Start by marking “Witchy Business (Witches of Shadow Lane #1)” as Want to Read:
Witchy Business (Witches of Shadow Lane #1)

Witchy Business

(Witches of Shadow Lane #1)

Defeated and down on her luck, recently heartbroken witch, Shay Graves, seizes the opportunity to pack up her daughter and moves back to the enchanted island of Spellbourne to work for her family's funeral business. With a teenage daughter about to come into her witchy powers, a family of eccentric witches only a stone’s throw away, and a job where the dead always have a ...more
Published August 27th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Witchy Business, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Witchy Business

Start your review of Witchy Business (Witches of Shadow Lane #1)
Amanda
Nov 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What's not to love

This felt like a breathe of fresh air, in my favourite genre many of these books can have the similar starts, person's life goes down toilet, person suddenly receives a legacy from a will from an unknown or forgotten relative, they discover magical powers and more often than not a dead body! This was different and it blew other books in the paranormal cosy out of the water (in a good way! I promise)

Shay Graves is a Witch, who has lived amongst humans for over 15 years. Newly
Krystyna
Aug 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lighthearted with a good plot

A great start to a new series. Although like me, you might get part of the solution the rest might have you wondering Who. A great little plot with enough suspects to satisfy most cozy readers and enough twists to keep you guessing. Add in a paranormal island and a mixture of supernaturals with a complex mix of characters for a great read.
She has finally come home now that her second marriage has ended (her first husband had died shortly after their wedding and she
Kristy
Aug 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shay Graves is returning home with her daughter who's about to come into her powers on her 15th birthday. But thats not why she's coming home to the family funeral business her ex-husband a real slug of a guy cheated on her and stold the business she helped build. But she did get a little even before she left. Now things are looking up her daughter even likes her new school with all the different paranormal kid's the her daughter gets possessed but a recently deceased whitch who says she not ...more
Carol
Aug 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Evanora was ancient and had problems walking and needed a stair lift to get upstairs so when she was found al the bottom of the stairs, everyone thought that she had had an accident and fallen down the stairs. Case closed, accidental death. But her ghost refused to accept that and was determined that someone investigated her murder and found her killer for her. But when the second high priestess of the Witches council is strangled within a few days, there was not much doubt that there was a ...more
Munira Vahed
Sep 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it!

I really enjoyed this new series by this fabulous author.
When Shay decides to move back to her home town with her teenage daughter, Ember. She is thrust straight into a murder mystery when the ghost of the person which incidently was the High priestess was murdered possesses Ember and refuses to leave. Shay is forced to investigate and reveal the murderer in their midst.
I found Aunt Hattie hilarious and reminded me a lot of Aunt Tillie from the witches of the midwest series by lily
Regina De Los Reyes
Sep 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
The first book in the Witches of Shadow Lane was an enjoyable fun read. At first I wasn't sure if I was going to like Shay Graves. I think oddly enough it was due to the fact that she had left her family and hadn't returned to see them for almost 15 years and that bothered me a bit because of my own wish to have done the same thing but I've always felt a sense of obligation to my family and I was jealous! But after I set my personal ire aside, I enjoyed getting to know the family and the ...more
Chad Barrus
Aug 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A new series by Misty that is sure to be a hit as well! The story captures the readers imagination as Shay investigates two murders in her hometown.

If you’re already a fan of Misty’s from the Blackwood Bay series you will love this story as well. If you haven’t read any of Misty’s works yet you need to begin now! She’s a terrific writer and you will enjoy getting to know the characters in her stories. They will become your friends.

I wholeheartedly recommend this book to young and old alike who
Kathy
Sep 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this first book in the new series. Shay is coming home for the first time in many years. She is bringing her daughter to her home town for the first time ever - and it's a an enchanted island where only the paranormal can enter. Shay belongs to a family of witches and her daughter is about to turn fifteen - the age when she will attain her powers. Everything is turned upside down when the head witch is found dead and her ghost decides to take over Shay's daughter's body - until such ...more
Catherine Stratman
Sep 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great start to a new series!

