Start by marking “Destiny (Immortal Witches, #3)” as Want to Read:
Destiny (Immortal Witches, #3)

Destiny (The Immortals #3)

4.2  ·  Rating details ·  815 Ratings  ·  35 Reviews
She is Nidaba—a immortal High Witch so ancient, so legendary, that for thousands of years she has been the ultimate prize, relentlessly pursued by Dark Witches. She has eluded all who would kill her… until a mother’s grief makes her reckless and she is captured by a madman. After endless physical and mental torment, she escapes, but her captivity has damaged her spirit as ...more
Published February 1st 2001 by Jove

To ask other readers questions about Destiny, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Destiny

Auriette
May 11, 2011 rated it really liked it
Four thousand years after his first death, Nathan King is finally contented in his life. He has close friends he can trust, a profitable antiquities building, and a seaside home. Then a photo of a mentally ill woman reminds him of whom he once was ? Eannatum, King of all Sumer ? and puts his comfortable life at risk.

The woman is Nibada, a High Priestess, and Eannatum's first and only love. The first half of the book, she's in drug-induced catatonia. We learn about her, and her relationship with
Megan
Aug 04, 2008 rated it it was amazing
This is the third book in Maggie Shayne’s “Witch” series. I didn’t think the back cover’s description of this book did it justice. It sounded very boring, and I was just going to read it because Ms. Shayne is one of my top favorite authors. I should have known that it would have been excellent! Ms. Shayne writes everything well! I read this so long ago that I don’t remember the particulars of the plot. I just remember that the witch series sounded very boring, but turned out to be a lot of fun, ...more
Angela
14 April 2014: I already have the first three books in this series, but there's a box set right now for $0.99 on Kindle: Eternal Love: The Immortal Witch Series
Sherri Hunter
Aug 19, 2009 rated it it was amazing
This was a good read! This is the third book in Maggie Shayne's witch series. The first two, ETERNITY and INFINITY, were excellent. I enjoyed the first two more than this one, but this one has a lot of historical detail of an ancient civilization. Some readers may not enjoy all of the detail, but I really found it interesting.
Elida
Jun 18, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: individuals who like to read mysical books
Shelves: witches
This is a great mysical and sensual book that flows as you read it. This book is about a king, a queen, and a high priestess that are high immortal witches 4 thousand years ago until present. It is full of adventure from begining to end. If you read this book, it is so great that I am sure you will read it in 2 days. This is a "can't be put down book."
Yolanda
Mar 28, 2012 rated it really liked it
Wonderful. Takes care of a lot of historical / past questions that people may have been wondering about. Brings true love to an ending / new beginning. Then it ends with more questions. Will hopefully be taken care of by the next novel.
Maria Ringler
Feb 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Another great read. This series should be on everyone's must read list. I'm going to miss these 3 ladies.
Lora
Dec 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful
Wendy *Sebella Blue* Mitchell
Loved this trilogy. The heroine in this book is a pistol and worth the read alone. Some of Maggie's best work.
Janette Kirchner
May 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This one is my favorite of the Immortal Series. Nidaba is amazing.
Jennifer Prescott
Loved Nidaba's story. She'd been one of my favorite characters. True love -can- last forever! I loved the "historical" scenes, beautifully detailed!
LaurLa
Mar 31, 2014 rated it really liked it
I think this was my favorite of the trilogy and a big part of that was how the author told the history of the MCs as flashbacks and memories instead of Part 1 and Part 2 as she did in the first 2 books. This is almost a complete standalone in that we had only 2 scenes with characters from the previous books. Even though Nicodemus was pretty integral to the plot, you don't need to have read his story to understand why in this one.

I didn't agree with how Nidaba blamed Nathan for choosing his kingd
Amy
Jun 03, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: maggie
The story of Nidaba and Nathan (Natum).  Their story is truly one that spans the centuries, and one not to be missed in this wonderful series by Maggie Shayne.  Nidaba was a character introduced in Infinity that at first I wondered about, but then grew to admire.

Even with the changing times of the many years she has lived, she never fully immerses herself into those times.  She remains true to the life she lived when she first knew Natum.  She has not led an easy life, and most people wouldn't
Sandown Public
Jan 19, 2016 rated it liked it
Nidaba is an immortal high witch, and former priestess in ancient Sumeria. Natum was her lover and her king, though now he lies under the radar, so as not to be hunted by the Dark Witches. As he discovers her in and rescues her from an insane asylum, and helps her to recover, we witness both their present and their past, and how they came to this point.
I enjoyed this book, though I'm not sure if I liked it quite as much as as the first two books in the Immortal Witches trilogy. There were some d
Kimchi
Oct 02, 2007 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: people who like the whole love over time thing
It was an ok read. I'm not really into the whole living the past, as you read the book. I only do that for one author so. this was not the best read for me. It deals with overcoming a past that was both spell binding and horrific. I was almost bored at some points but again just my opinion.

If you like para books and have a thing for Psyhco characters that live forever then this is the book for you
Michelle Leah Olson
Oct 10, 2010 rated it really liked it
Wonderful. Takes care of a lot of the series’ past questions that characters that we’ve all been wondering about, brings true love to a beautiful culmination and then leaves us wanting more. This one has a lot of historical detail of an ancient civilization and some readers may not enjoy all of it. I found it fascinating!
Christina
Jun 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: adult-paranormal
I really likes this book...The history thrown in and descriptions were amazing and I felt transported back millennia... Although the whole I Love him... he doesn't love me back...Oh I wish she loved me as I Love her thread was the same as the other 2 books and the outcome was predictable... I still enjoyed the story of Nidaba and Natum ~
Joanne
Jan 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
The final book in the immortal witches trilogy was really good. I loved Nibada's tale and was happy to learn of it. I did get a little confused with Puabi's glamour...it didn't always make sense to me but overall I was happy of how it played out and will likely read the series again at some point.
Bethann
Apr 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved this series ! Maggie is my favorite author I have almost every book she has written and have re read this series several times love the sisters and romance story that they each have(less)
B
Library Book

Characters:
Setting:
Married: No
Children: Yes; Nicodemus (from book #2)

Stars: 2.5
Book didn't hold my interest. The elaborate plot that u invisioned was actually boring and sorta simple.
~November 1, 2016
Jana
May 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I love this series, but hate the fact you have to skip a few scenes
Jane Love
Apr 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
Nadiba is in a mental hospital after jumping off a building will Airanna and the others find her before one of the dark ones
Diane
May 31, 2016 rated it did not like it
If you have read books 1 and 2, book 3 is almost exactly the same. I felt like I was re-reading the first 2 just with different people.
Faye Irvine
Mar 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So it ends.

Reading the last chapter felt like I was on a rollercoaster. Another great tale of love, and good battling evil.
Tasneem
Sep 01, 2011 rated it really liked it
I loved this. Yes I cried, but Nathan and Noboda have suffered so much. When they finally come together, it is wonderful.
Heather
May 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
In the third episode of the series, we finally find out who is the mysterious Nidaba. She meets up with someone from her past. Great ending!
Kelly Russell
Sep 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Final chapter in a great trilogy, where all the loose ends are tied up and conclusions are brought to light. Lots of history, suspense and a bit of cliff hanging right until the end. Great job.
Jen Taylor
Feb 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Amazing finish to this series! I find myself hoping for more books to come. Definitely going to check out some other books by this author.
Lisa Swanepoel
Aug 31, 2014 rated it really liked it
I love the story telling ability of Ms. Shayne. She is brilliant at weaving tales across time. A fabulous series.
Mitabird
Jan 08, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy-romance
  • Moonglow
  • Strangers In The Night (includes Beyond Twilight - Wings in the Night, #4)
  • Bewitched
  • Maximum Witch (That Old Black Magic, #3)
  • Keeper of the Shadows (The Keepers: L.A. #3)
  • Soul Whisperer (The Tracker #3)
  • Bride of the Wolf (Shadowmen #4)
  • Seeing Stars
  • The Healing Miracles of Archangel Raphael
  • This Wicked Magic (This Witchery #2)
  • The Pirate's Pixie
  • Abby's Christmas Spirit (Murphy Sisters #3)
  • In the Company of Witches (Arcane Shot, #2)
  • The Star Witch (Fyne Witches, #3)
  • Circle of Desire (Damask Circle, #3)
  • Book of Witchery: Spells, Charms & Correspondences for Every Day of the Week
  • A Hidden Magic (Sentinels #1)
  • Sinful (Winston Brothers, #3)
I live in the teeny, tiny town of Taylor, NY, (Alliteration Alert!) though my mailing address is Cincinnatus, my telephone exchange is Truxton and I pay taxes and vote in Cuyler. All of these are at least in the same rural county in the southern hills of New York State; Cortland County. There are more cattle than people here. The nearest “big” cities are Syracuse and Binghamton and they are an hou ...more
More about Maggie Shayne...

The Immortals (4 books)
  • Immortality (Immortal Witches, #0.5)
  • Eternity (Immortal Witches, #1)
  • Infinity (Immortal Witches, #2)