Start by marking “The King's Prerogative” as Want to Read:
The King's Prerogative

The King's Prerogative

it was amazing 5.00  ·  Rating details ·  5 ratings  ·  4 reviews
A novel exploring the mystery surrounding Rudolf Hess’ 1940 flight to Scotland through the lens of a young man from Stranraer.
Published July 30th 2019 by Clink Street Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The King's Prerogative, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The King's Prerogative

it was amazing 5.00  ·

Bookread2day
Jul 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
In the prologue

Saturday 10th May 1941

The Messerschmitt Bf 100 night fighter continued to fly. The pilot turned east , flying over the Southern outskirts of Glasgow on the approach to the landing strip, but the landing strip had gone. The pilot made a grim decision he pulled the column back and climbed into the night sky. He knew he had to pull himself out of his seat . He rolled the plan onto its back and he fell out of the cockpit.

The story then nicely jumps to present day 1983

After Craig had
Janet Marsten
Aug 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When I started this book I reckoned it was about a nice but boring guy, with a nice but boring job (in a bank) in a nice but boring town... so I thought it would be a nice but boring book. How wrong I was! This is a cracking page turner that caused me to miss at least 6 bus stops whilst finishing a chapter. The book also challenges commonly held beliefs (myths?) about World War II. I truly enjoyed it from start to finish.
Mylesgorton
Mar 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A very engaging book, well written by a man who clearly knows his subject (the mysteries around Rudolf Hess’s 1940 flight to Scotland) and has wrapped this into a pacy crime thriller.
Graeme Murray
Aug 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Brilliant

This was a page turner. Thoroughly enjoyed this book. Loved how the lines between fiction and fact were so cleverly blurred. The plot knitted together perfectly. It is a conspiracy story with thought provoking consequences. I'll definetly be looking out for the next book from this author.
MR ERIC R PHILLIPS