Start by marking “Winter's Walk” as Want to Read:
Winter's Walk

Winter's Walk

She plans to work alone. He wants to be left alone.
What connects them is a country lane that may be their pathway to love—if only they’d stop irritating each other

Recovering from a personal trauma, IT geek, Jessica, stumbles into Heart Springs with one goal in mind. What she hadn’t planned on was clashing with the bantering, blue-eyed, hard-bodied, Brett.

Shouldering his
Published August 23rd 2019 by R&R Ramblings House

To ask other readers questions about Winter's Walk, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Winter's Walk

Helen
Aug 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a great novella, short, sweet and very witty, Jessica is and IT geek who wants time alone and Brett a country boy is a loner he is not good at talking to new people, but throw them together and both of their lives are about to change.

Jessica has been injured in an accident and the time has come for her to get back on her feet, she plans on hiking in the outback and needs lots of training first, she arranges some jobs helping people with their web pages in the small town of Heart Springs
paulinereidbookreviewer
Aug 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Ellen Read
My view on what this book is about....
Jessica, who has been a victim in a hit and run accident and landed herself in a wheel chair, she sets a goal to become independent again. Having not much luck with Mum and Dad, smothering her like cotton wool, Jessica decides to high tail it to a remote place to find her mojo.
Jessica decides on setting a goal, to trek the Larapinta trial. However, she thought she was going to do this by herself, little did she know a new companion, Brett was going to be th
Romance With A Cause (formerly bookwithahook)
Winters Walk is my 3rd book by Mel. And I loved it from the first chapter. You can't help but be drawn into these characters. Their first meeting was hilarious and then their second meeting knocked someone on their arse. And I couldn't stop laughing.

Jessica is on a holiday/work trip of sorts to the outback. She's a city girl so she's out of her element. On her first day she encounters two indigenous beings; one who stops her journey to sunbath, the other makes her feel an inch tall for being a
Sandra
Aug 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Jessica & Bretts initially meeting was not the greatest so they become frenemies. She's in the small rural town for work & also to recoup after a major trauma. Brett is hiding from life & a major tragedy. Almost the perfect pair with their stubbornness.
Bit by bit an actual friendship of sorts develops as does their feelings for the other. But she is leaving to fulfil a wish list dream.
It was wonderful how they helped each other mend & perhaps leading towards a promising future. A
Linda
Aug 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
With two main characters mired in the sorrows of their past, this story really hits the heart. Visiting IT specialist Jessica has plans to conquer her past whereas local Brett has buffered himself as much as possible from the places and people who remind him of his loss and regrets. Their developing adversary to supportive relationship makes for a great story and realistic, gradually developing romance as they discover whether they can recover their joy and lust for life.

Mel Rowe has a
Sunshinejode73gmail.Com
Aug 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A sweet contemporary novella that was perfect to read in one sitting.
Two people dealing with hurts, Jessica needs to be alone to prove her independence after suffering personal trauma while Brett needs no one and prefers to be isolated. When IT expert Jessica comes to the Town of Heart Springs she is annoyed to find out the cocky man she met on the highway Brett, is going to be her Neighbour while she works in town. A shared access track on their properties makes them cross paths more than they
Lori
Aug 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Jessica and Brett are damaged. One by tragedy and one by accident. Jessica is determined to do what everyone says is foolish and impossible. Brett's life has virtually stopped. Can being friends help them? Lead to more? I liked this read. It's a sweet romance.
Ann-Maree Howarth
Aug 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a wonderful heart-warming story this book was I was invested by the end of page two, by the characters as well as the story the author was telling us. The joy this story gave me will stay with me for a while as will the laughter and banter between Jessica and Brett.

Heart Springs welcomes Jessica into their community, a welcome Jessica had not planned as she was only staying for six weeks. Six weeks to gain her independence back so she could plan to take a trek in central Australia. She has
Sofie Sehested
Aug 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I gave this novella 4,5 stars.
I really, really loved this novella about two people becoming friends and helping each other navigate through the troubles of their lives and feelings in the Australian outback.
I loved the way Mel A. Rowe lead me through this story by using such a beautiful written language and even though it is an emotional story I felt completely safe in the knowledge that they get their happy ending.
The only problem I had with the story is that we get to know how their friendsh
KL Cassanello
Aug 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Jessica was seriously injured in a hit-and-run, and is still recovering. She's ready to move on, and is training for a long trail hike. Brett's wife died, and his military mates were all killed by an IED; he'd rather stay on his farm and avoid people altogether. They have a rocky first meeting, but quickly learn how to push each others' buttons. He begins to help Jessica with her training, at first so she doesn't further injure herself with bad form. He becomes both the pushiest trainer and her ...more
Molly
Aug 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Jessica was left crippled in the wake of a hit and run. Her parents were there for her when she came out of hospital, yet they would likely have put her in bubble wrap on a shelf if they could keep her from getting hurt again.

An IT specialist, she took the insurance payout and set up herself as a consultant. Training in the remote farmland Brett calls home, she plans to consult for the travel agent who booked her 6 day hike.

Suddenly Jessica finds herself with several clients, including her sna
Krisz
Shelves: arc-review
I liked Winter's Walk by Mel A Rowe.
It was a lovely read. I liked Jessica's character very much. She was on the road to recovering from a serious trauma. I liked very much the delicacy with wich Mel A Rowe had crafted this female lead. I think she handled issues with disabilities with a great sense.
I liked Brett's quiet moodiness and loved to see him gradually open up, giving up his recluse life.
It was a great read. I think Ms Rowe has a knack for introducing delicate subjects with care and sty
Heather Wamboldt
Aug 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a beautiful story of healing and love. Brent and Jessica are wonderful, strong, stubborn characters who both have healing to do, one mentally and the other physically. The banter between them keeps you laughing and their sweet chemistry makes you sigh as their friendship grows and you hope that they can put aside their pasts and move on to a future together.

The author's mastery of the written word is evident in the vivid descriptions of the Australian outback. I cannot wait to read the n
ebsTx
Aug 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Inspirational!

Great story of two people challenging and recovering from their pasts. Brett had quit living after his wife died. Jessica had been smothered and coddled by her family since surviving a hit and run accident. They irritate each other greatly, but there is a spark. This is the story of the spark catching fire.
Sheila
Aug 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Jessica lost a leg when someone did a hit and run then her parents started to try and shelter her so she decides to take a long hike. She meets Brett when she leaves the city for the country to work and train for her long hike. They do not like each other at first but has he helped her train they became close. What does the future hold for Jessica and Brett?

Doris
Witty, well-written novella 👍🏻🤗 I admired Jessicas will and power of endurance
D.
Aug 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another book by Mel Rowe that I truly fell in love with. Although it is considered a novella, there is a lot packed into the pages. I found it a great read and also inspiring. Thank you for writing such a great story.

Lynn Happel
Aug 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Annoyance - challenges - goals before feelings. A thoroughly enjoyable story! Jessica and Brett were each going thru their own specific grief and had challenges to overcome and goals to meet. Where did these feelings come from and what to do about them? Loved all the feels.
Kimberly
Aug 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
The book is a good sweet small town romance read. The story has a good story line. The characters are good, and they have good chemistry. The story is an enjoyable sweet contemporary romance read.

Barbara
Aug 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This the third book by this Author that I have read and I find her stories to be ones that grab my interest from the start. IT geek, Jessica is trying to get back on her feet after an hit and run accident left her in a wheelchair she is determined to prove she can now walk again as good as before. She comes to Heart Springs, Australia. She meets Brett who comes to her rescue by letting her stay in a cabin on his land. Brett is suffering from the death of someone dear to him, he wants to be left ...more
Jeanne Richardson
Sep 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the 2nd book I've read written by Mel Rowe; she has done a great job at writing a good book; I can’t wait to read more of her books.

I loved the chemistry between the characters.

Kristi
Aug 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
An enjoyable read of two characters that work on overcoming personal challenges. Strong characters who have good chemistry and the story line is a sweet small town romance between the two characters.

Bára
Marlize
Sep 02, 2019
sally moir
Sep 04, 2019
Australian Bestselling Author, Mel A ROWE, creates escapes for today’s busy women to enjoy from the comfort of their home.

Delivered with a dash of drama, witty humour and quirky family units, Mel is known for reinventing romantic versions of home, taking common characters on uncommon journeys that lead from boardrooms to billabongs as they try to find their own HAPPILY EVER AFTER.

Are you ready to