First off, anything by Misty Bane is going to be a good read and this new series is no exception. The characters are well developed, I would love to visit the town, and the paranormal twists are the best. Ms Bane has a very easy to read writing style and her plots will keep you busy with all the twists and turns. Ghost witches taking over people's bodies, a gossipy blogger, what's not to like? Can't wait for the next in this series!

I received an ARC. This is my honest
Angela Griffin
Nov 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Welcome to Mystic Key!

Shay is a witch who's being blackmailed by a ghost. Ember, Shay's daughter, is being hijacked by the same ghost. Nutty Aunt Hattie has taken to carting Steve around in a baby carrier... Wait, did I mention that Steve is Shay's cat?! Throw in a couple of deaths, several additional eccentric characters, the unusual challenges of the family business, and relationship woes, and you have this fun romp as an intro to the "Witches of Shadow Lane" series. I look forward to reading
Ellen Shaw
Aug 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun times, New world, a d a who-dun-it!

Shay left the enchanted island and her family's home and business on Shadow Lane nearly sixteen years ago, just after the death of her fiance. (Perhaps new husband.) Now she's come full circle and is back in town with her teenaged daughter Ember. Old friends, wacky family and a potential love interest make a cushy background for the macabre murder mystery that forms the main plotline. I recommend this one!
Michelle Randall
Oct 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
After 15 years away from home, Shay is returning with her teenage daughter in tow. Luckily for Shay her family is waiting and ready to welcome her home with a home and a job.

As Shay returns to her job as the makeup artist for her father's funeral home, things take a turn when the deceased is not ready to pass on but decides to inhabit Shay's daughter in hopes of getting Shay to investigate her murder. The whole town thinks it was a accident but now Shay has to investigate and prove a murder.

Nadine
Aug 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Imagine being possessed by a vengeful ghost.

What would you do if it was your daughter who had been possessed?

Oh my witch!

I read the blurb and that got me so excited! Very promising. And it delivered! What a great new series! Quirky and fun, suspenseful and magical! Shay has to save her daughter from said ghost. And solve a murder while she’s at it. And I didn’t know who and what! Which I love in a mystery. Really recommend!!!
Myra Ball
Sep 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A winner

Misty Bane has once again written a wonderful cozy mystery. Everything I've read by her is excellent and this book is no different. The whole book is set in a paranormal town that's quite fun. Mystic Key is the perfect town for all form of creatures to just be themselves.
Kim Loomer
Aug 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shay Graves and her daughter move back to Mystic Key after a bad divorce and Shay goes back home to once again work in her Dad's Funeral Home. I thought this book was so good and had a lot of good chuckles over this story. It is a big change for Misty's daughter but she seems to like the place just fine. I just know that this is going to be another great series by Misty Bane!
Catherine
Nov 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mystic mystery

Looks to be an interesting series. I like that it has a different twist to a witch coming home to her magical town. And bringing her daughter who promptly get possessed by the murdered high priestess of the witch council. So now Shay hzs to solve her murder to free her daughter. Welcome home.
Katie  Cunningham
Sep 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book. It's a great start on a new series with interesting characters and a story that held my interest all the way through. I look forward to the next one.

I received an advance copy of this book and am voluntarily leaving a review.
bobbie mckeever
Oct 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
New Find

Found this book,while browsing my kindle. Wonderful new series for me. Great story with very interesting and entertaining characters. I now have a new author on my list. Highly recommend.
Evonne Hutton
Aug 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Coming home takes on a new meaning with two deaths and your daughter being possesed!
Shay returns to Mystic Cove with her daughter in tow, never expecting to land up in such a horrendous situation!
A very good story line.
More please!
Sylvie
Aug 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a fun book! I think this series just became my favorite! Misty Bane is a great writer who knows how to keep her readers entertained. I loved the mystery, the magic, the funny strange familiars and of course Shay's family. When is the next book coming out???? Thanks Misty!
Debbie
Good for what it is; not complex, no deeper meaning, no steam. Admittedly, the characters in these paranormal cozy mystery witch families start looking alike (one sane one, several oddball siblings, crazy disruptive aunt or granny ... sound familiar?)
Sep 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow! Great cozy

