Start by marking “Technical Analysis of Stock Trends” as Want to Read:
Technical Analysis of Stock Trends

Technical Analysis of Stock Trends

Technical Analysis of Stock Trends was the first book to produce a methodology for interpreting the predictable behavior of investors and markets. It revolutionized technical investment approaches and showed traders and investors how to make money regardless of what the market is doing. Now in its ninth edition, the book remains the benchmark by which all other investment ...more
Published February 1st 2007 by AMACOM/American Management Association (first published 1948)

To ask other readers questions about Technical Analysis of Stock Trends, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Technical Analysis of Stock Trends

Marcelo Bahia
Oct 02, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: investing
Disclaimer: I'm an investment professional who's been using fundamental analysis to pick stocks since 2004. I was a skeptical when it came to technical analysis before reading this book, and I'll say right away that I keep being so after reading it as well.

"So why the heck did you pick it up?", you might ask. Let's say it was a personal exercise on open-mindedness. I've never actually stopped to do an in-depth reading on the subject and I think it was about time for me to do it. Robert Edwards'
John Boettcher
Aug 09, 2013 rated it liked it
If technical analysis works like proponents say it should, how come that everyone who reads a technical analysis book doesn't become the world's best, or at least, more than successful trader. I mean, the concepts are not that hard to learn, and understanding only takes a bit of time, espeically if you want to be a trader. However, technical analysts tend to pick and choose those charts that prove their theory and technique correct and ignore all of those other instances, and there are literally ...more
Raghavendra Kulkarni
"This 1950s book is arguably #1 all-time classic & best book on chart patterns ever written. It is considered as 'The Bible of Technical Analysis' by many."
David Siefert
Don't bother with any other TA book--you would just be wasting your time. Pick up this one instead!
AC
Oct 25, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: markets
Ch. 3 (I believe) offers an excellent account of Dow Theory and Dow's view of waves. Dow theory is far richer than the simple notion of confirmation by Transports, and is quite elegant.

John Magee used to have tacked on his wall the famous quote: "Don't tell me what to buy...; tell me when to buy it."

This is an excellent, excellent book.
Nathan
Feb 03, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Delivered what if promised.
Awertgafadgfz
Nov 01, 2014 rated it it was ok
a classic technical analysis book that is largely theoretical in an area largely devoid of predictive capability.
Rahul Agarwal
Jul 18, 2014 rated it liked it
Educational in every sense..good culmination of everything,
Tim
Nov 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
Ut uf I gugug u gug I ohiyf 6 tv 65f65gi 4c ut b4 4
Martin Kenley
Jun 27, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's a classic
Tarun Sharma
May 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Even though I am thorough with Technical analysis, I started this book just to gain insights into TA through wide examples in our history of trading. For the new reader who has no idea about trading and how it works this book is very thorough from start to end to giving the information one needs if they are new to markets. FYI Do not buy this buy if you think this book will give you some magical advantage in markets and you would stop taking losses. it will give you deep insights into reading an ...more
ONUR DEMIRKILIC
Nov 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: finance
It's language is so formal, therefore reading it was diffucult at start, but then people get used to its language.

Overall, it was one of the best book I have ever read about the Technical Analysis. It is not giving you some cliche ideas to memorise it. It is making you understand what that chart actually means, why the chart is morphing like that, what actuall outcome can be waited out of it, and what could be done on those outcomes..

I definitelly will read this book again after 2-3 months late
Terry
Dec 18, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: investing
A different angle to look at stock market. Assuming pricing are somewhat efficient, and profiting from early detection of price trend. Incorporate some of it in fundamental investing is useful. I would love to see more recent examples though, most examples are from 1930s or 1940s.
Jimmy Erdmier
Feb 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Bible for TA
Jon
Mar 27, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: finance
The bible of technical analysis. If you're interested in this subject start here. It's pretty long but full of valuable info.
Arkinjan
I think this book will help me a lot, and also wish so
Frank Palardy
Jul 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: business
I read it awhile ago and still rely on it although covers stocks that no longer exist.
Dinesh singh rawat
Nov 09, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Not is not just a so called bible.It is more than a bible for a trader and must have for every trader.
Chirag Sangoi
Sep 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
The best book to start with technical analysis. The examples provided are also relative. A novice analyst should read it once.
Nam Trần
Aug 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Good
Kp.Sripathigmail.Com
Jul 14, 2015
Gil Bu
May 17, 2018
Booklocks
Jan 07, 2014
Daniel
rated it did not like it
Oct 14, 2014
Collins
Nov 21, 2017
Damian Okeke
Feb 16, 2019
Quick Call at &&1866|877|0191&& Dell Customer Service Number for USA 1 1 Sep 25, 2017 11:04PM
How to setup rr email on android? 1 1 Apr 12, 2017 03:18AM
  • Technical Analysis: The Complete Resource for Financial Market Technicians
  • Stock Market Wizards: Interviews with America's Top Stock Traders
  • Technical Analysis Explained: The Successful Investor's Guide to Spotting Investment Trends and Turning Points
  • Encyclopedia of Chart Patterns
  • Japanese Candlestick Charting Techniques: A Contemporary Guide to the Ancient Investment Techniques of the Far East
  • Technical Analysis of the Financial Markets
  • The Secrets of Economic Indicators: Hidden Clues to Future Economic Trends and Investment Opportunities
  • Best Practices for Equity Research Analysts: Essentials for Buy-Side and Sell-Side Analysts
  • Trade Your Way to Financial Freedom
  • Entries and Exits: Visits to Sixteen Trading Rooms
  • Way of the Turtle: The Secret Methods That Turned Ordinary People Into Legendary Traders
  • How to Think Like Benjamin Graham and Invest Like Warren Buffett
  • What Works on Wall Street: A Guide to the Best-Performing Investment Strategies of All Time
  • Elliott Wave Principle: Key to Market Behavior
  • Secrets For Profiting in Bull and Bear Markets
  • Backstage Wall Street: An Insider's Guide to Knowing Who to Trust, Who to Run From, and How to Maximize Your Investments
  • Diary of a Professional Commodity Trader: Lessons from 21 Weeks of Real Trading
  • The Complete TurtleTrader: The Legend, the Lessons, the Results

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »