Start by marking “The Edge of Reason (The Edge Series, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Edge of Reason (The Edge Series, #3)

The Edge of Reason

(The Edge Series #3)

I have a certain set of rules I try to live by. Rules that have always served me well. Until now…

Rule one: Don’t have sex with someone you work with.
Rule two: Don’t have sex with your friend’s ex-boyfriend.
Rule three: Don’t have sex with your best friend who also happens to be the same ex-boyfriend of your friend.
Rule four: Don’t ever, under any circumsta
Published November 2019

To ask other readers questions about The Edge of Reason, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Edge of Reason

Start your review of The Edge of Reason (The Edge Series, #3)
J. Saman
Aug 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
This is easily one of the most emotional books I've written. Drew and Margot's story is everything! I put it all out there and left a piece of myself on the page with them. I cannot wait for you all to read this book!
It is a complete standalone and you do NOT have to read The Edge of Temptation or The Edge of Forever to enjoy this book. But I will say that we get some minor insight into these characters in those, especially in The Edge of Forever.
Dianne
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Do you live by your own set of rules for life? Margot has her own set, but will she find them too difficult to follow? Were they all that brilliant, anyway? Love and Margot never seem to find each other at the same time and Margot’s less than stellar choices at times aren’t making it any easier, but when her best friend, who was also the ex-lover of a girlfriend suddenly comes to her rescue at a most awkward time, she may find that tossing that list of rules could be the best decision she ever m ...more
J. Ockenhouse
Oct 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
You want to read a book that reads like real life?...full of powerful characters who take the friends to lovers trope and gives it depth and believability. It's got humor, crazy people, breath stealing scenes, moments where you have scares and those moments where you are jumping around like you won the lottery.

J. has such a way of delivering beautiful and visual words. You get so wrapped in the story that you don't hear or see anything but Drew, Margot, Aria, Halle and the rest of the supportin
Isha Coleman
Nov 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It may be cold outside, but it sure is hot in here. Saman breaks all the rules to deliver a love match that was years in the making. Flawed though they may be, Drew and Margot are intoxicating to watch. Their chemistry is electric. The emotions are raw and their attraction runs deep. There are moments when the rawness feels so real that it touches something within your soul. The Edge of Reason turns a symphonic masterpiece into a heartaching duet.
Nada Hosny
Oct 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Friends to lovers.
Dual POV
Need i say more?

As always, another favorite from The very talented J.SAMAN.

The first chapter of this book is a damn good hook, it starts with Margrot in an awkward awful-to-God situation with an ex of hers, but then her bestfriend Andrew, flew in and gets her out of it. HOW you ask? by kissing her.
So now that the situation has passed and all, the kiss is lingering between them like a 100 Years old Ghost.

We go back and forth between them, getting into their head, post-kiss, and see how comfortable they are around eachot
BP34
Oct 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the third book in the Edge Series. Talk about an emotional roller coaster, this book will take you on one wild ride. It'll have you laughing one minute and crying the next. Well written with strong characters and a page-turning plot. I really enjoyed this book and found it hard to put down. I read an arc copy and voluntarily chose to review. Drew and Margot will grab your heart in this standalone friends to lovers romance.
Lene Norway
Oct 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviews
Author J. Saman has yet again written the most amazing story, filled with drama, steamy scenes and humorous dialogs.

The heartache in this story ripped me apart but the beautiful ending mended my heart again.

I voluntarily reviewed an Advanced Readers Copy of this book.
booksiflove
Oct 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4,5 🌟
So many feelings. So much hurt. So much self doubt.
And oh so much LOVE!

Drew and Margot are best friends for a while now. Until one day, Drew helps out Margot from a precarious situation and kisses her....
Can they go from best friends to lovers unscathed ?

This is book 3 in the series, but can easily be read as a stand-alone!
An emotional roller coaster ride, with a lot of love and laughter, but also tears in the next minute. Hot as hell tho 😏

I kindly received an arc from the autho
Vania Nunes
Oct 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
I didn't know this book was already the third in a series, but I was happy to realize that reading can be done without reading the previous books.
The author is new to me, with a plot that may seem cliché, but it brings interesting and even very real nuances.
An exciting book to read and one that should get you stuck to the last page.
If you want to read something with more realistic details, this is your book.
4 stars
Nay Denise
Oct 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Received an e-copy for review.

A dominant man with a girl that needs to let go.
Best friends turned lovers.
A psycho wife.
A crazy ex.

This book was darn good!!! I definitely enjoyed myself reading this story. I loved the characters and the way each of them meshed so well. This book follows the romance between Drew and Margot who are best-friends.

