating nea
Expected publication: October 17th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Downfall, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Downfall

Talon
Sep 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
“Love breaks you apart and puts you back together. It wouldn’t really be love if it didn’t.”

I will admit it to everyone right here and right now-- at first I was very skeptical about this book. I wasn't as excited as I typically am with a Willow Aster book. The cover is one that I am not normally drawn to nor do I ever read a lot of books that involve "ab" covers but I will also admit to every one after saying that, that this book and the inside of it is SO much more than what is on the cover.
Carol***BeautyandtheBeastlyBooks

***ARC received in exchange of an honest opinion***

Oh, the level of angst in this book is exactly what I needed and I can always count on Willow Aster to bring it.

Downfall has some of my favorite tropes: marriage of convenience, new adult kind of romance and royals. Also, did I mentin it has lots o angst??! I so appreciate that, because finding real angsty romances has been hard lately.

I am so glad I got to read this book, because it gave
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Sep 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
4.5 “I’m Yours” Stars!
(ARC provided by Wildfire Marketing Solutions)

“This mouth is my downfall. You are my downfall. I’m willing to dive headlong into oblivion as long as you’re on the other side.”

photo 3414A625-1B9B-4B9E-9B75-7E33C16AFB52_zpsl0necej0.jpg

photo 708800B6-901E-4A2B-8B1A-C8DCD774F259_zpsqkbfrd0n.jpg
Jen
Sep 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Book crack!! Willow Aster is a writing goddess and Downfall had me sucked in from start to finish. I loved Luka and Eden’s story. Filled with angst, fantastic writing, and heat, you won’t want to put it down! Loved it!!
Nicole Patterson
Oct 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book was so unexpected. Plays out in our time. But has prince's and princesses and diff countries. It was hot and steamy. Strong female character. Sexy male character. 4.5/5 I was given this as an arc copy for an honest review. And it was a great book.
Christine (Shh Moms Reading)
Sep 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
High angst, off the charts chemistry and an unforgettable cast of characters... this is Willow at her very best!

PREORDER TODAY! Coming Oct 17th!!!
Amazon US: http://bit.ly/Downfall-US
Amazon UK: http://bit.ly/Downfall-UK
Amazon CA: http://bit.ly/Downfall-CA
Amazon AU: http://bit.ly/Downfall-AU
Goodreads: http://bit.ly/Downfall-WillowAster
Lindsey Domokur of Crazy Reader Chicks
I read this book in one sitting. It isn't your typical Willow Aster book, it is a new direction for her and I am loving it. Even with the new direction though, there are elements of the book that are so Willow. She has such a way with words and I absolutely love her writing. Now that I have calmed down from the excessive angst and heart palpitations, I am able to write this review. First of all, Luka was a jerk. I wanted to punch him so many times in the face that I lost count. While I understan ...more
Kalie Phillips
Shelves: 2019, favorites
5 stars? 10 stars! ALL THE STARS!

Willow has outdone herself!!! I am completely blown away!!!

It’s no secret I am a huge fan of Willow’s work, so I expected to love this, but, you guys she absolutely hit it out of the park with this one!!!

I devoured it, I couldn’t turn pages fast enough and I absolutely could not put it down until I was done, which happened to be at 3am and it was so worth the sleep loss!

The angst!! Oh the angst!! I wanted to punch Luka in the face 90% of the time,
Jessica  (Angie & Jessica's Dreamy Reads)
Not entirely sure how I feel about this one... need some time to process. Review to come.
* A review copy was provided by the author *

~ 5 WOW Stars ~

WOW….just WOW!!! This book was beyond amazing!! This book consumed me right from the start. I didn’t want to put it down. I loved every word of this story. As usual, I don’t think my review will do this book the justice it deserves. I can’t really put into words what I loved about this book, because it would spoil it for other readers.

I haven’t read many books by Willow Aster, but the ones that I have are absolut/>~
Courtney
Oct 03, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
3.5 Stars

So this is a tough one to rate for me - on one hand I love the idea of this story and the series, but these particular characters did not win me over.

