Start by marking “Rustic Hearts (Poplar Falls, #1)” as Want to Read:
Rustic Hearts (Poplar Falls, #1)

Rustic Hearts

(Poplar Falls #1)

The last place Sophia Lancaster wanted to return to was Poplar Falls. It’s the place that holds all the painful memories and unanswered questions she’s ever had. One phone call causes her life to take a turn, forcing her back to the town she hasn’t stepped foot in over twenty years.

And right into the path of Braxton Young.

His blue eyes, sinful smile, and rough exterior
Published September 16th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Rustic Hearts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rustic Hearts

Start your review of Rustic Hearts (Poplar Falls, #1)
Melanie (mells_view)
“Sometimes, a love so big comes along, and even if you only get to hold on to it for a little while, it can fill you up for a lifetime.

Sophie and Brax own my soul right now. Sophie goes back to her hometown, because unfortunately her grandma passed away. Thing is she hasn’t been back home in twenty years, because of... well, circumstances. Brax is someone she planned to hate. She planned to go back to pay her respects, see some family, and get back to her life in New York. Would this be any kind
Shelby
Sep 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
When Sophie was 12-years old, her mom packed up their life and moved them to NYC, leaving behind her entire world in Poplar Falls and the most important man in her life, her dad. Sophie held out hope that her dad would come after her, but not long after their move, Jefferson remarried and decided to raise his new wife's orphaned niece and nephew. Sophie felt betrayed and decided to leave that life behind her, never to return to her hometown.

Now 20-years later, Sophie is an up-and-com
Elle's Book Blog
Release Date: September 16, 2019
Actual Rating: 5 stars

Small Town | Enemies-to-Lovers | Sweet Romance

Have you ever read a book that made you fall so hopelessly in love that you wanted to live in it's world? THIS is THAT book for me. Amber Kelly is a new to me author and I am so thankful to have found this gem of a book. It's a sweet story, one that delivers in small town charm, with an exceptional set of character (including the secondary characters), and I just want to read i/>/>
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
4 ⭐'s

I don't know how I came upon this book but I'm glad I did.

Sophie's parents divorced when she was twelve years old and her new on-the-go life in New York couldn't be more different than the old life she loved out on her family's ranch.

She gets a call from her Aunt that her grandmother has passed away and she decides to go to the funeral although she hasn't spoken to anyone in twenty years.

Things have changed but a lot hasn't. She meets Braxton who's been living and working on the ranch a
Dayang
Sep 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was my first Amber Kelly ARC. She was new to me and I didn't know what to expect... So I dove in with an open mind, and devoured the book within hours. I didn't even notice the time, and I was like, "oh well since we're already practically in the home stretch, might as well finish the book" and so I did, and finished the book at 2:57am.

The blurb lured me in so I signed up... I love a small town and sexy cowboy romance... I always pictured myself living in a ranch with my tall, h
Gemma Crowe
Sep 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a sweet slow burn and I loved how beautiful this story was! I like how the story is a small town, big family type of setting. Sophie returns to try and rebuild her relationship with her family and even though her and Braxton don’t get along at first his charm certainly ends up with her questioning where she belongs in life. I enjoyed the little snippets of the other characters in this book as well!
Nicki - The Overflowing Bookcase
One call that informs Sophia that the grandmother she has not seen since she was 12 years old has died sends her on a trip back to the family that she has not seen since she and her mother left for NY in the middle of the night. Armed with the stories her mother told her about the father who found another family to love, Sophia feels like an outsider. When she reconnects with the aunts and her childhood friend Sophia finally feels like she has found the things that were missing in her life, but ...more
Heike
Sep 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book, can’t wait to read more by Amber Kelly
Sep 30, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have to admit, it did take me a little while to get into this book, but once I was invested, it was do or die. There was NO stopping me from finishing and finding out what was going to happen.

Amber Kelly does it again. Braxton and Sophia (and well, let's be honest, ALL of the people we meet in Poplar Falls) definitely steal your heart and find a way to make you care about all the things.
Lisa Stinson
Sep 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Amber Kelly's writing is getting better with each book. I absolutely loved this book. The writing was so well done.

Sophie left her home with her mother 20 years ago. She didn't really understand why they had to leave like they did but in time her mother explained why they needed to go. So she accepted what her mother said and their new life began in New York. But after 20 years away from her first home, she is forced to go back because her grandmother passed away. Her plan is to go back for the
Brook
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
“Rustic Hearts” by Amber Kelly is heartwarming and delicious. This is probably going to be one of my longest reviews because I have so much to say about this book! It reminded me of “The Simple Wild” and the friends to lovers trope and hometown familial relationships make this such a beautiful read!

Sophia Lancaster is convinced by her aunt to return to Poplar Falls after her grandmothers death and is forced to face her estranged father and the family and friends she left behind.
Kelly
Sep 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Small Town Country Romance!

The cover drew me in, the blurb hooked me and the story kept me engaged! This book had everything I love in a small town romance - big, loud, meddling family; sexy cowboys; town gossip; family secrets and jealous exes. And dang it, Sophie’s love for her old horse had me tearing up - I am a sucker for a girls everlasting love for her horse.

When Sophie’s beloved grandmother passes away, she is faced with going back to her families ranch after almost 20 years
BookLover
Sep 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A love story that will shake you up and then make everything right again. A romance that leaves you hanging on to see what is going to happen. You need this book in your life!! This will be a book you won’t be able to put down and will consume you from the beginning.

