Start by marking “Heart of a Royal (Daughters of Peverell #1)” as Want to Read:
Heart of a Royal (Daughters of Peverell #1)

Heart of a Royal

(Daughters of Peverell #1)

Brought to the palace as a newborn, the royal life bestowed upon Mackenna Sparrow was never meant to last forever. With Princess Alina engaged to be married, Mackenna's presence as companion is no longer required and, like it or not, she must return to the birthright which should have been hers - that of a commoner.

But not everyone at the palace wants her gone. When the
Paperback
Published October 15th 2019 by WhiteSpark Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Heart of a Royal, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Heart of a Royal

Start your review of Heart of a Royal (Daughters of Peverell #1)
Jen. (JenGalaxy4 Christian Book Reviews)
Here’s Why Heart of a Royal is a Book You Should Definitely Read:

* Seriously, look at the cover!!
* The first-person, single point of view from Kenna – this story absolutely needed to be told this way! It’s easy to get lost in the story and feel every emotion!
* Excellent development of some truly beautifully written characters
* The setting – author Hannah Currie shares vivid details of this contemporary yet somewhat medieval nation while at the same time, allowing the reader to imagine
Abigail
Gah, this book was amazing. I am literally about to burst with joy and love for this book. It.was.so.good!! Look at this beautiful cover.....I want it on my physical shelf so badly. It's so pretty!!!!! This cover alone can give this book 5 stars.....

The characters were amazing and I loved every single one of them - well except for the ones I wasn't suppose to like. I am praying that we get to see development in one of the characters in future books. Maybe even both that are rather distasteful
Rissi
Nov 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: review, 2019
Rating: 3.5

A fast-paced, charming and sweet "clean romance" novel that marks the debut of its author. Inside these pages, we certainly discover a wonderful start to a new series set in a world that easily sweeps its reader up into a world of ball gowns, friendships, danger and of course, a palace.

Come by Finding Wonderland to discover three "reasons to read Heart of a Royal."
Jes Drew
Who doesn't love a good modern-day princess story? And this one seems different than others, as we follow a commoner raised as a princess alongside the royal siblings, but without the king's favor. And maybe with a bit too much favor from her childhood playmate, Prince Ben- definitely too much from the people. Somehow, the not-quite-princess must navigate palace intrigue, family secrets, the whispered threat of Rebels, the wrath of the king, the schemes of the people, and even a natural ...more
Tricia Mingerink
Nov 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a cute book appropriate for lower YA and up. If you like sweet, princess stories, this will definitely be right up your alley.

I'm not quite sure how to categorize it. In some ways, it reminded me of Carol Moncado's books with a modern, royal families of made-up, not real countries yet set in our real world. Except that Heart of a Royal doesn't mention our real world at all, not even to mention broader politics of Europe or something like that. And the whole fight with the Rebels and the
Emily
Nov 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I think I found a new favorite author :)

It was beautiful and sweet, a little bit unpredictable, and definitely funny. I love how Jesus is interwoven into this story; that part actually made me cry. I don’t usually cry over fiction. But it reminded me how beautiful Jesus is. Thank you for this story.
Nov 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: review, celebrate-lit
While most little girls dreamed about being princesses, in the fantasy of my imagination I was a prairie girl—funny, really, because my name is Hebrew for “princess.” I watched all of the Disney movies and read endlessly, so I had a passing familiarity with fairy tales, but the life of royalty never appealed to me as something I would welcome. Too much attention, too many restrictions, having to dress up and entertain…no thanks! Finery and lavish living don’t entice me at all. I will admit that ...more
Raechel
Nov 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-reads
This was every bit as delightful as I hoped it would be!! I fell in love with the cover first (it's gorgeous!), and the description immediately drew my interest. And indeed, the story itself is amazing, and I daresay even surpasses the loveliness of the cover!"Heart of a Royal" is a delightful YA royal read - it reminded me a bit of "The Princess Academy" by Shannon Hale, only better (which I don't say in disrespect of TPA as that is still one of my favorite stories!).It is written in first ...more
Melissa
Oct 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
I don't know what it is about stories where you can "live out" the life of a commoner who draws the interest of a royal, but I loved the set up of this one because it was believable that the commoner could win the hand of the prince and have a happily ever because you know she isn't completely unaware of what she's getting into. An enjoyable marriage of convenience romance for teen and adult alike.
Stephanie
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing

Loved this book. Can't wait to read more. Love the characters. All will be well. Great book. Can't recommend enough.
Camille
When I stumbled upon Heart of a Royal, I was convinced I’d found my next favorite book, for the story sounded exactly like the kind of story I love to read. And in many ways, it was as adorable and delightful as I’d hoped. But while there were many cute things about it and many aspects I loved, I found myself occasionally rather frustrated with the story’s direction.