Downfall is the first book in Willow Aster's next series, Kingdoms of Sin. Each book is to be a complete standalones with inter-connecting characters. This book is definitely a standalone as there is no cliffhanger but it also introduces many secondary characters and gives you a glimpse of how everyone is connected.

This seri
Kandace Denys
Sep 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a rough ride for me. And it’s tough to spell out exactly why, without giving the story away.
Eden is really a princess of the people. When we first meet her, she is ready to do whatever it takes for her family, and then she meets her prince, and it’s a ride and a half for her. Watching her growth, not only as a royal, but as a human in general is a beautiful thing.
Luka made me so MAD. He is a jerk in the beginning, and honestly, he’s a jerk all the way through. However, I do
Betül
Rating and review coming soon.
Mari
Oct 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
You know that popcorn eating gif that was me reading this. Like a watching a tv drama unfold. So many elements from various themes of modern day monarchy, dysfunctional family, drama, love and different settings. I'm not sure how to review this without giving away too much. Eden went from fresh naive idealistic at the start and grew so much this entire book. From her supposed ideal Prince Charming Luka to not really.

That was just the start it was a roller coaster. The angst and chemistry, lies
S
Oct 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the first time I am reading book by Willow and once I signed up for the ARC I was a bit skeptical if I would like it or not but it was full of angst , intrigue and captivated my attention. This was a marriage of convenience romance but man the angst was palpable. The hero was such a jerk , I really wanted someone to smack him over his head . He seriously was a jerk most of the time but finally did redeemed himself. The story was intriguing and engaging with interesting characters. Withou ...more
Kindle Crack Book Reviews Cheri
This one of a kind royal romance took me by surprise! I was hoping that this NA world of collegiate royal brats and princesses was going to capture my interest. It certainly did! Downfall addictive mix of angsty romantic suspense, murder, and heartbreak. I’m excited that Kingdoms of Sin is turning into a series. One-click worthy Kindle Crack.
Anastasia
Sep 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
HOLY FUCKEN SHIT! This book was amazing!

Eden was a princess groomed to marry Prince Luka. Since she was little the contract had been signed and there was no getting out of it, but she didn’t want to get out of it. She knew this would be good for her country & family and for the country she will be married into. She would do anything to make her family and her country proud and she was ready. All grown up, she was ready to go to college and meet Prince Luka. Like I said it was all
Konny
Oct 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Downfall by Willow Aster is book one in her Kingdoms of Sin Series. Downfall can be read as a stand-alone.
Meet Luka and Eden. Both are about to get engaged in a arranged marriage. While one of them comes from a loving family, the other comes not.
Lets take a look.
arranged marriage - check
sheltered princess - check
arrogant prince - check
villains that make me mad - check
a story that had me in knots - check
Could be the typical story - but then it would
Wickedly Sweet & Synful Book Blog Synclare Moss
Its 3.5 stars for me.
I have thoroughly enjoyed all of the author’s previous works but this new direction didn’t sit well with me.
Her writing is fantastic.
I was excited by the blurb and idea of this storyline/new series.
Downfall is the first book in the Kingdom of Sin series. They will be interconnected stand-alones.
Eden was just too submissive. Yes, I get that she was groomed for this life but sweet baby bejesus!
Luka is a straight up asshole. I seriously despised h
Layne
Oct 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When I think of Willow Aster, this is not the first thing that comes to mind and I LOVE that. I am a huge supporter of authors stepping out of their comfort zones and trying something different. Taking a chance on something new is how we grow and the same concept applies to writing.

It’s no secret that I am a true fan of Willow’s writing. She keeps her readers engaged and makes it difficult to put her books down. Downfall was no exception. Her character development is some of the best I’ve ever
Dayang
Oct 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5⭐

It's been awhile since I've read a book Willow Aster that's why I was happy dancing when I received this ARC.

This is a mix of enemies to lovers and arranged marriage romance—my fave tropes.