Amber Kelly has such a way with words. She has a story that will completely blow your mind! It is an emotional story of a girl who thinks life was one way, but it actually was another. The characters have flaws, but they are these b
Rachael
Sep 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Amber Kelly’s writing is such a refreshing change to most of the narratives on the market today, that it is simply captivates me from the blurb itself! Rustic Hearts was no different. An enemies to lover’s romance, set on a ranch in Colorado, it brought me back to the roots of why I love to read. The story of Braxton and Sophie was so genuine and full of so much heart that it truly gave me all the feels!

The passion between these two forbidden lovers is so poignant that seeing their relationship
thi
Sep 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.75/5
- city girl goes back to her hometown where she reconnects with her estranged rancher father and his “new” family
- alright so the love interest is her dad’s nephew in law .. questionable
- I’LL LET IT SLIDE THIS TIME
- SOPHIE ☺💕: jewelry designer; business-wiz; lovely and proud
- Braxton ... he’s alright
- THEY HAVE SUCH GREAT CHEMISTRY THOUGH
- We’ve seen this trope before but I particularly liked this story just for how involved the rest of the rancher family and friends
Halle Reads
4.5/5 Stars

I Loved this book so much and that coveris simply GORGEOUS

When Sophie was 12 years old her mum takes her from her hometown Popular Falls, Denver and moves them both the New York away from the rest of her family including her Dad who she adores. Sophie thought that she would be returning soon or that her Dad would come look for her but after a while she finds out that that her Dad has now happily remarried and is living on his Ranch with his new wife and her nephew and nie
Maria Cassera
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cover drew me in

This is the second book by this author, and by far not my last. From the Prologue I instantly fell in love with Sophia. Jefferson, her father and her aunts instantly I loved them too. I could not stop reading. As she spends time back in her childhood hometown many secrets come to lite. Braxton & Sophia have chemistry and all see it & feel it. Beau was an added blessing to the storyline. I just absolutely loved this book & these characters. I highly recommend th
Messy Bun Book Blog
Sep 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was my first Amber Kelly book but it certainly won't be my last! I loved getting to delve into Sophie's history, and to see what made her & her mom leave all those years ago. I was sucked in watching her get reacquainted with her long lost family, and to see her discover why Colorado might be the home she needs!
Braxton & Sophie had so much chemistry between them! I loved the whole book! I hope we get to see more from this enticing world Amber created!!!
Jamie
Heart warming

I gave this book a shot based on the blurb and a gorgeous cover photo. I'm so glad I did! It was heart warming, full of family relationships, and a slow budding relationship of enemies to lovers. I hope she writes more to this series! I really enjoyed the additional characters in the book.
Books Wine and Besties
Oct 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: small-town
Feel good country book about family, forgiveness, and love. This book will leave you feeling uplifted. Highly recommend this book.
Kaylynn Newhard
Sweet sweet Brax

Such a sweet, heartfelt story. Love Sophia and Brax’s story and the redemption of her relationship with her father. Such a good love story.
Happily Mary After
Rustic Hearts is my first time reading Amber Kelly, and I thoroughly enjoyed this fun and sexy enemies-to-lovers romance. Full rec on Frolic to follow soon.
Karie Gibson
Sep 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Stole my heart

This book started stealing my heart from the beginning. Hearts are broken and mended. The love of a good family is all you really need and this book had it in spades. Braxton and Sophie were made for one another. Don't wait to grab this amazing book!
Jennifer Hettrick
This book was amazing!!! To see everyone's different emotions come to life and see their reaction (I'm trying not to give anything away). I encourage everyone to read this story.
Stephanie Crews
Sep 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My fist ever book from Amber Kelly, I love meeting new authors and reading them for the first time.
Sophia and Braxton, enemies to lovers, big city gal and the rustic country boy, but in a snarky attitude and hot sexy times you can’t go wrong. Amber has a way with words that keep her readers unable to put the story down. The main and supporting characters are a wonderful and heartfelt group of people, that don’t need much to get by. I hope she writes more books with the additional character
Melessa Bond lewis
Great love story

Loved characters and base of story. A small town girl uprooted to big city with her mom. She finds out years later whY when Grandma passes away and she decides to go home find out why her Dad never came to see her. In mean time she meets Braxton who was raised by her Dad be cause his mother and father died in car crash. This is almost like enemies to lovers type story. Must read I loved it.
Lena
Oct 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great slow burn

I really enjoyed the slow burn. Braxton and Sophie were so good together. The secondary characters were awesome too. The intimate scenes were more tasteful than I expected which is what I really enjoyed and there wasn’t much cursing. I hate a book that is over the top with F this and GD that and the sex scenes are so graphic they are unbelievable and literally gross!
I’m giving it 4.5 stars only because the “lies and secrets” could have been more exciting and her Daddy should hav
Kim Whitehead
Sep 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Small town shenanigans.
Summer Herms
Sep 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great story and amazing characters! Caught my attention and curiosity from page one! Loved it!
Susan
Oct 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the first book that I've read by Amber Kelly, and I must say that I enjoyed it greatly. I liked Sophie from the start, and while Braxton was kinda a jerk at first, I think that's what was expected. He certainly grew on me as the story went on, and I loved him and Sophie together.

I can't wait to read more from Amber Kelly, and look forward to more in the Poplar Falls series!

• Forever and All the Afters
  • Neat (Becker Brothers, #2)
  • Reining Her In
  • Best of Me
  • Beautifully Broken Spirit (Sutter Lake, #3)
  • Hold on to Hope
  • Jack & Sadie
  • Our Song
  • Hard Place (Hard to Love, #1)
  • Just Breathe Again
  • Unexpected Fall (Unexpected Arrivals #3)
  • Just Ten Seconds
  • Hate the Game (Love Games #1)
  • The Royal Rogue (Nordic Royals #4)
  • Saving Barrette
  • A Lie for a Lie (All In, #1)
  • Dirty Letters