Start by marking “Get a Life, Chloe Brown (The Brown Sisters, #1)” as Want to Read:
Get a Life, Chloe Brown (The Brown Sisters, #1)

Get a Life, Chloe Brown

(The Brown Sisters #1)

4.01  ·  Rating details ·  4,764 ratings  ·  1,161 reviews

Talia Hibbert delivers a witty, hilarious romantic comedy about a woman who's tired of being 'boring' and recruits her mysterious, sexy neighbour to help her get a life - perfect for fans of Sally Thorne, Jasmine Guillory and Helen Hoang!

Chloe Brown is a chronically ill computer geek with a goal, a plan and a list. After almost - but not quite - dying, she's come up with

Kindle Edition, UK, 384 pages
Published November 5th 2019 by Piatkus

·  4,764 ratings  ·  1,161 reviews

Start your review of Get a Life, Chloe Brown (The Brown Sisters, #1)
Nilufer Ozmekik
Aug 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Upgraded review: this book is a real gem and I wish it got nomination from best romance category. Because in my opinion this is one of the surprising, emotional, humorous, smart, remarkable books of the year!!!

Wow 4.25, I wasn’t expecting to like this book so much, I was so ready to have an easy peasy cheesy rom-com reading but I got: emotions are everywhere, heart wrecking second chances of traumatized, struggling two beautiful soul’s story and I adored, devoured, savored and finally found my
Chaima ✨ شيماء
I used to think that 20/22 years old people were adults with a job and a house of their own…and here I am reading romance to fill the void inside my heart.
Chelsea Humphrey
BOTM pick for November 2019!

I've been extremely generous with my 5 star ratings recently, but Talia Hibbert is an author that truly earns every freaking star she receives. She's a national treasure and we do not deserve her, folks. If you enjoy meaningful romances that are as diverse as they are steamy, please do yourself a favor and pick this one up. Dani's story is next in the trilogy, and you bet I'm waiting on pins and needles for it to be released. *FYI, this book does contain graphic
Chloe
THIS WAS TRULY EVERYTHING AHHHH
Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
This was one of my most anticipated books of the year and I am SO happy to report that I loved it just as much as I was hoping I would. Chloe was so strong and smart and hilarious and Red was so swooney and kind and loving and MY HEART IS SO FULL. If you want to read a romance that is equal parts sexy and swooney, look no further. PLUS THERE IS A CAT WHAT MORE COULD YOU WANT
destiny ♡⚔♡ [howling libraries]
"Choke, Redford. Just choke."
He seemed to adore her more every second.

This is such a hard review for me to write, not because I'm upset about what to say, but the opposite: because it was so damn good that I just want to screech incoherently until you ALL go buy it immediately and shove your faces into this incredible, hilarious, swoon-worthy, steamy, gorgeous, complex little rom-com. It's genuinely everything good in the world of romance books rolled into one adorable little package and I
Larry H
Nov 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 stars.

Get a Life, Chloe Brown is a rom-com that really made me think. (Plus: super steamy.)

Chloe Brown is feisty and independent, but the chronic pain of her fibromyalgia leaves her choosing the safe path more often than not, and she doesn't let people help her for fear she’ll be a burden.

"She hadn't always been like this, a tongue with the tip bitten off, her feelings squashed into a box. But help and concern, even from the people she loved—even when she needed it—had a way of grating. Of
Whitney Atkinson
Thanks to Avon for the advanced review copy!

This book struck the perfect balance between feel-good and meaningful. At the same time that there were important discussions about chronic pain and abusive relationships, it was also so damn cute and fun and lighthearted. I loved Chloe and Red's banter and the way that they supported one another, and this book was so addicting that I read it practically in two sittings--which is rare for me nowadays. It definitely held up to my expectations.

The one
Paromjit
This is a lovely rom-com by Talia Hibbert, set in Nottinghamshire featuring IT website designing geek, Chloe Brown, whose life was ripped apart 10 years ago when she suffered a debilitating bout of pneumonia, which left her so weak and exposed further health issues. She suffers from chronic pain, Fibromyalgia, an invisible disability that affects every aspect of her life, leaving her dependent on a mass of daily medications. She has good days and bad days, often breathless, easily tired, often ...more
preoccupiedbybooks
Sep 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
A wonderful, sweet and sexy tale of enemies to lovers, but also an emotional story about healing

I loved this book soooo much! This was hands down my favourite romance book of the year so far! I had already read, and loved A Girl Like Her by Talia Hibbert, so I was so excited to get an ARC of Get a Life, Chloe Brown. I love the diversity in this author's books, but also the unexpected emotional depth. I must also mention the author's note at the start. She actually included a trigger warning for
EmBibliophile
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 5-stars
5 stars ‘Button’ stars

This was my first Talia Hibbert book and I’m in love!! This was such a really sweet sexy romance with the exact perfect dose of humor.