I loved almost everything about it... the pacing, the storyline... the angst and the push and pull. I was entranced from beginning to end... like I said earlier, it was almost perfect—except for the cheating part. I know people are not perfect, and princes and princesses are still p
Nikki Pennington
Oct 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
REVIEW COMING SOON!!!
Emma Johnston
Sep 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I will admit this isnt my usual type of read, but I was hooked by this book. I felt like I was actually in the story, watching everything unfold.

Thoroughly enjoyed my first Willow Aster book ❤
MJ
Oct 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019-books, arc
I'll admit I was a bit hesitant at first glance, not knowing if this was going to be more of a fantasy than a romance. But I should have known better since Willow Aster will always be a go-to author for me that she would combine a fictional land containing warring nations with an arranged marriage full of a lusty kind of love beautifully. The world she created as Luka Catano and Eden Safrin are pronounced husband and wife is full of the fantastic as their homelands need this boost to try and fin ...more
Jennifer Pierson
Oct 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Willow Aster is a new to me author, and despite many things that really pissed me off about this story, which I'm STILL pissed off about, she did keep me gripped until the end. And that's why I gave it a 4 star rating vs what my emotions say I should, even despite what others thing about it. There's more than one event which has me still pissed off, and I'll try to describe what I feel without spoilers because I'm not one to be that shady. Eden is a beautiful Princess who has an arranged marriag ...more
Amy
Oct 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love a good royalty book, and Willow Aster delivers just what I need in this kickoff to her new Kingdoms of Sin series.

Luka and Eden’s arranged marriage seems rather ill-fated until you realize these two actual suit each other quite well. Yes, he's from a hot, steamy climate, whereas she's from the snow and frost. Luka, however, resists falling for Eden, something we experience through her perspective. She wants his attention and affection, but he withholds both as best he can. You
TheSassyNerdBlog
Oct 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So this is my first book by Willow Aster and truth be told, I didn't know what to expect, I wasn't sure to be honest... I hadn't read anything by this author before but I had made it a goal to find new authors this year and I am grateful I took the leap and read this. It seemed to tick all the right boxes.... and the angst? HOLY CRAP!
Anyone that knows me, knows how much I love angst and this book was packed heavily with it... It drove me nuts but in the best way possible!

At first, I did struggle to fully connect w
Ree
Oct 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Whatever you think you expect to find in this book, forget it and prepare to be wowed by masterful storytelling! Sex, secrets & scandal - it's all here!

Excited and prepared to do her duty and marry for the good of her country, Eden Safrin is shocked to find out that her husband-to-be is not the man her fantasies created. He is careless, unkind and cold, except for the flashes of heat she glimpses in his eyes from time to time whenever he looks at her. Yet, even with his hot-and-c
Veronica  Bellaorev Books

*** 3.5🌟

Downfall in the first book on Willow Aster’s new series of standalone, Kingdoms of Sin.

The writing is really beautiful and I really enjoy the idea of this story and the kingdoms that Aster created. The arrange marriage, bad boy prince and young virgin princess concept really hook me. This world was quite enchanting and alluring. Unfortunately I couldn’t fall completely in love with the main characters.

Eden Safrin of Farrows is the princess that has been groomed and pr
Vanessa
Oct 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
A harrowing story about royalty and what their lives could be behind closed doors. Eden and Luka are thrust into a marriage more of convenience. But as feelings start to come into the mix, loyalties start to shift.

The story as a whole was well written. I couldn’t wait to read what would happen next. Eden is who I wish to be when I grow up. She has a heart of gold but a spirit strong as steel. She is not afraid to put her foot down when she feels it’s necessary. Luka is the typical pl
Willow Aster is the author of True Love Story, In the Fields, Maybe Maby, Fade to Red, Lilith, and 5,331 Miles. She is also half of the Fisher & Aster writing duo of The End of Men series.

Writing is the ultimate escape ... I love it and hate it and can't live without it. My home is in St. Paul, MN with my husband, two kids, and our rescue dog.

Join me on my website: http://www.willowaster.com/

Kingdoms of Sin (2 books)
  • Exposed (Kingdoms of Sin, #2)