Margot is a girl with a wrecked past, terrible experiences with men and a broken spirit. She's beautiful inside and out, b
BookAddict
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This gifted storyteller has yet to let me down, and she'll have you on the edge of your seat, holding on tightly as you navigate the twists and turns of Margot and Drew’s captivating, thrilling, steamy story. It may be sweater weather time of year, but you’re going to want a cold drink and a powerful fan for this one.

Nurse Margot Cady and Dr. Andrew Albright work closely together in the ER. Emergency medicine can be stressful, so Margo and Drew being best friends makes the days easier. They're
Misty (Reds Romance Reviews)
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Drew and Margot are the best of friends, their work at the hospital bonds them, and having the same group of friends often has them wandering in the same circles. Margot is quick to admit that Drew makes her heart skip a beat, but he comes with a whole host of complications, one being that he dated her friend, and that is a line she just can't cross.

But when he comes to her rescue during an awkward interaction with her ex-boyfriend, and claims to be her man she starts to look at him a little cl
Cate at Fiction Beer & Cupcakes
Oct 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
I received an ARC from InkSlinger and J Saman for an honest review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

Margot thought that when her ex returned from Europe he would want to pick up where they left off. Only to find out that two-timing no-good man is married and brought his wife to the states. Thankfully Andrew “Drew” Albright aka Margot’s BFF, steps in just the right time and saves her from embarrassment. After that kiss, will Margot and Drew be able to remain friends or give in and see where
Silvia
Nov 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
In true J. Saman fashion, The Edge of Reason is full of real, relatable characters with an honest story that you can’t help but feel. You feel their despair, their anger, their sorrow, and their passion. Books like this are the reason why I read!
Margot is sweet, sassy, and riddled with self doubt all while battling her past demons. She makes horrible choices when it comes to men. Her best relationships are with her friends and her best friend, Drew.
Drew has his own issues that he’s d
Rebecca Woolley
Oct 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the 3rd book in the series, the main characters Drew and Margot will have you absolutely engrossed into this book.
Margot and Drew work together, are best friends and he is an ex of her friend Aria. Their relationship has always been close and Drew had an instant attraction to Margot for quite a while, however he has always been scared of destroying their friendship.
Drew comes to Margots rescue when her ex turns up with his wife and one kiss to ensure Julian gets the message Margot
Jo
Nov 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Right.  I know that I wasn't supposed to like Andrew in the previous book.  I get that.  But here?  He's like a completely different character.  And yes, I found him eminently more likeable.

These two though.  Honestly - if ever a couple needed their heads knocked together, it's these two.  For me, I confess that the "will they, won't they" portion of the story felt like it was overlong.  Don't get me wrong, I understood it as a narrative tool, and enjoyed much of it, I just felt like
Book Fanatic
Nov 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Andrew and Margot, my oh my what a story was this.

J. Saman, this was a first read of mine for you and I for one can say, you're an amazing writer. I was captivated from the start with not only these characters but their friends too.

The overall dynamic and rhythm of the story telling made me want to keep reading. I got really invested and some moments did shock me. I may have had moments of just being stunned like, "SERIOUSLY!"

At most the connection, emotion an
Kari Hansen
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Margot could write a book about what not to do when it comes to relationships as she has kissed a lot of frogs while not realizing her Prince is standing right in front of her. When her latest relationship has placed her in an awkward situation the one man that she can always count on comes to her rescue.

Drew has the professional success but the same can’t be said for his personal life. He wants love and marriage but finding the right woman isn’t as easy as it appears. When he steps
Konny
Oct 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Edge of Reason by J. Saman is book three in her The Edge Series. Every book is about another couple and can be read as stand alone. The previous books are The Edge of Temptation and The Edge of Forever - Aria and Weston's story and my favorite in the series so far.
The Edge of Reason is Margot and Drew's story. First and foremost they're friends, but over time they develop feelings for each other. But fate says ha and throws some pretty big wrenches their way.
The Edge of Reason is
CLEO
Nov 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 4-5-stars
⭐⭐⭐⭐🌟
"I wouldn't be me without you."

I love this series! It's great how you can read them as stand-alones and the characters are all intertwine.

Margot & Drew... Where do I begin.. I had a hard time with Margot and to be honest I have a very hard time with female characters who have serious self doubt, severe self esteem issues. That being said I fell in love with Drew. He was absolutely amazing and so super patient with Margot. Jeez!