I loved everything about this book;
•The banter between the characters made me feel so happy. Is it bad that I want someone to banter with? Because I do and I hope that it doesn’t make me a bad person, lol. I was smiling like a fool whenever these two start to banter. They were so adorable.

•Chloe is an amazing character. I loved her and how
emma
i am satisfied.

review to come / 3.5 or 4 stars I DON'T KNOW

-------------

not asking for much from this book, just that it be the cutest thing in existence and make me happy and fill the void within me.

you know. casual reading stuff
sarah xoxo

sexy
heartwarming
empowering
a freaking delight.

The witty, sarcastic dialogue and banter had me hooked from the first page, but what kept me reading was the characters. Everyone, from the main couple to their cat smudge had such distinct and lively personalities that it feels like they should all have their own book. (yep, even the cat)

Chloe was such a badass, I loved the way Talia Hibbert wrote her chronic pain, she didn't gloss over the illness, but it wasn't
bella ϟ  [ bella farren ]
5 / 5 stars

“It’s very awkward, dating while disabled. People can be quite awful. And you know I don’t have much energy to spare for social nonsense.”

I can't even begin to explain what this book meant to me. I have never, in my entire life, read a book with a character that has suffered exactly like me. To see what I have been through reflected on a page, and to see the beautiful story of self-betterment and healthy romance that Chloe went through had me in tears. There was just a lot of tears
Hollis
The fact that this book exists makes me a little less angry that the world is a dumpster fire. Which isn't to say that the world should continue stinking and burning, just that.. maybe this is proof we might one day be okay. Because this book? This b o o k.

She hadn't always been like this, a tongue with a tip bitten off, her feelings squashed into box. But help and concern, even from the people she loved — even when she needed it — had a way of grating. Of building up, or rather, grinding down.
Kelly (and the Book Boar)
Find all of my reviews at: http://52bookminimum.blogspot.com/

My face when I saw the rating for this one . . . . .

Oh I was so looking forward to it. Sadly . . . . . .

Coincidentally, Chloe herself was a bit of a Debbie Downer. Not to mention . . . .

I love when what should theoretically be simple romcoms tackle larger issues as the case was here with the leading lady suffering from chronic pain due to fibromyalgia and the leading male dealing with . . . something else that I’m not going to
Jane (It'sJaneLindsey)
4.5 stars. This was such a freaking delight.
may ❀
this is more like a 3.75 stars. it seriously adorable and sweet. i really enjoyed the lighthearted banter and the deep conversations. love me that character development.

the ending was kind of over-dramatic and felt unnecessary to bring up issues that deep in the book (imo) but other than that, i had a fun time

rtc
Meredith B.  (readingwithmere)
4.5 Stars!

Have you ever read a book where you feel like the character can relate to pretty much everyone in some kind of way? This is how I felt about Chloe Brown and I'm here for it.

Chloe is a single girl living on her own and codes websites for a living out of her house. She is also incredibly organized and makes a list for everything. She makes a special one help her "get a life" after she has a near death experience one day. Chloe realizes she needs someone to help her with the list and she
Aoife - Bookish_Babbling
Nov 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2019
This book could easily be the romance by which I ruthlessly judge all others going forward. It ticked all the boxes:
fun & funny
swoony & steamy
'enemies' -> friends -> lovers
characters that COMMUNICATE
representation in the MCs & brilliant sub-characters out the wazoo for spin-off options
realistic acknowledgment/discussion of sensitive topics between people who have walked different paths in life

I related so hard to Chloe's use of sarcasm as a form of protection. Mix in
Ⓐlleskelle - teamSøren♗ ⊲I like big b00ks⊳
4 stars for Chloe Brown!
I enjoyed myself a lot reading my first Talia Hibbert book!

So many tropes I loved combined into one book.
Next door neighbor
Hate To Love
Heroine making a life altering list

Chloe was such an adorable character, sarcasm and eccentricity her coping mechanisms for a chronic illness she’s been dealing with for years.
I don’t recall any romance book depicting in such depth what it’s like to live daily with invisible disabilities. Round of applause for the author for making Chloe’s
Tucker
Sep 01, 2019 marked it as not-released-tbr  ·  review of another edition
Here's why I need this book yesterday:

-The MC is a woman of color
-The MC is chronically ill
-The MC is a computer geek
-Bucket lists
-Drunken Nights
-Hot guys
-Sex scenes
K.J. Charles
A pure exuberant delight. I loved this book.