To begin, I loved the concept of the plot—a princess companion raised at the palace falls in love with the crown prince. After the
Becca (Reflections From My Bookshelves)
I enjoyed this book very much. It was a present day story with a fairy tale feel to it. I found myself egrossed in the story and wished it would not end. I enjoyed getting to know Mackenna. She was fun and full of depth. I felt like she was someone I could get to know. I enjoyed reading about the relationships she had with the different people in the castle. Each one had an impact on Mackenna's life and the future she would have. Hannah Curie weaves gospel truth throughout the story. I think the ...more
Jennifer  J.
Nov 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A story so thoroughly enchanting and engaging, I enjoyed it in one sitting! Delightful characters in just the place you’d expect! This new to me author has created a people and place with a special message that reaches all generations. Subtle foreshadowing and just the right mix of tension and drama make this one that keeps the reader fully engaged. Might even lend itself well to the start of a series! Heart of a Royal is a pleasure to read and offers the reader a lot more than just ...more
Emily Yager
Nov 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
If you love Hallmark-type Royal Romances then this book is for you. What I loved about this story - a) the Cover is Gorgeous, b) the characters are all well written, fun, and unique, c) faith and hope shine during the tough times, d) sweet romance with a dash of action, adventure, and a few surprises.

This is book one of the new series. Contemporary with a dash of Medieval charm woven in. I can't wait until the next one comes along.
Becky Dempsey
Nov 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am so glad that I read this book. "Heart of a Royal" is the first book in the Daughters of Peverell series, and Hannah Currie's debut novel. I loved this book. I found it well written and once I picked it up, I didn't want to put it down. I had to force myself to put it aside to do things like sleep and clean the house. I liked Kenna and found her insecurities and fears to be realistic and believable. I also totally loved Thoraben. He was strong and yet gentle, confident and caring. The ...more
Rose
Nov 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I'd like to introduce you to a new favorite book. Heart of a Royal by Hannah Currie.
The characters were definitely my favorite part of the story. First, the future king, Ben, so set in what he wants, not giving in to the whims of others. Adored by the people, Kenna would be the perfect best friend. She was so sweet and thoughtful to everyone she met. Kenna's mother is someone that I would love to meet in real life. She had so much wisdom and insight to offer and her joy was contagious.
Early on,
Aminata Coote
Oct 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The romance between McKenna and Thoraben was so sweet. Ben loved Kenna despite the fact that she was a commoner and their relationship angered his father. But for a long time, she couldn’t see his love for her in the same way we sometimes doubt God’s love for us.

Kenna was a strong character whose heart for the people of Peverell was evident in her actions towards them, as was Ben's. Together, they will make a perfect royal couple.

I received an electronic ARC from CelebrateLit; a positive
Ashley Roberts
Oct 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome Read!

The book was really intriguing. It kind of felt like a world that was half modern and half medieval. I loved the character development, but had a bit of a time wrapping my brain around a world where people had not heard of God, even though I know those countries do exist today.
Kate Bridie
Oct 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
A beautifully written story by a talented new author. There are many young adults (and adults!) out there who will adore this story, whether or not they are into princes and princesses. Hannah really does have a wonderful talent for captivating a reader.
Carol R.
Oct 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it! It's a YA clean read . . .

Lady Mackenna grew up in the palace as the companion to Princess Alina and a childhood friend to her brother, Crown Prince Thoraben in the mythical country of Peverell. But life changes dramatically when Alina gets engaged.

The king is aware of his son's feelings toward her, and he has other plans for Thoraben. The king banishes her from the palace, and Mackenna has to find her new identity as a commoner. Thoraben has never told Mackenna about his feelings
Jacqui Eames
Sep 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely beautiful

I fell in love with Kenna and Ben from the first page of this book. I loved the fun way they relate to each other. Lots of funny moments. I loved Kenna's journey of discovering herself and value. Even though it is a sweet princess story written for young adults, which I am certainly not, there is a depth of faith in it too that can encourage and inspire anyone above the age of thirteen. It leaves you smiling.
Tabitha Bouldin
Nov 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
A modern-day fairy tale where the princess isn’t really a princess at all…all I could say was, “Give this to me immediately!” I could not wait to get my grubby paws on this story.