Once Drew knew his love for Margot was beyond friendship, he was not letting go. Heyou."🌟
Merry Jelks-Emmanuel
Oct 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Saman is a master story teller that spins a tale that is emotionally charged where you are so windup and then she calms you in the end. Such is the case with The Edge of Reason. The characters are compelling and draws us in and the twists and turns have you all over the place. Andrew and Margot may be friends but one poignant moment will change things forever. I voluntarily agreed to receive an ARC of this book for an honest review.
Denise
Oct 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
When best friends Margot & Drew realized that their feelings for each other were more than friendly, they danced around their attraction to each other for awhile. This book was filled with so many emotions. It will give you all of the feels, and you might need a few tissues. A beautifully written book about friendships, taking chances, letting go of your past, and most importantly love. If best friends to lovers is your jam, pick this book up.
Pat
Oct 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was one emotional roller coaster that grabbed my attention from the very first page! The storyline was well written, a plot that flowed smoothly from page to page and characters that were written with such great detail and depth! As Drew and Margot's story unfolded, I was totally enthralled because this book was a real page turner!
Lizl
Sep 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was such an amazing, emotional read, from the very first page to the two epilogues which were just perfect. J Saman is my go-to author for honest romance and this book proves that she should be yours too.
Erica
Oct 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Full disclosure, I received an ARC from the author. I really enjoyed Margot and Drew's story; I was a little worried that I wouldn't like Drew after Edge of Forever, but he is perfect for Margot. You don't need to read the other two books in the series first, but personally I would.
Library of Romance
Oct 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Review out on Nov 7th.
Nicole Jade
Oct 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really loved this book. Only thing that took me out a few times was Margot’s attitude and the predictable angst twist, although a bit different. Still good stuff.
Isabelle Morebooksthanlivros
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 4-5-stars
4.5 STARS REVIEW

Contemporary Romance, Adult, Doctor Romance, Friends-to-Lovers, Light-BDSM

First Person, Dual-POV

This is book #3 of the Edge Series, but they can be read as standalone. I haven't read the previous two books and I have understood everything.

That question, my name on his lips, is everything. The line in the sand. The divide between sense and chaos. It's the edge of reason. If I say yes, that's it. We jump.

by Margot

Addictiveness: 5/5  This book kept me on the edge of my seat. I couldn't let go. It was a one-sitting read for me. As addictive as chocolate!!!

Character: hero 5/chocolate!!!

Character:me. AsAddictiveness: This

everything.

Dual-POV

ThisLight-BDSM

REVIEW
Brooke between_the_pages_of_romance
Friends to lovers is quickly becoming one of my favorite tropes and J. Saman does an excellent job with this trope! Both characters are struggling with whether or not to proceed with feelings because their friendship is so good like it is. It isn’t until a kiss to save Margot from an awkward situation ignites feelings between the two. Then things start to get awkward for Drew and Margot. Do they cross the line between friendship and more or do they just need to stay friends at the risk of losing ...more
Kim
Nov 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
I love discovering authors whom I’ve never “met” before. Reading new-to-me authors’ works are like dating. I’m trying to find the “right one.” One who’s going to keep me up reading at night; one who’s going to keep me company when I’m waiting in a looooong queue at the bank, the doctor’s, or the dentist’s. One who knocks me off of a book schlump and, then, gets me excited for the NEXT one, just because it’s got me thinking, “wow, reading’s really great!”

So, when “The Edge of Reason”

• Never Trust a Rockstar (Never Trust, #1)
  • Stealing the Bride
  • Heartless Hero
  • Forever My Saint (All The Pretty Things Trilogy, #3)
  • Stealing Her (Covet, #1)
  • ICED (Boston Terriers Hockey #2)
  • Half Truths (Secret Society, #1)
  • Team Player 2: A Sports Anthology
  • Unexpected Surprise
  • The Husband Checklist
  • Marriage of Convenience (The Raven Brothers Book 1)
  • Kiss Me Again (Kiss Me, #3)
  • Can't Block My Love (Hockey Gods, #1)
  • Love Me Tomorrow (Put A Ring On It, #3)
  • Entice
  • Just a Taste
  • (Not) The One
  • Dreams of 18
J. Saman is a USA Today bestselling author who loves all types of novels, but finds herself always going back to writing/reading romances. She's addicted to Diet Coke and sour candy, and swears way too much. She's an admitted lover of second chance romances, love triangles and the perfect amount of angst. She writes smart, strong women and sexy alpha (slightly nerdy) men who have a softer side.

To

The Edge Series (3 books)
  • The Edge of Temptation (The Edge Series, #1)
  • The Edge of Forever
“When you allow yourself to fall in love, you hand over your fears in the form of your heart to that person. After that, all you can do is hope to hell they keep it safe instead of dropping it for someone else to pick up and toy with.” 0 likes