It's just terrific. A romcom where the hero is really suffering the aftereffects of emotional abuse--not suffering in that Romance Hero "I will be emotionally cold and an alpha dick" way, but actually really hurt, emotionally vulnerable, can be triggered, and is nevertheless not in the slightest inclined to take it out on other people or to blame All Women for one abusive relationship. How rare. The heroine is fat (15 stone! Actually fat!) and
Astrid - The Bookish Sweet Tooth

THEMES & TROPES: Enemies to Lovers
RATING: 4 Stars
CLIFFHANGER: No

READ MY REVIEW ON THE BLOG

While it took me longer than usual to make it through this story I want to emphasize that this is on me and not the author. I've been in a bit of a slump and it's kinda hard to get out of it.

When Chloe Brown is almost hit by a car she decides to take this as a sign to re-evaluate
Navessa

"...maybe poor health wasn’t something that should de-sex a person.”

Yes to this book. Talia Hibbert wrote a smart, compassionate, sexy as hell romance with a chronically ill female lead and she fucking hit it out of the ball park.

This is enemies-to-lovers rom-com gold. I had the best time reading this book. Here is proof that you can write a character who is in near-constant pain without letting her illness become who she is. Which I have seen so, so many times in various forms of media.

Don’
Book of the Month
Why I love it
by Grace Atwood

At first blush, Get a Life, Chloe Brown looks like a real breeze of a read. Or maybe a sweet schmaltzy romance. And while you will be able to devour it within an afternoon (and it IS a sweet romance), it’s so much more than that. It’s a complex story about two very real, very vulnerable, very likable characters. You’ll laugh and cry (and WHOAH there are some very steamy sex scenes… don’t give this to your teenager!)

Chloe Brown is chronically ill—after getting
Ceecee
Oct 31, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Chloe Brown suffers from fibromyalgia, has chronic pain and fatigue, surviving with the help of painkillers. For a while the illness causes her to leave life behind but with the aid of many lists (I do like a list!) including one entitled ‘Get a Life’ she decides to take the step of leaving the comfort of her wealthy parents home and move into an unprepossessing apartment block in South Nottingham. The superintendent of the building is an artist and a rather divine male specimen called Redford ...more
Karima chermiti
Adorable, steamy and life affirming; Get a Life, Chloe Brown is your next must-read romance. Full of heart and tender moments, I felt a delicious warmth spread over me every time I picked the book.

The book starts with Chloe nearly getting hit by a drunk driver and that experience makes her realize that she wasn’t living her life to the fullest which motivate her to make a get a life list.
But life rarely follows our plans and Chloe will get to understand that in the most wonderful brave way.

Antonella
I wish I loved this more.
Maybe because of the narrator's voice whenever she did Chloe was so annoying.
Overall it is a solid read! Cute & funny!

3,5 stars
Laura • lauralovestoread
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
All the stars! Such a cute read..

I loved this refreshing, sassy, hilarious book so much. I also appreciated the fair amount of steam, and have fully fallen for Red.

Chloe is so relatable and real. How nice to finally have a heroine that doesn’t fit the typical mold that saturates the romance genre. She suffers from chronic pain and shows a brave face through various moments in her life. I can’t wait to read the followup!

*Thank you Avon publishing and Libro.fm for this gifted copy for review.
Book of The Month: Get A Life, Chloe Brown 1 23 Nov 01, 2019 04:49AM

• The Bromance Book Club (Bromance Book Club, #1)
  • Well Met (Well Met, #1)
  • Bringing Down the Duke (A League of Extraordinary Women, #1)
  • Not the Girl You Marry
  • Twice in a Blue Moon
  • We Met in December
  • The Right Swipe (Modern Love, #1)
  • Faker
  • Royal Holiday (The Wedding Date, #4)
  • Xeni (Loose Ends #2)
  • The Family Upstairs
  • Nothing to See Here
  • Girl Gone Viral (Modern Love, #2)
  • Fix Her Up (Hot & Hammered, #1)
  • Love Her or Lose Her (Hot & Hammered, #2)
  • Would Like to Meet
  • Grumpy Jake
  • Open House (Uptown, #2)
Talia Hibbert is an award-winning, Black British author who lives in a bedroom full of books. Supposedly, there is a world beyond that room, but she has yet to drum up enough interest to investigate.

She writes sexy, diverse romance because she believes that people of marginalised identities need honest and positive representation. Her interests include beauty, junk food, and unnecessary sarcasm.

The Brown Sisters (2 books)
  • Take a Hint, Dani Brown (The Brown Sisters, #2)