Hannah Currie impressed me with her characters and her writing.

Kenna and Ben could have been anyone, but Ben happened to be the Prince and Kenna treated as a Princess until the day her charge becomes engaged.

Friends-to-something-more is one of my favorite tropes, and Heart of a Royal pulled it off with splendidly
Kendra Neal
Nov 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
WOW, this book is just amazing! The Book Cover stands out as it is so beautiful and entices you to pick up the book and read the synopsis.

I dove right into the book and couldn't put it down until I finished it about 4hrs later. The thing that intrigued me the most is the main character, Mackenna Sparrow, is actually a commoner who lived as a princess for most of her life. Now that her friend is engaged, her life may change as she may no longer be allowed to stay at the Royal Palace. Mackenna
Becca-Rae Weidel
Yay for amazing debuts! We may all have our personal tastes when it comes to genres, but doesn't every woman (young or...mature) love a good princess story??

From the very beginning this story had me captivated. Mackenna was an easy character to adore and root for. Her complicated place in society only seemed to draw the reader deeper into her world. Frustrated with her situation, I simplyhad to know how things would work out for her and how it would all happen.

Mackenna wasn't the only character
Emily Wilkinson
Nov 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I won Heart of a Royal in a giveaway (happily my first book win). It was a sweet romance that kept me turning pages, adoring the characters, and swooning a little too — who wouldn’t over a prince like Thoraben? My unrealistic, fiction-derived expectations of men may have increased a little after reading this but who can really blame me?

Bring on book two!
Ashley
This book was an absolute delight to read. It was cute and sweet and everything I needed at the time. An uplifting story that left a smile on my face.

Kenna and Ben were super endearing right from the start. Ben's an honorable guy. Such a gentleman. I couldn't help but fall for him. Kenna experiences quite a few big changes during the course of the book and I thought she handled them with grace and, though she might deny it, bravery.

Royalty books are always so much fun and this one was really
Cara Grandle
Nov 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite-fiction
I sat down and read this in one sitting. I love the slight rags-to-riches plot and I'm a secret fan of YA princess books. This one is great!
Jordan
Nov 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was an awesome romance!!! Normally, romances don’t have a real plot. If they do, it’s thrown together and doesn’t fit the story very well. But this plot? It was written in a way that complimented the romance. It made sense.

Great job Hannah Currie!!!!!! Keep writing!
Channyn
Nov 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I'm so glad that there's a 'one' on the spine because I can't wait for the second, third, fourth, fifth, neverending number of books in this series.

It did start off a little slow, but then I couldn't put it down. Now I'm sad that I've finished and will have to wait awhile for the next one.

Also, I really like it when authors use a scene in their book as cover inspiration.
Christine Wood
Nov 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A joy to read

I’ve stayed up too late for the last few nights, unable to put this enchanting story down. I can’t wait to read what happens to Ben and Kenna next. I hope there’s a sequel!!
« previous 1 3 next »

• Lake Season (Bluebell Inn Romance #1)
  • Once Upon a Christmas: Contemporary Retellings of Timeless Tales
  • Hope's Highest Mountain (Heirs of Montana, #1)
  • Practically Married
  • Aiming for Love (Brides of Hope Mountain, #1)
  • Hereafter (The Lost Princesses, #3)
  • Marisol: Spanish Rose (Charleston Brides #1)
  • Smoke Screen
  • A Match for Emma (Mitchell's Crossroads #3)
  • The Painted Castle (Lost Castle #3)
  • Foremost (The Lost Princesses, #2)
  • Royally Yours
  • Deadly Christmas Pretense (Roughwater Ranch Cowboys #2)
  • Deadly Deceit (Harbored Secrets, #2)
  • Essential Oils: God’s Extravagant Provision for Your Health
  • Always (The Lost Princesses, #0.5)
  • Protecting Tanner Hollow (Tanner Hollow, #1-4)
  • Christmas on Breakers Point (Independence Islands Book 1)
Aussie author, Hannah Currie, loves God, family, people (in small numbers, let’s not go crazy here!) and writing. A book nerd from birth, she knows firsthand the difference a good book can make in a person’s life. Even, and especially, fiction. Her dream as a writer is to make people laugh, cry and maybe even swoon a little but mostly to remind them that no matter how dark life may get at times, ...more