This is a great start to a new series. Quirky characters (not overly obnoxious with it) and an enjoyable murder mystery. I like how Shay got pulled into helping solve it and the various characters along the way. Looking forward to the next book!
JodiandDan Sands-Sweet
Oct 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Such a fun start to a new series! I love the Graves family! They’re quirky and fun and total individuals who do things their way. Aunt Hattie is the best! I can already tell I’m going to love, love, love, reading this series!
Maryalice
Sep 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Crazy, paranormal folks doing the crazy things people do in their crazy paranormal way. and somehow manage to solve not one but 2 murders I read till the words were fuzzy, put the book down till I couldn't stand it any more, read till I couldn't see straight and the cycle started all over again
Sandy
Aug 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This witchy murder mystery is a great start to a new series. The writing is skillful, the dialogue clever and the characters amusing and well developed . I received this book free and chose to make a voluntary, unbiased review.
cassandra
Oct 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very nice

I read this book very quickly it was an easy read. Smooth and we'll written. I don't know if I'm hooked on this series yet it ended non-cliffhanger.
diane kerr
Oct 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun and smart

I now want a tiny dragon. Normally I'm team cat. Just a fun read & a place I would like to go for vacation
Rachel Guest
Sep 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good fun

I enjoyed this book , good characters , good story line easy read , will read more by this author in the future .
Mist Willingham
Nov 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Adorable

A very clever twist on an old favorite theme. Sometimes you really can go home. I enjoyed it immensely. Thumbs up!
Darlena D Doak
Sep 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Nice.

I loved this book. It was a clean cozy with a little romance. What a nice read. Highly recommend it

• Broom and Gloom (Wicked Witches of Coventry Book 8)
  • Cursed Brides and Alibis (Southern Belles and Spells Matchmaker Mystery, #2)
  • Broom and Board (Wicked Witches of Coventry Book 7)
  • Relatively Familiar (Accidental Familiar Book 2)
  • Un-Familiar Magic (Accidental Familiar Book 3)
  • Cloaks and Daggers (Spellbound Ever After Paranormal Cozy Mystery #6)
  • Witches & Words (Library Witch Mystery #4)
  • Three Alarm Fury (Federal Bureau of Magic Cozy Mystery #6)
  • All Too Familiar (Accidental Familiar Book 1)
  • Sweep - Stakes (Wicked Witches of Coventry Book 6)
  • The Potion Commotion (Happy Blendings Witch #1)
  • Magical Dames and Dating Games (Southern Belles and Spells Matchmaker Mystery, #3)
  • Flea Market Magic (Southern Relics Cozy Mysteries #1)
  • Magic & Maladies (Starry Hollow Witches #10)
  • A FISTFUL OF DEMONS (HANNAH HICKOK WITCHY MYSTERY #2)
  • Panic Broom (Wicked Witches of Coventry Book 5)
  • A WITCH AXE TO GRIND (CALAMITY CORNERS #4)
  • Deadly Spells and a Southern Belle (Southern Belles and Spells Matchmaker Mystery, #1)
Misty Bane is the author ofParanormal Cozy Mysteries filled with witches,shapeshifters, snarky ghosts, and a talking animal or two.

Misty is a Pacific Northwest native currently living between the mountains and the beach with her husband, three children, and golden retriever, Lou. She sometimes fantasizes aboutliving in a world where she could clean the house and whip upa four-course mealwith just

Witches of Shadow Lane (3 books)
  • Witchy Orders (Witches of Shadow Lane #2)
  • Witchy Secrets (Witches of Shadow Lane #3)